PDA

View Full Version : Ban Stanley already

Pages : [1] 2

Parkbandit
06-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Come on. WTF?

Once you cross the common decency line, you are past just being ignored by half the people on the board... you should have your dumb fool ass re-banned.

I realize the rules here are relaxed.. which I love.. but making fun of someone's deceased sister is beyond the spirit of the boards here. And this happens regularly with him.

Let's agree to just be done with that piece of shit already.

Drew2
06-07-2008, 09:59 PM
I wouldn't miss him.

Daniel
06-07-2008, 10:01 PM
Come on. WTF?

Once you cross the common decency line, you are past just being ignored by half the people on the board... you should have your dumb fool ass re-banned.

Let's agree to just be done with that piece of shit already.

I agree. Ban PB

Latrinsorm
06-07-2008, 11:04 PM
It's really odd to me how you, Parkbandit, have drawn up lines of acceptable behavior that you feel the board ought to conform to. How is this at all different from HarmNone being such an awful imposition on you back in the day? Should Stanley get a posse going to "run you off the board"?

Parkbandit
06-07-2008, 11:11 PM
It's really odd to me how you, Parkbandit, have drawn up lines of acceptable behavior that you feel the board ought to conform to. How is this at all different from HarmNone being such an awful imposition on you back in the day? Should Stanley get a posse going to "run you off the board"?

Show me where I ever made fun of Harmnone for losing her sister. There's a huge difference between calling someone out for being a retard.. and calling someone out for losing a family member.

I'm not surprised you couldn't figure that out though.

Tisket
06-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Link? I couldn't find the incident doing a cursory search. Please don't make me search all Stan's posts...my head might explode.

Stanley Burrell
06-07-2008, 11:14 PM
I dunno. It gave me new sig content. I think he was upset about personal comments on a message board.

Sean of the Thread
06-07-2008, 11:26 PM
Sexual blasts about my 4 and 5 year olds come to mind.

Stainley is just a fucked up individual.

Stanley Burrell
06-07-2008, 11:29 PM
rofl Sean2

Parkbandit
06-07-2008, 11:31 PM
I dunno. It gave me new sig content. I think he was upset about personal comments on a message board.

You should continue to post about it then... I mean, what are the chances you get banned again?

Parkbandit
06-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Link? I couldn't find the incident doing a cursory search. Please don't make me search all Stan's posts...my head might explode.

Both instances that I have witnessed have been deleted. Hopefully, Kranar has issued sufficient warnings to ensure that if it happens again, we can finally be rid of Stanley (again).

Stanley Burrell
06-07-2008, 11:37 PM
If it makes you feel any better, Kranar did have a word with me.

Annnnnd, using his suggestion, your two posts are about as informative as when you had them not on ignore.

So yes. The Internet.

longshot
06-07-2008, 11:42 PM
If it makes you feel any better, Kranar did have a word with me.

Unfortunately, he can only deal with the symptoms of a greater problem:

You're a junkie piece of shit.

Stanley Burrell
06-07-2008, 11:42 PM
At least I got chicken.

Deathravin
06-07-2008, 11:44 PM
PB: Typical Republican

Sean of the Thread
06-08-2008, 12:00 AM
rofl Sean2

Making sexual blasts at my young children = rofl?

Tisket
06-08-2008, 12:01 AM

....and that is relevant to this discussion...how?

longshot
06-08-2008, 12:05 AM

What the fuck? What does politics have to do with Stanley?

The guy makes fun of someone's sister that was tragically killed, and then says sexual shit about a guys children. Can we please leave the political shit out of this? There aren't enough political threads for you?

I'm not in favor of having people banned... then again, it's easy for me to say that when it's not my family being degraded.

But fuck Stanley. Seriously. The guy has zero respect for anything.

Stanley, I hope the next time you relapse, and you definitely will, that you OD. As you shit your pants when you seize up, please know that I'm somewhere laughing at you.

I hope the doctor in charge of triage puts you line behind the girl who scraped her knee playing hopscotch, and let's you expire on the steps of the ER entrance.

Latrinsorm
06-08-2008, 12:30 AM
Show me where I ever made fun of Harmnone for losing her sister. There's a huge difference between calling someone out for being a retard.. and calling someone out for losing a family member.

I'm not surprised you couldn't figure that out though.The comparison was between two people wanting to impose their will on what was acceptable behavior on the boards, only one of which you found wholly intolerable. Give it another try, you may get closer.

Mistomeer
06-08-2008, 12:41 AM
How is this at all different from HarmNone being such an awful imposition on you back in the day?

Stanley's mere existence here proves the point that Harmnone was off her rocker. The guy spammed the board with tubgirl and still got welcome back.

Should Stanley get a posse going to "run you off the board"?
I'm waiting to see who joins that posse.

daisey
06-08-2008, 12:43 AM
Heh..so true. He is a big Zero. I try not read his posts..would be a better place without him.

Ninja
06-08-2008, 12:52 AM
I THINK I COULD BE OF SOME ASSISTANCE HERE!

Tisket
06-08-2008, 12:55 AM
I think Stan just has somewhat faulty mental filters sometimes. The kind of filters that usually stop most of us from posting inappropriate content.

For some reason he reminds me of Stewart from Mad TV. A gawky person with no social graces.

Edit: I do enjoy his posting style though (when he isn't being over-the-top like with the military sister or kids, etc., that was pretty low)

TheEschaton
06-08-2008, 01:43 AM

Stanley, I hope the next time you relapse, and you definitely will, that you OD. As you shit your pants when you seize up, please know that I'm somewhere laughing at you.

I hope the doctor in charge of triage puts you line behind the girl who scraped her knee playing hopscotch, and let's you expire on the steps of the ER entrance.

Do you find it ironic that you yourself rarely pay respect to anyone?

-TheE-

Tisket
06-08-2008, 02:03 AM

He doesn't suffer fools if that's what you mean.

Not that I am calling you a fool. Or anyone else for that matter...

Gan
06-08-2008, 02:24 AM

Welcome to the stupid post of the day.

:clap:

longshot
06-08-2008, 03:09 AM

-TheE-

Understand that I respect the vast majority of the posters here. I think at some point I've fucked with almost everyone. Except for Anticore... because he's fucking hilarious.

I value your opinion because it's not something I'm ever going to hear in real life. You don't exist in the business world, and I'm sure I made fun of you in college.

So, it's for all the reasons that you're wrong on so many, many levels that makes me respect you.

I mean, are you really surprised at my attitude towards you? You're supported by your parents, which gives you the freedom to have some bullshit hippie belief system and rally against things you don't truly understand. Capitalism is amoral! Globalization is terrible! I mean, globalization and trade has brought like 600 or 800 million Chinese people out of the $1 a day poverty zone. That doesn't sound so terrible to me. I know you disagree... after all, if only those people knew the warmth and love of a hemp necklace and a good hug.

You have an incredibly poor understanding of economics, and you've never really had to take care of yourself. When you say shit that makes you sound ignorant, or amplifies your worthlessness, I'm calling you out on it. Sorry.

But when it comes to respect, I have none for Stanley. ZERO.

Cook up and get it over with. Smackhead.

Back
06-08-2008, 03:15 AM
Why do the biggest trolls here who do not want moderation suddenly QQ when they want moderation?

Hypocrite much?

Stanley Burrell
06-08-2008, 04:03 AM

Honestly, if I shat my pants, I'd probably laugh too: If I was inebriated, due to a mind-altering substance during said pooping of pantaloons, I'd probably find things that much more comical.

I am sincerely glad to know you ponder my activities of defecation. The bits and pieces of half-digested corn are because I love you.

kookiegod
06-08-2008, 04:17 AM
[QUOTE=longshot;743383]
ICapitalism is amoral! Globalization is terrible! I mean, globalization and trade has brought like 600 or 800 million Chinese people out of the $1 a day poverty zone. That doesn't sound so terrible to me. I know you disagree... after all, if only those people knew the warmth and love of a hemp necklace and a good hug.

While I could care less about this topic, cause I don't know, or even care to know the issues.

But while I agree capitalism is the greatest thing that ever existed, why do we care what happens to those 600-800m Chinese? Other than they own about a 1/4 of our national debt.

I guess I just at this point wonder why we spend money feeding people around the world, when people in our own country go hungry. I wonder why we send emergency shelters elsewhere, when we got our own homeless.

Before you even paint me as a liberal, rest assured, I am not. In fact with what i paid in taxes last year, I tried thru my congressman to get a Marlies Jenney Memorial Missile, painted on side of a sidewinder, after all, we paid for it. :)

While I guess getting them out of poverty is good thing, in 20 years, they are going to overtake us, the EU, Japan, etc, as a world power, and we paid for it.

Nice going, i guess...

~Paul

diethx
06-08-2008, 04:25 AM
I guess I just at this point wonder why we spend money feeding people around the world, when people in our own country go hungry. I wonder why we send emergency shelters elsewhere, when we got our own homeless.

I wonder that too, even if it's not PC to do so.

Deadelf
06-08-2008, 05:17 AM
Have to second or third Paul's ponderings. As to banning Stanley dumbass, honestly I think that is wrong. Sure I dont like the guy, but honestly did he know this dead sister? Why should someone care what he says about someone he doesnt know? Get over it, we all die in the end, no one gets out alive.

I've seen some really nasty shit posted by all of you who are pushing for ole Stanley to get banned, will you be next if they start banning Stanley for being the clueless dumbass that he is?

Tisket
06-08-2008, 05:23 AM
Have to second or third Paul's ponderings. As to banning Stanley dumbass, honestly I think that is wrong. Sure I dont like the guy, but honestly did he know this dead sister? Why should someone care what he says about someone he doesnt know? Get over it, we all die in the end, no one gets out alive.

I've seen some really nasty shit posted by all of you who are pushing for ole Stanley to get banned, will you be next if they start banning Stanley for being the clueless dumbass that he is?

It was the sister of a regular poster here. She was military and died in the line of duty. Hardly something you joke about as crudely as Stan did.

