PDA

View Full Version : GM's getting too involved

Valgren
06-11-2008, 10:22 PM
sR>
[script aborted]
>point aresh
You point at Areshin, ruining his hiding place.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
sR>
Daheus traces a series of glowing runes while chanting an arcane phrase...
Daheus gestures.
Multicolored rays shoot out of Daheus's body and flow into the shimmering sphere around him.
s>
Daheus recites a series of mystical phrases while raising his hands...
Daheus gestures.
Daheus is surrounded by a shimmering field of energy.
s>.fletch 1 no bow dagger handaxe backpack
[Script fletch is running, Esc to cancel, Shift-Esc to pause]
>glance
You glance down to see a feras dagger in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.
s>get 1 shaft from my backpack
You remove a single rough arrow shaft from a bundle of rough arrow shafts.
s>cut my shaft with my dagger
You pare away the excess wood, taking care to keep the shaft straight. Despite a few rough spots along the length, you seem to be making consistently straighter shafts.
Roundtime: 21 sec.
sR>cut my shaft with my dagger
Generally, you should paint or crest your shafts before cutting nocks in them, but it is not necessary. If you do decide to skip this step, you will not be able to go back and paint them later, although cresting might still be possible.
s>get dagger from my backpack
Get what?
s>cut nock in my shaft with my dagger
You decide to skip painting your ammunition. Hey, if it's good enough for nature, it's good enough for you, eh?

You begin cutting a nock in the end of the arrow shaft, but cut too deeply into one side, and slice part of the end off. That'll never fire... might as well toss it.
Roundtime: 16 sec.
sR>glance
You glance down to see a feras dagger in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.
s>
Nesa just arrived.
s>get 1 shaft from my backpack
You remove a single rough arrow shaft from a bundle of rough arrow shafts.
s>
Nesa just went east.
s>chat I have a Cisco something-or-other with 4 port switch
You focus on transmitting your thought.
You pare away the excess wood, taking care to keep the shaft straight. The shaft is barely curved at all, but could stand to be a little thicker. It looks like it will work just fine, but is not really worthy of mention.

That was a little easier. Perhaps you are growing more skillful?

Roundtime: 36 sec.
sR>
* Kestrynna just bit the dust!
sR>chat whatever that means
sR>
Floodsun just arrived.
sR>
Floodsun slings a silvery grey vultite shield over his shoulder.
sR>
Areshin glances at you.
sR>
Natam's spirit appears to be lifted by the singing.
The mirror images surrounding Natam undulate and grow stronger.
Natam renews his songs.
sR>
Floodsun sits down.
sR>
Floodsun leans against a large fireplace.
sR>
Speaking in Dark Elven, Areshin says, "Do not do that."
Generally, you should paint or crest your shafts before cutting nocks in them, but it is not necessary. If you do decide to skip this step, you will not be able to go back and paint them later, although cresting might still be possible.
Get what?
s>raise eye areshin
You raise an eyebrow in Areshin's direction.
s>cut nock in my shaft with my dagger
You decide to skip painting your ammunition. Hey, if it's good enough for nature, it's good enough for you, eh?

You carefully cut a nock into the end of the arrow shaft.
Roundtime: 13 sec.
sR>look aresh
You see Areshin.
He appears to be a Faendryl Dark Elf.
He is taller than average and appears to be young. He has piercing crystal green eyes and ebon skin. He has long, fine black hair worn in a ponytail. He has an angular face, a straight nose and sharply-curved pointed ears.
He has an old battle scar across his back, and an old battle scar across his abdominal area.
He is wearing an ebony wool cape, a brushed blue felt hat, a little round mirror, a crystal amulet, a slashed indigo sash, a large golden yellow pack, some blue double leather, a wrist sheath, a dark leather locksmith's toolkit, a leather sheath, a small cobalt blue belt pouch, a pair of gold-threaded leggings, and some dark blue square-toed shoes.
sR>
Areshin appears to be checking his pockets for something, but finds them empty.
sR>
You notice Areshin slip into a hiding place.
sR>put my dagger in my backpack
You put a feras dagger in your heavy backpack.
s>get bow from my backpack
>"find a better spot and I wont
You remove a long bow from in your heavy backpack.
s>
You softly say, "Find a better spot and I wont."
s>swap
You swap a long bow to your left hand and a single arrow shaft to your right hand.
s>measure my shaft
Nocking the arrow shaft in your long bow, you draw it back as though preparing to let fly. When the bow string reaches optimal tension, you carefully un-nock the shaft and ease the string forward while grasping the shaft with your left hand to mark the length until you can make a tiny cut on the shaft.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
sR>point areshin
You point at Areshin, ruining his hiding place.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
sR>put my bow in my backpack
You put a long bow in your heavy backpack.
s>
Areshin hauls off and slaps you up'side the head!
>swap
You remove a feras dagger from in your heavy backpack.
s>
You swap a single arrow shaft to your left hand and a feras dagger to your right hand.
Using your previous mark as a guide, you cleanly slice the end off the arrow shaft.
Roundtime: 4 sec.
sR>
[script aborted]
>put shaft in waste
As you place a single arrow shaft into a simple wooden wastebasket you feel pleased with yourself at having cleaned up the surrounding area.
s>
Adagan offers Nagada a Wehnimer's promissory note.
s>
Nagada accepts Adagan's promissory note.
s>put dagg in bac
You put a feras dagger in your heavy backpack.
s>
Nagada nods.
s>stand
You stand back up.
>hide
Roundtime: 3 sec.
You attempt to blend with the surroundings and feel confident that no one has noticed your doing so.
HR>look
[Raging Thrak Inn, Trophy Room]
The charred form of a fireplace occasionally billows small clouds of dust from a spot away from the crowd in the tavern. Charred animal skins lie before the hearth, flanked on either side by clawed and raggedly ripped couches. Broken and blackened trophies of forgotten hunts line the burnt and stained walls. You also see the Natam disk, a polished bloodwood wand, a green zircon, a thrak hide curtain and a simple wooden wastebasket.
Also here: Floodsun who is sitting, Natam, Areshin who is sitting, Adagan who is sitting, Nagada, Tiner, Daheus
Obvious exits: northeast, east
H>look in cloak
In the vruul skin cloak you see a a pair of skull-patterned dice, a feras dagger, a solid wooden wedge (x3), a strong wooden wedge (x2), a linen badge, an onyx-inlaid ora pin, a radiant-cut golden topaz earring, a silver and aquamarine clasp, an engraved gold alloy torc and the following:
1 Scrolls: a crumbling scroll
7 Magic: a crystal amulet, a ruby amulet, a black crystal, a blue crystal, a thick gold ring, a twisted gold ring, a small statue
2 Herbs: some acantha leaf, some ambrominas leaf
H>
* Warex just bit the dust!
H>
Areshin appears to be checking his pockets for something, but finds them empty.
H>info
Name: Valgren Race: Dark Elf Profession: Rogue (shown as: Locksmith)
Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 76 (13) ... 76 (13)
Constitution (CON): 71 (5) ... 71 (5)
Dexterity (DEX): 87 (28) ... 87 (28)
Agility (AGI): 72 (16) ... 72 (16)
Discipline (DIS): 92 (11) ... 92 (11)
Aura (AUR): 95 (32) ... 95 (32)
Logic (LOG): 81 (15) ... 81 (15)
Intuition (INT): 86 (23) ... 86 (23)
Wisdom (WIS): 74 (17) ... 74 (17)
Influence (INF): 53 (-4) ... 53 (-4)
Mana: 35 Silver: 2500
H>
Nagada just went east.
H>profile aresh
H>fame areshin
Areshin has 70473 fame.
H>look aresh
You see Areshin.
He is taller than average and appears to be young. He has piercing crystal green eyes and ebon skin. He has long, fine black hair worn in a ponytail. He has an angular face, a straight nose and sharply-curved pointed ears.
He has an old battle scar across his back, and an old battle scar across his abdominal area.
He is wearing an ebony wool cape, a brushed blue felt hat, a little round mirror, a crystal amulet, a slashed indigo sash, a large golden yellow pack, some blue double leather, a wrist sheath, a dark leather locksmith's toolkit, a leather sheath, a small cobalt blue belt pouch, a pair of gold-threaded leggings, and some dark blue square-toed shoes.
H>
Teclys just arrived.
H>get dagg from bac
You remove a feras dagger from in your heavy backpack.
H>
Teclys makes a quick gesture while calling upon the powers of the elements...
Teclys gestures.
H>stalk aresh
You move into position to stalk Areshin when he moves.
HJ>
Teclys gestures while calling upon the lesser spirits for aid...
Teclys gestures.
Teclys suddenly looks more powerful.
HJ>
Nesa just arrived.
HJ>
Teclys rubs his crystal amulet.
HJ>
Nesa just went east.
HJ>stance off
You are now in an offensive stance.
HJ>
Nesa just arrived.
HJ>
Nesa just went east.
HJ>chat i'm about to kill someone
>chat as soon as they leave town
* Belezia just bit the dust!
HJ>chat will be the first person i've killed in years
>chat will do
HJ>
Daheus gestures.
Daheus blurs before your eyes.
HJ>
Teclys checks his equipment, adjusting and rearranging his gear.
HJ>chat the guy slapped me
>chat that is death
Teclys just went east.
HJ>look
The charred form of a fireplace occasionally billows small clouds of dust from a spot away from the crowd in the tavern. Charred animal skins lie before the hearth, flanked on either side by clawed and raggedly ripped couches. Broken and blackened trophies of forgotten hunts line the burnt and stained walls. You also see the Natam disk, a polished bloodwood wand, a green zircon, a thrak hide curtain and a simple wooden wastebasket.
Also here: Floodsun who is sitting, Natam, Areshin who is sitting, Adagan who is sitting, Tiner, Daheus
HJ>chat he doesnt know it yet tho
Teclys just arrived.
HJ>chat later rada
HJ>
High Lord Griffinex just arrived.
HJ>
High Lord Griffinex just went northeast.
HJ>
Nagada just arrived.
HJ>
Nagada sits down.
HJ>aim
USAGE: AIM {location} Sets your default aiming preference
AIM CLEAR Clears your default aiming preference
AIM RANDOM Same as AIM CLEAR
AIM LIST Produces a list of aimable locations

You're not aiming at anything in particular right now.
HJ>
* Khasa just bit the dust!
HJ>
* Bandaor just bit the dust!
HJ>
Tiner recites a series of mystical phrases while raising his hands...
Tiner gestures.
Tiner is surrounded by a shimmering field of energy.
HJ>
HJ>
Tiner slides an intricate gold ring off his finger.
HJ>
Tiner slides a gold and brass ring on his finger.
Suddenly Tiner vanishes!
HJ>look
Daheus gestures.
A luminescent aura begins to swirl around Daheus.
HJ>
Also here: High Lord Griffinex, Nagada who is sitting, Teclys, Floodsun who is sitting, Natam, Areshin who is sitting, Adagan who is sitting, Daheus
HJ>look aresh
You see Areshin.
HJ>
* Meksill just bit the dust!
HJ>chat 700k fame should be old enough to kill you think yeah?
Natam's spirit appears to be lifted by the singing.
The mirror images surrounding Natam undulate and grow stronger.
Natam renews his songs.
HJ>chat besides outstanding cases like myself
>fame
HJ>
Your personal fame is 271064.
You are a level 34 Dark Elf Rogue.

