PDA

View Full Version : Triton Combatant Fear

Methais
06-22-2008, 04:37 PM
A triton combatant draws forth a silver-spined dextral conch shell and brings it to her bulbous lips. A terrible, blaring force rumbles forth from the shell, rattling your frame to its very core!
You are frightened into immobility!

<ME GETTING PWNED HERE>

I've never seen them do this before. Is it new or something? And why would that even work on a level 100 character when their base level is 98? Isn't fear supposed to be purely level based?

Sthrockmorton
06-22-2008, 04:39 PM
A triton combatant draws forth a silver-spined dextral conch shell and brings it to her bulbous lips. A terrible, blaring force rumbles forth from the shell, rattling your frame to its very core!
You are frightened into immobility!

<ME GETTING PWNED HERE>

I've never seen them do this before. Is it new or something? And why would that even work on a level 100 character when their base level is 98? Isn't fear supposed to be purely level based?

*Methais just bit the dust!

I was wondering what happened... heh

Fallen
06-22-2008, 04:39 PM
It is basically a warcry maneuver. Warcries are very effective within 5 levels. Spells like Heroism and the Symbol of Courage, as well having a warrior provide you with War Cries will provide some amount of protection.

Sylvan Dreams
06-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Also remember that whatever a creature's base level is doesn't mean that every single one is that level.

Methais
06-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Also remember that whatever a creature's base level is doesn't mean that every single one is that level.

Yeah, but they only go +5/-5 of their base level. Sheer fear I think they have to be 10-15 levels over you to drop you, which is what the messaging on this triton maneuver was similar to.

Jinsem
06-22-2008, 05:52 PM
Happens rarely with my group, but it does happen. I had to highlight all the messages so I could get my group back together... Was disasterous the first time it happened :)

Jinsem