Nieninque
06-08-2008, 05:55 AM

Sadly, I missed the posting that referred to her, but it was my sister that he takes cheapshots at. He seems to think it upsets me. It doesn't. It just shows him out to be the piece of shit that I have been saying he is for a long time.

I've never asked for him to be banned, but I do agree with whoever it was that said he shouldn't have been unbanned when he was (Nice one HN). What contributions to a message board could possibly be made by someone who was banned for spamming tubgirl pictures? We are now seeing the folly of that decision.

thefarmer
06-08-2008, 06:11 AM
It was the sister of a regular poster here. She was military and died in the line of duty. Hardly something you joke about as crudely as Stan did.

What difference does any of that make?

If it was a non-frequent poster's sister who died from slipping in the shower, would that be ok?

longshot
06-08-2008, 07:49 AM
Honestly, if I shat my pants, I'd probably laugh too: If I was inebriated, due to a mind-altering substance during said pooping of pantaloons, I'd probably find things that much more comical.

I'm going to bed. Before I do, I wanted to tell you to fuck off and die.

When I was talking about your shitting your pants, I was talking about your convulsing on the ground while you die face down in your own vomit.

Do you think you'll have to suck someone's cock the next time you need to score? Or will you just steal a bunch of shit from your parents place?

Junkie piece of shit.

Ilvane
06-08-2008, 07:52 AM
You know, for all the nasty things that get posted on this board...

I am amazed at the outrage of the one little comment by Stanley.

Do I think it's right? No. Do I think it was intentional? No.

I hope he won't do it again, but talking about hoping someone relapses an addiction and dies in the process is no better, and no less disgusting, in my opinion.

Angela*

DeV
06-08-2008, 08:21 AM
As completely tasteless and disrespectful as it was, I don't believe there are any grounds for banning someone for making fun of a deceased family member. Perhaps the appropriate measure would be in asking Kranar to reevaluate the forum TOS and having an open forum about it.

I believe that allowances have been made for many of us in the past, and at a time where most considered the rules far too stringent.

Parkbandit
06-08-2008, 08:28 AM

I hope he won't do it again, but talking about hoping someone relapses an addiction and dies in the process is no better, and no less disgusting, in my opinion.

Angela*

You don't think Stanley was intentionally making fun of Nein's sister dying?

Holy fuck.. I try to understand you sometimes.. but you make it extremely fucking difficult.

Ilvane
06-08-2008, 08:41 AM
No, I really don't think so PB. I could be wrong(God knows I have been before), but I really don't think he did that on purpose.

If he did, I do agree that it's wrong to say it. I still stand by what I said about the outrage though. Things surprise me all the time.

If someone said something about my dead father, I'd be upset too, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me on these boards either.

Angela

Kyra231
06-08-2008, 08:44 AM

Do I think it's right? No. Talking about hoping someone relapses an addiction and dies in the process is no better, and no less disgusting, in my opinion.

Angela*

Removed the one part I didn't agree with. When I see said poster's sister screaming for a banning there might be grounds :shrug:

~K.

Skeeter
06-08-2008, 08:50 AM

Angela*

http://www.meikathon.net/roflmao/facepalm4.jpg

Parkbandit
06-08-2008, 09:13 AM
No, I really don't think so PB. I could be wrong(God knows I have been before), but I really don't think he did that on purpose.

Ok.. so you didn't see the postings.. no one has quoted them to you.. but you don't think, for some strange reason, that Stanley, remarking about Nein having a dead sister.. was on purpose? It wasn't one of those "your momma" jokes, where the target turns around and says "Um, my mom is dead". That would be accidental.

The two posts that I saw were anything but accidental.

Parkbandit
06-08-2008, 09:14 AM
Removed the one part I didn't agree with. When I see said poster's sister screaming for a banning there might be grounds :shrug:

~K.

And just when I thought Ilvane's post was the dumbest.. you go and leap right the fuck over it.

CrystalTears
06-08-2008, 09:17 AM
One little comment? No honey, it's several and lately it's quite often. So much for our little super mod who isn't paying attention to what people are saying.

If he started trying to insult you by saying it's your fault your father died or something, please don't tell me it wouldn't upset you, piss you off or cause you to delete the post. Don't kid yourself or us with lies, when just a discussion on politics causes you to delete posts of yours.

Ilvane
06-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Yay, it's pile on Angela time!

Wheee!

Ilvane
06-08-2008, 09:20 AM
Oh wait..I forgot..CT was the perfect MOD.

I need to keep in line..Sorry oh great master of Moderating.

Parkbandit
06-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Yay, it's pile on Angela time!

Wheee!

You are the one that put the big sign on yourself.. talking about something you obviously know nothing about and making a judgement on something you obviously didn't even read.

Ilvane
06-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Oh I know, it's always my fault..I forgot about that part too.

And I'm so numb to all of the bullshit you guys throw at me at this point, I don't even care.

Maybe I like the abuse? LOL

Angela

Parkbandit
06-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Oh I know, it's always my fault..I forgot about that part too.

And I'm so numb to all of the bullshit you guys throw at me at this point, I don't even care.

Maybe I like the abuse? LOL

Angela

Someone call a Waambulance, we have a victim here.

Deathravin
06-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Somebody said something I feel is offensive. It's time to remove this person so he can't pollute my tiny little mind any more! At least he wasn't talking about Abortion or we really would have had to turn the thumb screws.

If you don't like what somebody says in the real world, you can walk away. If you don't like what somebody says on TV you can change the channel. And on a forum, if you don't like what somebody says you can do something you don't have the option of in any other media: simply ignore them, you will see none of their responses.

Not sure why a ceremonial banning (Which is all it would be since you can't really ban somebody from a site; there are no ways to enforce it) would teach him a lesson? If we can't get you to think halfway logically, PB, you won't be able to get him to stop being an insensitive, unemotional prick.

Bobmuhthol
06-08-2008, 09:25 AM
<<Sadly, I missed the posting that referred to her, but it was my sister that he takes cheapshots at.>>

Given that I remember reading your replies to the exact posts in question, I'm pretty surprised by this.

<<I am amazed at the outrage of the one little comment by Stanley.>>

Multiple, but okay.

<<I really don't think he did that on purpose.>>

Are you retarded?

Ilvane
06-08-2008, 09:25 AM
And FYI PB..I did read the post. I wanted to make sure the one you were all talking about was the same one you reported.

Angela

CrystalTears
06-08-2008, 09:27 AM
Oh wait..I forgot..CT was the perfect MOD.

I need to keep in line..Sorry oh great master of Moderating.
You want to go down this road? Fine!

I did a hell of a lot more moderating than you've ever done. I did things wrong several times and got called out on it. BFD. However that some of us were moderating and you weren't was the complaint of several mods who have stepped down in the past because you didn't do shit except complain about people on these boards. You begged to be the mod for the social folder to stop all the bitching, insulting and whatnot, and you didn't do a fucking thing. You're a fucking joke. I'm sure Kranar made you a super mod because there was no one else available online to give it to. You suck at it.

The fact that you took it upon yourself to ban someone who wasn't even half as bad as Stanley which isn't the job of a super mod to do EVER, and here you're making it sound as though we're making up what Stanley says. Again, you're a fucking joke.

Just STFU. The more you talk, the worse you make it for yourself.

Bobmuhthol
06-08-2008, 09:28 AM
<<Oh wait..I forgot..CT was the perfect MOD.>>

All non-male moderators here have historically sucked, including you and CT.

<<And I'm so numb to all of the bullshit you guys throw at me at this point, I don't even care.>>

You're lying.

Ilvane
06-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Wow, you are pissed off aren't you? Damn.

Parkbandit
06-08-2008, 09:29 AM
And FYI PB..I did read the post. I wanted to make sure the one you were all talking about was the same one you reported.

Angela

Saweet Jesus.. that makes you a bigger retard then. At LEAST you could have hid behind the "I didn't read it" excuse when saying something stupid like "I really don't think he did that on purpose." You read it and still drew that conclusion.. making you today's big stupid poster award winner.

I realize it's early, but there is just no fucking way anyone can possibly post something dumber. Congratulations.

CrystalTears
06-08-2008, 09:30 AM
Just telling it like it is, bitch.

Ilvane
06-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Aww, the love..I feel the love.

Relax honey, it's not worth getting all worked up over.

And PB, people say offensive stuff on this board daily. If I deleted every offensive post, we wouldn't have much of a board.

Angela

Xaerve
06-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Haha @ Ilvane being a super-mod.

She was on OOC Psinet yesterday trying to talk politics. Half of OOC was laughing their ass off and asked her if she was bringing her political thoughts to the chat room, since she had been continually embarrassed on the PC. She got kind of heated when everyone started in on her.

Ilvane
06-08-2008, 10:18 AM
I did? I was on there for like 3 minutes and then continued playing GS.

Odd recollection you have there.

Xaerve
06-08-2008, 10:22 AM
I didn't save the logs, but you certainly were discussing politics for a while and then got called out for being a moron (because of something you said and because you are who you are).

Carry on, you're proving the moron point well in this thread.

Asha
06-08-2008, 10:23 AM
lol telling PB there's offensive talk on these boards.
rofl brilliant

Parkbandit
06-08-2008, 10:23 AM
Aww, the love..I feel the love.

Relax honey, it's not worth getting all worked up over.

And PB, people say offensive stuff on this board daily. If I deleted every offensive post, we wouldn't have much of a board.

Angela

There is a clear line between calling someone a fucking retard for the bullshit they post.. and making fun of a family member.

Goes to show you are the worst 'moderator' of all times. Like CT said, it's not just that you never really moderated unless it affected you personally (GM friends of yours for instance) it's that you simply don't understand the fundimentals.

Don't worry, I went well over your head and discussed the situation with Kranar. While he has a knack for making really dumb people moderators, he is intelligent to know the line was crossed.

