PDA

View Full Version : WHAT THE FUCK, ITZEL

Renian
06-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Top of the log got cut off, but basically he asked me to report if I saw the message.

>
You concentrate while murmuring the simple, mystical chant for Head Scar Repair...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
Your neck feels better.
Roundtime: 11 sec.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>
Adokas begins coughing uncontrollably and looks paler!
>info
Name: Tiad Chanter Race: Giantman Profession: Empath (shown as: Bloodletter)
Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 95 (37) ... 95 (37)
Constitution (CON): 91 (30) ... 91 (30)
Dexterity (DEX): 95 (17) ... 95 (17)
Agility (AGI): 95 (17) ... 95 (17)
Discipline (DIS): 89 (19) ... 89 (19)
Aura (AUR): 94 (17) ... 94 (17)
Logic (LOG): 89 (14) ... 89 (14)
Intuition (INT): 66 (8) ... 66 (8)
Wisdom (WIS): 92 (21) ... 92 (21)
Influence (INF): 89 (24) ... 89 (24)
Mana: 204 Silver: 32703
>report O hai, what's up?
REPORT should only be used to notify the GemStone IV staff of emergency situations or gamewide technical errors. Please use ASSIST for general support.

Message sent to all online game staff. You may type ONDUTY to see which staff members are currently on duty. If you feel the need to speak with the staff, please type ASSIST for a list of options.

>
[healbot: Healing is complete.]
Adokas begins coughing uncontrollably and looks paler!
>give adokas 2000 silver
You give Adokas 2000 coins.
>
Adokas taps you lightly on the shoulder.
[healbot: Adokas taps you lightly on the shoulder.]
[healbot]>appraise adokas
>
You take a quick appraisal of Adokas and find that he has moderate bleeding from his neck.
[healbot]>transfer adokas neck
He is bleeding from the neck.
>
You meditate over Adokas.
[healbot]>transfer adokas
Adokas's neck damage is transferred to you.
>
You take all of Adokas's blood loss.
>
[healbot: Healing rank 3.]
[healbot: Healing rank 2.]
[healbot]>incant 1104
You concentrate while murmuring the simple, mystical chant for Head Repair...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
Your neck feels better.
>
Adokas mutters under his breath.
>
Adokas walks through the door.
>
[healbot: Healing rank 1.]
[healbot]>incant 1104
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
Your neck feels better.
>
[healbot]>incant 1113
You concentrate while murmuring the simple, mystical chant for Head Scar Repair...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
Your neck feels better.
>

What color is the sky. Please report the answer now.

>
>
* Nesa just bit the dust!
>report Yellow! Wait, Green! Er...Blue! Yes, blue! Final answer!
REPORT should only be used to notify the GemStone IV staff of emergency situations or gamewide technical errors. Please use ASSIST for general support.

Message sent to all online game staff. You may type ONDUTY to see which staff members are currently on duty. If you feel the need to speak with the staff, please type ASSIST for a list of options.

>
* Yollia just bit the dust!
>

SEND[Itzel] If you're running a script that allows someone to tap you, and then get healing, I would strongly recommend you kill it, now.

>report It's just for certain characters, namely mine. I am Renian, and I am every character in this room.