HJ>
Griffinex makes a nearly imperceptible motion while whispering a soft phrase...
Griffinex gestures.
Griffinex suddenly looks much more dextrous.
HJ>
Griffinex makes a nearly imperceptible motion while whispering a soft phrase...
Griffinex gestures.
Griffinex suddenly looks much more dextrous.
HJ>chat 270k fame at 35
High Lord Griffinex just went east.
HJ>
Nagada rubs his crystal amulet.
HJ>
HJ>
Griffinex checks his equipment, adjusting and rearranging his gear.
HJ>
High Lord Griffinex just went east.
HJ>
Areshin stands up.
HJ>
Areshin just went east.
[Raging Thrak Inn, Barroom]
A long and polished wooden bar occupies the whole north wall of the tavern here in The Raging Thrak, which is named for the fiery proprietor. Hard wooden chairs, tables and benches are spaced liberally throughout the room. The tavern does good business, and seems to be at least half full, no matter what time of day. You also see a doorway.
Also here: Areshin
Obvious exits: north, south, west, out
HJ>
Areshin just went out.
[Town Square, Northwest]
This corner of the square is lively and hectic even at night. A number of representatives of the Landing's population, including several elven loggers and a party of rough-looking dwarves, loiter around the door of the Raging Thrak Inn, where the rowdy cheers of patrons and voices raised in songs of many sorts, from snatches of heroic ballads to blushingly bawdy tunes, beckon you to enter. You also see a woodland wolf.
Obvious paths: north, east, southeast, south
HJ>
Areshin just went southeast.
[Town Square Central]
This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see a dented gold trunk, a large acorn, the Siierra disk, a large acorn, a large acorn, a wooden arrow, a large acorn, a large acorn, a large acorn, some stone benches with some stuff on it and an herbal remedy donation bin.
Also here: Areshin, Taishara who is sitting, Loralaii, Lord Wakko, Lord Demiga, Necroniss who is sitting, Siierra, Lord Demyse, Grand Lady Katya who is sleeping, Alairico who is kneeling
Obvious paths: northeast, east, southeast, southwest, west, northwest
HJ>
Ausek's group just arrived.
HJ>
Ausek's group just went west.
HJ>chat ooh he's moving....damn, went to TSC
Siierra murmurs a simple, mystical chant...
HJ>
Siierra gestures.
Siierra's left hand looks better.
HJ>
Libras just arrived.
HJ>
Brokenwing just arrived.
HJ>
Libras just went northeast.
HJ>
Brokenwing deeply says, "Any healing? bout to bleed to death."
HJ>
Lord Wakko just went northeast.
HJ>
Brokenwing put an ancient bloodstained white ora sledgehammer with razor-sharp eonake spikes in his weapon sling.
HJ>
Brokenwing removes some acantha leaf from in an herbal remedy donation bin.
HJ>
Brokenwing takes a bite of his acantha leaf.
Brokenwing looks a little better.
HJ>
Areshin just went northwest.
[Town Square, Northwest]
This corner of the square is lively and hectic even at night. A number of representatives of the Landing's population, including several elven loggers and a party of rough-looking dwarves, loiter around the door of the Raging Thrak Inn, where the rowdy cheers of patrons and voices raised in songs of many sorts, from snatches of heroic ballads to blushingly bawdy tunes, beckon you to enter. You also see a woodland wolf.
HJ>
Kivex just arrived.
HJ>
Areshin just went north.
[Wehnimer's, Talon St.]
The street runs between the northern palisade and the central square to the south and east. The traffic is varied here, as a few traders and travelers mingle on the dark streets with the ever-present and watchful militiamen. The damaged walls of Cholgar's Bathhouse occupy nearly the entire block. You also see a ruined wooden rolton with a dilapidated sign on it.
Obvious paths: north, south
HJ>
Areshin just went north.
>look
[Wehnimer's, North Ring Rd.]
The road turns gradually at this point as it forms the northwest corner of the city. The main path curves along the north and west walls, and another leads south between the buildings. The massive oak and modwir logs of the city palisade tower overhead. You also see a brightly lit small painted wagon.
Obvious paths: east, south, southwest
HJ>
The road turns gradually at this point as it forms the northwest corner of the city. The main path curves along the north and west walls, and another leads south between the buildings. The massive oak and modwir logs of the city palisade tower overhead. You also see a brightly lit small painted wagon.
Obvious paths: east, south, southwest
HJ>
Areshin just went east.
The cobbled road girds the town along the inner side of the northern palisade. Just to the north stand the twin sentinels of the gate's guardtowers, silhouetted against the night sky. Guardsmen come and go through the main gates, keeping a close eye on the people of all races who move to and fro. Opposite the gates, you see the shop of Dakris the Furrier.
Obvious paths: north, east, west
HJ>
Areshin just went north.
[Wehnimer's, Land's End Rd.]
Vigilant night guardsmen scrutinize the citizens and travelers arriving and departing through the wide gateway spanning the land route into Wehnimer's Landing. The cluttered streets of the city to the south are a far cry from the deceptively calm expanse of the wilds of Elanith outside. Two daunting towers survey the countryside and protect the town, flanking the road to the east and west. You also see a wooden barrel.
Also here: Areshin, Lord Wakko, Mahopac, Drooly
Obvious paths: south
HJ>
Areshin just entered the east tower.
[Land Tower East, Office]
The ground floor of this guard tower appears to be some kind of office. A single guard sits behind one of the desks reviewing some paperwork. A small wood stove in the corner provides heat to the room. You also see a sky-blue glaes scarab, the Guerand disk, the Xixtrataa disk, a large wastebasket and some wooden steps.
Also here: Areshin, Guerand, Xixtrataa, Eesham who is sitting, Lebirty who is sitting
Obvious exits: out
HJ>
Lebirty says, "I wish this one was nicer."
HJ>
Lebirty taps a silver-hilted veniom-wrapped longsword, which is in his right hand.
HJ>
Eesham fiddles with a sky-blue glaes scarab for a moment.
HJ>
Xixtrataa slings a crimson shield inset with black deathstones in a smiling face over her shoulder.
HJ>chat now to east tower....
Lebirty put a silver-hilted veniom-wrapped longsword in his veniom-threaded backpack.
HJ>
Eesham says, "Dont use longswords."
HJ>chat leave town you douche so I can kill you
Eesham taps a sky-blue glaes scarab.
HJ>
Eesham picks up a sky-blue glaes scarab.
HJ>
Eesham just opened a dark veniom mesh haversack.
HJ>
Eesham put a sky-blue glaes scarab in his veniom mesh haversack.
HJ>stance off
You are now in an offensive stance.
HJ>
Eesham just closed a dark veniom mesh haversack.
HJ>
Lebirty nods to Eesham.
HJ>
Xixtrataa huskily says, "Good luck on the hunt for a dagger."
HJ>
Xixtrataa waves to Eesham.
HJ>
Eesham removes a set of professional calipers from in his veniom mesh battle-cloak.
HJ>
Floodsun just arrived.
HJ>
Eesham uses a set of professional calipers to carefully measure the lock...
HJ>
Simarious just arrived.
HJ>
Xixtrataa put an elegantly gleaming dirk in her stylish cobalt thigh-boots.
HJ>
Lebirty says, "When I find a better dagger than what I have."
HJ>
[Using macro set 5 - Macro set 5]
HJ>
Xixtrataa smiles.
HJ>
Xixtrataa just went out.
HJ>
Guerand gazes at his reflection in the white jade mirror.
HJ>
Eesham put a set of professional calipers in his veniom mesh battle-cloak.
HJ>
Floodsun asks, "Anyone open for crystal golems?"
HJ>
Simarious nods to Floodsun.
HJ>
Simarious sits down.
HJ>
Floodsun says, "Just a couple."
HJ>
Guerand says, "What train."
HJ>
Guerand says, "Are those."
HJ>
Areshin just went out.
[Wehnimer's, Land's End Rd.]
Vigilant night guardsmen scrutinize the citizens and travelers arriving and departing through the wide gateway spanning the land route into Wehnimer's Landing. The cluttered streets of the city to the south are a far cry from the deceptively calm expanse of the wilds of Elanith outside. Two daunting towers survey the countryside and protect the town, flanking the road to the east and west. You also see the Xixtrataa disk and a wooden barrel.
Also here: Areshin, Xixtrataa, Mahopac, Drooly
HJ>
Areshin just went through the town gates.
[Wehnimer's, Outside Gate]
Citizens, merchants and assorted dregs of society jostle against you before the great wooden gates of Wehnimer's Landing. Harried guards and militiamen try to keep the chaos to a minimum, but it is hard to keep track of those entering, let alone leaving, this large trading post. A dirt path encircling the wooden palisade of the town leads east and southwest. Nailed prominently to the wooden wall beside the gate is a sign you really should read. You also see a massive wheeled tower and a Wayside Inn.
Also here: Areshin, Journeyman Syloth, Great Lady Traiva
Obvious paths: north, east, southwest, northwest
HJ>
Natam just came through the wooden gates.
HJ>
Natam just went southwest.
HJ>
Areshin just went southwest.
[Wehnimer's, Exterior]
You are standing at the northwest corner of the Landing. The path, which bends to the northeast as it moves along this section of the western wall of the fortified trading post. To the west can be seen a dark forest while to the south can be seen a rolling plain of high grasses. You also see a rolton, a single faewood arrow shaft and a cobblestoned trail leading to a wooded glade.
Also here: Areshin, Tristinia
Obvious paths: northeast, south, west
HJ>
Areshin just went south.
[Wehnimer's, Exterior]
As you progress on this north-south path, the dark forest to the west catches your eye. A little forbidding in its primeval appearance, it is sure to offer a good source of small-game hunting. You also see a rolton.
Obvious paths: north, south, west
HJ>
Areshin just went south.
[Wehnimer's, Exterior]
The muted sounds of loud bartering from within Wehnimer's Landing, and the lonely calls of a pair of mated fenvaoks high up in the air vie for your attention as you march along the outer western edge of the town. You also see a town guard and a large wooden gate.
HJ>
Areshin just went south.
[Wehnimer's, Exterior]
To the west, the landscape is gradually changing from a thick dark forest to an open, green grassy plain. You also see a weathered canvas tent.
HJ>
Areshin just went south.
[Wehnimer's, Exterior]
Clear grassland stretches far to the southwest, a futile lesson in the immensity of Elanith. To the northwest, the grassy plain gives way to a smattering of pines that dot the landscape. Immediately east of you looms the high wooden wall of the Landing which provides you with a sense of security against all the unknown things that may lurk in plain and forest alike.
Also here: Areshin, Rhylie
HJ>
Areshin just went south.
[Wehnimer's, Exterior]
As you stand next to the southwest corner of the Landing, you have an unobstructed view of the plain. Some distance away you can make out the vague figures of shepherdesses tending their flocks of Rolton -- sheep indigenous to the region. Further south the grassy expanse turns hilly, eventually terminating in stark mountains that line the horizon. You also see a rolton, a small white-bellied hawk that is flying around and a wooden signpost.
Obvious paths: north, southeast, southwest
HJ>
[Wehnimer's, Exterior]
The dirt path bends around the southwest corner of the landing. Far to the east, you can see a thin blue line that must be the river. You also see a heap of splintered timbers and torn hide, a red silk ribbon and a rolton skeleton.
Obvious paths: east, northwest
HJ>
Areshin just went east.
[Wehnimer's, Exterior]
Through a crack in the wooden palisade to the north, you can see the bustling traffic of Wehnimer. It is a stark contrast to the open path that you walk.
Obvious paths: east, west
HJ>
Areshin just went east.
[Wehnimer's, Exterior]
You are standing on the western shore of the Locksmehr river. From here you can see the southern water entrance to the town of Wehnimer's Landing. It is through this entrance that the boats returning from their upstream sojourns to the south have access to the town. A rough trail descends a rocky slope toward a stand of willow trees. You also see a wooden sign and a sturdy bridge.
Obvious paths: west
HJ>
Areshin just went across a sturdy bridge.
[Wehnimer's, Exterior]
You stand below the top bank of the eastern shore of the Locksmehr River. From here you have a good view of the many merchant barges and fishing boats that move along the river. Some move towards the Landing to exchange their goods for silver, while others are working their way upstream to gather new cargo. You also see a rolton, a sturdy bridge, a large metal-topped barrier arcing over most of the area and a wooden sign.
Obvious paths: east, south
HJ>
Areshin removes a jade-tipped imflass epee from in his leather sheath.
HJ>
Areshin removes an elegant black ash-hilted zorchar main-gauche from in his wrist sheath.
HJ>
Areshin just climbed a high bank.
[Mine Road]
As you top the ridge of the bank of the Locksmehr River you see the remains of the northern mining road that leads northeastward into the hills near Darkstone Bay. It is obvious that the road is in little use now. You also see a tall bank.
Obvious paths: northeast
HJ>
Areshin just went northeast.
[Upper Trollfang]
The packed dirt road is almost swallowed by the grassy hills that surround you. There are tree stumps all around and some young trees grow as evidence that the fringes of the forest here were once mined for timber. You also see a wooden signpost, a trail and a flat black rock with some writing carved on it.
Obvious paths: northeast, southwest, northwest
HJ>
[Upper Trollfang]
The long grass quickly hides your trail as you proceed along this route.
Obvious paths: north, southwest
HJ>
Areshin just went north.
[Upper Trollfang]
You move between shallow hills in the tall grass that swallows the trail you leave behind you. The steady sound of the wind muffles the usual sounds of nature you have come to expect in this wilderness country.
Obvious paths: south, west
HJ>
Areshin just went west.
[Upper Trollfang]
As you reach the crest of a small hill you can see a trail to the south that leads in the general direction of Wehnimer's Landing. You also see the gradual climbing slope of the hills as you proceed to the northeast.
Obvious paths: northeast, east, south
HJ>
[Upper Trollfang]
It takes effort climbing through the rolling hills, but you move easily now through this level glen. Other people have rested here, as it is quiet, with no hint of the Bay winds. There is evidence of old fire pits here.
HJ>
Areshin just went north.
[Upper Trollfang]
The shattered frame of an ancient tree stands alone here, ravaged by lightning and fire on this hillcrest. You see the trees end abruptly nearby to the west as the hills drop off into Darkstone Bay.
Obvious paths: northeast, south
HJ>
[Upper Trollfang]
The grass holds fast some larger boulders that have fallen from the start of a ridge line above this trail. The smell of ocean breezes and the sounds of gulls high above remind you of this land's seafaring heritage.
Obvious paths: northeast, southwest
HJ>
[Upper Trollfang]
You reach another hilltop and the valley is clearly visible to the south and west. The trail leads ever upward to the north and trees now start to line this trail. You also see a kobold skin.
HJ>
Areshin just went north.
[Upper Trollfang]
The path is not well defined as you move along the grassy trail. Tall pines sway with the ocean winds that are so prevalent here. The grass has been trodden upon in different places here confusing the trail.
Obvious paths: north, south, northwest
HJ>
Areshin just went north.
[Upper Trollfang]
This hill crest reveals three routes to follow. You have a choice of continuing upward to the ridge crest, or over a small hill and into a winding run under the ridge, as the trail downward to the south is the final choice. You also see a wooden signpost.
Obvious paths: northeast, south, northwest
HJ>
[Upper Trollfang]
You reach this nobby hill that is devoid of vegetation. It appears that various travelers have camped in this place and you can see half buried trash from these previous visitors.
HJ>
Areshin just went north.
[Upper Trollfang]
You reach a rock filled crevice that used to be a narrow passage. It looks as if a rockslide from above has decided to impede your progress. It could take days to remove all the rocks and clear the passageway.
HJ>
Areshin just climbed up a large rockslide.
[Upper Trollfang]
The trail narrows as you pass between the two rock faces. To the west, a pile of fallen rock impedes your passage. To the east, you view a winding trail descending into a grassy valley meadow. You also see a large rockslide.
Obvious paths: east
HJ>chat ooh he's hunting
Areshin just went east.
[Upper Valley]
The forces of nature meet here as the rock face of the ridge dives into the top of the rolling grassy meadow. There are a few places in the grass where it appears that some larger animals have bedded under the open sky.
Obvious paths: southwest, west
HJ>
[Valley]
A few large rocks rise from the grassy hillside as the rocky ridgeline gives way to the meadows at this juncture. A few treestumps also protrude from the grasses giving evidence of a slain forest. You also see a thrak and a thrak.
Obvious paths: northeast, southeast, south
HJ>
[Valley]
Dead and burned tree stumps hide playfully among the tall grasses of this rolling meadow country. The thorny undergrowth takes its toll on cloth garments and exposed flesh.
Obvious paths: northeast, south, southwest, northwest
HJ>
Areshin just went south.
[Valley]
The tall grasses recede as you near a line of pine trees which have been spared the axe. Dense undergrowth now blocks the trail and moonlight must work to find its path through the treelimbs. You also see a wandering path and a footpath.
Obvious paths: north, west, northwest
HJ>
Areshin just went west.
[Valley]
You are surrounded by a circle of trees with an ancient oak in its center. The oak is carved with many small ornate symbols and a few wood carvings are tied to limbs high above you.
HJ>
Areshin just went west.
[Mine]
There is a black doorway supported by wooden pillars in the face of the hill. The grass grows tall around mounds of crushed rocks and various rusted tools are scattered about the ground. You also see a wooden sign and a dark recessed hole.
HJ>
Areshin just went east.
[Valley]
You are surrounded by a circle of trees with an ancient oak in its center. The oak is carved with many small ornate symbols and a few wood carvings are tied to limbs high above you.
HJ>
Areshin just went east.
[Valley]
The tall grasses recede as you near a line of pine trees which have been spared the axe. Dense undergrowth now blocks the trail and moonlight must work to find its path through the treelimbs. You also see a wandering path and a footpath.
HJ>
Areshin just went northwest.
[Valley]
From this hillcrest you can see much of the middle meadowlands and the hilly crests above the city of Wehnimer's Landing. Rocky ledges lie to the northeast with the meadows in every other direction.
HJ>
Areshin just went north.
[Valley]
A few large rocks rise from the grassy hillside as the rocky ridgeline gives way to the meadows at this juncture. A few treestumps also protrude from the grasses giving evidence of a slain forest. You also see a thrak.
HJ>
[Upper Valley]
The forces of nature meet here as the rock face of the ridge dives into the top of the rolling grassy meadow. There are a few places in the grass where it appears that some larger animals have bedded under the open sky. You also see a thrak.
HJ>
A thrak tries to bite Areshin!
AS: +110 vs DS: +195 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +20 = -33
A clean miss.
A thrak drools with ravenous hunger!
HJ>
[Valley]
A few large rocks rise from the grassy hillside as the rocky ridgeline gives way to the meadows at this juncture. A few treestumps also protrude from the grasses giving evidence of a slain forest.
HJ>
[Valley]
Dead and burned tree stumps hide playfully among the tall grasses of this rolling meadow country. The thorny undergrowth takes its toll on cloth garments and exposed flesh.
HJ>
Areshin just went south.
[Valley]
HJ>
Areshin just wandered up a wandering path.
[The Slope, Forest Trail]
As the trail climbs slowly out of the valley through the soft scent of pines, small stones mark the way, their larger kin disrupting the roots of the trees that loom overhead. Clear tracks in the loam indicate other creatures have traveled this way. You also see an overgrown trail and a wandering path.
HJ>
A black bear shudders and lumbers in, snarling in agony!
HJ>
Areshin just went south.
The trail splits here. The southeast path goes more steeply uphill, while the southwest path looks both more inviting, and better traveled. A large sphinx moth flutters around a tree next to the trail leading north, its rapidly beating wings a stark contrast to the quiet serenity that dominates the view. You also see a manticore and a snowy white silver-striped tiger.
HJ>
The manticore sniffs around looking for something.
HJ>
A manticore just arrived.
HJ>
HJ>
A manticore swings a closed fist at Areshin!
Areshin evades the attack by a hair!
HJ>
HJ>
Areshin glances at a snowy white silver-striped tiger.
HJ>
The path rises quickly underfoot. A cool breeze wafts through the trees, carrying an unidentified odor. The trees seem taller here, with the trunks increasing in size as well. A twilight of calm settles around you. You also see a great boar.
Obvious paths: southeast, northwest
HJ>
A great boar notices Areshin botch an attempt at concealing himself.
HJ>
HJ>
A great boar charges at Areshin!
At the last moment, Areshin parries the blow with his main-gauche!
HJ>
A manticore swings a closed fist at Areshin!
With no room to spare, Areshin manages to parry the blow with his imflass epee!
HJ>
Areshin looks determined and focused.
In a breathtaking display of agility and combat mastery, Areshin whirls in a fury of unrelenting strikes and ripostes!
Areshin thrusts with a jade-tipped imflass epee at a manticore!
The manticore dodges just in the nick of time!
Areshin swings an elegant zorchar main-gauche at a manticore! A hit!
Strike pierces thigh!
The manticore is knocked to the ground!
Areshin thrusts with a jade-tipped imflass epee at a great boar! A hit!
Deft slash to the great boar's leg digs deep!
Areshin swings an elegant zorchar main-gauche at a great boar!
The great boar barely dodges the attack!
HJ>wave baton at Mercusius
>wave baton at Tashalin
>wave baton at Ganndolph
>wave baton at Celery
You come out of hiding.
What were you referring to?
J>
J>
J>
J>hide
You attempt to blend with the surroundings and feel confident that no one has noticed your doing so.
HR>
A manticore stands back up with a grunt.
HR>
HR>stalk aresh
HJ>