Nieninque
06-08-2008, 10:36 AM
<<Sadly, I missed the posting that referred to her, but it was my sister that he takes cheapshots at.>>

Given that I remember reading your replies to the exact posts in question, I'm pretty surprised by this.

Really? I figured, as those posts were a couple of weeks ago that there had been something more recent. Plus, I wasn't aware those posts were deleted (can't be arsed to do a search to see if they were though...really not that interested).

<<I am amazed at the outrage of the one little comment by Stanley.>>

Multiple, but okay.

Yup...it's his little party trick.

<<I really don't think he did that on purpose.>>

Are you retarded?

^

How do you accidentally post something on a message board?

CrystalTears
06-08-2008, 10:40 AM
He just said it again the other day, which is why I called him an asshole.

Nieninque
06-08-2008, 10:44 AM
I tend to skip his posts, so missed it. Ah well...

Nieninque
06-08-2008, 11:09 AM

~K.

You didn't get the defining point of "dead", did you?

Sean of the Thread
06-08-2008, 11:26 AM

Exactly the first fucking thing that came to mind.

daisey
06-08-2008, 12:27 PM
I don't like sexual comments about young children. But that's just me I guess. Seems he spews shit for attention. As he said himself he doesn't have any luck with women. I wonder why..lol

Nieninque
06-08-2008, 12:29 PM

It's Ilvane, I guess. She doesnt like having to moderate, but was right in the middle of censoring anything related to Wezas back in the midst of all that shit.

Deadelf
06-08-2008, 12:30 PM
My sincere condolences for your loss Nieninque. (being prior military myself having joined 26 plus years ago and serving at a time when people spit at me in outside of airports, I understand the oath an took it with at the time as a recon scout.) My point in the original post just so you know was not to insult you as I think you knew. My point was that banning Stanley, dumbass though he is, is a slippery slope.

I've seen many many nasty posts on these boards over the years and I think that trying to draw a line now as to what is banning offense and what isnt would lead to serious headaches for Kranar.

Now I totally agree with you on the spamming crap of tubgirl that Stanley did should have kept him banned for a period of time. I believe that Kranar allowed him back after a time period? Ie; it wasn't a perma ban. I'm just speculating about that of course.

Alfster
06-08-2008, 12:32 PM
The fact that you took it upon yourself to ban someone who wasn't even half as bad as Stanley which isn't the job of a super mod to do EVER, and here you're making it sound as though we're making up what Stanley says. Again, you're a fucking joke.

Who'd she ban?

The only time she's ever really done any sort of deleting of posts, it tends to do with "paul" because "he's so nice"

"Don't cross me here, you will lose"

^^ haha

Nieninque
06-08-2008, 12:46 PM
My sincere condolences for your loss Nieninque. (being prior military myself having joined 26 plus years ago and serving at a time when people spit at me in outside of airports, I understand the oath an took it with at the time as a recon scout.) My point in the original post just so you know was not to insult you as I think you knew. My point was that banning Stanley, dumbass though he is, is a slippery slope.

I've seen many many nasty posts on these boards over the years and I think that trying to draw a line now as to what is banning offense and what isnt would lead to serious headaches for Kranar.

Now I totally agree with you on the spamming crap of tubgirl that Stanley did should have kept him banned for a period of time. I believe that Kranar allowed him back after a time period? Ie; it wasn't a perma ban. I'm just speculating about that of course.

I'm not saying he should be banned for trying to wind me up about my sister. I don't particularly care, to be honest. I rarely read his shit, so the fact that he says something to try and upset me is immaterial. His lack of boundaries says more about him than me or my sister. Go! Go! Smackhead. Amusingly, when he was unbanned after the tubgirl shit, he sent me a PM apologising for comments he made about my little sister when she and I were mugged by a junkie and his girlfriend at a cashpoint. This latest stuff is nothing new, from him. I take as much notice of him now as ever, which is none. His parents were really scraping the bottom of the gene-pool when he was conceived.

He was given a time-limited ban for the tubgirl stuff. Kranar was as I recall trying to implement some kind of sanction system during which, misdemeanours were dealt with by attributing points. The fact that the drug-addled twat was already banned (IIRC) when he went on his tubgirl-spree should have given him enough points to be banned for life, not just a few months. Common sense would also suggest that once someone has reached those levels of disruption, their value to any community would be less than zero.

Having said that, Kranar pays and provides the boards for us to post on, so his word goes. If he sees fit to ban someone now or ever, that's completely down to him. I will concentrate on being a bitch and leave the running of the boards to him and Snapp.

Tisket
06-08-2008, 12:59 PM
If it was a non-frequent poster's sister who died from slipping in the shower, would that be ok?

You are a supreme idiot.

Stanley Burrell
06-08-2008, 01:04 PM
I don't like sexual comments about young children.

Neither do I.

But that's just me I guess. Seems he spews shit for attention. As he said himself he doesn't have any luck with women.

The size scares'm. You don't know how difficult it is using MS-Paint to stretch/skew chode penii of the tuna can persuasion.

I dunno. I'll buy you guys a beer or something.

I think that about covers things.

Ravenstorm
06-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Stanley? Take this as well meaning advice from someone who really doesn't have any problem with you.

Shut up. Stop trying to be mean and edgy. Stop trying to surpass PB as the board troll. It's not funny, it's not cute and it's just annoying. You have, in the past - that I recall - contributed to threads in a meaningful way. Go back to doing that instead of sinking to a level below that of the other annoying posters on this board. Seriously. Listen or not, it's up to you.

As to the major issue, ban Stanley and you need to then start thinking about banning other trolls and offensive posters. I think the ones most likely to have that happen to them will find that objectionable. So if you have a problem with Stanley, just ignore him. Problem solved.

Stanley Burrell
06-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Stanley? Take this as well meaning advice from someone who really doesn't have any problem with you.

Shut up. Stop trying to be mean and edgy. Stop trying to surpass PB as the board troll. It's not funny, it's not cute and it's just annoying. You have, in the past - that I recall - contributed to threads in a meaningful way. Go back to doing that instead of sinking to a level below that of the other annoying posters on this board. Seriously. Listen or not, it's up to you.

As to the major issue, ban Stanley and you need to then start thinking about banning other trolls and offensive posters. I think the ones most likely to have that happen to them will find that objectionable. So if you have a problem with Stanley, just ignore him. Problem solved.

QFT

Parkbandit
06-08-2008, 02:21 PM

Aw.. that's cute. Someone's still so upset after all this time.

Ravenstorm
06-08-2008, 02:57 PM
*pats PB on the head*

Don't overestimate yourself, bubula. You, being nothing more than a string of characters on a message board, are incapable of upsetting me any more than Stanley is. You simply aren't that significant.

My opinion is based on what posts of yours I've read since I've returned. Your posting style doesn't seem to have changed in the slightest, being full of sound and fury signifying nothing.

I'll grant you one thing though; you /are/ good at pushing some people's buttons. Be proud :)

Kitsun
06-08-2008, 03:12 PM
I've got the same opinion every time this subject comes up and I am in full favor of banning Stanley. I tend to skip over his posts but the ones I do not always leave me with regret for having wasted moments of my life.

Seriously now, how often does the subject of banning other posters come up? I can't think of anyone.

I fucking hate you Stanley. You goddamn son of a motherless whore posting tubgirl son of a bitch.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
06-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Hey, welcome back Ravenstorm :) Haven't seen you post in forever.

Regards this thread... most know I have my issues with Stanley. I used to respond to him viciously but I really see no point in it (Snapp asked me not to also, and I respect that). He repeatedly (as in more than just 3-4 times) talks about PBs kids and wife in a derogatory way, he repeatedly talks about Sean2's kids in a scary sexual way, he repeatedly talks about Nien's sister celebrating her death... I mean think about it -- it's a pattern of behavior that pretty much can encompass anyone. I fail to see the value at all of him posting here, but I ignore him now. Not like his posts make any sense anyway, unless he's trying to been as mean as possible to someone.

I find I enjoy the threads a ton more when I just skip his posts. Everyone should, maybe he'd stop posting.

Ilvane
06-08-2008, 03:22 PM
I fucking hate you Stanley. You goddamn son of a motherless whore posting tubgirl son of a bitch.

Don't ask me why, but that made me laugh.

And I feel awful about it.

lmao

Angela

longshot
06-08-2008, 03:25 PM

This one time, I fucked this girl on accident.

kookiegod
06-08-2008, 03:26 PM
I gotta agree Bill, most people doing that are looking for attention. If you quit giving them attention, they tend to go away. That is the profile of a griefer.

Unfortunately, as Jim said (and Hi Jim!), these boards are filled with hate-filled personal attacks way more often than not, and since nothing is generally done about them, why is this one guy above the rest?

Makes no sense.

~Paul

Ilvane
06-08-2008, 03:31 PM
You know, bottom line:

You don't like someone--don't like them. Don't bring in the family unit, sister, brother, mother, uncle, cousin, father, children into it at all.

I did tell the same to Stan.

:shrug:

Angela

Tisket
06-08-2008, 03:34 PM
I gotta agree Bill

(and Hi Jim!)

Paul

WTF...pretentious much?

I'm teasing. I'm glad you know some real life names of some posters here. Good for you.

Parkbandit
06-08-2008, 03:35 PM
*pats PB on the head*

Don't overestimate yourself, bubula. You, being nothing more than a string of characters on a message board, are incapable of upsetting me any more than Stanley is. You simply aren't that significant.

My opinion is based on what posts of yours I've read since I've returned. Your posting style doesn't seem to have changed in the slightest, being full of sound and fury signifying nothing.

I'll grant you one thing though; you /are/ good at pushing some people's buttons. Be proud :)

I can't even return the favor as I don't particularly find you good at anything.

:*(

Welcome back though! I REALLY missed you. Swear.

Parkbandit
06-08-2008, 03:36 PM
This one time, I fucked this girl on accident.

It was only an accident because when you woke up, you didn't have your beer goggles on.

thefarmer
06-08-2008, 03:39 PM
You are a supreme idiot.