>l
[Renian's Home]
Walls of gold-flecked black marble and a shining black marble floor covered by a dwarven stone-washed carpet enclose this small room. In one corner lies a silk-draped four poster bed, and near the bed sits a blood red cloth-covered altar. Above a small firepit hangs a wood-carved Elanthian map. The room holds a mild scent of melted wax. You also see a black crystal, a clear glass wand, a n'ayanad crystal, a twisted wand, a crystal wand, a slender blue wand, an ayanad crystal, a scratched bracelet, a heavy quartz orb, a yellowed scroll, an enormous carved granite throne and a door.
Also here: Lord Thalish, Lord Renian.
Obvious exits: none
>
* Zaaak just bit the dust!
>
Adokas walks in the door.
>
Adokas taps you lightly on the shoulder.
[healbot: Adokas taps you lightly on the shoulder.]
[healbot]>appraise adokas
>
You take a quick appraisal of Adokas and find that he has moderate bleeding from his neck.
[healbot]>transfer adokas neck
He is bleeding profusely from the neck.
>
[healbot]>transfer adokas
Adokas's neck damage is transferred to you.
>
You take all of Adokas's blood loss.
>
[healbot: Healing blood.]
[healbot]>prep 1101
[healbot]>cure
You focus your thoughts while chanting the mystical phrase for Heal...
Your spell is ready.
>
You concentrate.
You feel a lot better.
Cast Roundtime 3 seconds.
>
[healbot: Healing rank 3.]
[healbot: Healing rank 2.]
[healbot]>incant 1104
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
Your neck feels better.
>
[healbot: Healing rank 1.]
[healbot]>incant 1104
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
Your neck feels better.
>
[healbot]>incant 1113
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
Your neck feels better.
>
Tiad just appeared.
You feel yourself being pulled away...
[Consultation Lounge]
The cozy surroundings of this simple conference room provide a much-welcomed respite from the chaos just outside its walls. You notice several plush chairs arranged casually around the room in a comfortable grouping.
>
A shaft of scintillating light suddenly pierces the ceiling and strikes the ground next to you. The beam of light then explodes in a shower of sparks and Itzel is standing in its place.
>
look
[Consultation Lounge]
The cozy surroundings of this simple conference room provide a much-welcomed respite from the chaos just outside its walls. You notice several plush chairs arranged casually around the room in a comfortable grouping.
Also here: GameMaster Itzel who is sitting
>'Hello.
You say, "Hello."
>;kill healbot
--- Lich: healbot stopped.
look
[Consultation Lounge]
>Itzel says, "Good evening."
>'How are you?
You ask, "How are you?"
>look
[Consultation Lounge]
>
Itzel says, "I'm quite well, thank you."
>look itzel
You see GameMaster Itzel.
She appears to be an Erithian of the Eloth Dai.
She is of a diminutive stature and appears to be youthful. She has kohl-rimmed green eyes and pale, lightly freckled skin. She has short, reddish-gold hair cut into a gamine bob. She has a heart-shaped face and a pointed chin. Her beestung mouth is painted a shiny carmine.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing some angular black-framed spectacles, an ivory leather turtle bandolier, a zombie possum, a sleeveless black linen gown, and a heavy silver signet ring.
>'So what's up?
You ask, "So what's up?"
>
Itzel says, "I'm afraid, however, that this script issue isn't an option."
>'Huh?
You ask, "Huh?"
>policy
Usage: POLICY {page}

GemStone IV Player Policy

Topics Page Topics Page
------------------------------ --------------------------------
Introduction.................1 Score Lists...................11
Role-Play....................2 GameMasters, Sages and Hosts..12
Abusive/Disruptive Behavior..3 Repair/Replacement Of Items...13
Player vs Player Conflict....4 Unique Items..................14
Solicitations................5 Game Mechanics and Changes....15
Character Names..............6 Quests And Special Events.....16
Bug Abuse....................7 Privacy.......................17
Delays Or Slowdowns..........8 Scripting Abuse...............18
Transferring Characters......9 Violations Of Policy..........19
Character Purges............10 High Maintenance Guests.......20

Your next unread page is page #1.
>policy 18

GemStone IV Player Policy: Scripting Abuse Policy

Any activity that derives ANY benefit to either yourself or another player while being unresponsive to the gaming environment will be considered against policy.

If your attention is not on the game window, you should log out of the game or stop ALL SCRIPTED activities (including but not limited to: artisan skill use, guild skill use, healing, lock picking, purifying gems, spell casting, hunting, and playing) to avoid being warned. The use of character "bots" that provide third parties an in-game advantage while being unresponsive are strictly prohibited. The excuse that you looked away from the monitor or left your desk for a few minutes will not prevent you from being issued a warning since the Staff of GemStone IV will have no way of verifying that fact.

Warnings for scripting or any unresponsive activities are based on the Staff's observation of the character, and the Staff's judgment may vary from instance to instance. Therefore, each instance of scripting abuse will be judged independently. Furthermore, GameMasters have the right to verify that any and all characters are following this policy at any time.