Areshin is informing you that he considers your character's current behavior to be harassment.

HJ>
Areshin thrusts with a jade-tipped imflass epee at a great boar!
AS: +121 vs DS: +38 with AvD: +45 + d100 roll: +16 = +144
... and hits for 21 points of damage!
Well aimed shot, punctures upper arm!
AS: +114 vs DS: +35 with AvD: +28 + d100 roll: +66 = +173
... and hits for 34 points of damage!
Elbow punctured, oh what pain!

** Areshin's zorchar main-gauche emits a searing bolt of lightning! **

... 15 points of damage!
Light shock to left hand. Fingers tingle.
The great boar collapses to the ground, emits a final squeal, and dies.
HJ>
[Using macro set 4 - Macro set 4]
>look
The path rises quickly underfoot. A cool breeze wafts through the trees, carrying an unidentified odor. The trees seem taller here, with the trunks increasing in size as well. A twilight of calm settles around you. You also see a manticore, a manticore and a great boar that appears dead.
HJ>
Areshin skinned a great boar, yielding a boar tusk.
HJ>
HJ>
A manticore claws at Areshin!
Areshin evades the attack by inches!
HJ>
Areshin searches a great boar.
A great boar decays into a pile of fur and bone.
HJ>
By amazing chance, the manticore evades the attack!
Areshin swings an elegant zorchar main-gauche at a manticore!
AS: +114 vs DS: +37 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +12 = +113
... and hits for 3 points of damage!
Thrust glances off the manticore's knee.
HJ>
A great boar barrels in!
HJ>hurl dagg at aresh
You cannot attack the feras dagger.
HJ>
The manticore moves at the last moment to evade the attack!
AS: +114 vs DS: +37 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +95 = +196
... and hits for 31 points of damage!
Nice puncture to the back, just grazed the spine!
HJ>
HJ>
HJ>
A manticore claws at Areshin!
Areshin moves at the last moment to evade the attack!
HJ>
AS: +121 vs DS: +40 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +72 = +191
... and hits for 27 points of damage!
Slash to the manticore's shield arm!
Shears off a thin layer of skin!
The manticore evades the attack by inches!
HJ>
HJ>hurl aresh
With a quick flick of your wrist, you deftly send a feras dagger into flight.
You throw a feras dagger at Areshin!
AS: +211 vs DS: +102 with AvD: +20 + d100 roll: +99 = +228
... and hit for 46 points of damage!
Diagonal slash leaves a bloody trail across Areshin's torso.
He is stunned!

** As the blow lands, the feras dagger unleashes a moderate discharge of lightning! **

... 10 points of damage!
Heavy spark to left leg. Areshin cringes in surprise.
The feras dagger is lodged in Areshin's abdomen!
HJR>get dagg
You remove a feras dagger from in your vruul skin cloak.
HJ>hurl aresh
With a quick flick of your wrist, you deftly send a feras dagger into flight.
You throw a feras dagger at Areshin!
AS: +211 vs DS: +66 with AvD: +20 + d100 roll: +13 = +178
... and hit for 24 points of damage!
Glancing slash to Areshin's shield arm!

* Areshin drops dead at your feet!

The brilliant luminescence fades from around Areshin.
Areshin becomes solid again.
Areshin returns to normal color.
The feras dagger is lodged in Areshin's left arm!
HR>
* Areshin just bit the dust!
HR>
HR>
HR>
HR>hide
...wait 1 seconds.
HR>
A great boar grunts and barrels northwest.
H>hide
A tad paranoid, aren't we?
H>
A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Kaedra.
H>
An expressive alpine spirit floats in, following Kaedra.
H>
A great boar barrels in!
H>
Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.
H>
Kaedra chants a reverent litany and clasps her hands while tightly focusing her thoughts...
Kaedra gestures at a manticore.
Small sparks race over Kaedra's skin, and the smell of the sea swirls past on a quick gust of wind.
H>
A deafening thunderclap splits the air! Rather than fading away, the sound's echoes grow, and they gather into a rhythmic, crashing pulse like the sound of storm-tossed waves breaking on a desolate shore.
H>
A manticore limps southeast.
H>
H>
H>
A black bear mauls the broken and battered body of Areshin!
H>
Kaedra says, "Hello."
H>look
The path rises quickly underfoot. A cool breeze wafts through the trees, carrying an unidentified odor. The trees seem taller here, with the trunks increasing in size as well. A twilight of calm settles around you. You also see a great boar, an expressive alpine spirit that is flying around, a black bear, a manticore, a boar tusk and a manticore.
Also here: Kaedra, the body of Areshin who is lying down
H>sneak nw
The trail splits here. The southeast path goes more steeply uphill, while the southwest path looks both more inviting, and better traveled. A large sphinx moth flutters around a tree next to the trail leading north, its rapidly beating wings a stark contrast to the quiet serenity that dominates the view. You also see a great boar and a snowy white silver-striped tiger.
HR>
A great boar cocks his head and peers about suspiciously.