Because I don't think that the emphasis you made (it was a regular poster's sister who died in the military) was worth it?

Tisket
06-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Because I don't think that the emphasis you made (it was a regular poster's sister who died in the military) was worth it?

No, because I think you are a moronic troll.

thefarmer
06-08-2008, 03:47 PM
No, because I think you are a moronic troll.

Troll?

Aren't you posting in this thread too?

Sweets
06-08-2008, 03:48 PM
The "ignore list" feature is a lovely thing. I am with a few others here though. A ban would bring on a slippery slope. There are alot of wise-ass and tasteless people posting on this board. Even more with thin skins. Things would get ugly fast with a demand for bans. I like the idea of a general discussion on the forum rules but other than that, he didn't do anything more tasteless (incredibily, utterly and disgustingly tasteless) than what I have seen before.

longshot
06-08-2008, 03:53 PM
I gotta agree Bill, most people doing that are looking for attention. If you quit giving them attention, they tend to go away. That is the profile of a griefer.

Unfortunately, as Jim said (and Hi Jim!), these boards are filled with hate-filled personal attacks way more often than not, and since nothing is generally done about them, why is this one guy above the rest?

Makes no sense.

~Paul

Well hi-diddly-ho, Flanders!

Why is this one guy above the rest? Did you you read the fucking thread? I'm presenting you with this token of appreciation in advance for you never speaking again. Please earn it.

By the way, hi Sean! Hi Daniel! Hi Drew!

longshot
06-08-2008, 03:57 PM
I dunno. I'll buy you guys a beer or something.

I think that about covers things.

No, it wouldn't.

Why don't you run along and play AIDS roulette with some syringes?

Tisket
06-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Troll?

Aren't you posting in this thread too?

If you want to be contentious because I failed to phrase something perfectly then good for you. You've shown quite a penchant for that type of post in the past. Hurrah you?

Stanley Burrell
06-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Why don't you run along and play AIDS roulette with some syringes?

Hey: If I've got AIDS, you've got AIDS.

Stanley Burrell
06-08-2008, 04:32 PM

I always enjoyed your posts. I don't think I'd even take a snarky tone with you.

Honestly, Raven, it's good to have you back (WB x infinity) I don't feel compelled to disrespect you; in fact, you're probably one of the people who's posted on these forums that I've actually read. In addition to like four or seven posts I've glanced over since I joined/rejoined the member roster.

We have beef like vegetarianism?

Stanley Burrell
06-08-2008, 04:39 PM

~Paul

It's about geopolitical reciprocity on the global scale. Rarely, if ever, do our moneys care about bloated stomachs in sub-Saharan kraals and bantustans.

2¢.

Ravenstorm
06-08-2008, 04:56 PM
I always enjoyed your posts. I don't think I'd even take a snarky tone with you.

Honestly, Raven, it's good to have you back (WB x infinity) I don't feel compelled to disrespect you; in fact, you're probably one of the people who's posted on these forums that I've actually read. In addition to like four or seven posts I've glanced over since I joined/rejoined the member roster.

Thanks. I'm actually wondering a little what changed between when I disappeared and now. You've changed your posting style and not for the better to be honest. But like I said, that's your choice. I will say this though...

'This is the internet' is often used as an excuse to be an asshole, troll, pain in the ass, lesser human being, whatever. As if there was some virtual 'what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas'. But that's bullshit. Regardless of the medium, real people are communicating. It may be anonymous as far as knowing offline identities goes, it may be only through text, but it's still two or more people interacting. All the excuses and justifications don't change how you (general you) are treating people.

And it says something about you (again, general you). You can abuse, harass, belittle and ridicule people or you can treat them with respect even if you don't like them. Failing that you can just ignore them. How you choose to post, what persona you choose to use, is the only impression people here will have of you.

So Stanley, and this time I mean you specifically, you need to decide what kind of guy you want to be here. What others decide is irrelevant. You aren't them. They are insignificant. They only have the power over you that you choose to give them. The choice whether to respond to them or not and how to respond to them is solely your decision. You can lower yourself to their level - or lower - or ignore them or prove yourself better than them.

Whatever your choice, it's real. This is the internet. This is a message board. This is life. Your words and actions count just as much in determining who you are and what people think of you (general you). It's time to decide who you want to be. This isn't for our sake. We have ignore lists available to us. It's purely for yours. Be the better man, Stanley and then take pride in doing so. End sermon.

We have beef like vegetarianism?

...I have no idea what this means.

Makkah
06-08-2008, 04:57 PM
FREE STANLEY

Stanley Burrell
06-08-2008, 05:05 PM
He repeatedly (as in more than just 3-4 times) talks about PBs kids

True.

and wife

Wrong.

in a derogatory way

True.

he repeatedly talks about Sean2's kids in a scary sexual way

Wrong.

repeatedly

Wrong. (By your guidelines.)

talks about Nien's sister celebrating her death

True.

but I ignore him now

Glad to know you haven't posted anything involving and/or related to me then. Fantastic ignoring skills.

I find I enjoy the threads a ton more when I just skip his posts. Everyone should, maybe he'd stop posting.

That'd be something, wouldn't it?

That (I swear upon the 1st Edition Necronomicon) is the funniest and most fantastic thing I've ever read from you :lolwave: Why can't you normally make posts like this? That seriously was awesome.

I THINK I COULD BE OF SOME ASSISTANCE HERE!

ME TOO.

thefarmer
06-08-2008, 05:12 PM
If you want to be contentious because I failed to phrase something perfectly then good for you. You've shown quite a penchant for that type of post in the past. Hurrah you?

You posted a fairly detailed post, to which I asked a question. A question that you've yet to answer. Apparently you realized your post was in error and to cover up the fact you 'failed to phrase something perfectly' you choose to insult me.

I asked a simple question. The only person being contentious is you. Hurrah you.

Stanley Burrell
06-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Thanks. I'm actually wondering a little what changed between when I disappeared and now. You've changed your posting style and not for the better to be honest. But like I said, that's your choice. I will say this though...

'This is the internet' is often used as an excuse to be an asshole, troll, pain in the ass, lesser human being, whatever. As if there was some virtual 'what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas'. But that's bullshit. Regardless of the medium, real people are communicating. It may be anonymous as far as knowing offline identities goes, it may be only through text, but it's still two or more people interacting. All the excuses and justifications don't change how you (general you) are treating people.

And it says something about you (again, general you). You can abuse, harass, belittle and ridicule people or you can treat them with respect even if you don't like them. Failing that you can just ignore them. How you choose to post, what persona you choose to use, is the only impression people here will have of you.

So Stanley, and this time I mean you specifically, you need to decide what kind of guy you want to be here. What others decide is irrelevant. You aren't them. They are insignificant. They only have the power over you that you choose to give them. The choice whether to respond to them or not and how to respond to them is solely your decision. You can lower yourself to their level - or lower - or ignore them or prove yourself better than them.

Whatever your choice, it's real. This is the internet. This is a message board. This is life. Your words and actions count just as much in determining who you are and what people think of you (general you). It's time to decide who you want to be. This isn't for our sake. We have ignore lists available to us. It's purely for yours. Be the better man, Stanley and then take pride in doing so. End sermon.

I have a serious problem making that distinction. I don't view it as a problem. Maybe that's my problem. Amongst several others.

...I have no idea what this means.

I thought that you thought that I thought negatively of you. And I was trying to inform you that I didn't. Using dietary metaphors.

Anyway, I appreciate your posts and I'll probably make less one-liners when my schedule permits. Thanks.

longshot
06-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Stanley, if you honestly want to stop being annoying, why don't you reduce the size of your sig? Do we really need lightbulbs and extra lines?

If you choose to return to being a normal person, I'll welcome you with open arms... assuming you're not carrying any needles that are going to poke me.

Stanley Burrell
06-08-2008, 05:29 PM
O.K.

ViridianAsp
06-08-2008, 05:44 PM
I thought most of just ignored Stanley...

Tisket
06-08-2008, 05:58 PM
I asked a simple question. The only person being contentious is you. Hurrah you.

Your sole intent was to be combative. It's your modus operandi.

Sean of the Thread
06-08-2008, 06:00 PM
I thought most of just ignored Stanley...

I think you're right.

iJin
06-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Is that really so fucking hard? Honestly.

It's the internet people, scumbags, druggies whathaveyou are going to post whatever they want, whenever they want, however they choose to. I mean what can you do? Best thing to do is just ignore them.

CrystalTears
06-08-2008, 06:09 PM
It would be fine if people didn't quote him all the time. :(

Alfster
06-08-2008, 06:10 PM
You know, bottom line:

You don't like someone--don't like them. Don't bring in the family unit, sister, brother, mother, uncle, cousin, father, children into it at all.

I did tell the same to Stan.

:shrug:

Angela

What if you accidentally post about them, is it okay then?

Nieninque
06-08-2008, 06:11 PM

rofl

Sean of the Thread
06-08-2008, 06:13 PM

hahahhaha fucking pwnt.

thefarmer
06-08-2008, 06:21 PM

Using big words you had to Google doesn't impress anyone.

It also doesn't cover up the fact you're wrong about me and my intentions.

Since it seems that you won't bother answering, I'll post what would have been my reply.

Concerning Stanley, it shouldn't matter what the circumstances of the insult was (who's sister it was or how she died). The bottom line is he insulted someone's family member. If there are rules against insulting someone's family members (deceased or not), Stanley broke them and should get punished accordingly. If there aren't, and Kranar feels there should be, well, these are his boards and he can do as he pleases.

I've seen plenty of insulting shit toward family members (though probably not dead as far as I've seen), toward friends, toward each other that in my mind have crossed the line, posted by various different people in numerous threads.

If you're going to ban Stanley, everyone posting similiar insulting things should be banned too.

Note: I do think it's crossing the line to insult a family member and I think Stanley should be punished/reprimanded for it, but not banned.

Parkbandit
Alfster FTMFW.

BigWorm
Stanley, if you honestly want to stop being annoying, why don't you reduce the size of your sig? Do we really need lightbulbs and extra lines?