Exceptions

In general, if you are running a script or are in Rest Mode and are not gaining any NEW experience, skills, money, or providing other players or characters with an in-game advantage (e.g., casting spells), it does not fall under this policy. ANY activity that is deemed by Staff to be disruptive or not in the best interest of the game or its players can be warned when discovered. Examples include, but are not limited to:

--If you are script moving in and out of a room, a warning may be issued because it causes undue screen scroll.
--If you are gaining skills passively or providing other characters with an in-game advantage, a warning may be issued based on your being unresponsive to the gaming environment.
--If your "Rest Mode" message is determined to be inappropriate, a warning may be issued based on the messaging being Out of Character (OOC) or disruptive.
--If you set up a character "bot" to provide services (e.g., healing, lock picking, spell casting) to others while being unresponsive, you will be issued a warning.

Character "Bots"

For the purpose of this policy, a character "bot" is defined as any character that is unresponsive to the gaming environment except for scripted responses to triggers which can be executed by third parties to perform automatic "services" (e.g., healing, lock picking, spell casting, etc.).

Any participation in the use of character "bots" witnessed by Staff, even if the unresponsive character(s) is not connected to your account, will be considered against policy and result in a warning and or other penalties. For example, if you knowingly activate a script run by another character who is unresponsive (such as set up to cast spells when "tapped"), you will receive a warning for Scripting Abuse.

Multiple Accounts

The use of multiple accounts is not prohibited by GemStone IV Policy; however, if a player chooses to run multiple accounts at the same time, and they are being controlled by scripts and are gaining ANY benefit to the character or other surrounding characters, the player must be actively responsive to the gaming environment from EACH character's perspective.

Violation Penalties

For the purpose of this policy, all offenses by any character on an account can be treated as having occurred to the same character. As with other policy violations that lead to lockouts, accounts that are "linked" by any method, including but not limited to name, address or other billing information, password sharing, or account access, can be treated as the same account in regards to disciplinary action.

First Offense: Player receives a formal warning, is moved to a consultation room, loses ALL field experience (unabsorbed experience) and an experience inefficiency penalty is added, and must reread and agree to policy before being released. If the character was scripting an Artisan Guild skill or Adventurer's Guild task, will lose HALF of their current bounty points or 50 ranks in an artisan's guild or 10 ranks in a professional guild skill.

Second Offense: In addition to the second warning, substanial penalties may be assessed, including experience inefficiency penalities, and the loss of all current outstanding bounty points. The character may also be removed from the Adventurer's Guild for 30 days, and lose up to HALF of ALL ranks in an artisan or professional guild skill.

Third Offense: The account, plus all related accounts, can be locked out for 30 days. In addition, substantial experience inefficiency penalities can be assessed, all Artisan's or profession guild skill ranks may be removed, and all characters on the account may be removed from the Adventurer's Guild for at least 30 days and forfeit all current rewards.

