PDA

View Full Version : Shimmering Fungus

GSIVPlayer
06-10-2008, 09:48 PM
i have no idea what or how to kill a shimmering fungus.. i've had the maw spores come out, coned, and died from them exploding, happened a few times.. so i just run.. Also the Darkens in the area, i have no idea how to get them to come out or exactly what they are doing.. lol.. anyone have any tips for me or explain whats Really going on? i've been hunting the area for awhile and i really just cant figure it out.. Thanks

:help:

Aaysia
06-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Darkens come out when you hit something else visible in the room with a ball spell. Usually the spell bounces off finds them and hits them revealing from hiding.

Uh.. with the fungus yeah I used to just run like hell I think. I can't remember with those.

m444w
06-11-2008, 12:38 AM
ewave, dispell invisibility for a spiritualist also work, most area effect spells.

Furrowfoot
06-11-2008, 12:52 AM
If you're in Voln and a brawler of any kind - kick actually works on the funguses - or did back when I was hunting them. You said you used cone, so obviously wizard - I know some Volnish wizards train brawling to use with haste, but not most.

Casting Light generally works to bring darkens out, as well as one of the Voln symbols, though that favor cost far exceeds the worth of it. You can get light blessed into a gem, I think - I haven't really kept up with clerical things so well.

Delonkin
06-14-2008, 06:40 AM
You can also draw the Darkens out with the light spell.

Zarli
06-14-2008, 06:53 AM
On the darken, you can use light to make them stay out of hiding. On my wizard if I'm alone I hit something else with 908 and it forces them out of hiding.

With the fungus, the only thing at all that I've seen work is Voln FU and you're still going to get those stupid spores so.. if this is for a task I suggest turning it in, it sucks.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
06-14-2008, 07:06 AM
If I recall, you can call lightning on the fungus. I think that was the only way I ever was able to kill one. Maybe major ewave?

AKOE!
07-09-2008, 08:57 AM
I usually pump them full of arrows before they release their spores but when they do I run. If you're a ranger sunburst drives darken out of hiding as well.

Stanley Burrell
07-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Asarious helped me forage for Rift mushrooms for a bounty task on the condition that I had to eat one -- I was poisoned for like 70 per. Then he killed my pet dingo.

onurb
07-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Methods that work on shimmering fungus...

voln-fu
archery
unfocused cone (prep 518, cast)

* I would imagine other ways to kill a fungus are other area attack spells that are casted unfocused. It seems when you cast a spell AT the fungus, it wont work, so it has to be an attack spell that you cast without aiming at the fungus.

AKOE!
07-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Methods that work on shimmering fungus...

voln-fu
archery
unfocused cone (prep 518, cast)

* I would imagine other ways to kill a fungus are other area attack spells that are casted unfocused. It seems when you cast a spell AT the fungus, it wont work, so it has to be an attack spell that you cast without aiming at the fungus.

That's true, you can tangleweed them if you don't cast directly at them.

BigWorm
07-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Implosion?

DwarvenTank
07-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Open implossion and maelstorm works, focused can get you killed.