If you choose to return to being a normal person, I'll welcome you with open arms... assuming you're not carrying any needles that are going to poke me.

Ok, Stanley used to do drugs. We get it. Come up with some new stuff already.

BTW, benzos do not require a needle

Parkbandit
06-08-2008, 06:23 PM

Used to? Clearly you missed the 2nd time he fell off the wagon.

Or was it the third? I lost count.

Tisket
06-08-2008, 06:23 PM

lmao @ you thinking any of those are big words.

radamanthys
06-08-2008, 06:32 PM
I think I might be a little off, but I never really had a problem understanding Stanley. He got an interesting (read: odd) style, but I guess it's similar to how my brain works. Fuck it if I laugh out loud to his posts more often than not.

like... 'Having beef' with someone means having some sort of hostility. So "Beef like Vegetarianism" meant "we're good, esse".

*shrug*
It all seems pretty harmless to me, even if it's insulting or crude. The Heath Ledger joke thread would've had us all banned.

If it got to stupidity and hostility becoming bannable offences... I think this place would be pretty empty. The stupid people act stupid, and then everyone is hostile to them. Hey, it's part of what makes the PC the PC. Okayy? Of course I'm Mr. freedom of speech, so any sort of censorship is bad in my book... the only bannable offense to me is someone that actually makes the site more difficult to read safely or at all (spam, porn, DDoS, 100k accounts, etc.)

Stanley Burrell
06-08-2008, 06:38 PM

I just spontaneously agree with the accusations for the most part now. Not because any drugs/stealing/whatever opinions and statements aren't worth their salt in truth value, but because it's fun to spontaneously agree with people on The Internet.

I'm... Not going to bother going over my painfully mundane lifestyle of never having done shit these past couple of years when ParkBandit is an obvious soothsayer. I'd just rather agree with the witch-hunters and laugh with them, at them, and at myself. The whole thing is silly. It's just healthier to find people's dumbass ideas amusing. Especially when they are.

This is entertainment of the highest caliber, people. I mean; what with all the ignore-the-troll suggestions, I can seriously tell how many folks have me on an ignore list. The same way this forum thread has zero replies/views.

I will be brutally honest: I am envious of how much free time some of you seem to have.

thefarmer
06-08-2008, 06:53 PM
lmao @ you thinking any of those are big words.

You fail at reading comprehension.

Then again, what else should I expect from someone insulting my own vocabularly using lmao and @.

Tisket
06-08-2008, 06:58 PM
You fail at reading comprehension.

Then again, what else should I expect from someone insulting my own vocabularly using lmao and @.

lmao @ you. You call them big words then try to claim you didn't call them big words? LMAO.

Since it seems that you won't bother answering, I'll post what would have been my reply.

So what you are saying is that my answer was irrelevant to what you intended to post all along? Seems a bit convoluted but whatever.

Bobmuhthol
06-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Tisket is winning.

Warriorbird
06-08-2008, 08:47 PM
I don't think Stanley should be banned. The rest of us would then be held to similar arbitrary standards. Some of us make quite offensive personal comments.

thefarmer
06-08-2008, 09:25 PM
lmao @ you. You call them big words then try to claim you didn't call them big words? LMAO.

I didn't claim anything. I said you failed at reading comprehension. I'll highlight the key point you missed.

Tisket
06-08-2008, 09:39 PM

So which of these words is it that you consider "big":

Anyway, I googled nothing in that particular post. However, I do sometimes google spelling. I'm not a great speller. I'm unsure why it even matters to you except as another reason to be a dick.

Skeeter
06-09-2008, 12:09 AM
I agree that Stanley shouldn't be banned. You need a point of darkness so that all others can feel they stand in the light.

Back
06-09-2008, 12:13 AM
I agree that Stanley shouldn't be banned. You need a point of darkness so that all others can feel they stand in the light.

Ok, Stephen (Captian Freaking Obvious) Hawking. CFO.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
06-09-2008, 12:33 AM
Why does Stanley get his own thread and I don't? I feel like I've let you all down. :(

longshot
06-09-2008, 12:38 AM
I didn't claim anything. I said you failed at reading comprehension. I'll highlight the key point you missed.

Will you shut the fuck up already?

You're bad at life. Learn to accept this.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
06-09-2008, 12:42 AM
Bah, how did this thread go from Stanley bashing to general moron bashing? GET BACK ON TOPIC!

Stanley has a mustache.

Furrowfoot
06-09-2008, 01:00 AM

Makes no sense.

~Paul

Quoted just to echo the "Hi Jim!"... and Hi Paul, too, hehe.

--FF

kookiegod
06-09-2008, 01:10 AM
And hi back...

And wow, great album cover, i'm gonna grab it cause I been a DefLep fan since, well, since... I'm a child of the 80s.

Hehheheh!

Love ya bro,

Paul

Tsa`ah
06-09-2008, 01:13 AM
When you conduct a relentless assault on a person ... taking every opportunity to prod an intimate issue, well it's only a matter of time when you lay something personal out there and that person takes the opportunity to unload.

The rallying cry to ban someone from these boards is pretty laughable when it comes from a person or persons that have done nothing but troll and bitch about "over moderation".

It really doesn't matter what was said ... consider the history leading up to it and go eat some humble pie.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
06-09-2008, 01:22 AM
No kidding. Why is one douchebag starting a ban thread? Why not get someone well-liked and reputable to start it for you? Not sure who that would be on a forum as sleazy and this, but still...

thefarmer
06-09-2008, 01:40 AM
Will you shut the fuck up already?

You're bad at life. Learn to accept this.

Coming from the person that encourages discussion, your post surprises me, seeing as how this little aside between Tisket and myself started by me asking a simple question.

As far as knowing anything about my life, you don't. So the only thing to accept is that you're talking out of your ass.

Deadelf
06-09-2008, 03:07 AM
Heya Paul, Bill, FF, Kai etc and is that Ravenstorm from the old days ie; GEnie days? Empath Ravenstorm of the screen full of alterations? :) I'm sure we'll get to read some nasty comment from Longshot who appears to have some severe angst issues with us socializing.

This thread was a bad one and as I said, it is a slippery slope if you start calling out for bans for tasteless, offensive crap from posters. PB who started the thread has done his share of such posts himself, hell I think its better to just watch Ilvane's player martyr herself by refocusing all the hate at her.

I wonder if that is her super hero power? LOL I mean seriously she can not be that clueless not to know or have a clue that she is about to focus every nasty remark at her? Can she? Angela derailer of threads world wide!

Jim

longshot
06-09-2008, 04:11 AM
I'm sure we'll get to read some nasty comment from Longshot who appears to have some severe angst issues with us socializing.

Angst is a feeling of dread or anxiety, usually about "the world" or personal freedoms... hence the phrase "teenage angst." As shitty as your socializing is, I don't know how I can have severe angst about it.

I don't see anyone else here incessantly referring to other posters by their first names. I'm not the only person here that's pointed out how ridiculous you sound.

I thought you might get the hint on your own, but then I read this...

LOL I mean seriously she can not be that clueless not to know or have a clue that she is about to focus every nasty remark at her?

It pretty funny to just read that as is, but it's even better if you read it out loud. Is English your second language? Or are you just "special?"

If you want to reconnect with your friends, there's a feature of these boards called "U2U." You might want to try it out. We really don't want to hear your "Hi Dasher! Hey Dancer! OMFG!! Prancer and Vixen!!11 LOL @ COMET!! Hi Cupid! Donner and Blitzen?!? WTF!" or "FUCK OFF RUDOLPH."

There's no angst on my part. Just trying to clean up the stupid you've spilled all over this thread.

longshot
06-09-2008, 04:38 AM
Coming from the person that encourages discussion, your post surprises me, seeing as how this little aside between Tisket and myself started by me asking a simple question.

I changed my mind. I don't mean this in a bad way, but discussion for the most part isn't possible. I learned a lot from that other thread... open-mindedness is a good thing. Maybe you learned something as well. But, and I think most people can agree, most of those threads go to shit fairly quickly. I can't exactly toss around blame for that... there are many, many times that I've been the instigator, and greatly sped up the "turning to shit" process... like double dose of super-laxative sped up the process.

For all the verbal jabs I throw around, I honestly do appreciate hearing what everyone has to say. But, there isn't really a need for seriousness all the time. This place should be fun. And, believe it or not, it was pathetic Backlash that made me realize that I moved away from that. I even gave him props in the "Grats Vegas" thread. http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=33045

Enough about me and my bullshit. Here's what's important...

I'm only asking one thing: If you're going to keep your multi-page aside with Tisket going, can you at least try to make it entertaining? It's fucking boring... Can you maybe squeeze a little creativity into it? If you can't, and are just going to call each other idiots, then let it go already.

Getting back on topic, I wish there were betting lines for Stanley's next relapse. Once a junkie...

I don't think he should be banned, but I think it's important that people are aware of all of the wonderful things he's said and done during his time here. Appreciating him as a board member is like saying, "He's great to have here... except for those few times when he decided to break in at 3:00 AM and fuck my cat in a bathtub filled with Oreo Cookie crumbs. Other than that, I enjoy him."

Stanley, what worth do you have as an individual? I say zero. The only thing you're good for is donated organs... oh, I forgot! You do IV drugs, so you can't donate.

Have another Klonopin, and celebrate the collective failure that is your life.

Deadelf
06-09-2008, 10:09 AM
Ya got issues Longshot. Don't worry, you'll out grow em. :) Hopefully.

Jim

Warriorbird
06-09-2008, 10:53 AM
I think the Tisket/thefarmer rants would be better if they clarified whether they've ever been married.

BigWorm
06-09-2008, 12:00 PM
Getting back on topic, I wish there were betting lines for Stanley's next relapse. Once a junkie...

Stanley, what worth do you have as an individual? I say zero. The only thing you're good for is donated organs... oh, I forgot! You do IV drugs, so you can't donate.