>
* Omens just bit the dust!
>
Itzel says, "For the purpose of this policy, a character "bot" is defined as any character that is unresponsive to the gaming environment except for scripted responses to triggers which can be executed by third parties to perform automatic "services" (e.g., healing, lock picking, spell casting, etc.)."
>'Last I checked, no character was unresponsive while running this script.
You say, "Last I checked, no character was unresponsive while running this script."
>
Itzel says, "That would be Policy 18."
>'Which is what I'm looking at too.
You say, "Which is what I'm looking at too."
>
Itzel says, "Like I said, I'm afraid this isn't an option. The policy specifically addresses botting."
>'And I quote, "If you set up a character "bot" to provide services to others WHILE BEING UNRESPONSIVE, you will be issued a warning.
You say, "And I quote, "If you set up a character "bot" to provide services to others WHILE BEING UNRESPONSIVE, you will be issued a warning."
>'I responded.
You say, "I responded."
>
You feel at full magical power again.
>'Therefore, I do not see a problem.
You say, "Therefore, I do not see a problem."
>
* Kretan just bit the dust!
>
Itzel says, "I'm sorry, this script violates Policy 18."
>'Why?
You ask, "Why?"
>
Itzel says, "You can either agree to disable it, and I'll put a note in your file, or I can warn you for violating the Policy."
>
* Phental just bit the dust!
>'I'll disable it for now while I take it up with feedback, but I'm still not seeing the problem.
You say, "I'll disable it for now while I take it up with feedback, but I'm still not seeing the problem."
>'I have quoted the relevent piece of Policy 18 that deems this activity acceptable.
You say, "I have quoted the relevent piece of Policy 18 that deems this activity acceptable."
>'It would appear to me that you are being overzealous.
You say, "It would appear to me that you are being overzealous."
>
Itzel says, "I'm sorry, but I need you to agree to disable it entirely."
>;kill healbot
--- Lich: healbot.lic does not appear to be running! Use ';list' to see what's active.
'One again, I am agreeing to disable it entirely, but I will be taking up this issue with feedback.
You say, "One again, I am agreeing to disable it entirely, but I will be taking up this issue with feedback."
>'Once again.
You say, "Once again."
>cough
You cough.
>'However, I do not see how it is causing a disruption, or still how it is violating Policy 18.
You say, "However, I do not see how it is causing a disruption, or still how it is violating Policy 18."
>'I reviewed Policy 18 when the changes went into affect and saw nothing wrong with my actions.
You say, "I reviewed Policy 18 when the changes went into affect and saw nothing wrong with my actions."
>
Itzel says, "I'm afraid however, that I do not see it the same way. You are using a script to bot heal, which is against Policy 18."
>
Itzel says, "I'm going to set you up to read the Policy again, and then will release you back into the game."
'And Policy 18 repeatedly says that this is only true if the "bot" is unresponsive.
>You say, "And Policy 18 repeatedly says that this is only true if the "bot" is unresponsive."
>'Just 18, or the whole thing?
You ask, "Just 18, or the whole thing?"
>

Please read the policy file at this time by typing POLICY and the page number that you wish to read. Once you have finished reading all of the policies, a GameMaster will return to answer any questions you may have.

>policy 18

GemStone IV Player Policy: Scripting Abuse Policy

Any activity that derives ANY benefit to either yourself or another player while being unresponsive to the gaming environment will be considered against policy.

If your attention is not on the game window, you should log out of the game or stop ALL SCRIPTED activities (including but not limited to: artisan skill use, guild skill use, healing, lock picking, purifying gems, spell casting, hunting, and playing) to avoid being warned. The use of character "bots" that provide third parties an in-game advantage while being unresponsive are strictly prohibited. The excuse that you looked away from the monitor or left your desk for a few minutes will not prevent you from being issued a warning since the Staff of GemStone IV will have no way of verifying that fact.

Warnings for scripting or any unresponsive activities are based on the Staff's observation of the character, and the Staff's judgment may vary from instance to instance. Therefore, each instance of scripting abuse will be judged independently. Furthermore, GameMasters have the right to verify that any and all characters are following this policy at any time.

Exceptions

In general, if you are running a script or are in Rest Mode and are not gaining any NEW experience, skills, money, or providing other players or characters with an in-game advantage (e.g., casting spells), it does not fall under this policy. ANY activity that is deemed by Staff to be disruptive or not in the best interest of the game or its players can be warned when discovered. Examples include, but are not limited to:

--If you are script moving in and out of a room, a warning may be issued because it causes undue screen scroll.
--If you are gaining skills passively or providing other characters with an in-game advantage, a warning may be issued based on your being unresponsive to the gaming environment.
--If your "Rest Mode" message is determined to be inappropriate, a warning may be issued based on the messaging being Out of Character (OOC) or disruptive.
--If you set up a character "bot" to provide services (e.g., healing, lock picking, spell casting) to others while being unresponsive, you will be issued a warning.

Character "Bots"

For the purpose of this policy, a character "bot" is defined as any character that is unresponsive to the gaming environment except for scripted responses to triggers which can be executed by third parties to perform automatic "services" (e.g., healing, lock picking, spell casting, etc.).

Any participation in the use of character "bots" witnessed by Staff, even if the unresponsive character(s) is not connected to your account, will be considered against policy and result in a warning and or other penalties. For example, if you knowingly activate a script run by another character who is unresponsive (such as set up to cast spells when "tapped"), you will receive a warning for Scripting Abuse.

Multiple Accounts

The use of multiple accounts is not prohibited by GemStone IV Policy; however, if a player chooses to run multiple accounts at the same time, and they are being controlled by scripts and are gaining ANY benefit to the character or other surrounding characters, the player must be actively responsive to the gaming environment from EACH character's perspective.

