PDA

View Full Version : Backlash

Tisket
06-15-2008, 07:07 PM
mo·ron (môrn, mr-)
n.
1. A stupid person; a dolt.
2. Psychology A person of mild mental retardation having a mental age of from 7 to 12 years and generally having communication and social skills enabling some degree of academic or vocational education. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

Why do you do it dude? Seriously, why do you stick around here?

That is all.

Tisket
06-15-2008, 07:13 PM
This reminds me of BL for some reason:

http://sociallyretarded.org/

sst
06-15-2008, 07:24 PM
why are you so obsessed over the guy? Who gives a fuck

Tisket
06-15-2008, 07:30 PM
His persistence is kind of fascinating in a shoot-me-in-the-head kind of way. I want to know why he puts up with the insults and sticks around. What does he get out of being a member of a group of people who thoroughly dislike him. There must be something...

Back
06-15-2008, 07:55 PM
His persistence is kind of fascinating in a shoot-me-in-the-head kind of way. I want to know why he puts up with the insults and sticks around. What does he get out of being a member of a group of people who thoroughly dislike him. There must be something...

Backlash has not posted since August of last year though I am the poster who posted as Backlash and have since changed the name of the account slightly.

I’m not going to sit here and tell you I am two different people. That would be insane. But I am going to tell you I have evolved since I started posting here. Just a fraction. Hmm... that probably sounds as crazy as being two different people...

Back in the day I had my need to express some kind of anger or resentment at some genuinely stupid person over the internet. Those were dark days. Self-loathing days. The GW years. It wasn’t all bad. There were little stars in the black of night

I seriously do not feel the need to denigrate anyone. Even stupid people.

Take your raincloud south, wasabi.

TheEschaton
06-15-2008, 07:58 PM
No one says you denigrate people. Tisket said people denigrate you and you still have some attention-seeking, pathetic need to try and insert yourself in people's lives and be liked.

-TheE-

Back
06-15-2008, 08:00 PM
Shit, you’re right.

I come here and still post just for a laugh.

Tisket
06-15-2008, 08:01 PM
I'm really trying to understand why someone would put up with verbal abuse. I mean it's almost guaranteed when you post. The internet is a big place. Lots and lots of places you could go to be, well, yourself. But you choose here. It just seems you are very masochistic to stick around. Just baffles me.

Snapp
06-15-2008, 08:04 PM
But I am going to tell you I have evolved since I started posting here.
I can agree with this, but I really don't think it's been for the better. I dunno if it's all the drugs or what, but you really seem to be in your own world.

Back
06-15-2008, 08:07 PM
I'm really trying to understand why someone would put up with verbal abuse. I mean it's almost guaranteed when you post. The internet is a big place. Lots and lots of places you could go to be, well, yourself. But you choose here. It just seems you are very masochistic to stick around. Just baffles me.

I usually avoid people who seem really negative but I like to look beyond their issue and hopefully bring the mood up in some way. I’m actually pretty good at it.

Sean of the Thread
06-15-2008, 08:07 PM
I don't bug the retarded fucker that much after all the personal stalking he did but let the fucker do what he wants IMO.

/who gives a fuck

Back
06-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Lets go bowling.

Gan
06-15-2008, 08:32 PM
Backlash has not posted since August of last year though I am the poster who posted as Backlash and have since changed the name of the account slightly.

I’m not going to sit here and tell you I am two different people. That would be insane. But I am going to tell you I have evolved since I started posting here. Just a fraction. Hmm... that probably sounds as crazy as being two different people...

Back in the day I had my need to express some kind of anger or resentment at some genuinely stupid person over the internet. Those were dark days. Self-loathing days. The GW years. It wasn’t all bad. There were little stars in the black of night

I seriously do not feel the need to denigrate anyone. Even stupid people.

Take your raincloud south, wasabi.

Translation: The mood stabilizers I'm on successfully take away the paranoia of the pot I smoke as well as help keep me mellow and less aggressive to those who slight me here on the PC. However, I still have creepy stalker type tendancies and am still looking for the 'special' someone (Hi Nien!) to help pass along my existential genetics with. Here, I can explain it better if I slip in a Black Crowes CD and read you some really bad poetry. Would you like a beer? Dont let the paper bag fool you - that can is indeed uncrushable.

Parkbandit
06-15-2008, 08:44 PM

Attention is attention.. whether positive or negative.

It's a cry for help.

Parkbandit
06-15-2008, 08:45 PM
I can agree with this, but I really don't think it's been for the better. I dunno if it's all the drugs or what, but you really seem to be in your own world.

I was going to say.. doesn't the term "evolved" usually imply improvement?

Though in Backlash's defense, it wouldn't take much to improve.. we just haven't seen any.

RichardCranium
06-15-2008, 08:48 PM
Because it's a message board on the internet and who gives a fuck if people denigrate you on it or not?

radamanthys
06-15-2008, 11:58 PM
Some folks've been posting here for 5 or so years now, and that's just this iteration.

I wouldn't be surprised if one or two get attached, in a way. It's kinda like visiting your fucked up side of the family- they hate you, you hate them... but there's a common bond in there someplace.

Doesn't mean it's right, or good. Just sayin'.

longshot
06-16-2008, 04:23 AM
mo·ron (môrn, mr-)
n.
1. A stupid person; a dolt.
2. Psychology A person of mild mental retardation having a mental age of from 7 to 12 years and generally having communication and social skills enabling some degree of academic or vocational education. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

Why do you do it dude? Seriously, why do you stick around here?