See, I think this is almost on the level of Stanley mentioning the dead sister. You're actually rooting for him to relapse and die. That's fucked up.

Stanley Burrell
06-09-2008, 12:13 PM

I don't think he should be banned, but I think it's important that people are aware of all of the wonderful things he's said and done during his time here. Appreciating him as a board member is like saying, "He's great to have here... except for those few times when he decided to break in at 3:00 AM and fuck my cat in a bathtub filled with Oreo Cookie crumbs. Other than that, I enjoy him."

This was hysterical and I laughed. Although, to be honest, there's probably people who are somewhat regulars here who've suffered through that shit.

Don't worry man. Every day, I relapse with 20mg of Lexapro. ::gangsigns::

Parkbandit
06-09-2008, 12:16 PM
See, I think this is almost on the level of Stanley mentioning the dead sister. You're actually rooting for him to relapse and die. That's fucked up.

And even you, with your limited grasp of the English language, have figured out that it's not the same with your use of the word "almost".

There may be hope for you afterall.

Stanley Burrell
06-09-2008, 12:21 PM
This message is hidden because Parkbandit is on your ignore list.

Lexapro, muddafucka.

Parkbandit
06-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Heya Paul, Bill, FF, Kai etc and is that Ravenstorm from the old days ie; GEnie days? Empath Ravenstorm of the screen full of alterations? :) I'm sure we'll get to read some nasty comment from Longshot who appears to have some severe angst issues with us socializing.

I was wondering how many posts it would take for you to remind us that you played the game back on GEnie... I had you at more than 10 posts, but under 14... but I think this was the 18th.

Fuck.

Parkbandit
06-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Lexapro, muddafucka.

Hey.. if I was contributing to your clinical depression, the combination of PRESCRIBED drugs and putting me on ignore is just what the Doctor ordered.

Good luck to you Stanley.

CrystalTears
06-09-2008, 12:28 PM
Heh, Jim has always been a name-dropper. It's cute that some things don't change after all these years.

Stanley Burrell
06-09-2008, 12:28 PM
This message is hidden because Parkbandit is on your ignore list.

Omega-3 fatty acids? Hardcore shit. Is what I make in the aquatic disposal unit when I am on these.

Stanley Burrell
06-09-2008, 12:31 PM
Why does Stanley get his own thread and I don't?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYhrCsgHa0k

Stanley Burrell
06-09-2008, 01:40 PM
http://www.loop.ph/twiki/pub/Openloop/OpticalIllusion/optical-illusion-wheels-circles-rotating.png

The fact that your visual cortex is slightly :wtf: at the above image means that you too are addicted to every substance in the universe. And that I know the exact time you will relapse and on what substances it shall be regarding.

Just some FYI Internet fact. LongShot, MikeBandit and myself are all very much the same in that we are seers on par with Ms. Cleo. And we can post on the Internet. Pretty much what this thread has proved.

Tea & Strumpets
06-09-2008, 01:59 PM
I just wish he would shut up instead of replying to himself 15 times per thread. Wading through his drug addled bullshit and/or pathetic attempts at humor are a waste of time when I want to read people calling each other n00bs.

Typical Stainley post:

The blue cow rides the green beans by night. LOL ROFL (insert analogy that fucking blows and isn't even remotely funny here).
-----------

...and then he replies to himself 50 times with more bullshit no one wants to read.

Parkbandit
06-09-2008, 02:15 PM
I just wish he would shut up instead of replying to himself 15 times per thread. Wading through his drug addled bullshit and/or pathetic attempts at humor are a waste of time when I want to read people calling each other n00bs.

Typical Stainley post:

The blue cow rides the green beans by night. LOL ROFL (insert analogy that fucking blows and isn't even remotely funny here).
-----------

...and then he replies to himself 50 times with more bullshit no one wants to read.

N00b.

thefarmer
06-09-2008, 04:12 PM
I think the Tisket/thefarmer rants would be better if they clarified whether they've ever been married.

I have no idea why, but this made me laugh.

Maybe it's the 100+ heat index right now..

Stanley Burrell
06-09-2008, 04:33 PM
I just wish he would shut up

Pick a number. You have the priveledge of echoing such sentiment while you play in the sandbox with your selection of anti-Stanley celebrities like MikeBandit, Nienininininque and ... Xcalibur.

It would be original if you weren't the fiftieth person to make this wonderful, insightful, deliciously fragrant wish/suggestion.

Unfortunately. It amounts to (roughly, give or take) the contents of my body that exited my anus as of at least yesterday and today.

Half of you numbnuts would have a "told-you-so-moment" if I told you relapsed... ....

On Ceclor.

And because I'm not shutting up (WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU GATHER THAT?!?!) and neither are you, or anyone else for that matter; and, since this is an online message board where people type letters into their computer and make them appear on The Internet. I will bust out into my usual several-posts-in-a-row style that makes you constipated, T&S, and hammer the point that much more so by busting out fresh online rapping freestyles. If this thread reaches 200 posts.

So: Push me, pussy.

You've been warned. I've been waiting to rhyme battle on vBulletin since I made this silly-ass userhandle depicting the actual Stanley K. Burrell. And I've got some decent rhymes for bitch asses.

Anyway; please, everyone, continue not to care about me as is evident so that I may wantonly spit raps.

As has been said by a couple others. People find me funny and enjoy my posts and *gasp* don't find them incoherent. Some people, yourself included T&S, echo the wisdom of posters with 24/7 psychic knowledge of my body chemistry with e-fact. Props on not making a thread about banning me because you want me to shut up. That's some serious restraint. Anyway, the people who don't care for me can, you know, get this with their lips.

I am referring to my anus.

P.S. Bump it to 200, I've got some serious text-based rhymes I've been waiting to floss. Don't let me down, people.

Tea & Strumpets
06-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Once again, your pathetic attempt at humor falls flat on it's face.

Although when you said 'anus' twice, I almost cracked up laughing! LOL, anus. Way to pull out the trump card. And then you threatened to rap, lol omg rofl. It's even funnier the 700th time!

Stanley Burrell
06-09-2008, 04:42 PM

Although when you said 'anus' twice, I almost cracked up laughing! LOL, anus. Way to pull out the trump card. And then you threatened to rap, lol omg rofl. It's even funnier the 700th time!

Ignore me you retarded fuck. You want to be so much like them.

Use a copout about how my posts are entertaining with a holier-than-thou pitch, at least.

Stanley Burrell
06-09-2008, 04:43 PM
I don't use acronyms like that T&S. You are quite wrong. As always. Only for your name, which is T&S.

Stanley Burrell
06-09-2008, 04:46 PM

That was the first time I threatened to bust out into raps.

I will freestyle when this post reaches 200 replies. I've got some seriously sick shit. And I sort of miss the days of AOL chat where you could just freestyle with total strangers in real-time. All while not getting beat up for any wack lyrics.

You know what both me and you are doing: Replying to each other.

Tea & Strumpets
06-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Ignore me you retarded fuck. You want to be so much like them.

Use a copout about how my posts are entertaining with a holier-than-thou pitch, at least.

Lump me in with some anonymous group if you have to in order to make you feel better, but really, no one finds your posts humorous, and no one likes you. I usually do leave you alone and ignore your excessive bullshit posting--that's probably why you are under the delusion that some people enjoy your posts and find them humorous, while no one does.

ANUS!

RichardCranium
06-09-2008, 04:47 PM
This thread makes me want to uppercut a punk ass.

And I do find his posts funny.

Stanley Burrell
06-09-2008, 04:49 PM
This thread makes me want to uppercut a punk ass.

And I do find his posts funny.

Most people who don't find me entertaining are the ones in need of uppercutting. I do have some pretty O.K. rhymes if we get to #200.

ANUS!

Finally, a decent post by you.

Back
06-09-2008, 05:10 PM
Lump me in with some anonymous group if you have to in order to make you feel better, but really, no one finds your posts humorous, and no one likes you.

Hmm... you fit right into the anonymous group of people on this board who thinks they speak for everyone.

I enjoy Stan’s posts when they are not malicious or full of genital disease pics. While sometimes they do come off as obscurity for the sake of pretentiousness I believe its more eccentricity. He recently posted a kick ass vid from Doc Oct, Kool Keith and Dan the Automator.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fKipxu_881Q

Tea & Strumpets
06-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Hmm... you fit right into the anonymous group of people on this board who thinks they speak for everyone.

You're quick to put people into groups only because of your own train wreck of a posting experience here. Whatever helps you guys sleep at night.

Fallen
06-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Lump me in with some anonymous group if you have to in order to make you feel better, but really, no one finds your posts humorous, and no one likes you. I usually do leave you alone and ignore your excessive bullshit posting--that's probably why you are under the delusion that some people enjoy your posts and find them humorous, while no one does.

ANUS!

I don't mind Stan much, he makes me laugh on occasion.

Stanley Burrell
06-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Whatever helps you guys sleep at night.

Hardcore drugs. Hasn't this already been established as fact?

6mgs of melatonin...

And even though I don't understand why Backlash adds YouTube music clips to the bottom of his posts, it's as equally important to about anything else this thread has covered.

diethx
06-09-2008, 06:04 PM

^

I like Stan, even if often times i'm reading through an amusing thread and then see him post like 3 times in a row, and I think to myself, "and here comes Stan to kill another great thread..." Because he's good at that, heh.

Stanley Burrell
06-09-2008, 06:07 PM
I killed Killa, B :(

Back
06-09-2008, 06:08 PM
You're quick to put people into groups only because of your own train wreck of a posting experience here. Whatever helps you guys sleep at night.

Au contraire, mon petit chou. It was you with the noose in the parlor when you hung yourself on a bad analogy.

kookiegod
06-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Ya got issues Longshot. Don't worry, you'll out grow em. :) Hopefully.

Jim

Unlikely Jim...

The bottom line here, is Jim, Bill, Angela, John (Barachado), etc, etc., I've met, had dinner with, drinks with, played Settlers, Munchkin, with, chatted with over many years, played GS with, other games, our friendship exists, and heck, since Celtar isn't playing anymore, why call him anything but Jim?

