PDA

View Full Version : Official Website.

Kranar
06-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Link to the official website for The Lich Project is:

http://lichproject.org/ (http://lichproject.org)
(http://lichproject.org)

Joseph
07-30-2009, 10:48 AM
This should probably be updated with an option for the website for Tillman's lich http://fluffycow.comoj.com/board/index.php

Asrial
11-02-2009, 08:50 PM
I'm looking to investigate a Windows 7 and Lich issue.. what's the difference between these two?

Alorn15
11-02-2009, 10:46 PM
One of them is well-supported and popular, and the other one might not even work anymore. (Tillmen's is the former.) Also, I'm using windows 7 and didn't have any issues with the install using SpiffyJr's installer, look for it on (I believe) the second page in this forum.

Asrial
11-02-2009, 11:08 PM
Okay, thanks Alorn :)

SpiffyJr
11-03-2009, 09:50 AM
http://lichproject.com

Shaelun
11-09-2009, 11:38 AM
I'm looking to investigate a Windows 7 and Lich issue.. what's the difference between these two?

The last version of Lich I released, v3.57, is a compiled executable that uses an embedded version of Ruby. Tillmen's versions are Ruby scripts themselves.

More plainly, v3.57 and earlier start their own copy of Ruby and run scripts within it, pulling the strings of Ruby like a puppeteer. Anything after that runs within Ruby and uses Ruby to run not only itself, but also the scripts. From a user perspective, the latter is more desirable (but was infinitely more boring to program, which is why I switched how things worked around version 3.0.) Tillmen basically runs the project now; I just don't have time for it anymore, and I'm glad he decided to take it up. That's one of the reasons I made it open source to begin with.

v3.57 and earlier work just fine, but since Tillmen and most users write scripts to work with the most recent copies, most newer scripts are probably unusable in my older versions.

Lady Clov4
03-26-2010, 12:37 PM
im new to these to sites, i have psinet running now, and i love the maps
i tried to dl lich, deleted psinet like it said do then redownloaded it after i dl lich but i couldnt get it to work, so i did a go back on my computer to get back to just psinet. i have windows 7 im sorry but i am dumb to this, i just enought to get me in trouble. but whats the difference in these 2 and can they work together or do i need them to work together or just need 1 i hear people talking about lich all the time but i dont know how to get it to work
is there anyone that could help me out with this later tonight

Kuyuk
03-26-2010, 12:58 PM
lady clove?? clove has a woman(?), and she posts here as his lady? ahahaha.

Lady Clov4
03-26-2010, 01:19 PM
i love Truffles!!

and its clov no e

Lady Clov4
04-04-2010, 09:55 PM
i am still having problems with downloading the lich, i uninstalled sge and psinet and lich then reinstalled sge and lich, i unzipped it and it has 2 items come up the folder with scripts and the lich.rbw, and when i double click on the lich.rbw it says it can open it cause it dont know what program is needed to open it so i go to website to find what i need to open it then it has me download something i need to buy for unknown file types so i am stuck, maybe i need to do like it was said in another thread about taking it out of my registry but i dont know how to do that if someone could please take time and hold my hand and help me throught this i would sure appreciate it, does it have anything to do with having windows 7? please someone help, i like the psinet but i dont want to download it again until i have this dl right,
thanks for any help

Drevihyin
04-04-2010, 10:11 PM
When you say "I unzipped it" I'm assuming that you extracted it, this was where I made the big no no when I started using Lich.

Nilandia
04-04-2010, 10:11 PM
Did you download and install Ruby? That's the programming language Lich uses to run and a link to it is on the Lich download page.

Gretchen

Lady Clov4
04-04-2010, 10:33 PM
no i didnt ok let me go do that i thought it was an either or do i need to uninstall the lich then re install after the ruby is done dl
thank you thank you

Drevihyin
04-04-2010, 10:39 PM
http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=47419

Lady Clov4
04-05-2010, 08:46 AM
thank you for your help that fixed it
is there someplace that i can go to read the scripts and see what they do and what they look like thats not in the game, andis there a place i can go and read about how the lich works or is it all in the game?
i tried what i was told in game but the script didnt show it just told who made it.

