PDA

View Full Version : Oh how I just LOVE the friendly people of Landing!

Trinitis
12-28-2003, 03:28 PM
Yah, so..I'm hunting, and this shit happens.

An Illoke mystic summons the wrath of his god as he gestures at you!
A massive stone hand appears in the air before you!
The stony fist clasps around you, squeezing you in a its powerful grip, crushing you like a vise!

... 20 points of damage!
Good blow to your left arm!
You are stunned for 2 rounds!
... 5 points of damage!
Blow connects with your abdomen winding you.
An Illoke mystic looks weakened!
>prep 719
cast mystic
You are still stunned.
>You are still stunned.
>
Amalfya just arrived.
>
Amalfya just went west.
>
An Illoke mystic swings a giant stone hammer at you!
AS: +330 vs DS: +348 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +25 = +41
A clean miss.
>
Amalfya just arrived.
>
Amalfya ponders.
>
Amalfya just went west.
>
Amalfya just arrived.
>
Amalfya just went east.

Thanks for nothin..bitch.

-Adredrin

Sean
12-28-2003, 03:40 PM
that happens in every town. would it be nice if they did always save you or help you? of course but its no ones job to save you they dont owe it to you. but thats just my personal opinion.

Trinitis
12-28-2003, 03:42 PM
Oh my anger stems from more then just that. If she would not have FLAUNTED the fact that she was not going to help me..or if she would quit running around stronghold letting all the monsters prep spells then running off, I'd not be so damn upset about it.

-Adredrin

GSLeloo
12-28-2003, 03:46 PM
See she's the type of person where I want to walk into the room and e-wave and go "Oops, didn't see you" and walk away.

Snapp
12-28-2003, 04:05 PM
Here's your chance for revenge...

[Stronghold, North Hall]
The hallway is impressively tall, its high ceiling giving it a narrow appearance although it is of spacious width. Large tiles cover the floor, their rich sienna surfaces incised with glyphs. On the stone walls, ora braziers are bolted at intervals. They are crafted in a blocky style, which is elegant in its simplicity. The light held in each fixture flickers to life as the shadow of movement passes before it. You also see an Illoke shaman.
Also here: the body of Amalfya who is lying down
Obvious exits: north, east, southwest
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Trinitis
12-28-2003, 04:07 PM
heh, jus walk away!

::cackles::

-Adredrin

Betheny
12-28-2003, 04:13 PM
Amalfya is a huge bitch, just ignore her.

I should try hunting illoke, but eh... I'm only 60. :-\

Trinitis
12-28-2003, 04:38 PM
Maimara just climbed up some ancient stone stairs.
>
Maimara smacks her lips.
>
Maimara just went through some massive ora double doors.

Get your dildo totin ass outta my huntin area!!

-Adredrin :P

[Edited on 12-28-2003 by LordAdredrin]

Trinitis
12-28-2003, 04:40 PM
* Maimara just bit the dust!

>cast maimara
You gesture into the air.
Your vision begins to become murky and clouded. You have a sensation of rapidly passing distance. Eventually your sight begins to clear and a vision of Maimara's surroundings fills your mind...

[Courtyard]
A well maintained and healthy garden occupies the entirety of the courtyard. The air here is cool and crisp, though the sun's strong rays beat back any feelings of cold. In the center of the garden is a natural spring bubbling up several inches above the surface of the encircling pool of crystal clear water. A large stone and iron gate blocks the entrance to the monastery flanked by a statue of a woman carrying a staff of crystal in her left hand and a set of crystalline keys in her right, facing the other of a young man kneeling, bedecked in battle-worn black chain armor. You also see some wolifrew lichen, some haphip root, some haphip root, some aloeas stem, a polished marble bench with some stuff on it and a large fel tree.
Also here: Dunkle, the body of Maimara who is lying down, Hassa, Sazlo who is sitting, Lord Astaway who is kneeling, Spell who is kneeling, Lord Zorst who is kneeling
Obvious paths: west
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

And STAY the hell out! :P

-Adredrin

Betheny
12-28-2003, 04:40 PM
Shut up.

Now I"m being rescued by stupid volners and their stupid empaths and their stupid OMG LET ME HELP YOU attitudes.