A great boar glances around, sure that he has missed something...

H>
A great boar barrels in!
H>
A great boar barrels in!
H>
* Porcius just bit the dust!
H>chat With a quick flick of your wrist, you deftly send a feras dagger into flight.
>You throw a feras dagger at Areshin!
> AS: +211 vs DS: +102 with AvD: +20 + d100 roll: +99 = +228
> ... and hit for 46 points of damage!
> Diagonal slash leaves a bloody trail across Areshin's torso.
Please rephrase that command.
H>
H>
H> He is stunned!
H>
You feel the mind of Kamkor touch yours, calling the memory of your location as you last saw it. You offer no resistance.

H>
A great boar grunts and barrels southwest.
H>

H>chat You throw a feras dagger at Areshin!
>chat AS: +211 vs DS: +102 with AvD: +20 + d100 roll: +99 = +228
A great boar grunts and barrels north.
H>
You feel the mind of Kamkor touch yours, calling the memory of your location as you last saw it. You offer no resistance.
A great boar barrels in!
H>

H>chat eh, he's dead
H>
H>chat Areshin drops dead at your feet!
A great boar barrels in!
H>
A great boar grunts and barrels southeast.
H>
A great boar grunts and barrels southeast.
H>
H>
A manticore just arrived, limping.
H>chat to asthe no
H>look
H>
H>
The trail splits here. The southeast path goes more steeply uphill, while the southwest path looks both more inviting, and better traveled. A large sphinx moth flutters around a tree next to the trail leading north, its rapidly beating wings a stark contrast to the quiet serenity that dominates the view. You also see a manticore, a great boar, a manticore and a snowy white silver-striped tiger.
H>
A great boar grunts and barrels southwest.
H>n
As the trail climbs slowly out of the valley through the soft scent of pines, small stones mark the way, their larger kin disrupting the roots of the trees that loom overhead. Clear tracks in the loam indicate other creatures have traveled this way. You also see an overgrown trail and a wandering path.
HR>
H>
A manticore just arrived, limping.
H>sneak trail
You attempt to move silently down an overgrown trail.
[Hummingbird Pond, Sunny Path]
Underbrush gives way to thick meadow grass where the trail begins a steep ascent. A tall hill fills the southeastern horizon, its gentle slopes adorned with patches of green and gold pasturage. Dwellings are visible, nestled on the slopes in colorful groups, their sod roofs blending with the hill's thick mantle of grass. You also see an overgrown trail.
Obvious paths: up
HR>u
[Hummingbird Pond, Grassy Knoll]
The trail turns, giving egress to a wide plateau, which is bejeweled with a pond that sparkles in the moonlight. Cottages cluster in groups around the pool, some boasting picket fences and most decorated with gardens and brightly painted shutters. You also see a sign beside the trail with carefully painted lettering.
Obvious paths: east, down
HR>d
[Hummingbird Pond, Sunny Path]
Underbrush gives way to thick meadow grass where the trail begins a steep ascent. A tall hill fills the southeastern horizon, its gentle slopes adorned with patches of green and gold pasturage. Dwellings are visible, nestled on the slopes in colorful groups, their sod roofs blending with the hill's thick mantle of grass. You also see an overgrown trail.
Obvious paths: up
HR>sneak trail
You attempt to move silently down an overgrown trail.
HR>
HR>sneak pacth
Where are you trying to go?
H>
H>sneak path
You attempt to move silently down a wandering path.
[Valley]
HR>n
[Valley]
HR>ne
Zoom: Retrying ne
...wait 1 seconds.
HR>
...wait 1 seconds.
HR>
...wait 1 seconds.
HR>
...wait 1 seconds.
HR>
[Valley]
Each footstep is swallowed by the sea of grass that flows across the meadows and hills around you. High above you see gulls dancing on the ocean breezes.
Obvious paths: north, southwest, west
HR>w
Zoom: Retrying w
...wait 1 seconds.
HR>
...wait 1 seconds.
HR>
...wait 1 seconds.
HR>
...wait 1 seconds.
H>
[Valley]
From this hillcrest you can see much of the middle meadowlands and the hilly crests above the city of Wehnimer's Landing. Rocky ledges lie to the northeast with the meadows in every other direction.
HR>n
Zoom: Retrying n
...wait 1 seconds.
HR>
[Valley]
A few large rocks rise from the grassy hillside as the rocky ridgeline gives way to the meadows at this juncture. A few treestumps also protrude from the grasses giving evidence of a slain forest.
HR>ne
[Upper Valley]
The forces of nature meet here as the rock face of the ridge dives into the top of the rolling grassy meadow. There are a few places in the grass where it appears that some larger animals have bedded under the open sky.
HR>w
...wait 1 seconds.
H>
[Upper Trollfang]
The trail narrows as you pass between the two rock faces. To the west, a pile of fallen rock impedes your passage. To the east, you view a winding trail descending into a grassy valley meadow. You also see a large rockslide.
HR>sneak rock
You're going to have to climb that.
H>climb rock
You come out of hiding.
You climb down a large rockslide.
[Upper Trollfang]
You reach a rock filled crevice that used to be a narrow passage. It looks as if a rockslide from above has decided to impede your progress. It could take days to remove all the rocks and clear the passageway.
>hide
HR>s
[Upper Trollfang]
You reach this nobby hill that is devoid of vegetation. It appears that various travelers have camped in this place and you can see half buried trash from these previous visitors.
HR>sw
[Upper Trollfang]
This hill crest reveals three routes to follow. You have a choice of continuing upward to the ridge crest, or over a small hill and into a winding run under the ridge, as the trail downward to the south is the final choice. You also see a wooden signpost.
Obvious paths: northeast, south, northwest
HR>s
[Upper Trollfang]
The path is not well defined as you move along the grassy trail. Tall pines sway with the ocean winds that are so prevalent here. The grass has been trodden upon in different places here confusing the trail.
Obvious paths: north, south, northwest
HR>s
[Upper Trollfang]
You reach another hilltop and the valley is clearly visible to the south and west. The trail leads ever upward to the north and trees now start to line this trail. You also see a kobold skin.
HR>sw
[Upper Trollfang]
The grass holds fast some larger boulders that have fallen from the start of a ridge line above this trail. The smell of ocean breezes and the sounds of gulls high above remind you of this land's seafaring heritage.
Obvious paths: northeast, southwest
HR>
* Marileigh just bit the dust!
HR>sw
[Upper Trollfang]
The shattered frame of an ancient tree stands alone here, ravaged by lightning and fire on this hillcrest. You see the trees end abruptly nearby to the west as the hills drop off into Darkstone Bay.
Obvious paths: northeast, south
HR>

SEND[Andraste] Hello Valgren, got a moment to chat?

H>chat lol
>report sure, let's go
REPORT should only be used to notify the GemStone IV staff of emergency situations or gamewide technical errors. Please use ASSIST for general support.

Message sent to all online game staff. While no staff members are currently on duty, there are likely to be several lurking behind the scenes to investigate your report. If you feel the need to speak with the staff, please type ASSIST for a list of options.

H>
Valgren just appeared.
You feel yourself being pulled away...
[Consultation Lounge]
The cozy surroundings of this simple conference room provide a much-welcomed respite from the chaos just outside its walls. You notice several plush chairs arranged casually around the room in a comfortable grouping.
Obvious exits: none
>chat
Usage: CHAT [Message]
CHAT TO [Target] [Message]
CHAT [Target]:[Message]
,[Message]

Chat a message to a person or channel on PsiNet. If no target is specified, it will use your default (last TUNEd) channel. The comma character (,) can be used to begin a line, and PsiNet will treat it as though you typed CHAT.
Use the TUNE, UNTUNE, CHANNELS, PEEK, and MODERATE commands to manage channels.
What did you want to chat to OOC?
>
>SEND[Andraste] Hello Valgren, got a moment to chat?
>
Low thunder rumbles off in the distance, getting closer with each clap. As it appears to crash overhead, a sudden lightning bolt stabs at the ground with a mighty *BOOM*! As your vision clears, you see GameMaster Andraste standing there.
>chat
Usage: CHAT [Message]
CHAT TO [Target] [Message]
CHAT [Target]:[Message]
,[Message]

Chat a message to a person or channel on PsiNet. If no target is specified, it will use your default (last TUNEd) channel. The comma character (,) can be used to begin a line, and PsiNet will treat it as though you typed CHAT.
Use the TUNE, UNTUNE, CHANNELS, PEEK, and MODERATE commands to manage channels.
What did you want to chat to OOC?
>
Andraste says, "Good evening."
> chatSEND[Andraste] Hello Valgren, got a moment to chat?
>
Andraste smiles at you.
>
>
>chat SEND[Andraste] Hello Valgren, got a moment to chat?
>'what can I do for you?
You softly ask, "What can I do for you?"
>
Andraste asks, "Could you tell me why you just killed Areshin?"
>'he slapped me
You softly say, "He slapped me."
>shrug
You shrug.
>
Andraste asks, "That's it?"
>
* Spert just bit the dust!
>
Andraste asks, "And why do you think he did so?"
>
* Shingles just bit the dust!
>'i'm sorry, is he one of your pets/
You softly say, "I'm sorry, is he one of your pets/."
>'?
You softly ask, "?"
>
Andraste raises an eyebrow.
>chuc
You chuckle.
>
Andraste says, "Let's stick to addressing the issue here."
>'ofcourse
You softly say, "Ofcourse."
>
Andraste asks, "For what reason do you think he slapped you?"
>'he was hiding, and doing it poorly. Completely in character, I suggested he hide somewhere else, or I would continue to point out his failings.
You softly say, "He was hiding, and doing it poorly. Completely in character, I suggested he hide somewhere else, or I would continue to point out his failings."
>"and he initiated physical contact with my character
You softly say, "And he initiated physical contact with my character."
>
Andraste asks, "In town or while trying to hunt?"
>
Andraste asks, "How so?"
>'in town
You softly say, "In town."
>'by slapping me...while it doesn't get a d100 roll, it is a physical attack on my character
You softly say, "By slapping me...while it doesn't get a d100 roll, it is a physical attack on my character."
>chat yeah, tho the spark didn't kill him
>chat the lvl 3 to the eye did
>chat talking to andraste atm, one minute
Andraste says, "And hardly worth death."
>
Andraste says, "So back to my other question..."
>
Andraste asks, "Was he hiding in town or while trying to hunt?"
>'I would say that's your opinion, but I guess since you are the gods of this game, it would be your opinion
You softly say, "I would say that's your opinion, but I guess since you are the gods of this game, it would be your opinion."
>'in town
You softly say, "In town."
>
* Alasia just bit the dust!
>
* Valglin has been vaporized!

>
Andraste says, "Not gods, but enforcers of policy, you're right."
>
* The death cry of Valglin echoes in your mind!
>
* Nilandia has been vaporized!

>'in a room that is possible to be stolen from
You softly say, "In a room that is possible to be stolen from."
>
* Nilandia just bit the dust!
>'you take it a little far some times...let the people play for christsake
You softly say, "You take it a little far some times...let the people play for christsake."
>
* Garvane just bit the dust!
>'if he files some sort of formal complaint, i'll have nothing further to do with him
You softly say, "If he files some sort of formal complaint, i'll have nothing further to do with him."
>
Andraste asks, "How about the WARN he issued you?"
>
Andraste raises an eyebrow.
>'was that after I killed him or after he slapped me?
You softly ask, "Was that after I killed him or after he slapped me?"
>
Andraste says, "That should have been a clear hint to just let it go and leave him alone."
>'answer me, because I know of no warn
You softly say, "Answer me, because I know of no warn."
>
Andraste says, "It was befoe you killed him."
>'i've never met the man until he slapped me
You softly say, "I've never met the man until he slapped me."
>
Andraste says, "He warned you for harassment."
>'one moment
You softly say, "One moment."
>
Andraste says, "I suggest you highlight the WARN messaging."
>
Andraste says, "He also issued a second one afterwards."
>'mmhm
You softly say, "Mmhm."
>"i don't see either of those
You softly say, "I don't see either of those."
>
Andraste says, "Again, my suggestion is to start highlight the messaging."
>"and why would he warn me a second time? He slapped me, I disappeared....he never saw me again ever, even when I killed him
You softly say, "And why would he warn me a second time? He slapped me, I disappeared....he never saw me again ever, even when I killed him."
>

Andraste is informing you that she considers your character's current behavior to be harassment.