Drevihyin
04-05-2010, 09:14 AM
;repo help is a good start
:lnet help...

Deathravin
04-05-2010, 09:33 AM
;help
;lnet help
;repo help

good scripts to start with:
;narost
;uberbar (newly updated!)
;xp
;keepalive

I use ;bestiary and ;krakii a lot... I hear a lot of Gib's and Spiffy's scripts are pretty good.

Anebriated
05-10-2010, 03:26 PM
alright so i screwed something up along the way while installing lich on my new laptop. I apparently disconnected myself from lnet and now it requires a password to get back on.

>
--- Lich: lnet active.
--- Lich: updater active.
--- Lich: infomon active.
[lnet: To attempt to log in with a different password, type: ;lnet password=<password>]
[lnet: connection lost]
[lnet: waiting 298 seconds before trying to reconnect...]

this also spams my screen every 5 seconds or so

[lnet: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.]
C:/Program Files (x86)/Ruby-1.8.6/lib/ruby/1.8/openssl/buffering.rb:178:in `syswrite'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Ruby-1.8.6/lib/ruby/1.8/openssl/buffering.rb:178:in `do_write'
* Zarston returns home from a hard day of adventuring.

brinkclan
05-24-2010, 07:09 PM
i don't get how to use the majority of the lich scripts.... the ones shown on the website I can't use like keepalive, that doesnt seem to be on mine

pabstblueribbon
05-24-2010, 07:18 PM
If you upgrade to lich ultra with just three easy payments of $19.95 you can type ;repos download keepalive and be the envy of your friends!
Click now to pay with paypal!

pabstblueribbon
05-24-2010, 07:22 PM
If you upgrade to lich ultra with just three easy payments of $19.95 you can type ;repos download keepalive and be the envy of your friends!
Click now to pay with paypal!

Act now! Ultra Lich now comes with BIGASSED FRIES!!

For a limited time only.

Alorn15
06-09-2010, 12:41 AM
Heh, I just noticed that the original link was updated to say lichproject.org, but the link itself goes to sourceforge.

daeler33
06-10-2010, 06:00 PM
got everything installed hit lich rbw and it came up but when I type my username and password and hit connect it shuts down any help here?

Tillmen
06-10-2010, 06:04 PM
There is should be a file name debug-#.txt in a folder named temp in the lich folder. It might give you an idea what went wrong.

I'd guess that lich was extracted to somewhere that it doesn't have write permissions, in which case there would be no temp folder, no debug file, and no launch file needed to launch the game.

daeler33
06-10-2010, 10:08 PM
so how do I fix that? extract to a different area?

Alorn15
06-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Yes. Extract the files before running them.

audioserf
07-23-2010, 04:49 PM
Problem folks... as of this log-on, I get this error if I try to run Uberbar or any go2:

Exception: C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/lich-4.1.30/lich/lich.rbw:4262:in `load': marshal data too short
uberbar:113:in `start_script'

This was working fine an hour ago. All I did was log off, do some other stuff, then log back on and now it's shot. I tried rebooting my PC; nada. Any help? :( I miss my Lich. I can't play GS right now, I'm hobbled without go2...

Tillmen
07-23-2010, 04:53 PM
Your map database got corrupted somehow. type:
;updater update forcemap

audioserf
07-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Thanks for replying Tillmen. So okay... tried that... it runs and then gives me that error again.
edit: I moved my Lich from desktop to My Documents, I read in another thread that having it on the desktop can cause problems.