I hope they don't expect a tip.

[Edited on 12-28-2003 by Maimara]

Betheny
12-28-2003, 04:42 PM
I pwned the stronghold for 12 trains when I was 60, now I"m doing it again.

STFU

Trinitis
12-28-2003, 04:48 PM
Oh yes..pwning well I see..you had what? 2 min max between entering and dieing? :P

-Adredrin

Kitsun
12-28-2003, 05:04 PM
The Stronghold is mean like that. I don't see how they expect anyone to put up with that place once DR points are on. They can EASILY push a 80k level to 120k required because of all the damn DR points you'll get from those damn stonefists.

Rastaman
12-28-2003, 05:49 PM
It's easy to avoid dealing with DR points. Dont be a wuss and die.

Kitsun
12-28-2003, 06:01 PM
Have you EVER hunted there?

Or are you just pulling that comment out of your ass like a flaming fucking idiot?

Stronghold is one of THE most deadly hunting grounds I've ever encountered for a like-level players. You will experience death there that no hunting strategy can compensate for. None.

Having hunted in the area, I can tell you that if someone ELSE runs from the creature with a spell prepped and you have the misfortune of running in, you will see the little skull in the wizard status window before you see the ROOM come up in the screen. There is NOTHING you can do to stop that from happening. The creature there has priority to cast that spell at you and there's a GREAT chance at death.

In short: STFU K THX BAI

AnticorRifling
12-28-2003, 06:59 PM
I hunted there at lvl 50 with my lance with no problem. But I agree she should be killed for flaunting it.

SarinSnow
12-29-2003, 03:15 AM
Ah, everyone wants to be a martyr.

Interestingly enough Adredrin neglected to post the part where he poached my kill. He, and many other sorcerers and clerics have an uncanny knack for killing things that I'm already in the room with... several times a day. They do not look first; they come in slinging spells even though I go out of my way to make sure I have a disk every time I enter the Stronghold.

Being a rogue whose ambush has been reduced to the effectiveness of a wet noodle, stalking, hiding, sweeping and setting up a critter for a kill while managing to keep the damage/death factor to myself at a minimum is painstaking and frustrating work. It had taken me a lot of time and effort (most likely several minutes) just to keep the damn Illoke DOWN and then in walks Adredrin, doesn't pay attention to my disk, and in one hit kills what took me a pretty long time to set up.

So, after that, even though he did apologize, I didn't feel like I should help him when he was stunned. To me, he was a poacher who didn't have the consideration to watch for me, so why should I do him any favors? Was the pondering at him childish? More than likely, and I do regret my childishness. However, a little courtesy in a very dangerous place like Stronghold would be VERY nice. If you KNOW there are other people hunting in the dungeon, please take into consideration that some of them may be rogues and some may be hiders. Look for disks.

I offer an apology to Adredrin for letting my anger and frustration take over my sense of decency, and a request to all the hunters of the Stronghold to try to be as courteous to others as you would like them to be to you.

As for all the posts responding to a dislike of Amalfya, that's another issue for another time, on a whole other set of topics that, despite being a daily reader of these boards, I will not now or ever get into.

Cheryl, player of Amalfya Telwych, Locksmith for Hire.

Trinitis
12-29-2003, 04:02 AM
No, I did not neglect to post that part. As I see it, its not seen as poaching if it was an honest mistake. I did not see the disk, and as it stands I MUST go into rooms slinging spells, or what happened in this first post happens every time. Mainly because people flee rooms after creatures have preped spells..leaving me to walk into them. Yes, I killed a Shaman you where prepairing to kill. I also said I'm sorry. By me admitting that, and not doing so again (as I rememeber, I actually managed to skip the first couple of rooms I saw your disk in, I just happened to miss it that one time), I feel I prooved it was not a matter of poaching, it was a mistake.

Being that it was a mistake, it makes me wonder why something like this upsets you so much? Its not like that one shaman is the end of the world? Heck, after I said sorry you shrugged and walked off like it was no big deal. But then ya see me stunned and walk away? Eh..

