- Bastard Sword
- 5x
- Perfect - 6% bonus to DF/Breakage, +3 AvD
- HCW
- 5 lbs

MB: 20 mil

WRoss
06-21-2008, 02:32 PM
Ehh, you need to get that checked by a GM. I bought a 5x perfect flail with HCW and it got nerfed. Unless some crit weighting merchant came that I don't know about.

Swami71
06-21-2008, 02:35 PM
I just had it altered. Used to have perfect in the description. And I've had it assessed as HCW.

Amaron
06-21-2008, 03:03 PM
At what event or how did you get it weighted?

J

The Ponzzz
06-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Ironwright puts HCW on player forged weapons. But not sure how much he had every done in Prime.

Swami71
06-21-2008, 03:39 PM
perfect mithril warsword with an orchid-cut selanthan bloodjewel set in its hilt

Thats what it looked like when I bought it from Perigourd. I think thats the name.

I just had it altered. But I need silver now.

I have an assist out now to double check. But I have had it assessed as HCW and it had perfect in the description.

Swami71
06-22-2008, 02:05 AM
Normal Bastard Sword

You swing a bastard sword at a jungle troll!
AS: +241 vs DS: +119 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +9 = +166
... and hit for 35 points of damage!
Smooth slash to the jungle troll's hip!
Nice crunching sound.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

My Perfect bastard sword

You swing a black mithril warsword at a jungle troll!
AS: +266 vs DS: +40 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +17 = +281
... and hit for 122 points of damage!
Amazing slash to the jungle troll's belly!
Nothing quite like that empty feeling inside.
The jungle troll's body convulses one last time before the stillness of death overtakes him.
The deep blue glow leaves a jungle troll.

It has a bonus of +25 from a normal warsword, and the way it vibrates in tune with your voice tells you that it requires skill in twohanded weapons to use effectively. It also has some type of special ability, but you can't tell what yet. The warsword has a significantly increased effectiveness in combat.

The harmonics generated tell you that the warsword inflicts more fearsome wounds when it strikes.
The mithril warsword resonates with your voice, indicating that it has been enchanted by Brassaldennar.

Proof Enough?

Khariz
06-22-2008, 11:25 AM
Normal Bastard Sword

You swing a bastard sword at a jungle troll!
AS: +241 vs DS: +119 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +9 = +166
... and hit for 35 points of damage!
Smooth slash to the jungle troll's hip!
Nice crunching sound.

My Perfect bastard sword

You swing a black mithril warsword at a jungle troll!
AS: +266 vs DS: +40 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +17 = +281
... and hit for 122 points of damage!
Amazing slash to the jungle troll's belly!
Nothing quite like that empty feeling inside.
The jungle troll's body convulses one last time before the stillness of death overtakes him.
The deep blue glow leaves a jungle troll.

It has a bonus of +25 from a normal warsword, and the way it vibrates in tune with your voice tells you that it requires skill in twohanded weapons to use effectively. It also has some type of special ability, but you can't tell what yet. The warsword has a significantly increased effectiveness in combat.

The harmonics generated tell you that the warsword inflicts more fearsome wounds when it strikes.
The mithril warsword resonates with your voice, indicating that it has been enchanted by Brassaldennar.

Proof Enough?

I think you missed the point, not that it's your fault.

A while back there was a 5x perfect flail that had heavy crit weighted. It turned out that the weapon should NOT have had crit weigting, as there was no mechanic at the time to add weighting to weapons.

Unless Perigourd got Ironwright to put the HCW on that weapon, it doesn't make sense how a playerforged weapon would have HCW on it.

That's what the doubt came from. Not the properties of the item, but the method/legality of why it has HCW, and the prospect of it being nerfed in the future like that flail.

Swami71
06-22-2008, 11:36 AM
Gotcha. So just risk that it could get nerfed if you buy it?

bluesmith
06-22-2008, 11:38 AM
I understand the skepticism expressed about this weapon, but I don't think it's merited in this case.

I was one of those who got Ironwright to add HCW'ing to my self-forged superior eonake mattock (it was only 4x).

Perigourd was definitely there at and around the same time and it's very likely that he also got this service. I know he's a master forger, and I know that he got some of other services at Ebon Gate, including blessable flares on other weapon.

Khariz
06-22-2008, 12:16 PM
I understand the skepticism expressed about this weapon, but I don't think it's merited in this case.

I was one of those who got Ironwright to add HCW'ing to my self-forged superior eonake mattock (it was only 4x).

Perigourd was definitely there at and around the same time and it's very likely that he also got this service. I know he's a master forger, and I know that he got some of other services at Ebon Gate, including blessable flares on other weapon.

Excellent. I accept that as 100% truth. Bluesmith is a great guy, and if Perigourd was there, so be it.

In my opinion, the HCW on this weapon is now legit.

beer
06-22-2008, 12:21 PM
ha, yeah. that's Perigourd's warsword, weighted legitimately by Ironwright.

it's pretty damn funny that he sold it though, given how hard he bragged about the it being a roleplaying device. he even named the damned thing...

Khariz
06-22-2008, 12:23 PM
Oh yeah, that was Nyddia huh?

Okay, yeah, it's legit.