;updater update forcemap
s>
Speaking quietly to Queleri, Meeshach says, "From your lips to my ears."
s>
Queleri gestures.
Queleri stands taller, as if bolstered with a sense of confidence.
s>
[updater: downloading map database...]
[updater: backing up map.dat to map.dat.gz]
[updater: writing map.dat...]
[updater: map.dat has been updated]
[updater: failed to update map.dat. (marshal data too short)]
--- Exception: marshal data too short
C:/Users/Owner/Documents/lich-4.1.30/lich/lich.rbw:4262:in `load'
--- Lich: updater has exited.

audioserf
07-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Okay, it gets stranger: my Shattered newbie has NO problems. It's only my Prime character that has this happening. :( Any other ideas, Tillmen? ;updater update forcemap isn't fixing it, and from my searching in the Lich folder, it worked for everyone eles getting the marshal data error. This blows.

EDIT: Fixed it. Manually deleted the 0kb map.dat file, ran updater, problem solved. Thanks for your time Tillmen.

kookiegod
08-11-2010, 03:15 AM
hmmmm is the lich website down? gonna be on my laptop for a week and cannot live without this anymore...

~Paul

Rolton-Sammich
08-11-2010, 03:51 AM
.com or .org? lichproject.org is working fine for me. As for lichproject.com:

I'm letting LichProject.com expire and Tillmen is going to take the domain. I will not be transferring any of the content from the site. If you want something off of there I suggest you save it by 08/02/2010.

P.S. I'm a cheap bastard.

(http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=54327)

Deathravin
08-13-2010, 04:32 PM

Gotta calm your dad down man.

Kroderis
11-07-2010, 12:22 PM
deleted

Deathravin
11-11-2010, 01:44 PM

Deathravin
12-06-2010, 02:21 PM
Link to the official website for The Lich Project is:

[ URL="http://lichproject.sourceforge.net/home.php" ]http://lichproject.org/[ /URL ]
[ URL="http://lichproject.sourceforge.net/home.php"] [/URL ]

You know, the link SAYS lichproject.org, but it's still pointing to the sourceforge.

Kranar
03-17-2011, 05:51 PM
Updated the link.

phantasm
03-17-2011, 11:23 PM
Hi Kranar.

Drunken Durfin
10-29-2011, 06:39 PM
Computer crashed while I am on the road...kharma.

Anywho, reinstalling everything and I followed the steps for Windows 7 / Wizard on the website. The Lich game entry connects and pulls up Ifor, but when I click play the window just closes and nothing else happens. I can log in fine with the SGE. I just wondering if there is a step that is missing from the website.

EDIT:

Yup. You should add "if it don't work, click on the INSTALL tab on the launcher and hit the "restart as admin" button.

Tillmen
10-29-2011, 06:42 PM
Computer crashed while I am on the road...kharma.

Anywho, reinstalling everything and I followed the steps for Windows 7 / Wizard on the website. The Lich game entry connects and pulls up Ifor, but when I click play the window just closes and nothing else happens. I can log in fine with the SGE. I just wondering if there is a step that is missing from the website.

What does the debug file in the temp folder say?

Drunken Durfin
10-29-2011, 07:20 PM
Looks like you missed my EDIT on that post for the fix.

What does the debug file in the temp folder say?

There are several.

First one:

info: Sat Oct 29 18:23:34 -0400 2011
info: Lich 4.3.2
info: Ruby 1.8.7
info: i386-mingw32
info: $lich_dir: C:/GS/lich-4.3.2/lich/
info: $script_dir: C:/GS/lich-4.3.2/lich/scripts/
info: $data_dir: C:/GS/lich-4.3.2/lich/data/
info: $temp_dir: C:/GS/lich-4.3.2/lich/temp/
info: HAVE_GTK: true
info: no launch file given
info: no force-mode info given
failed to read value 'RealCommand' from key 'command'
C:/GS/lich-4.3.2/lich/lich.rbw:7748:in `registry_get'
C:/GS/lich-4.3.2/lich/lich.rbw:467
info: gamehost: storm.gs4.game.play.net
info: gameport: 10324
info: game: WIZ
info: launcher_cmd: "C:\PROGRA~2\SIMU\Launcher.exe" C:\GS\lich-4.3.2\lich\temp\lich5696.sal
info: waiting for client to connect...
error: timeout waiting for client to connect
info: exiting...