But no, I still don't agree with the fact that you basicly flaunted the point that you could help me, but choose not too. Thats something I've always done for everyone. I don't care if its Warclaidhm, heck, even Vif..if I walk through a room and see them stunned infront of critters, I stop and help.

-Adredrin

Caramia
12-29-2003, 04:09 AM
A disk in the room is not a clear indication that someone is hiding there. Disks do have a delay that doesn't move them along real time with their masters. And after a five second wait, if nothing has attacked a critter in that room, yes I will attack it because it's totally reasonable to believe the person has moved on already.

How difficult would it be for you to say "Hello!" from the shadows? Maybe it's equally courteous to inform people that you are hiding and hunting there, as you view it is for them to assume that a disk in the room means you are hiding.

Just pointing out the tit for tat courtesy.

Rowi
12-29-2003, 04:28 AM
Huntin stronghold? you should help all you run into because if your a prick there, man thats a bad place to die and you will die. kinda sucks if people step over you!

Rastaman
12-29-2003, 05:21 AM
I never died there, you guys suck.

StrayRogue
12-29-2003, 08:39 AM
Heh, I never had a problem there either. I guess it can depend on the profession and equipment. Either way, Malfy, I love ya, even if our characters never interact. You make me laugh.

Parkbandit
12-29-2003, 09:41 AM
You DO realize this is a roleplaying game right?

I have one of my characters that would look at the race of the dead or stunned player first to determine if he would help them. Be that an elf or sylvan.. he would laugh at them and walk away. Be that an empath type looking character, he would probably piss on the corpse and walk off.

Do I expect that particular character to be liked? Nope... not at all. I expect people to hate him. I expect conflict. I expect to be killed.

But if we all played 'happy huggy wuggy' type characters.. what a boring place Elanthia would be.

Chyrain
12-29-2003, 10:12 AM
a disk in the room AND a critter laying down?

oh no, doesn't seem like anyone would be in the room at all. honest mistake.

Betheny
12-29-2003, 11:02 AM
It's easy to walk into a hunting ground you aren't familiar with and die, isn't it? Hmm?

Don't give me shit, and tell me how many times you've died there.

Xcalibur
12-29-2003, 11:04 AM
I rarely died at all

I would never drag a col character
symbol of recognition

no response? ciao

Too bad sucker

DeV
12-29-2003, 11:16 AM
I feel like this.. DONT EXPECT ANYTHING and you wont feel bad when you dont get anything. Be that, help from a fellow adventurer, or an Empath (weve all had those experiences) or a Cleric. Who knows their reasons... maybe they are RP'ing a strict role, maybe they are just jerks in real life. You never know. She stated her reasoning, and at least she had one. Had she been a Dhe'nar would we be asking this question as to why she didnt help?

Moist Happenings
12-29-2003, 12:46 PM
Not saying that she should have just run off like that, because she IS a bitch and she shouldn't have done that, but Amalfya dies if she stops moving in stronghold. She's not very good at it. I'm surprised she was running around up there without a hunting partner in the first place. One person takes the swings while she hides and ambushes.

DeV
12-29-2003, 01:27 PM
i dont drag, or unstun every person i see who needs one. and no one does the same for me every time. its just a part of the game.

Miss X
12-29-2003, 02:36 PM
The way I do it is this: I try my best to unstun anyone I see hunting (who's stunned obviously), I also adrenal surge people I see lying down (happens a lot where I hunt) and I will always stop for a body. However, should I be in need of help, and someone passes me without bothering, I highlight them and should I see them in the position of needing help, I walk on by. (well, unless they are dead, I feel to guilty leaving a body).

Moist Happenings
12-29-2003, 02:39 PM
One time Amalfya and Fleeta took me to the Inn and tried to sex me. It was scary.

Anyway...

I'll stop to help anyone that's not on my list. People not stopping for me isn't enough to get them on my list though.

DeV
12-29-2003, 03:28 PM
hey.. whatever happened to Fleeta.. and Greeka?

Jonty
12-29-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Caramia
A disk in the room is not a clear indication that someone is hiding there. Disks do have a delay that doesn't move them along real time with their masters.

I would recommend people to look at the room a second time after a second or two after entering a room where you see a disk.

I've highlighted the word disk to avoid situations like this. I also take note of who the ambushers are in the area that I hunt in and just ignore the room they are in period if I see their disk in the room.

