PDA

View Full Version : PS3 deal craziness ($100 off w/ sony card, $100 walmart GC)

Celephais
06-04-2008, 10:53 AM
Check out www.slickdeals.net (http://www.slickdeals.net) if your in the market for a PS3, there are a handful of threads that popped up. I just applied for a sony CC, which gives me $100 credit with the purchase of a PS3 in the next 45 days (I was going to bite soon anyway). Also walmart is having deals where you buy a PS3 (any blu-ray player) and get a $100 gift certificate.

Really the only game I'm creaming my pants over is GT5, but I want a blu-ray player... any other good suggestions (preferably RPG, I'm going to borrow Drakes fortune & GTA from a friend), what was it, "White Knight"? that looked good, did that come out/anyone play it?

fallenSaint
06-04-2008, 11:25 AM
MGS4 is a popular buzz, Ratchet & Clank is so much fun theres no denying that game, If you haven't played Enchanted Arms yet its a good classic RPG feel, Heavenly Sword is fun but purely a rental as its way too short ... probably more I should suggest but I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

Celephais
06-04-2008, 11:36 AM
MGS4 is a popular buzz
I think I'm going to get the MGS4 bundle that comes out next week, the SD shit said the walmart GC will carry over to that bundle (so $499, $100 credit, $100 GC), even though I was likely going to replace the HDD, I might not w/ the 80gb (and the added benefit of PS2 compatibility and a DS3 control instead of Six-Axis).

Ratchet & Clank is so much fun theres no denying that game
I have a Wii so I've got Mario Galaxy for a solid platformer, any idea how they compare? I'm not really a huge platformer guy so I might just rent this too.

If you haven't played Enchanted Arms yet its a good classic RPG feel
Good to know, that one I will check out.

Heavenly Sword is fun but purely a rental as its way too short ...
also good to know, will save me a few bones.

My friend w/ the PS3 also has Devil May Cry 4, he says it sucks, but I'll probably borrow that too, it's not really his style of game, so I'm hoping it's better for me.

fallenSaint
06-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Mario Galaxy is cute, Ratchet and Clank I spent so many stupid hours in that game its almost depressing. If you rent defiantly do Gamefly so you have enough time with it to play through a few times. Most everyone that's played it has enjoyed the hell and keeps going through to play with all the extra content. Its also has some of the better usage of the sixaxis control yet.

And DMC4 is fun for some mindless thrashing, I enjoyed it ... prepare to see how a company can fuck up installed content thou good god grab some popcorn.

Skeeter
06-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Ratchet and Clank is fantastic. Drake's fortune is really impressive too, great plot twists.

GTA4 is a can't miss. If you like baseball MLB08 RTTS is the best baseball game since Ken Griffey Jr. for the SNES

The Ponzzz
06-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Not a single good RPG for the PS3 at all. I'm waiting for FFXIII.

Numbers
06-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Pretty sweet deal. I'm very hesitant to sign up for credit cards and never use them, though. They hound you forever.

Fallen
06-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Not a single good RPG for the PS3 at all. I'm waiting for FFXIII.

There are if your system is backwards compatable! Nocturn FTW

Methais
06-04-2008, 04:26 PM
My friend w/ the PS3 also has Devil May Cry 4, he says it sucks, but I'll probably borrow that too, it's not really his style of game, so I'm hoping it's better for me.

I've only played the demo, but I liked it. Lots of action and pwnage.

fallenSaint
06-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Heh yea, its lacking a solid RPG base. However I guess Im one of the few who really liked Folklore and its RPG-ish. Also if your into FPS, UT3 and splitfish controller are all I can say about that.

The Ponzzz
06-04-2008, 05:40 PM
See Folklore just had a horrible design IMO. The controls, the way the characters walked, the story...

And every system lacks a good RPG as of right now.

As for backwards compatible, I still have my PS2 hooked up, so why waste the HD space...

RichardCranium
06-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Anyone interested in a Wii with about 30 hours of playing time on it, 2 controllers with nunchuk attachments and covers for both and a few games?

The Ponzzz
06-04-2008, 06:00 PM
I feel your pain on that one, Richard. I think we talked about that one day. The Wii is just yawntastic for an adult.

RichardCranium
06-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Yeah, we did. I'm seriously selling it though so if anyone wants it let me know.