PDA

View Full Version : Someone sell me on lich

DansMtnVue
06-19-2008, 04:28 PM
I've thought about it and thought about it. Started to read the basic Ruby programming guide. Debated some more. And I'm on the fence.

Is it worth it? Like... really worth it to learn lich scripting (or Ruby, whatever the correct terminology is)?

I've got a pretty decent background with visual basic, and have done a fair amount of wizard scripting, so hopefully it wouldn't be too godawful to learn. The question is, why?

What is so great about lich scripting. What sort of scripts do you have, that are so much better than what you can do with wizard / SF scripting? Why is it so much better that I should put in the time and effort to learn how to do it?

Not being snarky... looking for motivation. :thanx:

Sean of the Thread
06-19-2008, 04:29 PM
It's steals your megahrtz and sells them to Koreans.

Just keep that in mind.

DansMtnVue
06-19-2008, 04:39 PM
It's steals your megahrtz and sells them to Koreans.

Just keep that in mind.

Wow... maybe not such a good idea, then. The last thing we want to do is encourage them.

Sean of the Thread
06-19-2008, 04:40 PM
NI HAO!

Bobmuhthol
06-19-2008, 04:43 PM
Ni hao is Mandarin, wtf.

CrystalTears
06-19-2008, 04:43 PM
Heh, sarcasm is thick in here.

I like that it enables you to run scripts in the background. Having an automatic loot/skin grabber is awesome for us lazy hunters.

DansMtnVue
06-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Heh, sarcasm is thick in here.

I like that it enables you to run scripts in the background. Having an automatic loot/skin grabber is awesome for us lazy hunters.

So it can just sit there and anything that a critter drops, it grabs and tucks away? Is it hard to make it filter out junk and normal equipment?

CrystalTears
06-19-2008, 04:47 PM
It depends on the script. I have one that you setup all your containers on which kind of loot you'd like them assigned to and then when you search it looks and grabs all the predesignated loot. If you see something that you'll want to pick up normally, you can add it to your settings. It's pretty sweet.

There's a script repository that has existing scripts uploaded by other users. You don't even have to know how to script in order to use it. Trust me, I couldn't code myself out of a paper bag.

Some Rogue
06-19-2008, 04:51 PM
It depends on the script. I have one that you setup all your containers on which kind of loot you'd like them assigned to and then when you search it looks and grabs all the predesignated loot.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a64/lrenzo2/lootwhore.jpg

Sean of the Thread
06-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Ni hao is Mandarin, wtf.

Ok so I was off about 1000km.

But the Chinese buy the megahrz from the Koreans... so it all works out.

CrystalTears
06-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Hell yes.

fallenSaint
06-19-2008, 04:53 PM
It depends on the script. I have one that you setup all your containers on which kind of loot you'd like them assigned to and then when you search it looks and grabs all the predesignated loot. If you see something that you'll want to pick up normally, you can add it to your settings. It's pretty sweet.

There's a script repository that has existing scripts uploaded by other users. You don't even have to know how to script in order to use it. Trust me, I couldn't code myself out of a paper bag.

Name of script if it is on Repository or if not could you send it to me and me love you long time?

CrystalTears
06-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Yeah it's on there, I just can't remember the name of it since I'm not home. Ultimateloot or something? Bug me in IM later on tonight if I'm on and remind me.

DansMtnVue
06-19-2008, 05:44 PM
So... I downloaded it, got it working (even working with Psinet... whoot), but can't get the one script I'd really like to work.

us.lic is on the repository, and seems to be the one referenced here by CrystalTears. When I open it up and read it, it seems to have a really nice configuration routine which can be done in-game. However, when I run the script, all I get is:

>;us
--- Lich: us active.
You come out of hiding.
Could not find a valid target to loot.
>
[Monastery, Misty Chamber]
A damp mist seems to seep from the very walls of this vast chamber casting the walls in an eerie green pallor. A large round stone stands upright in the center of the room, rotating like a coin that has been stood on edge and spun. The opening at the center of the stone is pitch black and odd runes are engraved around the edge. A low steady hum emanates from the stone, and the sound soothes your tired nerves. You also see a puddle of water.
--- Lich: us finished.
Obvious exits: out

Any ideas?

TheEschaton
06-19-2008, 05:46 PM
US seems like an active script, not a background script. Maybe it loots everything that's dead in the current room? and picks it up? I'd have to look it.

-TheE-

CrystalTears
06-19-2008, 05:47 PM
Yeah that's a skinning/searching script, which I use, but not the one I mentioned. The one I have running in the background is 'pickup'.

For 'us', you have to tell it the target. In other words, after you kill it, you type 'us troll' and it will skin, search and pick up items for you. It doesn't run in the background like other ones.

fallenSaint
06-19-2008, 05:49 PM
Try running ;us setup

Itll run through and ask your settings.

Edit: Thanks CT I keep forgetting to check the Repo for new nifty shit like this.

DansMtnVue
06-19-2008, 06:04 PM
Try running ;us setup

Itll run through and ask your settings.

Edit: Thanks CT I keep forgetting to check the Repo for new nifty shit like this.

Beautiful. And got pickup and got it configured, as well. I feel like a kid in a candy store. It's a matter of time before I start delving into the language, though. The picking scripts need some tweaking before I can get them to work for me, just at a glance.

DansMtnVue
06-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Gotta say... glad I did it. This is pretty damn nifty, and what little I can understand of the scripts looks like a lot more possibilities. Very, very nice.

fallenSaint
06-19-2008, 07:30 PM
Yea Im really pleased with Lich, its simple and gives you a lot of small things that add up to a more enjoyable run through the game. Just the little stuff with scripts like it'll automatically correct for scripts if they try to do something while your in RT or CT and wait for it to finish and resend the command. If you fall over and it goes to move you itll stand you first shit like that. Plus you can run tons of scripts in the background without destroying your system resources.