PDA

View Full Version : Arena: What are your ideas?

Sypher
06-20-2008, 02:00 PM
What's your idea of the ideal Arena, PvP, setup? What would be the contest? What will be the rules? What kind of arena will be best? What kind of rewards? etc.

Discuss.

Stanley Burrell
06-20-2008, 02:32 PM
Please, for the love of Bahai/Buddhism hybridization, make it = on the Premium and Standard scale. Our best shit-starters are low budget.

LMingrone
06-20-2008, 02:53 PM
I don't think there really is an ideal setup. We all know it usually comes down to who gets the first shot. I wish they would just give us a town with no laws or GM interaction. I can't see an Arena or Gladiator Games working anymore.

Methais
06-20-2008, 03:26 PM
What will be the rules?

1. Enter Arena
2. Pwn Faces
3. ????
4. Profit

Sypher
06-20-2008, 03:54 PM
I don't think there really is an ideal setup. We all know it usually comes down to who gets the first shot. I wish they would just give us a town with no laws or GM interaction. I can't see an Arena or Gladiator Games working anymore.

Agreed but I was thinking more elaborate of an arena. Perhaps 10 v 10 capture the flag, with two opposing cities on a heavily terrained, perhaps even booby trapped, area. Also, they might be able to implement some type of siege warfare. In general, the movement toward PvP might be a leg up for the game as a whole.

LMingrone
06-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Never even thought of that, sounds interesting.

At some point they are going to have to put some work into some kind of PVP system.

Methais
06-20-2008, 04:23 PM
Agreed but I was thinking more elaborate of an arena. Perhaps 10 v 10 capture the flag, with two opposing cities on a heavily terrained, perhaps even booby trapped, area. Also, they might be able to implement some type of siege warfare. In general, the movement toward PvP might be a leg up for the game as a whole.

Considering it's taken them longer to develop one new class that's still not finished than it takes most other companies to develop an entire game from scratch, I wouldn't count on anything even semi-elaborate or creative.

Fallen
06-20-2008, 05:16 PM
Two squares going at it with non-flaring weapons, or even physical squares make for entertaining matches.

Two warriors going at it would also be fun to watch

Two pures? Boring as shit.