Sorry you don't like it, but sorry bout your damn luck. :)

But since you like to beat people up, here is a good video, and relates to the above quote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DHoRSf2Pyc

Enjoy!

~Paul

Celephais
06-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Stanley is good people. This forum would be done a grave injustice to have him removed.

Bobmuhthol
06-09-2008, 08:18 PM
We know about your history with Ilvane, dude. All she does is delete posts about you whenever she feels that they don't make you look good.

Alfster
06-09-2008, 08:31 PM
Come on Bob, stop messing with him, you'll lose.

diethx
06-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Come on Bob, stop messing with him, you'll lose.

I never ever get sick of that.

Alfster
06-09-2008, 09:29 PM
I don't think I can get sick of it either.

LMingrone
06-09-2008, 09:39 PM
This thread needs the new facepalm....the headdown.

http://i29.tinypic.com/28rnkh3.gif

Apathy
06-09-2008, 10:19 PM
I'm just posting so I can see Stanley freestyle.

DCSL
06-09-2008, 10:58 PM
I'll admit to morbid curiosity.

Nieninque
06-10-2008, 02:37 AM
Unlikely Jim...

The bottom line here, is Jim, Bill, Angela, John (Barachado), etc, etc., I've met, had dinner with, drinks with, played Settlers, Munchkin, with, chatted with over many years, played GS with, other games, our friendship exists, and heck, since Celtar isn't playing anymore, why call him anything but Jim?

But since you like to beat people up, here is a good video, and relates to the above quote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DHoRSf2Pyc

Enjoy!

~Paul

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh95/Auwyn/overlord3.jpg

thefarmer
06-10-2008, 02:48 AM

Same here.

radamanthys
06-10-2008, 04:00 AM
So it seems the whole "Noone likes stan; he's not funny" argument is put right into the 'aquatic disposal unit'.

radamanthys
06-10-2008, 04:01 AM
I'm just posting so I can see Stanley freestyle.

Yea, the freestyling is sure to be something.

Sean of the Thread
06-10-2008, 04:22 AM
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh95/Auwyn/overlord3.jpg

rofl

bump

Tisket
06-10-2008, 05:17 AM
Unlikely Jim...

Enjoy!

~Paul

Jesus, do you even realize what a self-important little prick you sound like?

Sean of the Thread
06-10-2008, 05:22 AM
Jesus, do you even realize what a self-important little prick you sound like?

He's not quite so self-important anymore. Can't keep skank girls now that his services have been terminated.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b236/Japgross/BETH.jpg

thefarmer
06-10-2008, 05:24 AM
>out
[Wehnimer's, Outside Gate]
Citizens, merchants and assorted dregs of society jostle against you before the great wooden gates of Wehnimer's Landing. Harried guards and militiamen try to keep the chaos to a minimum, but it is hard to keep track of those entering, let alone leaving, this large trading post. A dirt path encircling the wooden palisade of the town leads east and southwest. Nailed prominently to the wooden wall beside the gate is a sign you really should read. You also see a Wayside Inn.
Also here: Celtar
Obvious paths: north, east, southwest, northwest
>l celtar
You see Celtar.
He appears to be a Vaalor Elf.
He is tall and appears to be as old as the hills. He has brooding sea green eyes and tanned skin. He has very long, silky white hair worn in a ponytail. He has a delicate face, an aquiline nose and high cheekbones.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a wide-brimmed dark leather hat, a multi-hued parrot feather earring, a gold-bound black diamond amulet, a tan leather hooded cloak, a veniom-bound black alloy buckler slung over his shoulder, a leather bandolier, a low-slung leather axe-sheath, a studded leather cuirass, some tanned leather half-gloves, a tooled wide leather belt, a rugged troll hide loot sack, a tooled leather field kit, some dark heavy leather breeches, and some rugged dark leather boots.
>stare celtar
You stare at Celtar.
>chortle
You chortle.
>go inn
[Wayside Inn, Dining Room]
This ramshackle hostel bears the signs of rough use by hard-bitten travellers and headstrong adventurers. Several blade-scarred tables and low stools are lined up against the walls, while the central area is dominated by a large firepit around which is a low platform covered with a few ratty bearskins. The clatter of clay tankards and the smell of humble victuals provide some small comfort to the steady stream of wayfarers who pause here to meet and greet one another. You also see some inviting tables and a steep stair.
Obvious exits: south, out
>exit

What happened to not playing anymore?

thefarmer
06-10-2008, 05:36 AM
He's not quite so self-important anymore. Can't keep skank girls now that his services have been terminated.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b236/Japgross/BETH.jpg

I still don't understand the Beth thing. I've seen worse/uglier pics of people playing GS.

Kuyuk
06-10-2008, 06:47 AM
Wow this thread is completely worthless now.

K.

Martaigne
06-10-2008, 07:28 AM
In for post #200, just to see this shit culminate.

Daniel
06-10-2008, 07:34 AM
I agree. Ban PB

^^

Parkbandit
06-10-2008, 09:10 AM

Either you have serious math issues, or 10 posts have been deleted.

Xaerve
06-10-2008, 09:22 AM
Or both!

CrystalTears
06-10-2008, 09:26 AM
Or he's adding a post to the thread's post count in order to see Stanley's breakdown when it gets to 200.

Xaerve
06-10-2008, 09:29 AM
I really want to be post #200 now, bad...

Parkbandit
06-10-2008, 09:34 AM
Or he's adding a post to the thread's post count in order to see Stanley's breakdown when it gets to 200.

I didn't anticipate him sucking at English.

Skeeter
06-10-2008, 09:51 AM
maybe english is a 2nd language.

Martaigne
06-10-2008, 10:44 AM

CT FTW!

Woman's Intuition > PB's Logic

I didn't anticipate him sucking at English.

I don't suck at English, you suck at comprehending it. Or maybe you're too old to understand intarweb terminology. "In" meaning I marked the thread with a post so I come back to check it later.

What'd I do to put a kink in your g-string, Douchey McTwatwaffle?

Clove
06-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Don't take PB personally... all the heat is just giving him diaper rash.

Martaigne
06-10-2008, 10:57 AM
Depends. Haha.

Post #200, let's see this flow, Stan.

Parkbandit
06-10-2008, 11:06 AM
CT FTW!

Woman's Intuition > PB's Logic

Ah.. so you need woman's intuition to know what you meant to say. Check.

I don't suck at English, you suck at comprehending it. Or maybe you're too old to understand intarweb terminology. "In" meaning I marked the thread with a post so I come back to check it later.

What'd I do to put a kink in your g-string, Douchey McTwatwaffle?

My apologies.. my retardese is a bit rusty since I skip over Stanley's posts. So "In for post #200" now means "I've marked this thread with this post so I can come back and check it later and post the 200th post"

Double check.

CrystalTears
06-10-2008, 11:09 AM
I think my title needs to be given to you instead.

Parkbandit
06-10-2008, 11:10 AM
I think my title needs to be given to you instead.

I'm fine with that.. if you let me choose the replacement title for you

:P

CrystalTears
06-10-2008, 11:15 AM
LOL! I can't wait.

radamanthys
06-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Depends. Haha.

Post #200, let's see this flow, Stan.

Yea. Lets hear you roll it out.

Martaigne
06-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Ah.. so you need woman's intuition to know what you meant to say. Check.

No, but evidently YOU do. :)

My apologies.. my retardese is a bit rusty since I skip over Stanley's posts. So "In for post #200" now means "I've marked this thread with this post so I can come back and check it later and post the 200th post"

Double check.

Yes, but it's more shorthand than retardese. Look over in the Politics subforum for some great examples of retardese. But that's okay, an apology isn't necessary. :) I know coping with old age can make one irritable. I forgive you.

radamanthys
06-10-2008, 12:13 PM
Someone should give out faction points for the PC.

longshot
06-10-2008, 01:50 PM

Have you heard of this idea of parallelism when constructing a sentence in the English language? Obviously not...

As for your clip, I can't say I'm surprised that you enjoy wrestling. I loved wrestling too... when I was 11.

I'm guessing you were born around eight weeks early.

I'm sorry about my luck too. I wish you would have enough awareness to conform to how other posters address each other on the board, or use U2Us, or anything that wouldn't involve you tossing out a bunch of first names like an asshole.

Stanley Burrell
06-10-2008, 02:02 PM
THIS SHIT FUCKING RESET ON ME, GODAMMIT.

Here we go anyway:

I'm a text-based entity with some serious game,
I put all the other rappers on this forum to shame.
I don't think there're any other rappers that come to name,
Please, don't kick my fragile frame.

I had a longer freestyle ready to shoot,
But I lost that shit because computer had to reboot.

Now,
Some may say these rhymes are ills,
'Cause they e-diagnosed me for taking hypothetical pills.

(Black dude in the background says, "Here we go now...")

CHORUS (c'mon, 2x):

STAIIIINLEY,

Off-topic hypothetical tangents,
Off-topic hypothetical tangents Uh!
Off-topic hypothetical tangents Uh-uh!
Off-topic hypothetical tangents What...
Off-topic hypothetical tangents What-what!

PC '08 until infinity. Rhyming words like turds 'til Monks drop.

::points up and thanks God for some award, says a million names of people I knew growing up in the ghetto::

My first freestyle was so much better. The backup vocals were kickass, too. Fuck Vista.

Stanley Burrell
06-10-2008, 02:04 PM
Fuck that sucks. My first one was so much better. I had, like, at least twice as many words. I guess the Internet can't handle these rhymes and I've gotta kick it softcore for a bitch-ass.

This is terrible.

longshot
06-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Fuck that sucks. My first one was so much better. I had, like, at least twice as many words. I guess the Internet can't handle these rhymes and I've gotta kick it softcore for a bitch-ass.

This is terrible.

Seeing how anything you do depreciates with greater acceleration the longer it goes, it's not fair to say that twice as many words would mean it sucks twice as much.