Next four are the same, then this:

info: Sat Oct 29 18:40:49 -0400 2011
C:/GS/lich-4.3.2/lich/lich.rbw:7748:in `registry_get'
C:/GS/lich-4.3.2/lich/lich.rbw:467
info: launcher_cmd: "C:\PROGRA~2\SIMU\Launcher.exe" C:\GS\lich-4.3.2\lich\temp\lich4304.sal

Then this interesting one:

info: Sat Oct 29 18:41:08 -0400 2011
C:/GS/lich-4.3.2/lich/lich.rbw:1502:in `exit': exit
from C:/GS/lich-4.3.2/lich/lich.rbw:1502
from C:/GS/lich-4.3.2/lich/lich.rbw:2545:in `call'
from C:/GS/lich-4.3.2/lich/lich.rbw:2545:in `main'
from C:/GS/lich-4.3.2/lich/lich.rbw:2545

And the last:

info: Sat Oct 29 18:41:28 -0400 2011
lich.rbw:7748:in `registry_get'
lich.rbw:467
info: launcher_cmd: "C:\PROGRA~2\SIMU\Launcher.exe" C:\GS\lich-4.3.2\lich\temp\lich6210.sal
info: connected
info: connecting to game server (storm.gs4.game.play.net:10324)
info: connected
info: stopping scripts...
info: saving script data...
info: closing connections...
info: exiting...

Tillmen
10-29-2011, 07:38 PM
I'd start by putting Lich in your Documents folder. In theory, Lich shouldn't have been able to create those debug files unless you disabled UAC or set Ruby to run as admin or sommething else weird.

The last debug file seems to say you connected fine. Did it really? The first timeout makes sense, because the Simu Launcher would have had to download the frontend installer, and Lich doesn't wait long enough for that. I'm not sure why it would keep timing out after that.

Goretawn
12-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Does anyone else have the issue of it not saving active spell information? I finish spelling up, type in ;magic the night before and I have at least an hour of my spells. I log out, log on the next day and poof, all spell info is gone. SPELLS ACTIVE still shows they are up, but lich is not tracking it.

I also have the -Your Gift of Lumnis cycle will begin when you next learn from an experience.- line in ;magic, but I burned through it already and not due to pop up for another 4-5 days.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

tokeinc
12-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Do you have multiple Ruby processes running? That was always the cause of any ;magic tracking issues I've experienced.

Goretawn
12-11-2011, 10:29 PM
No, nothing else that is ruby is running. Just Lich

n00bied00bied0
12-17-2011, 12:03 PM
And for a new query. Bal recommended reinstalling lich and I did but I still can't get lnet to work in shattered, even though it works fine in prime. This is the error I get when I try to login to shattered with my only character (been out of game a few months and had to reinstall everything) and I don't recall ever having a password for lich/lnet

>
--- Lich: lnet active.
--- Lich: infomon active.
>

If you have forgotten your password, and you have set an e-mail address for password recovery, send an e-mail to lichnet@lichproject.org with the subject "reset GSF:<name>"

To attempt to log in with a different password, type: ;lnet password=<password>

[server]: "incorrect password"
--- Lich: lnet has exited.
--- Lich: updater has exited.
>

doughal
04-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Out of curiosity, is there any way to access the repo outside of the game? I'm not at home right now and I'd love to grab a script off the repo to look at the code and do a little learning while I have a few minutes.

DaCapn
04-04-2013, 07:58 PM
Out of curiosity, is there any way to access the repo outside of the game? I'm not at home right now and I'd love to grab a script off the repo to look at the code and do a little learning while I have a few minutes.

Look for the repogui thread. I can't remember who did it but they had a website with a script browser.

SpiffyJr
04-04-2013, 08:02 PM
Look for the repogui thread. I can't remember who did it but they had a website with a script browser.

That was me, and it's been brought down since then.

StrayRogue
05-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Just tried to install Lich and Wizard on my home PC (Windows 7). Everytime it comes to open the game and download the Wizard, it just hangs. Is this an issue with Wizard being old and incompatible? Please tell me I don't have to use StormFront...