And after a five second wait, if nothing has attacked a critter in that room, yes I will attack it because it's totally reasonable to believe the person has moved on already.

I'd probably only wait about three seconds, since most hides usually only take three seconds. But if their disk is still in the room after three seconds, I'd just assume they were still in the room and move on.

How difficult would it be for you to say "Hello!" from the shadows? Maybe it's equally courteous to inform people that you are hiding and hunting there, as you view it is for them to assume that a disk in the room means you are hiding.

Just pointing out the tit for tat courtesy.

Actually, it's not difficult at all.... But is there a point to saying "Hello!" if a caster casts IMMEDIATELY after entering the room? I can't even count how many times where I have tried to alert another hunter of my presence, but they kill the critter, search it, and move on before I can. I suppose I could set up a macro for that. But I think it would be silly for my character to do this every time someone comes into the room.

Plus it can be deadly if you take out time to type hello instead of entering the command to kill the critter as quickly as possible. What I've done is create an ambushing script so I can try to alert a fellow hunter of my presence without slowing down my kill. But I don't anyhow because they either kill it anyway in one shot or I kill it if their cast fails to do so. I actually created the script to prevent ambushing in defensive stance due to RT miscalculation.

- Me

Betheny
12-30-2003, 11:58 AM
Amalfya...

Do you ever 'say' anything to the people 'poaching' your kills? I bet you're not. And if you are, I bet you just make some snotty comment and run off.

If you're hidden, how are we supposed to know you're even in the area? You ought to say something when they walk in the room.

The burden falls upon you, since you are the hidden one. Yeah, it sucks. But the changes in GS4 are not our faults, and we don't have to compensate because you're unhappy with how your ambushing skills are.

Don't like it? Reroll. I've done it 4 times, it isn't as bad as you think. Better to be happy with your character than to bitch and moan at every turn.

Beth

Czeska
12-30-2003, 12:25 PM
I was hunting a different area once, ambushing with my rogue, and I coughed from hiding to let someone know I was there. No, i didn't have a disk at that point. But that person heard me cough. Said "get a disk" and killed the critter and left.
Yep, she's in red now.

Artha
12-30-2003, 12:31 PM
If I cough and someone takes out the critter and doesn't apologize, they're gonna find themselves laying down for their next critter.

Tsa`ah
12-30-2003, 12:43 PM
No matter how you cut it ... Casters are itchy when it's dangerous for them.

Any time I hunt I make every effort to make myself noticeable when ambush hunting. More times than not, the caster comes in blazing. I have "nothing to see here, move along" set up in macro. I've been able to get it off once before a caster let loose.

Beast down, no leg.
Beast down, stunned.
Beast down not stunned.
Beast standing while stunned.
All with a disc present.

No one looks before casting.
The only thing I get is a smattering of exp and an "oops" for my trouble.

I shouldn't have to say jack if all the signs are there, and all the signs read.... THERE IS AN AMBUSHER HERE.... KEEP MOVING DUMB ASS! But people are lazy and by their logic, it's my fault for hiding. I'm sorry, it doesn't work like that. Slow the fuck down and look. Turn off the damned scripts and pay attention.

People like this get one strike in my ball game. The second time you come through and get between my prey and me ... you become the prey.

Ask me how many times I've been warned.

MrThorbizzle
12-30-2003, 12:45 PM
Smattering of exp? Isn't it all or nothing?

Like you do half or more damage to a creature (ungrouped) and it dies of some other means, you get exp like you killed it...not fame though

Tsa`ah
12-30-2003, 12:50 PM
You ever die in a swarm after doing damage to half of room?

Notice the EXP bar jump a bit later?

Edaarin
12-30-2003, 01:38 PM
What pisses me off is when I was hunting in the Rift, there's a cleric that script hunts with bane. I'll have a creature LYING DOWN, STUNNED, in a room where there are no open voids nearby. And his crappy ass script just casts at it and searches it in less than a second and moves to the next room before I can open my mouth. He knows I'm in there, he knows there are other rogues in there, and when I told him that I had the thing on the ground stunned and to LOOK next time to see if it was injured, he gave me some smart ass remark saying Then flipping ambush it! That's not the fucking point, it's hard for me to ambush it when you cast at it and then walk away before my hide RT is up. No, disks don't work. It pisses me off more because I put up with the same shit for about a month in Wyneb from the same guy.