>
Andraste says, "That's what it looks like, for reference."
>'it is highlighted, trust me
You softly say, "It is highlighted, trust me."
>"andraste, you may have known me before as Teclys
You softly say, "Andraste, you may have known me before as Teclys."
>"i'm no rookie to you or this room
You softly say, "I'm no rookie to you or this room."
>
Andraste says, "Then you need a different color for it, apparently."
>"or your policy
You softly say, "Or your policy."
>
Andraste says, "Because you missed it twice."
>'no, I didn't. I was never warned
You softly say, "No, I didn't. I was never warned."
>"he had no reason to warn me
You softly say, "He had no reason to warn me."
>
Andraste says, "And afterwards was probably because you didn't heed the hint the first time."
>
Andraste says, "You were warned, twice."
>
Andraste says, "It does log."
>"I pointed him out for hiding. If that's a reason to get a warn interact you need to seriously revise your policy
You softly say, "I pointed him out for hiding. If that's a reason to get a warn interact you need to seriously revise your policy."
>
Andraste says, "That's not the issue."
>"it is the issue
You softly say, "It is the issue."
>
* Mollins is off to a rough start! He just bit the dust!
>
Andraste says, "He felt you were harassing him, which he has a right to complain about."
>
Andraste says, "He used the right tools to let you know... you ignored them."
>'I was not warned
You softly say, "I was not warned."
>
Andraste says, "You killed him for something as ridiculous as a slap after you couldn't just leave his bad hiding skills alone."
>
Andraste says, "You were warned twice."
>
Andraste says, "And who you might have player before tonight has absolutely no bearing on this current issue."
>
Andraste says, "Played."
>'look, if he's your other character or something or your little brother or whatever just say so and i'll let it go
You softly say, "Look, if he's your other character or something or your little brother or whatever just say so and i'll let it go."
>
Andraste says, "If you think that's what this is about, feel free to write to Feedback."
>
Andraste says, "I am telling you to leave him alone."
>
Andraste says, "He has warned you."
>'otherwise, I was not warned. He assaulted my character physically and I retaliated. I'm sorry if it killed him
You softly say, "Otherwise, I was not warned. He assaulted my character physically and I retaliated. I'm sorry if it killed him."
>
Andraste says, "You killed him for something totally not worth a killing."
>chat killing means dick in this game anymore. Let him drop his stuff and drag him off till he decays and then get on my ass about killing someone

Please read the policy file at this time by typing POLICY and the page number that you wish to read. Once you have finished reading all of the policies, a GameMaster will return to answer any questions you may have.

>
Andraste asks, "How about you read policy?"
>
Andraste says, "And then I will be back."
>'are you serious?
You softly ask, "Are you serious?"
>
A bolt of lightning strikes the ground outside, followed by a clap of rumbling thunder. A nearby wall distorts and the fabric of space appears to tear as Andraste gracefully slips through the opening.
>'i'll let your little buddy alone
You softly say, "I'll let your little buddy alone."
>"jesus
You softly say, "Jesus."
>chat are you fucking kidding me?
>chat I have to sit here and read policy because I killed this dude for slapping me
>chat apparently he slapped me and then warn interacted me twice
>chat and I killed him so it's like super no-no
>"I want to talk to your superior officer
You softly say, "I want to talk to your superior officer."
>"this is BS
You softly say, "This is BS."
>"can you people let us roleplay or what?
You softly ask, "Can you people let us roleplay or what?"
>'you know, this is the reason I sold most of my character and canceled three premium accounts
You softly say, "You know, this is the reason I sold most of my character and canceled three premium accounts."
>"GM's sticking their nose where it doesn't belong. You are here to keep the game running, not involve yourselves in players' issues.
You softly say, "GM's sticking their nose where it doesn't belong. You are here to keep the game running, not involve yourselves in players' issues."
>chat I don't see him warn interacting me at all. But according to Andraste he did so twice
* Jemiquist just bit the dust!
>
* Onzeleya just bit the dust!
>"hello?
You softly ask, "Hello?"
>chat he only slapped me once. But apparently he warn interacted me twice immediately after doing so
>"listen seriously. I want to see the logs so I can compare them to my logs
You softly say, "Listen seriously. I want to see the logs so I can compare them to my logs."
>"this guy never warned me. And even if he did he was a douchebag for initiating physical contact with my character and then immediately warn interacting me
You softly say, "This guy never warned me. And even if he did he was a douchebag for initiating physical contact with my character and then immediately warn interacting me."
>"you have to admit that's pretty messed up
You softly say, "You have to admit that's pretty messed up."
>"[OOC]-Kamkor: "So you can fuck with somone, then warn interact, and its a free pass? That should be mechanic abuse
You softly say, "-Kamkor: "So you can fuck with somone, then warn interact, and its a free pass? That should be mechanic abuse."
>"people agree with me
You softly say, "People agree with me."
>"[OOC]-Japhrimel: "he should get a warning for warning twice
You softly say, "-Japhrimel: "he should get a warning for warning twice."
>look
[Consultation Lounge]
The cozy surroundings of this simple conference room provide a much-welcomed respite from the chaos just outside its walls. You notice several plush chairs arranged casually around the room in a comfortable grouping.
Obvious exits: none
>"seriously, I demand a higher authority. or atleast a different authority.
You softly say, "Seriously, I demand a higher authority. or atleast a different authority. ."
>'this is crap
You softly say, "This is crap."
>

SEND[Andraste] When you finish reading policy we can continue our chat, and then you can write to Feedback with your concerns.

>
* Fenrift just bit the dust!
>
* Keldran just bit the dust!
>chat SEND[Andraste] When you finish reading policy we can continue our chat, and then you can write to Feedback with your concerns.
* Mollins is off to a rough start! He just bit the dust!
>chat bullshit
>policy
Usage: POLICY {page}

GemStone IV Player Policy

Topics Page Topics Page
------------------------------ --------------------------------
Introduction.................1 Score Lists...................11
Role-Play....................2 GameMasters, Sages and Hosts..12
Abusive/Disruptive Behavior..3 Repair/Replacement Of Items...13
Player vs Player Conflict....4 Unique Items..................14
Solicitations................5 Game Mechanics and Changes....15
Character Names..............6 Quests And Special Events.....16
Bug Abuse....................7 Privacy.......................17
Delays Or Slowdowns..........8 Scripting Abuse...............18
Transferring Characters......9 Violations Of Policy..........19
Character Purges............10 High Maintenance Guests.......20

Your next unread page is page 1.
>policy

GemStone IV Player Policy: Introduction

This policy is in addition to the overall TERMS AND CONDITIONS that every user of Simutronics services agrees to follow. Included in the Terms are topics like use of accounts, use of vulgarity, and use of the service. We strongly recommend that every Player read the TERMS and CONDITIONS on the web site, as every user is required to follow them and this Policy. Our goal is to provide an enjoyable experience for the majority of our Players. If you have any questions about either the TERMS AND CONDITIONS or this policy after reading them, you may put in an assist to speak with a staff member.

By using GemStone IV, players agree that Simutronics reserves the sole right to make the final determination of what is and is not in violation of any part of this policy. Other policies in addition to the ones listed here may occasionally be necessary (such as unique rules for a quest). Therefore, Simutronics also reserves the right to make special-case adjustments to its policies and the steps it takes concerning violation of these policies.

Your next unread page is page 2.
>policy
You need to read each section fully, you must wait 31 seconds before reading the next page.
>'andraste this is BS and you know it
You softly say, "Andraste this is BS and you know it."
>
* Dworinn just bit the dust!
>'i've sold all my old chars, I don't go around starting things with people like I used to. I roleplay a very quiet locksmith that most of the population of Gemstone (that's still around anyway) likes and respects. I REFUSE to believe that it's ok for someone to initiate physical contact with my character and then immediately warn interact and I get in trouble for retaliating
You softly say, "I've sold all my old chars, I don't go around starting things with people like I used to. I roleplay a very quiet locksmith that most of the population of Gemstone (that's still around anyway) likes and respects. I REFUSE to believe that it's ok for someone to initiate physical contact with my character and then immediately warn interact and I get in trouble for retaliating."
>'anyone with half a brain knows this is crap
You softly say, "Anyone with half a brain knows this is crap."
>policy

GemStone IV Player Policy: Role-playing

GemStone IV is a Role-playing Game. This means that players interact in the world playing the part of their characters in a medieval fantasy environment. This is known as "in character" (IC) and means that the player is acting out the part believably. The term "out of character" (OOC) means that the player is behaving inconsistently with their character's situation in the game (such as discussing the latest sports event, singing the latest music release, playing the part of a starship captain, or communicating in French, Swahili or any earthly language other than English (Elanthia's Common tongue).

Players are expected to remain in character. Generally, if someone wants or needs to be OOC (such as explain game mechanics to another player), they may do so in ways that are not in public. Using a private room (one with a locked or latched door) or talking in whispers is recommended. Note that tables are considered in public.

When one individual is reducing the enjoyment of other players by out-of-character behavior (be it by speech, actions, ESP messages, or any other method of communication within GemStone IV), this may be considered disruptive behavior. Private rooms, whispers, direct thoughts to another player through ESP, or any other methods of communication are not excluded from this if one of the participants involved objects.

Staff Member Characters (GMs, Sages, and Hosts) are necessary to keep the game running smoothly and to assist players with working out problems and are inherently OOC entities because of the nature of their tasks. Because of the reasons a Player may need the assistance of a staff member, interactions with staff characters are not required to be IC. It would be extremely difficult for a high elf to describe the details of a serious game mechanics calculation bug that the character would never see, but the Player has to talk about the numbers involved. This only applies to Staff Member characters, not interactions with Non-player characters (merchants, creatures, royalty, or other NPCs). These should be IC.

Your next unread page is page 3.
>'even if he DID warn, which I still maintain he didn't, and my logs show he didnt
You softly say, "Even if he DID warn, which I still maintain he didn't, and my logs show he didnt."
>policy

GemStone IV Player Policy: Abusive Or Disruptive Behavior

Because GemStone IV is a multi-player game, there can sometimes be a conflict between an individual player's idea of entertainment and that of the majority of the players as a whole. In such situations, the majority will be given the greatest weight.

GemStone IV is designed for the enjoyment of everyone, and as a general rule, any behavior which is specifically targeted to lessen that enjoyment for another player may be in violation of GemStone IV policy. While what is disruptive is an extremely long list, it includes things such as harassment, sexual advances, and actions specifically targeted to be disruptive.

Your next unread page is page 4.
>'even if he did, it should NEVER be ok for someone to start something with another character and then immediately warn interact and get them in trouble
You softly say, "Even if he did, it should NEVER be ok for someone to start something with another character and then immediately warn interact and get them in trouble."
>"that's crap, and you should know it's crap
You softly say, "That's crap, and you should know it's crap."

Cut it off here because the rest is just me reading policy

Bobmuhthol
06-11-2008, 10:33 PM
You stupid fuck, you thought 70k fame was 700k fame.

TheEschaton
06-11-2008, 10:38 PM
The great boar barely dodges the attack!
HJ>wave baton at Mercusius
>wave baton at Tashalin
>wave baton at Ganndolph
>wave baton at Celery
You come out of hiding.
J>
J>
J>
J>hide
HR>
HR>
HR>stalk aresh
HJ>

Areshin is informing you that he considers your character's current behavior to be harassment.

HJ>
Areshin thrusts with a jade-tipped imflass epee at a great boar!
AS: +121 vs DS: +38 with AvD: +45 + d100 roll: +16 = +144
... and hits for 21 points of damage!
Well aimed shot, punctures upper arm!
AS: +114 vs DS: +35 with AvD: +28 + d100 roll: +66 = +173
... and hits for 34 points of damage!
Elbow punctured, oh what pain!