That is all.

Tisket, you're a lot of fun, but you're humor can end up in the deep rough sometime. I mean, we all kinda know what he is, right?

Back/Backlash/Beelzebub is thankful that you gave him the attention of his own thread. That's for sure. And, I think that's why he sticks around here.

I think he does the best that he can. It's just, well, it's just that his best isn't all that good. I'd like to see him evolve in a positive way. I really do. But, I just don't see it happening...

http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/ap/1a56ed79-9024-4587-99d7-7c7205a29db4.standard.jpg

Not going to make it.

Nope.

Tisket
06-16-2008, 04:45 AM
you're humor can end up in the deep rough sometime.

I get that a lot. But I usually tell myself it's everyone else that doesn't get it. Hey, it's worked for me for years.

Anyway, I wasn't trying to be funny. I posted mostly in disgust after reading a few of his posts. I should have taken a deep breath and let it go.

Miss Ismurii
06-16-2008, 01:05 PM
why are you so obsessed over the guy? Who gives a fuck

How the hell does that make her obsessed with him? You're so lame on so many levels.

iJin
06-16-2008, 01:14 PM
lol

Clove
06-16-2008, 02:09 PM
How the hell does that make her obsessed with him? You're so lame on so many levels.Hey! Get back to the Miss Ismurii is an attention whore thread where you belong okayy?

It takes too much effort to make fun of you and Backlash in the same thread. Show some consideration!

Clove
06-16-2008, 02:15 PM
And to answer Tisket's question, BL could go post somewhere where he isn't so reviled, but then people would probably ignore him (much the way many of Stanley's posts are). No attention is worse than bad attention. To account for this he'd have to go through the process of annoying that board until those posters began reacting to his posts the same way we do here.

No point in reinventing the wheel. Here he's guaranteed attention (even if it is bad). I mean, just imagine the work he'd have to put in at some other board for someone there to begin a thread like this about him? Okay, so probably not all that long, but still- the job is done here.

sst
06-16-2008, 02:20 PM
How the hell does that make her obsessed with him? You're so lame on so many levels.

I'm sorry I couldn’t read that over the sound of you slitting your wrists.
(Could not resist)

The fact that him/her/it and others here keep making these kinds of threads or turning them into this, and jumping all over the dude’s ass that gets me. I understand people with genuine gripes taking pot shots every now and then, I sure as hell get my share taken from me for stupid shit I’ve said or done in the past, but at the same time some folks just need to give it a rest already. And everyone with any sense here knows that im not exactly a fan of the poster formerly known as backlash

Tisket
06-16-2008, 02:32 PM
I too felt "obsessed" was too strong a term but I understood where you were coming from. S'all good.

thefarmer
06-16-2008, 05:12 PM
I too felt "obsessed" was too strong a term but I understood where you were coming from. S'all good.

How about "scab-picking" like?

You know that motherfucker is gonna be nasty and probably hurt, but you do it anyway.. just because.

Miss Ismurii
06-16-2008, 05:58 PM
(Could not resist)

Uh huh. I'm sure you can hear that.

Hey! Get back to the Miss Ismurii is an attention whore thread where you belong okayy?

How about no. Thank you.

iJin
06-16-2008, 06:24 PM
major rofling

Mabus
06-16-2008, 07:19 PM
It takes too much effort to make fun of you and Backlash in the same thread. Show some consideration!
I guess I best stay out of this thread as well!
;)

Miss Ismurii
06-16-2008, 07:21 PM
I guess I best stay out of this thread as well!
;)

Too late it seems! Clove is going to have a heart attack now. How sad.

Mabus
06-16-2008, 07:23 PM
(Could not resist)

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg160/flasming551/emo.jpg

Miss Ismurii
06-16-2008, 07:24 PM
I am not even going to say anything about that. Grrr.

radamanthys
06-16-2008, 09:19 PM
You just did...

Back
06-16-2008, 10:06 PM
And to answer Tisket's question, BL could go post somewhere where he isn't so reviled, but then people would probably ignore him (much the way many of Stanley's posts are). No attention is worse than bad attention. To account for this he'd have to go through the process of annoying that board until those posters began reacting to his posts the same way we do here.

No point in reinventing the wheel. Here he's guaranteed attention (even if it is bad). I mean, just imagine the work he'd have to put in at some other board for someone there to begin a thread like this about him? Okay, so probably not all that long, but still- the job is done here.

Actually, I just come here to amuse Tisket. And myself. And everyone else.

diethx
06-16-2008, 10:40 PM
Um, but you don't amuse anyone. Amusement is a positive feeling, and you don't give anyone here any inkling of a positive feeling.

Clove
06-17-2008, 10:48 AM
...To account for this he'd have to go through the process of annoying that board until those posters began reacting to his posts the same way we do here...

Actually, I just come here to amuse Tisket. And myself. And everyone else.Apparently "annoy" and "amuse" are synonyms on your planet.

Um, but you don't amuse anyone. Amusement is a positive feeling, and you don't give anyone here any inkling of a positive feeling.QFT.

Parkbandit
06-17-2008, 11:06 AM
Don't question Backlash.. he's a pundit.

Gan
06-17-2008, 12:16 PM
the PC pundit.

Get your shit straight, oldtimer.

RichardCranium
06-17-2008, 12:21 PM
I thought the "Let's go bowling" remark was pretty funny.