StrayRogue
05-01-2013, 02:17 PM
Never mind, sorted it.

Junniper
05-26-2013, 12:25 AM
I am freely admitting to sucking at the inner workings of my computer and even ubersucking with my brand new Mac. I had no problems getting lich on my PC. Even I figured it out with no help. But even after reading the instructions over and over for Lich with Avalon I have no idea what to do. I don't know even where to put in > sudo ruby lich.rbw --gemstone --avalon
sudo ruby lich.rbw --gemstone --platinum --avalon
sudo ruby lich.rbw --shattered --avalon

Nor where to put in any of this >
<string>GS3</string>
<string>GSF</string>
<string>GS4D</string>

Find the following two lines:

<string>GemStone IV</string>
<string>GemStone IV Development</string>

So basically... is there somewhere a Lich for Mac for Dummies somewhere? In particular someone brand new to Mac?

Arggg and help haven't played in days now.

Thanks for any help I miss my Lich!

Renee aka Junniper et. al.

Liagala
09-14-2014, 05:58 PM
I have no idea what's going on here. I'm trying to install Stormfront, then lich afterward. This computer has never had lich, ruby, or stormfront installed on it, so I know there are no remnants hanging around from the past. I went to Simu's site and downloaded the InchInst file that's supposed to install the launcher. I ran it, and got the error in the attached picture. How is there a lich error when I haven't even started installing it yet? When I click Okay to this error the entire install just closes. The lich website says to install launcher first, but launcher errors without lich. Wat do? (windows 7, not sure what other details matter)

Tillmen
09-14-2014, 06:26 PM
Well.. um.. it sure looks like Ruby and Lich were installed.

Anyway, to install the Simu Launcher, you're going to have to uninstall Lich from the registry. Install Ruby if needed, double-click on lich.rbw, go to the install tab, and click uninstall.

Liagala
09-14-2014, 06:49 PM
I'm apparently an idiot. Nothing to see here folks, move along...

(thanks Tillmen!)

zoraster
01-28-2016, 12:25 PM
Hi, coming back after a while gone and i can't get my lich to connect to anything. I get messages like:

[lnet: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. - connect(2)]
lnet:78:in `initialize'
lnet:78:in `open'
[lnet: NilClass is not a valid input stream. It must walk
like either a String, an IO, or a Source.]
E:/Ruby200/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rexml/source.rb:22:in `create_from'
E:/Ruby200/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rexml/parsers/baseparser.rb:127:in `stream='
[lnet: connection lost]
[lnet: waiting 298 seconds before trying to reconnect...]

I've tried uninstalling then reinstalling ruby as well as downloading the latest lich, but neither seemed to solve the problem.

I'm hoping this is just me being stupid and missing something, but if anyone has an idea of what I can do to fix this, please let me know!

Whirlin
01-28-2016, 12:40 PM
Have you logged into Gemstone Manually before trying to use Lich?
Are you running in administrative mode?
Did you follow the entire install guide thing?
Did you piss off Tillmen to the point that he manually banned you from all of his goodies?

zoraster
01-28-2016, 12:53 PM
Have you logged into Gemstone Manually before trying to use Lich?
Are you running in administrative mode?
Did you follow the entire install guide thing?
Did you piss off Tillmen to the point that he manually banned you from all of his goodies?

Well I'm logged into the game. I can move, talk, etc. on my character just fine. It even has all my scripts and what not. Some work (e.g. ;go2) but others don't (most importantly lnet as this would allow me to ask people questions more directly)
I have ruby.exe running as administrator, not sure past that.
I think I followed the entire install guide?
I certainly hope I didn't piss him off!

droit
01-28-2016, 01:04 PM
I was having the same problem this morning. ";k lnet" and then ";lnet" fixed it.

zoraster
01-28-2016, 01:15 PM
I was having the same problem this morning. ";k lnet" and then ";lnet" fixed it.

unfortunately that does't fix it. Plus lots of other things don't work, like ;repos

zoraster
01-28-2016, 02:09 PM
unfortunately that does't fix it. Plus lots of other things don't work, like ;repos

Also I just tried on my laptop and it doesn't work from that either. Both worked before I left.

zoraster
01-28-2016, 02:25 PM
okay, for future people, I solved this by basically removing everything I could think of from my computer and then redoing it all.