** Areshin's zorchar main-gauche emits a searing bolt of lightning! **

... 15 points of damage!
Light shock to left hand. Fingers tingle.
The great boar collapses to the ground, emits a final squeal, and dies.
HJ>
[Using macro set 4 - Macro set 4]

He warned you right after you used the wrong macro set on him to try and kill him.

Retard.

Jaimaltz
06-11-2008, 10:39 PM
You come out of hiding.
J>
J>
J>
J>hide
HR>
HR>
HR>stalk aresh
HJ>

That was your fuckup right there. You might have been fine if you didn't pop yourself out of hiding, instead you gave him a chance to warn you.

thefarmer
06-11-2008, 10:48 PM
You both look stupid there.

Philosopher
06-11-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm assuming you posted this here for opinions, so I'll give you mine: everyone involved handled this poorly, but you handled it the most poorly out of the lot. As others have noted, first, you were wrong that you were not warned (and you were somewhat excessive in your denials). Second, you were immediately disrespectful to the GM involved (e.g., the "pet" comment), apparently without good reason. Third, the whole "can you people let us roleplay or what?" comes off as ridiculous. It would be less so if you actually interacted with him at all after the slap and before the killing, but you didn't; instead, there was no RP whatsoever after the slap, but you did OOC fame checks before stalking him, and apparently doublechecked that his fame level was such that your character could actually handle him before attempting the kill. None of this is very good form.

You might think he shouldn't have warned you after slapping you, or that Andraste should have given more consideration to whether he abused WARN. There's perhaps some merit to that (though after you disrespected her, I'm not surprised that she didn't hear you out). Given my third point above, though, I'm not so sure that it was an abuse of WARN. He didn't slap you and then warn you immediately, for example. He slapped you but did not warn you, leaving open to you the option of RPing the conflict out, but then you disappeared and ceased interacting with him altogether; there was no further RP involved, and no forthcoming warning, and the situation appeared over. Then, the next thing he knew, after he had spent some decent amount of time away from the situation, you were coming out of hiding next to him while he was hunting. Perhaps because there had been no further RPed interaction between the slap and that moment, he took you to be taking a conflict OOC and therefore WARNed you. Maybe he should have waited to see what happened before doing so, but I don't know.

Valgren
06-11-2008, 11:42 PM
Yeah, I posted this a bit prematurely...was still talking to Andraste and we worked it out...

My only point of contention in all of this is that the guy used the warn interact improperly...

An integral part of the game is the starting words of wisdom that the great warrior Raging Thrak imparts to all adventurers fresh off the turnip cart. Part of that states that, and i'm paraphrasing, you shouldn't disrespect the elders or they'll blast you out of your muddy boots. That statement by itself indicates that it is ok for said lords or ladies to blast said person out of their said muddy boots for such an infraction.

But I digress.

I was wrong that he didn't warn interact me, which he did once he realized I was following him. My point here is that I had nothing to do with him between the time that he slapped me and when he warn interacted me other than simply being in his presence. I failed at having the wrong macro set, but that should not and does not give him the right to warn interact me simply because he was scared of my reprisal towards his physical attack on my character. That is, by any estimation, an abuse of that tool.

Nilandia
06-11-2008, 11:45 PM
He didn't warn interact you. He warn harrassed you.

Gretchen

Shari
06-11-2008, 11:47 PM
You are so fucking stupid it hurts.

Lets break this down, shall we?

Dude hides, you point him out and say something snide. Dude hides again and you point him out again. Dude slaps you, you stalk him outside the gate, HE WARN HARASSES YOU, you kill him.

I can't fucking believe I'm saying this, but Andraste was in the right.

This really was the icing on the cake:
You softly say, "I would say that's your opinion, but I guess since you are the gods of this game, it would be your opinion."

Valgren
06-11-2008, 11:48 PM
warn interact, warn harass, whatever. There is nothing there that warrants either. The fact is he saw me near him after he slapped me, and he freaked out and dropped a warn. I refuse to believe that is how the system was meant to be used.

Shari
06-11-2008, 11:54 PM
Don't give me that bullshit. You gave away your itchy trigger finger when you famed him, and then were dumb enough to post your own fame. You knew you could take him out so you did so. I can guarentee that if his fame was higher you would have slinked off without so much of as another word.

Or you can call my bluff and come and try to take Jesae out in Illistim. :)

Valgren
06-11-2008, 11:57 PM
for the record, my fame means shit....any rogue even near my level would be well over 5 million atleast.

I'm 34th level. With 200k fame. Think about it.

DCSL
06-11-2008, 11:59 PM
Jesae is too sexy to die, anyway. He could never defeat her. And that was a retardedly unedited log. Even with my relationship with Andraste, I refused to read that monstrosity to see what she did now.

Valgren
06-12-2008, 12:01 AM
My level or fame has jack to do with this. The fact you would even try to bring your own character into this in some sort of twisted E-peen contest is rediculous at best.

The only thing i'm saying is that he used the WARN improperly, and the GM's supported it.

halfling
06-12-2008, 12:02 AM
you for damn sure deserved to have gotten slapped, and slapped again.
if someone wants to hide and nap, let them.
who gives a shit if its a 'stealable' room, you can steal while out in the open. and like Shari said, as soon as you seen he would be an easy target you made your mind up on what you were going to do. you even instantly got on your psinet ooc chat and step by step your stalking of someone much weaker than you. rather than roleplay the slap out, or at least challenging him. you went the most non-rp route and simply continuously updated people not involved in the situation through and ooc channel of communication on your overall unjustified kill.

Valgren
06-12-2008, 12:04 AM
that's the most intelligent response so far.

still doesn't get to the point of the matter. He abused the WARN verb by using it against me knowing I was going to attack him for slapping me.

Sylvan Dreams
06-12-2008, 12:07 AM
warn interact, warn harass, whatever. There is nothing there that warrants either. The fact is he saw me near him after he slapped me, and he freaked out and dropped a warn. I refuse to believe that is how the system was meant to be used.

You repeatedly following from room to room within town then outside town isn't him accidentally seeing you and freaking out. You were stalking him.

Scott
06-12-2008, 12:11 AM
that's the most intelligent response so far.

still doesn't get to the point of the matter. He abused the WARN verb by using it against me knowing I was going to attack him for slapping me.

I think everyone gets what your point is. It doesn't change the fact that the rest of the BS in the log happened, so people are commenting about it. You were a moron in the log, so did you expect people to ignore all that and focus on the small portion of the log?

DCSL
06-12-2008, 12:11 AM
Ugh, you forced me to skim that. It would have been WAY lame if he'd slapped you just before warning you but instead, it was way before. You pointed him out like a douche and he slapped you for it. Equality. Then you escalated it unnecessarily. Way to go. You carried it long past what was called for and he warned you.

I wouldn't have warned you, myself, but whatever. You were being retarded.

Valgren
06-12-2008, 12:12 AM
yes, I was. But he didn't know it until I accidentally revealed myself. That is NOT a reason to warn interact or warn harrass someone.

Philosopher
06-12-2008, 12:15 AM
yes, I was. But he didn't know it until I accidentally revealed myself. That is NOT a reason to warn interact or warn harrass someone.
Just curious what you think about the reasons I offered for why it might not really be WARN abuse. It's roughly the same idea that DCSL seems to have. [EDIT: And that Bob seems to have, below.]

Bobmuhthol
06-12-2008, 12:16 AM
<<yes, I was. But he didn't know it until I accidentally revealed myself. That is NOT a reason to warn interact or warn harrass someone.>>

You stalking someone for slapping you for being a douche bag is absolutely a reason to use the warn verb. That's a prime example of a good reason to use warn.

Shari
06-12-2008, 12:18 AM
My level or fame has jack to do with this. The fact you would even try to bring your own character into this in some sort of twisted E-peen contest is rediculous at best.

The only thing i'm saying is that he used the WARN improperly, and the GM's supported it.

I'm sorry, WHAT?

HJ>chat 700k fame should be old enough to kill you think yeah?

>warn
Usage: WARN <player> [of <HARASSMENT | INTERACTION>]

HARASSMENT
Suitable when someone's actions have transgressed beyond the boundaries of acceptable, normal roleplay and are disrupting your enjoyment of the game. This should not be used lightly. You will be expected to behave yourself as well as the person to whom you issued such a statement.

Also, I fail to see how he did anything wrong. He saw that you were coming after him and tried to save his ass. I know this is going to be shocking, but not everyone plays this game to kill or be killed by players.

And I wasn't attempting to show off my e-peen by telling you to come after Jesae. I'm trying to prove a point that you wouldn't have made the attempt had it been an older character.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
06-12-2008, 12:21 AM
[OOC]-Valgren: "for the record, i'm a supreme douche.

Case closed.

Shari
06-12-2008, 12:22 AM
I think the bottom line here is you posted on here expecting everyone to be on your side when in the end you just look like a dumbass.

Celephais
06-12-2008, 12:22 AM
Yeah the chat shit was what sealed the deal for me about my opinion of your actions. I'm glad you had to deal with Andraste.

Oh, and fame was cut in tenthwiiine, by "5 mil at your level" you mean 500,000 fame.

Valgren
06-12-2008, 12:23 AM
[OOC]-You: "for the record, i'm a supreme douche. It is apparently completely acceptable for low level players to go around slapping other players and hide behind a WARN when they think they are about to receive a reprisal from said players. I admit my error in thinking otherwise.

How 'bout quote it entirely next time.

Kamkor
06-12-2008, 12:23 AM
I think that we are missing the point here. I mean, we can all say "oh shit, it was just a slap, he didnt' need to kill him, he famed him, WTF he chatting about doing it makes him a looser". I dont think thats the real point of contention here.

If I RPed as somone who, if somone slaps me, I kill them, I should be allowed to.

What this opens up in this situation is the ability to annoy someone, then before they can retaliate, you warn them, making an IC situation OOC, and getting that person in trouble should they want to "make things square"

Hell, even Thraak says "Lords and Ladies can blast somone out of their boots" for being annoying.

Warn Harassment says if someones actions have transgressed beyond the boundaries of acceptable, normal roleplay...

You shouldent be able to use Warn as a shield. If somone on a daily basis comes by and thumps you for an hour straight, then yes, warn harrasment. But if you slap somone because they point at you, and that person wants to kill because of "Honor" or somesuch, then warn shouldent apply. Should have warned at the beginning before you touched them.

Because if he had just thrown the dagger instead of flubbing the kill, this would not be an issue, but because of three words "Warn Harassment (character)" a second before the dagger was thrown, this is now overblown.

Just my two cents.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
06-12-2008, 12:24 AM
[OOC]-You: "for the record, i'm a supreme douche. It is apparently completely acceptable for low level players to go around slapping other players and hide behind a WARN when they think they are about to receive a reprisal from said players. I admit my error in thinking otherwise.

How 'bout quote it entirely next time.

I felt the cliff notes version was sufficient.

Stanley Burrell
06-12-2008, 12:27 AM
I think if someone slaps you three times in succession and you head over to the constable quickly enough, you can ACCUSE [slappa'] ASSAULT. I think.

Otherwise, you overreacted. But that's okay. Just don't do that crap again and you should be O.K. Why waste your time with some warn-harlot as is?

Bobmuhthol
06-12-2008, 12:27 AM
<<If I RPed as somone who, if somone slaps me, I kill them, I should be allowed to.>>

In your own game, maybe. But not in GemStone. You can't just kill people and call it roleplaying when you have absolutely no authority in the game.

I roleplay as someone who meteor swarms every time someone uses guild speak.

Kamkor
06-12-2008, 12:35 AM
<<If I RPed as somone who, if somone slaps me, I kill them, I should be allowed to.>>

In your own game, maybe. But not in GemStone. You can't just kill people and call it roleplaying when you have absolutely no authority in the game.

I roleplay as someone who meteor swarms every time someone uses guild speak.

A slap in the face is an insult. If I feel thats how I want to RP, if I get slapped in the face you loose your life, so be it. You dont slap somone in the face that you dont know.

What is comes down to is the ability to get away with actions that you would not normally get away with.

Personally me, I wont kill somone for slapping me. I would be pretty pissed, mabie withhold help or something, but thats how I RP.

Mabie its just I see a slap as an insult. Other people see it as a "Haha Joke".

Shari
06-12-2008, 12:41 AM
Here's the thing. There really are no peramiters for the warn verb. It basically comes down to someone ruining your enjoyment of the game. So if that guy really wanted to, he could have warn harrassed you when you kept pointing him out of hiding. It would have been cowardly but, still acceptable. If you want to say the guy was being a coward then fine. But he was within his rights of the game to warn you.