Moist Happenings
12-30-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by DarkelfVold
hey.. whatever happened to Fleeta.. and Greeka?

Greeka is still around. Dunno if she was sold or not.

::clears throat:: Fleeta resides in New York City. She is a golddigging whore and she cheated on me. That is all.

Fallen
12-30-2003, 02:02 PM
<<You DO realize this is a roleplaying game right?

I have one of my characters that would look at the race of the dead or stunned player first to determine if he would help them. >>

Bingo

Ive sneered at corpses and appluaded the creature that killed them. Ive taken white flasks out, looked at the flask, then the person, then the flask again, and then walked off, ect.

Not everyone is nice. If they made it a requirement I would of quit long ago. Just mark the person and hope to be able to return the favor in he future.

Myrianna
12-30-2003, 02:03 PM
Bitter much, Neff??

Moist Happenings
12-30-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Myrianna
Bitter much, Neff??

Yes. :smilegrin:

But I mean c'mon. One day she was all like "Yeah I did E the other night and slept with some guy"

And I was like "WTF?!"

She did show me two of my favorite places in NYC though, so props for that.

On the other hand, I never had a date with her that cost me less than 300 dollars. She had really expensive taste and wouldn't take anything less.

Czeska
12-30-2003, 02:10 PM
Ugh I swear I know someone who dated Fleeta in game... and I can't remember who.
But they're take on her was not pleasant.

Moist Happenings
12-30-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Czeska
Ugh I swear I know someone who dated Fleeta in game... and I can't remember who.
But they're take on her was not pleasant.

There was only me, Gallahan, and Ariond's player.

edit to add: to my knowledge, that is. And I was around for all of Fleeta's gemstone career.

[Edited on 12-30-2003 by Neff]

Edit again to add:

wait, wait, there was some other guy too..a halfling. He was the one that got her from like level 15-36, where she stopped..who was he again..damn..now I forget.

[Edited on 12-30-2003 by Neff]

MrThorbizzle
12-30-2003, 02:14 PM
I think Huka had a round with her in Silvergate

Jonty
12-30-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Neff

Originally posted by Myrianna
Bitter much, Neff??

Yes. :smilegrin:

But I mean c'mon. One day she was all like "Yeah I did E the other night and slept with some guy"

And I was like "WTF?!"

She did show me two of my favorite places in NYC though, so props for that.

On the other hand, I never had a date with her that cost me less than 300 dollars. She had really expensive taste and wouldn't take anything less.

Geez man, you should have just bought her a $20 E pill.

- Me

MrThorbizzle
12-30-2003, 02:41 PM
$20 for roofies? you're getting ripped

Jonty
12-30-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by MrThorbizzle
$20 for roofies? you're getting ripped

Roofies != xTc

But anyhow, I don't buy pills, so I don' get ripped. In NYC he's not going to find a much better price unless he knows people.

- Me

Moist Happenings
12-30-2003, 02:54 PM
Ah well, I guess I should have known better to date a girl who didn't flinch when I asked her if she was allergic to Rohypnol.

Fallen
12-30-2003, 02:55 PM
On a related, yet somber note, The U.S. has officially banned Ephedra. Going to cost me a ton to stock up before the ruling takes effect.

Moist Happenings
12-30-2003, 03:15 PM
Happy heart problems to ya.

Fallen
12-30-2003, 03:18 PM
Yeah, like being fat does wonders for your health.

Tsa`ah
12-30-2003, 03:24 PM
There is a topic.... you guys aren't on it.

Fallen
12-30-2003, 03:26 PM
Whatever you say you caffeinated whack job.

SarinSnow
12-30-2003, 03:41 PM
Maimara,
First of all, you don't know me and I'd wager good money that you've never actually seen me in action in a situation like the one being discussed in this thread. IF the caster gives me half a second to cough or say hello or even blink I always do. However, stronghold casters don't wait that long. They come in casting. I do not run away from casting critters. My hunting method is hide, wait for a search and sweep and ambush whether the critter has a spell prepped or not at the time. I do not let ANYTHING that casts run around stronghold unless there is a swarm of more than two because chances are very good I'll die.