I couldn't get it to work by moving over my scripts, so maybe something with that. I guess I'll have to redo things manually.

Tillmen
01-28-2016, 04:03 PM
You likely just had a version of lnet and repository scripts from before the DDoS attacks and server change, so you were trying to connect to the wrong server.

Alorn15
03-17-2017, 11:17 AM
<3 Tillmen

rayc365
04-05-2017, 11:37 PM
hey all i am trying to get a house set up with room numbers and narost, need help to get a direction to go

Adequate Picker
06-15-2017, 11:06 PM
I cant get past the "cant find gem.bat" error. Read everything that i could find but still no luck.

m444w
06-16-2017, 12:02 AM
When you install Ruby, you have to check the add Ruby executables to $PATH option like seen here:

https://d.pr/VPOqd

Lord Orbstar
09-06-2017, 12:16 AM
i did that. the gem.bat file is not there in the "bin" folder

tangar
08-30-2018, 07:58 AM
Maybe it would be fun to add link to DragonRealms lich rep at official Lich website? :D At first when I downloaded lich I used it for DragonRealms without realising there is special repo with DR-only scripts :)
https://github.com/rpherbig/dr-scripts
First time setup: https://github.com/rpherbig/dr-scripts/wiki/First-Time-Setup

Methais
08-30-2018, 09:39 AM
Maybe it would be fun to add link to DragonRealms lich rep at official Lich website? :D At first when I downloaded lich I used it for DragonRealms without realising there is special repo with DR-only scripts :)
https://github.com/rpherbig/dr-scripts
First time setup: https://github.com/rpherbig/dr-scripts/wiki/First-Time-Setup

http://i.imgur.com/myIAkhT.jpg

Gnazzy
07-10-2019, 12:07 AM
I'm returning after four years away. Could someone kindly direct me to the latest version of Lich, hopefully with accompanying instructions? I'm running Windows 10. Is it still necessary to install Ruby as well? I've forgotten how to do all this stuff. Thanks so much.

Donquix
07-10-2019, 12:58 AM
The most up to date instructions are likely here. There is even a recent addition from Doug of a bundled windows installer (look at the "quick start guides" box towards the top)

https://gswiki.play.net/Lich_(software)

Gnazzy
07-10-2019, 03:06 AM
Thank you!

Alashir
11-13-2019, 08:17 PM
The most up to date instructions are likely here. There is even a recent addition from Doug of a bundled windows installer (look at the "quick start guides" box towards the top)

Just used it. Thanks so much. Super easy

Viekn
02-15-2020, 12:41 PM

Nevermind. I figured out my issue.

Vindicate
07-04-2020, 08:29 AM
Christ, I just realized Narost was Tsoran backwards...

Methais
07-04-2020, 11:15 AM
Christ, I just realized Narost was Tsoran backwards...

:lol:

Donquix
07-04-2020, 12:45 PM
I feel like there's always a trickle of people who have been using narost for like 15 years doing this. Just like 1 every couple weeks like BRO! bro? BRO!? WHAT?

Orthin
01-01-2024, 09:42 AM
Trying to finish Lich on my new laptop but every time I try to download sqlite3 no black cmd window pops up. I just click yes and nothing happens. Any thoughts?

onurb
01-01-2024, 10:48 AM
Welcome back Orthin. I would get discord installed first. Join gemstone discord server with this link:

https://discord.gg/KF9Wr8u

From there go to the scripting channel. All the lich techs hang out there and you will usually get a faster response than bulletin boards.

Orthin
01-02-2024, 08:13 AM
I was able to figure it out thank you!