Also, I have no qualms with killing people in game. BUT STICK TO YOUR GUNS. If you play a snotty wizard who would 519 anyone who slapped you (like my wizard), you best be prepping that shit as soon as it happened.

Don't debate about it in chat while checking his fame, fucking DO EET.

Allereli
06-12-2008, 12:42 AM
it's like 3 hours later and he's still going on about it

Philosopher
06-12-2008, 12:47 AM
If I RPed as somone who, if somone slaps me, I kill them, I should be allowed to.
Without any actual interaction between your character and the one who slapped him/her? If that's what you mean, then I'm not sure that this is true. Even if you play a disgruntled, insane mute who kills swiftly in retaliation, you could at least glance, grip your dagger, twitch, etc. I think some interaction is necessary. A WHISPER OOC wouldn't be outside the bounds of such RP either, and would also be acceptable if you really wanted your character to do absolutely nothing before retaliating.

Valgren did absolutely nothing at all constituting interaction after the slap. He immediately hid, checked the guy's fame first, then stalked, then chatted on OOC for minutes while the guy (perhaps thinking the conflict was over) went about his business, and then finally got around to killing him once he went hunting. Aside from this being a situation where "it's my RP" doesn't really seem to apply (if we're being honest here, the OOCness is obvious -- it seems that Valgren was pissed OOC, not just IC, and so wasn't just playing out his character), it's also a situation where none of the aforementioned interaction occurs at all, and that might be crucial. (I think it is, but maybe that's just my personal preference regarding how to play the game.)

Another thing that's worth mentioning here is that not all alleged "RP" is acceptable. For example, even if you say you RP a psychopath who kills for fun and without discrimination, you can't actually do that in game just because it's your RP. Likewise, you might not be able to play a person who responds by killing with absolutely no interaction whatsoever, according to policy. I don't know. (Andraste might be suggesting this when she questions the idea of killing in response to a slap, asking for reasons, etc.)

What this opens up in this situation is the ability to annoy someone, then before they can retaliate, you warn them, making an IC situation OOC, and getting that person in trouble should they want to "make things square"
Not necessarily; there could still be clear instances of WARN abuse. For example, if the guy had slapped him and then WARNed immediately, that would be WARN abuse.

Hell, even Thraak says "Lords and Ladies can blast somone out of their boots" for being annoying.
Nothing said here denies that they can. They can. But perhaps they have to at least interact a little bit before doing so. The Thrak doesn't say they can do so without any interaction whatsoever (but then, the Thrak also isn't having an in-depth discussion of policy).

if you slap somone because they point at you, and that person wants to kill because of "Honor" or somesuch, then warn shouldent apply. Should have warned at the beginning before you touched them.
I'd agree in most normal situations, but suppose that Areshin (or whatever his name is) wanted to RP this out -- a reasonable expectation in an RPing game -- and so slapped Valgren and then waited for his response to that action. If that's the case, then Areshin certainly wouldn't want to warn him immediately (and he didn't), because that would prevent the RP. In this case, though, the person he was interacting with suddenly disappeared and had no further interaction, so he might have thought, "Hm, OK, guess we're not RPing this out. Oh well... I'll go about my business then." After that, he goes about his business, and minutes later that guy from earlier is suddenly stalking him while he hunts and appearing out of the shadows, with (again) no interaction whatsoever. Perhaps at that moment, perceiving that this is not an RPer but rather someone who just wants to make a kill (and is perhaps pissed OOC), he warns him because of the whole present situation, and not just the earlier behavior. In that case, his timing of the WARN is just right.

Valgren
06-12-2008, 12:57 AM
Umm...i'm a rogue with very little combat skills. If I want to kill someone, i'm going to do it when they least expect and at a time that is most advantageous to my success. My stalking him meant I was going to kill him...my banter on OOC meant nothing. The deed was done as soon as I started stalking. Yes I fucked up and hit the wrong macro. If I hadn't, he never would have gotten his first warn off.

Also, he initiated conversation with me on the thought net well after all of this took place, thereby nullifying his warn. He has since spammed WARNs against me several times even though I havn't even been in the same room as the guy or had any conversation with him, either through OOC or amunet since.

The fact of the matter is, he attacked my character. It may not have had a d100 roll, but it was an attack on my character. It's ok for all of you here to get on your high horse and insult my way of handling the situation, but I did what my character would have done. I will take any and all criticism of that.

How would you feel if someone did something to seriously insult your CHARACTER, and then as soon as they knew there would be a reprisal, warn ineract/harass?

You would be in the same situation. If your character is the type of person to let people walk around slapping them, then find a different thread to flame.

Bobmuhthol
06-12-2008, 12:58 AM
<<Yes I fucked up and hit the wrong macro. If I hadn't, he never would have gotten his first warn off.>>

He wouldn't have needed to, and he just would have done it after you killed him. Don't be retarded.

Philosopher
06-12-2008, 01:02 AM
My only point of contention in all of this is that the guy used the warn interact improperly...
Also, I think this is a bit disingenuous, at least if it's supposed to describe the attitude of your original post. The post is titled "GM's getting too involved," and one of your distinct complaints in the log is that you weren't left alone to roleplay this out. So your complaint wasn't only that this person misused WARN (in fact, initially you thought he hadn't even done that), but also that GMs were getting too involved in your alleged roleplay. The two issues may be closely connected, but the point is just that this wasn't (at least, initially) only about Areshin's use of the WARN verb, unless that is supposed to include the issues of whether or not you were appropriately roleplaying things out. As such, it makes sense to consider the latter. Has that changed?

Valgren
06-12-2008, 01:09 AM
When I posted the original post I was being forced to read policy by the GMs before we could further discuss things. I was pissed off that they wouldn't just talk to me first, hear my side, look at the situation, and then determine a course of action. The title of the post may have been in error to some degree, as I was displeased with their handling of the situation. By the end of it, Andraste and I had a nice long discussion. She heard and understood my side of it. I agreed to have nothing further to do with this person unless they initiated an actual in-game physical attack on my character.

I still and will always believe in my original point to all of this. This was an improper use of the warn system. I started something non-violent. He made it violent when he slapped me. Just because it was not a game-mechanic d100 roll type of attack, in the RP sense it was a physical assault on my character. I responded as my character would, which is to return violence at the most opportune time for me to obtain optimal success.

So yes, the title may be a bit misleading, to a degree...though I will say that GM's ALLOWING game mechanics to be abused by people in this manner is them getting too involved.

Philosopher
06-12-2008, 01:16 AM
How would you feel if someone did something to seriously insult your CHARACTER, and then as soon as they knew there would be a reprisal, warn ineract/harass?

You would be in the same situation. If your character is the type of person to let people walk around slapping them, then find a different thread to flame.
If someone did something to seriously insult my character, how would I feel? I don't know; I probably wouldn't have felt much of anything. In any case, if it was in the nature of my character, after the slap I would have at least typed:

> WHISPER OOC Areshin Just letting you know so that it's not thought to be a PvP thing, my character's RP is such that I have to make him react violently to slaps and that sort of thing. I'm going to have him attack your character; just letting you know beforehand.

Seriously. People might laugh, but I've done it before. Likewise, I've had people tell me OOC that their characters were about to do certain things to mine, and I've gone along with it. This is a game, and I'm here to play it, not to get pissed myself and then lash out.

If the response to that whisper was a WARN interact, I would've been disappointed that the person didn't want to RP and felt the need to use that verb to express it (rather than replying by WHISPER), but I would have left him/her alone in-game. I might have REPORTed to make sure that this wasn't a misuse of WARN, but it wouldn't have gone beyond that.

[EDIT: Since we're having a bit of a back-and-forth here, I figured I'd add that I do appreciate your willingness to concede to certain points (even if not all of them) and continue the discussion here in a reasonable manner. That doesn't always happen on this forum.]

Valgren
06-12-2008, 01:24 AM
rofl...I wasn't pissed off at all. Nothing I did was out of anger. It was simply RP.

And seriously? You're going to whisper to people and tell them what you're about to do? That is so beyond not RP it isn't even funny. You're basically giving away the fact that it's a game, that we all have superior knowledge of the situation.

Which, ofcourse, it is a game and we do all have superior knowledge of the situation. But to do ANYTHING in game to reveal that defeats the purpose of RP.

Emran
06-12-2008, 01:28 AM
And seriously? You're going to whisper to people and tell them what you're about to do? That is so beyond not RP it isn't even funny. You're basically giving away the fact that it's a game, that we all have superior knowledge of the situation.

Which, ofcourse, it is a game and we do all have superior knowledge of the situation. But to do ANYTHING in game to reveal that defeats the purpose of RP.

I dunno, it's happened to me before - I know I appreciate it when someone tells me they're going to attack me if I do/say something rather than just nuke me without any interaction. If there's interaction (which I didn't see any in your logs) before the attack, that's fine, but if they're gonna just attack, an OOC whisper is a good way to go, if you wanna keep it RP and/or CvC and not PvP.

What you did looks like PvP to me *shrugs* but that's my opinion. I doubt I'd of warned you for it, though.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
06-12-2008, 01:29 AM
The GMs have said and have enforced the rule that all CvC needs to be clearly consented to by all parties.

That means you need to use tools/RP available to you to make sure that there is clear consent-- that includes using the whisper OOC tool. It doesn't effect or change your character, it just keeps you from getting reprimanded by GMs or getting in trouble.

Tolwynn
06-12-2008, 01:34 AM

You mean like comparing fame, and then making absolutely sure you've got the advantage by asking about it over PsiNet?

Keep up that stellar rp, champ.

Valgren
06-12-2008, 01:38 AM
zomg for the last time, I thought his fame was higher than mine.

The fame had jack to do with it. If you're going to present something to this arguement, either for or against, atleast get educated.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
06-12-2008, 01:40 AM
You still discussed killing him over OOC and used OOC, Non-RP tools to check stuff out before you killed him, regardless of whether you thought his fame was over your own.

You don't really have an argument for not getting consent due to feeling it wouldn't be good "RP".

Tisket
06-12-2008, 01:40 AM
>l val
You see Valgren the Locksmith.
He appears to be a Dark Elf.
He is taller than average and appears to be mature. He has brooding steel grey eyes and dark skin. He has long, silky white hair. He has an angular face and a broad chest.
He has a skeleton key tattoo on his finger, a tattooed symbol of Andelas on his neck, and a black scorpion tattoo on his neck.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a single arrow shaft in his left hand.
He is wearing a heavy backpack, a glowing amulet, a crystal amulet, a white silk pearl-buttoned shirt, a black spidersilk vest, a black vruul-hide toolkit, a large bulging loot sack, some fitted black leather pants, a raven-black vruul skin cloak, and some padded black leather boots.
>
Valgren removes a drake dagger from in his heavy backpack.
>slap valg
You haul off and slap Valgren up'side the head!
>
Valgren begins to whittle the point of his arrow shaft, but slips and slices the end clean off!
>grin val
You grin at Valgren.

Philosopher
06-12-2008, 01:43 AM

Well, first of all, I said that it was the minimum that I would do, and I was trying to respond as if I were playing in a way similar to your apparent playing style (i.e., one involving no IC interaction whatsoever before the kill). If it were actually me, my character would have likely reacted in such a way that it was clear from his behavior that an attack would likely be forthcoming. He would have at least said something from the shadows like, "You will pay for your actions at the end of my dagger, Elf..." I would have then paused and allowed some time for the other character to react, and would have gone from there.

In my opinion, a character who just responds by killing after a slap upside the head without any other reaction is a character who is either insane or in some way emotionally/socially disturbed, and so, in that scenario, I would have been playing the character in such a way already, would have sent a WHISPER OOC about the RP at the time of the slap, and then likely attacked at first chance.

I don't understand your other thoughts here. Of course a WHISPER OOC is not RP, and of course it involves acknowledging that this is a game. I don't see how this defeats the purpose of RP, though. Usually, after I whisper, I go on RPing completely consistently with my character, as does the other person. Yes, regrettably, sometimes the other person responds entirely unfavorably to the OOC remark and makes it clear that he/she, as a player, is not OK with what I would like to do. In that case, I do sometimes have to break RP, but that sort of thing unfortunately happens because it's simply the policy of the game I'm playing and I have to follow that policy to play. My own RP does not trump policy or the overall enjoyment of other players. Besides, people have to break RP all the time because of OOC Policy and/or game mechanics; it's actually almost required if the in-game world is to have the coherence required for enjoyable RP in the first place (to take a really simplistic example, some of my characters would be quite disturbed by the fact that the flower girl in the Landing never sleeps, repeats only the same few phrases, doesn't respond to other questions/addresses, etc., but it isn't really appropriate to keep pointing this out and responding in-character, because we as players know that this is just a limitation of the game mechanics and, for the overall enjoyment of the game and immersion into it, we ignore/accept it.)