>>Do you ever 'say' anything to the people 'poaching' your kills? I bet you're not. And if you are, I bet you just make some snotty comment and run off<<

I never HAVE to say anything. I come out of hiding and before I can say a single word the person already realizes what they've done. Sometimes I let out a NOISE of frustration like a sigh or a exhale and move on. Usually I'll ask if they saw my disk; sometimes it hadn't arrived yet and I understand that. In Adredrin's case the disk was there. I don't generally say anything after that, what else is there to say? They killed the critter, they didn't see the disk, what else is left to say? 9 times out of 10 the person will look the next time. I have to rely on CASTERS to recognize that yes, there IS a disk in the room. If they fail to take note of that, if they fail to prep 402 and cast, if they fail to give me more than a second to type out "Cough" or "Hello!" that is not my fault if they end up poaching. But they should not "expect" consideration from ME when they weren't willing to give me any in the first place.

I do not expect any adventurerers to compensate for my character's lack of effectiveness since Gs4 came in. I made all my rogues tripler locksmiths and was prepared for the consequences, as a result I rarely hunt alone. I wasn't hunting alone the day in question. All I ask is a little consideration and 3 or 4 seconds to take the time to wait for a sign of habitation or look for a disk. This is not a new situation since GS4. Lack of courtesy in stronghold has always been a problem when it comes to ambushers.

I do not feel I am being unreasonable wanting my character to have an equal shot at being able to kill critters that she is already in the room with. She is a rogue. She ambushes. That is what she is supposed to do. It is impossible to do that if someone comes in and kills what she's trying to kill. Otherwise I am having a very enjoyable time playing Amalfya as a rogue and a locksmith even though she is not a totally effective hunter. I would never re-roll her because of a non-mechanics issue like this. Re-rolling wouldn't solve it.

Oh, and Neff. I never went anywhere with you and Fleeta. I've never spoken to Fleeta. And I've never had any desire to. Actually I have little memory of you outside the cul de sac period since you left the game for a bit about the time I stopped hanging out there. So I have no idea what you're referring to. If you'd like to talk to me about it, you know how to contact me. In fact if anyone at all wants to contact me you can find me at SarinSnow@aol.com.

As for this thread, I'm done with it. Having read posts on this site for quite awhile I've realized that once people decide to start flaming someone, replying is like throwing oil onto a burning building. And, while amusing when directed at both me (and there's been painfully few about me lately, I'm feeling neglected) and others, the hatred and raw anger exhibited by the 20 or so most avid posters is enough to rival the irrational hatred of a rioting mob. And all over a silly text based game. I'll continue to read, because the anger here amuses me, though I may never post again after this.

A great day to you all,

Cheryl, player of Amalfya and a few others.

Nakiro
12-31-2003, 04:21 AM
Really, bitchin' because someone didn't do something nice is... well... bitchin' to bitch.

If you're going to complaian, atleast complain that someone did something mean.

Passing you up while stunned is not doing something mean, just neglecting to do something nice.

Nakiro

Chadj
12-31-2003, 04:23 AM
... Ok, has this thread lost its sight completely?

Trinitis
12-31-2003, 10:56 PM
Actually, I was simply bitchin because she made point to mock me while choosing not to help. But she already said sorry, so the discussion is over. :)

-Adredrin

Emislity
01-06-2004, 09:18 AM
Hey Adredrin!!! I miss you!!!!!!!!

Emislity

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by Emislity]

01-06-2004, 09:35 AM
heh wtf

Emislity
01-06-2004, 11:01 AM
Hey to you too solkern

Emislity

Trinitis
01-06-2004, 11:04 AM
Miss me? More like ya need me to come die in Stronghold some more ;)

I keep tellin ya. Your the human shield. Not the caster. But noooo

-Adredrin

Emislity
01-07-2004, 09:33 AM
Bah, I don't need you to die in Stronghold! I'm on Teras anyway, drop me a thought sometime my AIM is
LdyEmislity.

~Emislity