PDA

View Full Version : Gem Chisel Dizzle

fallenSaint
06-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Yes its back again, contacts directed to fallenSaint@gmail.com.

Entertaining offers you can see what it was posted at last time if you need a ballpark, all cash makes me much more negotiable.

==========

a rust-stained iron chisel

The iron chisel has a sharpened, flat edge on one end and a blunt knob on the other. The chisel looks worn from use but still gleams with sharpness. The craftsmanship on the chisel is solid and the runes engraved along its sides are intricately entangled.

==========
Loresong:

As you sing, hot steel smells surround you. There is a sense of displacement as the smells gather strength. Everything is distorted, then. . .

A pair of tongs hold you, first over a flame then over an anvil as you are gently worked from formless metal into a small rod shape.

As you continue to sing, you feel yourself bathed in cool water as an ancient man of dwarven features works and chants in a gutteral language while engraving your surface. As he continues his chant, you realize that you're experiencing the iron chisel's beginings. For a moment, as you feel the grindstone honing your edge, you feel magic imbue your chisel-self as you shine with an inner light. Then the sense is gone.

As you continue to sing, you now see yourself surrounded by many different tools. A graceful hand reaches for you and grasps you firmly. As you are lifted up, you see many gems lying as if sorted below you.

You sense yourself brought almost into contact with one of the gems. You drift away from the gem, then drift forward once more. There is a strong sense of power as you are momentarily brought into contact with one of the gems. Somehow you know just how to improve its beauty. The nature of the power within you is just out of reach. You feel yourself separate from the iron chisel before your purpose manifests itself. It would appear the only way to recall your power within, is to experiment.

==========
In Action:

>hit my diamond with my chisel
You strike at an uncut diamond with your chisel and hit it off-centered hitting your hand too.
You now hold a faceted diamond.

Yes you get hand wound and yes gem is increased in value and no theres no RT involved. Gem shows seem to stay intact.

==========

Anywho, email me with questions, bids, concerns of global warming.

fallenSaint
06-11-2008, 03:21 PM
As was pointed out to me probably best to link this if anyone wants the info:

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=32020&highlight=chisel

Also there was a string of discussion on the Officials but I think it was more pertaining to why the item was or was not worth it...

TheEschaton
06-11-2008, 06:12 PM
I kind of want this, but would have to reactivate to buy it. Hmmmmmm, worth it?

My bard would have a field day with this.

Celephais
06-11-2008, 06:16 PM
TheE, if you want to buy it, paypall FS, and I'll hold it in escro for you until you want to use it.

TheEschaton
06-11-2008, 06:40 PM
hold it in escrow = use it while my accts are frozen? ;)

Besides, in game, I could pay for it, it's probably not worth it to pay for it in real life $$ when I have the silvers.

Celephais
06-11-2008, 10:24 PM
Better do so before those silvers depricate... and then give it to me while you deactivate to save $$. Infact it might not be a bad idea to have me hold all your silvers in escrow too, incase there is anything else you want to buy.

You could set up some sort of system where someone builds up a bag of gems, and then comes to you with them (and me as your agent) and you get a cut for "renting" the chisel out. Win win!

Jinsem
06-11-2008, 10:34 PM
I hate life sometimes... I just got the damn meat cleaver and not this goes back up... Eesh!

Jinsem

fallenSaint
06-11-2008, 11:24 PM
I hate life sometimes... I just got the damn meat cleaver and not this goes back up... Eesh!

Jinsem

;P I tried to make that mine too.

TheEschaton
06-11-2008, 11:28 PM
How much you looking for it, FS? I need to see what I need to liquidate.

fallenSaint
06-11-2008, 11:38 PM
Eh all coins would be the 150m mark I suppose to keep up with the depreciating coin market.

fallenSaint
06-15-2008, 02:03 PM
El bump!

TheEschaton
06-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Yeah, all my accts are closed. Don't really want to reopen them - ah well.

fallenSaint
06-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Don't have to reopen them just paypal me some cash and we can claim its yours.

TheEschaton
06-15-2008, 03:17 PM
You want 150, 150 even at $9 is $1350. No thanks.

(yet oddly enough, I wouldn't mind spending the 150m in coins, even though I could theoretically sell all that for the same amount.)

-TheE-

Methais
06-15-2008, 03:33 PM
Eh all coins would be the 150m mark I suppose to keep up with the depreciating coin market.

LOL @ that. I think I paid 30-40m back when I had it, many moons ago. Silver was going for $15-20 per then.

I think your inflation math is just a little off.

For you math people out there....roughly how long would it take for this item to pay for itself, chiseling gems? Even assuming you find nothing but diamonds and emeralds every time you find a gem, just to be generous?

TheEschaton
06-15-2008, 03:56 PM
The bard I use does not stop until he gets an orb or hits the "cannot be purified any more" message. Of the past 775 gems he sung to 9 shattered, 1.16%.

With that low of a shatter rate, stopping before the singing hits a wall for fear of shattering a gem is costing you more than you will lose.

All of those were then chiseled which took the value from 1,836,086 million to 3,358,065 silver for a combined increase of 82.89% in value.

Let's use these numbers from a previous gem chisel thread.

So, 775-9=766 gems successfully chiseled.

766 into 1,836,086 = roughly 2397 silvers per gem (post singing).

after chiseling

766 into 3,358,065 = 4384 silvers per gem.

That's an increase of 82.89%, as outlined above.

Now, to get 150m in coins, you'd need to divide 150m by 1.8289, so you'd need 82,016,512 worth of post sung gems to get that price. Assuming the 2397 average from the post above, you'd need 34,216 gems to repay the chisel's cost.

Now, I don't know how much, on average, singing raises the price of a gem, or trading, for that matter, but say you could get 50% increase with those two factors, you get 54.677m pre-anything in gems.

fallenSaint
06-19-2008, 09:12 AM
Last bump for a good while, 150m or 1200$ to anyone interested. Can work portions of either if you want to talk about it email or PM.

Methais
06-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Grats if you somehow find someone dumb enough to pay that much.