Finally, our OOC knowledge is often meant to be used to facilitate even better RP. That is presumably why, for example, there are official documents that are entirely OOC on the website -- see "The Kiramon: A Scientific Study": http://www.play.net/gs4/info/tomes/kiramon.asp. A player of an Aelotoi character could use this information to have his/her character respond to the kiramon in certain ways and recall certain things about their behavior during his/her past slavery, even though the character his/herself knows absolutely nothing about why he/she has such responses to the kiramon or why the kiramon behaved in such-and-such a way. Someone could use my OOC whispers in precisely the same way, even if it means having his/her character suddenly have the need to rush home for something they'd forgotten in order to avoid the conflict that is not wanted by the player. That wouldn't require disrupting RP.

Tolwynn
06-12-2008, 01:50 AM
Given your difficulty with policy and rp, ironic that you suggest I need to get educated. But hey.

That aside, he told you to stop pointing him out, and you ignored that. He did something that would be perceived as insulting, and you chose to escalate that to murder. If you want to play like that, fine, but you get to enjoy repercussions to your actions as well.

You mentioned the d100 rolls many a time during the thread. If an 'attack' without a d100 roll was enough for him, maybe it could have been enough for your character as well.

Maybe it couldn't have been, as part of your character's rp. But the GM's have seen the same tired argument many, many, many times before you, by folks both better and worse. "My character follows Onar, it's rp for him to assassinate people." "My character follows V'Tull, it's rp for him to kill at random." "My character hates elves, it's rp for me to kill them," and so on, ad nauseam. That's a shallow veneer of rp at best, and far more often just a thinly veiled excuse for someone itching to instigate CvC.

You want to cleave really true to the rp? Then keep at it, despite the warn. After all, that's just another instance of superior knowledge that your character knows nothing about, right?

Nieninque
06-12-2008, 02:35 AM

Hence the title of the thread.
Wanker.

Nieninque
06-12-2008, 02:38 AM
Umm...i'm a twat

^

TheWitch
06-12-2008, 08:10 AM
The guy didn't misuse the warn verb, he used it exactly how its intended to be used.

You, on the other hand, cling to some idea that your little stalk and kill with no conversation at all was some sort of stellar example of RP.

I'd just like to join in the the chorus here of saying, that was not RP. That was you, being 100% OOC in your use of OOC reference points and OOC chat to brag about your derring do, looking for any flimsy excuse you can find to kill someone - BUT making as sure as you can, before attempting such, that you can win.

You did it with Teclys, you're doing it now - same shit, different character.

I handed you your ass when you played Teclys. I make it my general policy not to kill people, unless I'm left with no option. You left me no option. And not a peep was heard from you again, when it became obvious to you that was not a battle you could win. Even in that instance, much like this one, you threw out a one-liner (our characters had never done more than pass each other in OTF prior) and then attacked and failed. So I attacked back, and you died. Idiot.

Grow up.

CrystalTears
06-12-2008, 08:31 AM
I want my 10 minutes back from reading this garbage.

There was no roleplaying here. You pointed him out of hiding twice, checked his fame, and then you stalked him into the wilds to kill him to avoid town penalties. Wuss.

You make me want to cry when you have us agreeing with Andraste.

g++
06-12-2008, 08:38 AM
Yah you were pretty much griefing a newb, if you can see someone with 70k fame popping in and out of hiding and your a rogue with tripled perception 20 levels over his head its pretty hard to believe you were actually afraid he was stealing from you. You started a conflict by pointing then killed him. Andraste pulled you on it. Actually thats the one instance GM's should get involved IMO.

DeV
06-12-2008, 09:21 AM
You softly ask, "Can you people let us roleplay or what?" Try roleplaying next time. You got what you deserved.

AnticorRifling
06-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Try roleplaying next time. You got what you deserved.

You mean he got served.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0AAhj6L2fE

edit * F U double posts *

Deathravin
06-12-2008, 09:59 AM
You softly say, "I'm no rookie to you or this room."

You'd think you'd see the pattern and stop the unwanted behavior instead of wearing that like a badge.

There were so many ways to RP that slap. You would have had fun instead of getting negitive attention. But I suppose that's pretty much what you were after anyway.

DCSL
06-12-2008, 10:44 AM
You make me want to cry when you have us agreeing with Andraste.

That's the real tragedy here. I suggest you gargle fire ants to make it up to us.

Martaigne
06-12-2008, 11:06 AM
I suggest a fire ant anal suppository instead.

GS4Ranger
06-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Just a quick question... am I the only one that still uses the challenge verb?

g++
06-12-2008, 11:33 AM
I use it. If you duel alot and dont GMs will pull your chain about it.

Sean
06-12-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm pretty sure you can't steal in the trophy room anyway.

Khariz
06-12-2008, 11:36 AM
You wanna know a funny though that I had when I read this thread?

Wht if the guy he killed was on Psinet listening to OOC? That would be funny.

That's all.

Misun
06-12-2008, 11:38 AM
I suggest a fire ant anal suppository instead.

Yeah, that. :medieval:

DCSL
06-12-2008, 12:15 PM
Either way is an acceptable apology.

Rocktar
06-12-2008, 01:57 PM
I want my 10 minutes back.....

Rocktar the Scumbag

joehollywood
06-12-2008, 09:15 PM
I still use the challenge verb but it's normally just for dicking off so the clerics/empaths don't get in trouble if I happen to kill/be killed.

I can't recall the last time I've actually gotten into a physical fight, even with my asshole characters.

Gigantuous
06-13-2008, 04:16 AM
Or you can call my bluff and come and try to take Jesae out in Illistim. :)

I'm all over that business.

Methais
06-13-2008, 06:54 AM
I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but is it as full of fail as I think it is?

g++
06-13-2008, 08:39 AM
More so

CrystalTears
06-13-2008, 09:07 AM
I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but is it as full of fail as I think it is?
We're agreeing with Andraste. Take that for what you will.

Methais
06-13-2008, 03:27 PM
We're agreeing with Andraste. Take that for what you will.

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/3238/1182045123079yn4.jpg

Tilnam
06-13-2008, 05:46 PM
You find someone lower than you, harass him, and then when he does a slap on you, you think its ok to kill him? Sounds like you are acting like a piece of shit bully.

And in roleplay sense, someone slaps you, would you honestly be that quick to end someone's life? Normally if someone punches or slaps, the other person does that back to them. A fist fight. Not oh this guy slapped me, whip out my sword and cut his head off.

Andraste is a fat douchebag, but in this case she was right.

Miss Ismurii
06-13-2008, 06:30 PM
You find someone lower than you, harass him, and then when he does a slap on you, you think its ok to kill him? Sounds like you are acting like a piece of shit bully.

And in roleplay sense, someone slaps you, would you honestly be that quick to end someone's life? Normally if someone punches or slaps, the other person does that back to them. A fist fight. Not oh this guy slapped me, whip out my sword and cut his head off.

Andraste is a fat douchebag, but in this case she was right.

You're gay.

And for you who "want your ten minutes back" go choke. It doesn't take 10 minutes to read this.

Xiandrena
06-13-2008, 06:39 PM
I remember when Ismurii was like that newbie who posted in the newbie thread this morning...all nice and sweet.

What happened?

Miss Ismurii
06-13-2008, 06:40 PM
I remember when Ismurii was like that newbie who posted in the newbie thread this morning...all nice and sweet.

What happened?

I turned into a nasty beast, I guess.

graysun
06-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Way to point out your own stupidity, dude. This thread should have been titled, "Valgren being too pissy".

Would you have harassed this guy (yes you did harass him) if he weren't twenty levels your junior?

Twit.

Miss Ismurii
06-13-2008, 06:53 PM
Way to point out your own stupidity, dude. This thread should have been titled, "Valgren being too pissy".

Would you have harassed this guy (yes you did harass him) if he weren't twenty levels your junior?

Twit.

You're a twit. If you were Valgren do you think you would title that about yourself? I don't think so. So that actually makes you the twit for thinking of something that idiotic, as I said before. =]

Mighty Nikkisaurus
06-13-2008, 06:55 PM
http://www.gearsandwidgets.com/external/wherethisthreadgoing.jpg

Gan
06-13-2008, 06:58 PM
If I slap you, will you stalk me and try to kill me?

(I hope you say yes)

Miss Ismurii
06-13-2008, 07:00 PM
Sure, cause I'm just oh so sly =P

graysun
06-13-2008, 07:06 PM
You're a twit. If you were Valgren do you think you would title that about yourself? I don't think so. So that actually makes you the twit for thinking of something that idiotic, as I said before. =]

I see. Thank you for pointing out my twitdom so eloquently.

That must be some good shit you're smoking.

Miss Ismurii
06-13-2008, 07:10 PM
I see. Thank you for pointing out my twitdom so eloquently.

That must be some good shit you're smoking.

You're welcome. So now I'm smoking? Wow, wtf.

DCSL
06-13-2008, 07:13 PM
I'm always amazed by some people's inability to let things go when their friends are involved. If my friend did something retarded, I'd be the first one in line to tell them so. I might try being kind about it.. maybe.. depending on how close a friend they were.. but I'd tell them and I wouldn't try to pretend to other people that my friend hadn't done something stupid.

Valgren did something dumb and he's been corrected, although there's no telling if it'll take. There's no need to make him look worse by offering immature insults in his defense.

Although I hope MI is just kidding and playing devil's advocate.

Miss Ismurii
06-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Although I hope MI is just kidding and playing devil's advocate.

Yeah I'm not really being serious =]

I kid, I kid.

But I thought I would throw insults back at some of you for being jerks because it is totally unnecessary. I thought I would balance it out a little. And on top of that, his actions are very common for a bunch of other people in the game. Fucking chill and leave him the fuck alone.

Xiandrena
06-13-2008, 07:20 PM
I think she's just enjoying being evil personally. Nothing wrong with that. I just hope it doesn't rebound on her.

Stanley Burrell
06-13-2008, 08:44 PM
If I slap you, will you stalk me and try to kill me?

(I hope you say yes)

High-fives are like a death sentence.

I need new material. Sorry.

SolitareConfinement
06-13-2008, 09:10 PM
If my friend did something retarded, I'd be the first one in line to tell them so. I might try being kind about it.. maybe.. depending on how close a friend they were.. but I'd tell them and I wouldn't try to pretend to other people that my friend hadn't done something stupid.

same here except I'd be less mature about it and ask "what kind of stupid are you?" and they'd do the same for me...but we'd never let them think they didn't do something that was obviously stupid.

Aphyd
06-15-2008, 02:38 PM
I guess that's the difference between plat and prime...

In Plat, if someone slapped my char, it'd be expected that at very least he removes an arm..or pummels the hell out of them.

The difference is, people in plat know not to do stuff like slap random people...because they know that the consequences are in the hands of the player, and that they're not so closely protected by this GM shield that seems to reside over prime.

Personally I think the whole Gm's popping in thing after 1 kill is ridiculous. All that player loses is a fucking deed and maybe 5 minutes of their time. Boo Hoo. To me, it's not until some twat is out there killing everyone he comes across to show his l33tness...or imploding TSSW that it becomes overly disruptive.

Furrowfoot
06-16-2008, 03:27 AM
I guess that's the difference between plat and prime...

In Plat, if someone slapped my char, it'd be expected that at very least he removes an arm..or pummels the hell out of them.

The difference is, people in plat know not to do stuff like slap random people...because they know that the consequences are in the hands of the player, and that they're not so closely protected by this GM shield that seems to reside over prime.

Personally I think the whole Gm's popping in thing after 1 kill is ridiculous. All that player loses is a fucking deed and maybe 5 minutes of their time. Boo Hoo. To me, it's not until some twat is out there killing everyone he comes across to show his l33tness...or imploding TSSW that it becomes overly disruptive.

I think the difference is that if someone slapped your character, you'd react pretty much immediately - not chatter on about it for ages, check the person's fame, brag about how you were going to do it, then stalk the character, wait for him to leave the justice area, fail at being stealthy, and then kill him. They'd slap you, you'd react - which is to be expected. The latter is roleplay - the former is some dude being a twat.