It much more likely to mean it sucks three or four times as much.

There's a fire somewhere waiting for you to die in. Go find it!

Stanley Burrell
06-10-2008, 02:14 PM
Yeah. You're right.

Alright.

Beats is tight.

Got in a fight.

Turn off the light.

My shit was mad white.

Stanley Burrell
06-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Someone give me a word.

Stanley Burrell
06-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Actually. Better yet, no one give me a word. I don't need this sort of encouragement.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
06-10-2008, 02:19 PM
THIS SHIT FUCKING RESET ON ME, GODAMMIT.

Here we go anyway:

I'm a text-based entity with some serious game,
I put all the other rappers on this forum to shame.
I don't think there're any other rappers that come to name,
Please, don't kick my fragile frame.

I had a longer freestyle ready to shoot,
But I lost that shit because computer had to reboot.

Now,
Some may say these rhymes are ills,
'Cause they e-diagnosed me for taking hypothetical pills.

(Black dude in the background says, "Here we go now...")

CHORUS (c'mon, 2x):

STAIIIINLEY,

Off-topic hypothetical tangents Uh!
Off-topic hypothetical tangents Uh-uh!
Off-topic hypothetical tangents What...
Off-topic hypothetical tangents What-what!

PC '08 until infinity. Rhyming words like turds 'til Monks drop.

::points up and thanks God for some award, says a million names of people I knew growing up in the ghetto::

My first freestyle was so much better. The backup vocals were kickass, too. Fuck Vista.

Word.

(and yes you do need encouragement)

Warriorbird
06-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Stanley = Cam'ron.

http://grandgood.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/042507_dontblamehh.jpg

http://www.ohword.com/gallery2/691/camrons-rhyme-book-found

Stanley Burrell
06-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Stanley = Cam'ron.

http://grandgood.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/042507_dontblamehh.jpg

http://www.ohword.com/gallery2/691/camrons-rhyme-book-found

That. Is the most insulting thing anyone has ever posted about me.

Ma$e would be a step up.

Warriorbird
06-10-2008, 02:26 PM
He's entertaining! Killa Season is one of the most unintentionally funny movies ever made.

If you want to remove the perception you need to step your coherency up and your random insults on people's dead sisters down.

Stanley Burrell
06-10-2008, 02:27 PM
I noticed that too. Maybe I can make a Christian Rap and all shall be forgiven.

Warriorbird
06-10-2008, 02:33 PM
"Nas I'll take your daughter to R. Kelly's place and/we'll have our way all over her face."
-Cam'ron

Notice any similarities?

Occasionally a line needs to be drawn. I'd apologize to Nein and Sean2 so that our right to freely insult each other on the PC isn't eroded. Parkbandit would be happier too (stupid thread or no).

Stanley Burrell
06-10-2008, 02:37 PM
You draw an excellent point, hypothesis, conclusion, theory, and law.

As such, I will not act like Cam'ron.

Thank you, WB, for showing me the light. Damn, that's hardcore, but you're right. You're fucking right. Man. I have to think about this.

Me
06-10-2008, 02:46 PM
Hi Jim! This whole Thread is pretty silly so I am just saying hi. See PB Jim actually took me to dinner when he lived in Denver I can't even get you to take me to lunch!!

Zanti/Zilana/Peg

Tisket
06-10-2008, 02:48 PM
wtf

Tisket
06-10-2008, 03:03 PM
Am I the only one who isn't comfortable using someones real name on a public forum like this? For instance, I've known Bob's real name for four years but I'd feel stupid calling him Alex in a post, even though most would know who I meant.

And I would just feel like a pretentious idiot to do it with more obscure, less high profile posters. Noone cares that you know someone's name but it would be nice to not have to figure out who the fuck you are addressing in your post so please, please use the handles people are familiar with.

Skeeter
06-10-2008, 03:06 PM
Yeah, Bruce outed me on another board, that raging douchebag.

CrystalTears
06-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Am I the only one who isn't comfortable using someones real name on a public forum like this? For instance, I've known Bob's real name for four years but I'd feel stupid calling him Alex in a post, even though most would know who I meant.

And I would just feel like a pretentious idiot to do it with more obscure, less high profile posters. Noone cares that you know someone's name but it would be nice to not have to figure out who the fuck you are addressing in your post so please, please use the handles people are familiar with.
QFT

I've never liked when people name drop because they OMG KNOW THEM OUTSIDE OF THE BOARDS! So do I. However I address them as their forum handle when referring to them, not their real name. If they wanted to have their real name used, they'll use it for their handle, imo.

How you know each other in real name doesn't interest me, nor do I care. Just seems like it's someone giving themselves more importance by showing how well they know someone else, when all it does is frustrate those are trying to follow along. If you don't want people to follow along with your cliquey talk, take it to IMs since you're SUCH GOOD BUDDIES!

RichardCranium
06-10-2008, 03:09 PM

I wouldn't care, but I have my name in my signature. And I wouldn't use a name of a poster unless it was in their signature. But I also don't feel like it's pretentious or anything like that, either.

Word.

Sean
06-10-2008, 03:10 PM
My name may or may not be Sean.

Tisket
06-10-2008, 03:13 PM
I wouldn't care, but I have my name in my signature. And I wouldn't use a name of a poster unless it was in their signature. But I also don't feel like it's pretentious or anything like that, either.

I have a problem when it makes it hard to figure out who someone is talking to/about. I still don't know who the fuck "Jim" is.

RichardCranium
06-10-2008, 03:13 PM
I also agree with what CT said about it being confusing if you're trying to follow a thread. More confusing than normal, I mean.

Edited to add: And Tisket too.

thefarmer
06-10-2008, 03:20 PM
QFT

I've never liked when people name drop because they OMG KNOW THEM OUTSIDE OF THE BOARDS! So do I. However I address them as their forum handle when referring to them, not their real name. If they wanted to have their real name used, they'll use it for their handle, imo.

How you know each other in real name doesn't interest me, nor do I care. Just seems like it's someone giving themselves more importance by showing how well they know someone else, when all it does is frustrate those are trying to follow along. If you don't want people to follow along with your cliquey talk, take it to IMs since you're SUCH GOOD BUDDIES!

I don't call anyone by their real names even in IM's, much less the boards. Partially it's because I don't really associate them with their RL name,(outside of maybe one or two people) but with their character name. I will admit that some of it is because I have a bad memory for names, so sometimes it's just a matter of forgetting it.

thefarmer
06-10-2008, 03:21 PM
My name may or may not be Sean.

Generate Your Wu-Name

Enter your Name:Sean

Sean from this day forward
you will also be known as Fanatical Ambassador

thefarmer
06-10-2008, 03:23 PM
And hell.. since I'm at the site..

Generate Your Wu-Name

Enter your Name: Stanley

Stanley from this day forward
you will also be known as Jolly Genius

Me
06-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Well he did sign his post Jim so I felt ok using it. I don't use PB's real name. And I sign mine in my signature so I don't mind if people use it. And sometimes I know people by many tags. PB is Stabber, Falgrin, Baine, Bullnuts etc.

Zanti/Zilana/Peg

thefarmer
06-10-2008, 03:28 PM
Well he did sign his post Jim so I felt ok using it. I don't use PB's real name. And I sign mine in my signature so I don't mind if people use it. And sometimes I know people by many tags. PB is Stabber, Falgrin, Baine, Bullnuts etc.

Zanti/Zilana/Peg

Bullnuts?

EDIT: NO. NEVER MIND. I DON"T WANT TO KNOW.

Me
06-10-2008, 03:28 PM
His druid.

Zanti/Zilana/Peg

CrystalTears
06-10-2008, 03:31 PM
Yeah I'm guilty of using people's game characters here, and then I catch myself and stop because it isn't fair to other people trying to keep up. I don't want to have to explain who Dar, Nelek, Spade, or Dimar is.

Me
06-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Bullnuts?

EDIT: NO. NEVER MIND. I DON"T WANT TO KNOW.

Heh sorry didn't notice how that would read my bad!

longshot
06-10-2008, 04:26 PM
And sometimes I know people by many tags.

But we don't know those tags, you egocentric cunt.

Sean
06-10-2008, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by TheFarmer
Generate Your Wu-Name

Enter your Name:Sean

Sean from this day forward
you will also be known as Fanatical Ambassador

In the words on the RZA .. bong bong

Trouble
06-10-2008, 04:34 PM

Where did that attack come from?

Nieninque
06-10-2008, 04:38 PM

Easy tiger...

longshot
06-10-2008, 05:03 PM
Okay... the c-word is too strong. My bad.

But seriously. How are we supposed to know who the hell is being referred to? Hence my post on using U2Us.

Stop being dumb.

Latrinsorm
06-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Someone should give out faction points for the PC.We had a funny team thing once. Now we have a stupid, shitty team thing that doesn't make any God damn sense.

Sean
06-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by Douchey McJesus

We had a funny team thing once. Now we have a stupid, shitty team thing that doesn't make any God damn sense.

Thats what happens when you align yourself with Xcalibur.

Some Rogue
06-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Thats what happens when you align yourself with Xcalibur.

Isn't that known as the Axis of Ignorance?

Parkbandit
06-10-2008, 05:54 PM

Zanti/Zilana/Peg

Actually.. it's Bullchip.. you dirty ol' lady.

longshot
06-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Isn't that known as the Axis of Ignorance?

Le Axis of Ignorance

Latrinsorm
06-10-2008, 08:35 PM
It was still funny at least. A guy calling his own teammate Major Masturbator or wtfever it was? Good times.

And I remember being converted to the Ladies' Team anyway (A PORTENT OF THINGS TO COME???).

Parkbandit
06-10-2008, 08:59 PM
It was still funny at least. A guy calling his own teammate Major Masturbator or wtfever it was? Good times.

And I remember being converted to the Ladies' Team anyway (A PORTENT OF THINGS TO COME???).

I've always considered you one of the girls on this forum.

PS - I apologize to all the girls on this forum.