PDA

View Full Version : 5x hcw falchion for perfectly forged handaxe/star

Gigantuous
06-14-2008, 05:12 PM
Title says it all. Don't know if this is a realistic trade or not, as no one would answer on psinet.

The falchion is 5x and hcw, like I said. The description is "a dark golvern plated veniom-hilted craquemarte reinforced with vaalin and etched with ancient runes surrounding the inscription of "Soultaker" ".

After a careful inspection you determine that a dark golvern plated veniom-hilted craquemarte reinforced with vaalin and etched with ancient runes surrounding the inscription of "Soultaker" requires skill in edged weapons to use effectively. It appears to be a modified falchion.

It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of golvern.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

You carefully examine the veniom-hilted craquemarte and determine that the weight is about 4 pounds.

You assess the craquemarte for structural weaknesses and strengths.

Careful examination indicates the veniom-hilted craquemarte has a base strength of 90 and a base durability of 200. You also determine the current integrity of the veniom-hilted craquemarte to be at 100.0%.

You heft the craquemarte a few times, but learn nothing more about it.

So...yeah. Looking to trade to try the plasma flares paladins get, plus the extra DF bonus from the weapon plus 1605.

Sile
06-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Hey there i might have somethign your interested in, feel free to msg me ingame.

Sile

Sypher
06-14-2008, 10:21 PM
Just to give you a heads up. A 5x hcw weapon can easily go for 12 mil +. I've gotten perfect weapons as low as 2.5 mil. But usually run you about 3 mil depending on the metal.

Sthrockmorton
06-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Just to give you a heads up. A 5x hcw weapon can easily go for 12 mil +. I've gotten perfect weapons as low as 2.5 mil. But usually run you about 3 mil depending on the metal.

Kinda glad you posted that, was just about to say something myself...

LadyLaphrael
06-14-2008, 11:08 PM
And with a well-tossing description such as that, doesn't it crank the value by at least 20% more? Isn't that how these things usually work?

Sthrockmorton
06-14-2008, 11:23 PM
And with a well-tossing description such as that, doesn't it crank the value by at least 20% more? Isn't that how these things usually work?

I wouldn't say 20%, maybe by one or two million. Alterations are pretty easy to get your hands on these days. But it adds value, nonetheless

Izzy
06-15-2008, 01:26 AM
I wouldn't say 20%, maybe by one or two million. Alterations are pretty easy to get your hands on these days. But it adds value, nonetheless

I think she was commenting on how absurdly grotesque the alteration was, not that it was simply altered.

Also, that kind of alteration should DECREASE the value, to the point where it's not even worth enough to throw down the well. That's worse than any of the shit I've seen Tsin wearing, and that's saying a lot.

BriarFox
06-15-2008, 01:46 AM
I think she was commenting on how absurdly grotesque the alteration was, not that it was simply altered.

Also, that kind of alteration should DECREASE the value, to the point where it's not even worth enough to throw down the well. That's worse than any of the shit I've seen Tsin wearing, and that's saying a lot.

The beer hat is by far the worst ...

Sile
06-15-2008, 02:43 AM
Yeah, still interested in talking about a trade. I have a perfect 4x handaxe and can add some coin.

Couple people probably thought I was trying to rip you. It wasn't the case.

Gigantuous
06-15-2008, 10:15 AM
I'll send a response to you in game asap, Sile.

To the folks helping me out with values: Thank you very much.

To the basher of the weapon alteration: I'd just like to say that I didn't alter it to that, lol. I just never changed it.

Widgets
06-15-2008, 10:16 AM
Title says it all. Don't know if this is a realistic trade or not, as no one would answer on psinet.

The falchion is 5x and hcw, like I said. The description is "a dark golvern plated veniom-hilted craquemarte reinforced with vaalin and etched with ancient runes surrounding the inscription of "Soultaker" ".

After a careful inspection you determine that a dark golvern plated veniom-hilted craquemarte reinforced with vaalin and etched with ancient runes surrounding the inscription of "Soultaker" requires skill in edged weapons to use effectively. It appears to be a modified falchion.

It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of golvern.

You carefully examine the veniom-hilted craquemarte and determine that the weight is about 4 pounds.

You assess the craquemarte for structural weaknesses and strengths.

Careful examination indicates the veniom-hilted craquemarte has a base strength of 90 and a base durability of 200. You also determine the current integrity of the veniom-hilted craquemarte to be at 100.0%.

You heft the craquemarte a few times, but learn nothing more about it.

So...yeah. Looking to trade to try the plasma flares paladins get, plus the extra DF bonus from the weapon plus 1605.

I'd shoot for a perfect eonake weapon. You'd get the Double Plasma Flaring Chances when you bond to it and use the Plasma Flare Ability Paladins have in the spell list. Works nicely :)

Gigantuous
06-15-2008, 10:21 AM
I didn't think of that, that sounds hot.

Siles, got a potential morning star trade working (which is my first choice, I've been wanting to switch to OHB for a bit now). I'll contact you in game and let you know what's the deal sometime this evening if you're around.

BriarFox
06-15-2008, 12:11 PM
You don't need to have an eonake weapon to get flares with bonding. Bonding automatically sanctifies and flares blessable weapons. 1608 flares sanctified weapons otherwise, which is where eonake is useful.

Widgets
06-15-2008, 01:14 PM
You don't need to have an eonake weapon to get flares with bonding. Bonding automatically sanctifies and flares blessable weapons. 1608 flares sanctified weapons otherwise, which is where eonake is useful.

Yup, however to obtain Double Plasma Flares, it must be a bonded eonake weapon normally. Unless that has since changed when I last had my paladin

Sile
06-15-2008, 02:03 PM
Yeah double plasma flares is affected by training in blessing lore i think. I get them and its not any special metal.

Widgets
06-15-2008, 02:29 PM
Yeah double plasma flares is affected by training in blessing lore i think. I get them and its not any special metal.

Ah maybe it is changed then, but none the less..Something to look into for sure.

I used to remember me ditching my 4x HCW battle axe that was bonded, in exchange for a normal unweighted/unflared eonake battle axe just for the double flares alone...but then later I purchased a Black Ora Maul from the WD and went with that.

justincredible
06-16-2008, 06:06 PM
I get double flares with my steel star at about the same rate I saw them from my eonake one. Pretty sure it's based on blessing lore training

Swami71
06-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Str8JcktSerenade's auction has a morning star with elegant forging.

an elegant fel-hafted vultite morning-star
4x, Blessable (currently blessed, not sure how long that'll last),
Elegant forging bonuses, crafted by Bluesmith

MB: 150k

# Perfect - 6% bonus to DF/Breakage, +3 AvD
# Superior - 4% bonus to DF/Breakage, +2 AvD
# Hefty - 4% bonus to DF/Breakage, +2 AvD
# Nifty - 4% bonus to DF/Breakage, +2 AvD
# Well-crafted - 4% bonus to DF/Breakage, +2 AvD
# Exquisite - 4% bonus to DF/Breakage, +2 AvD
# Well-made - 2% bonus to DF/Breakage, +1 AvD
# Elegant - 2% bonus to DF/Breakage, +1 AvD
# Fine - 2% bonus to DF/Breakage, +1 AvD

Gigantuous
06-19-2008, 04:05 AM
Falchion has been traded, thanks for the interest folks. :)

waywardgs
07-20-2008, 12:55 PM
Yeah, still interested in talking about a trade. I have a perfect 4x handaxe and can add some coin.

Couple people probably thought I was trying to rip you. It wasn't the case.

So does this have new meaning now?