Violation Penalties

For the purpose of this policy, all offenses by any character on an account can be treated as having occurred to the same character. As with other policy violations that lead to lockouts, accounts that are "linked" by any method, including but not limited to name, address or other billing information, password sharing, or account access, can be treated as the same account in regards to disciplinary action.

First Offense: Player receives a formal warning, is moved to a consultation room, loses ALL field experience (unabsorbed experience) and an experience inefficiency penalty is added, and must reread and agree to policy before being released. If the character was scripting an Artisan Guild skill or Adventurer's Guild task, will lose HALF of their current bounty points or 50 ranks in an artisan's guild or 10 ranks in a professional guild skill.

Second Offense: In addition to the second warning, substanial penalties may be assessed, including experience inefficiency penalities, and the loss of all current outstanding bounty points. The character may also be removed from the Adventurer's Guild for 30 days, and lose up to HALF of ALL ranks in an artisan or professional guild skill.

Third Offense: The account, plus all related accounts, can be locked out for 30 days. In addition, substantial experience inefficiency penalities can be assessed, all Artisan's or profession guild skill ranks may be removed, and all characters on the account may be removed from the Adventurer's Guild for at least 30 days and forfeit all current rewards.

>
Itzel says, "The whole thing. I'll rejoin you when you're done."
>
Itzel gestures and a shaft of scintillating light from somewhere above pierces the ceiling and engulfs her. When the light recedes Itzel is no longer there.
>'Sure thing.
You say, "Sure thing."
>policy next
You need to read each section fully, you must wait 18 seconds before reading the next page.
>policy 1

GemStone IV Player Policy: Introduction

This policy is in addition to the overall TERMS AND CONDITIONS that every user of Simutronics services agrees to follow. Included in the Terms are topics like use of accounts, use of vulgarity, and use of the service. We strongly recommend that every Player read the TERMS and CONDITIONS on the web site, as every user is required to follow them and this Policy. Our goal is to provide an enjoyable experience for the majority of our Players. If you have any questions about either the TERMS AND CONDITIONS or this policy after reading them, you may put in an assist to speak with a staff member.

By using GemStone IV, players agree that Simutronics reserves the sole right to make the final determination of what is and is not in violation of any part of this policy. Other policies in addition to the ones listed here may occasionally be necessary (such as unique rules for a quest). Therefore, Simutronics also reserves the right to make special-case adjustments to its policies and the steps it takes concerning violation of these policies.

Your next unread page is page #2.
>
* Klaser just bit the dust!
>policy next
You need to read each section fully, you must wait 17 seconds before reading the next page.
>policy next
You need to read each section fully, you must wait 4 seconds before reading the next page.
>policy next
You need to read each section fully, you must wait 1 seconds before reading the next page.
>policy next
You need to read each section fully, you must wait 1 seconds before reading the next page.
>policy next
Usage: POLICY {page}

GemStone IV Player Policy

Topics Page Topics Page
------------------------------ --------------------------------
Introduction.................1 Score Lists...................11
Role-Play....................2 GameMasters, Sages and Hosts..12
Abusive/Disruptive Behavior..3 Repair/Replacement Of Items...13
Player vs Player Conflict....4 Unique Items..................14
Solicitations................5 Game Mechanics and Changes....15
Character Names..............6 Quests And Special Events.....16
Bug Abuse....................7 Privacy.......................17
Delays Or Slowdowns..........8 Scripting Abuse...............18
Transferring Characters......9 Violations Of Policy..........19
Character Purges............10 High Maintenance Guests.......20

Your next unread page is page #2.
>scratch head
You are currently tasked with reading the POLICY file, please type "POLICY 2" to read your next unread page.
>policy 2

GemStone IV Player Policy: Role-playing

GemStone IV is a Role-playing Game. This means that players interact in the world playing the part of their characters in a medieval fantasy environment. This is known as "in character" (IC) and means that the player is acting out the part believably. The term "out of character" (OOC) means that the player is behaving inconsistently with their character's situation in the game (such as discussing the latest sports event, singing the latest music release, playing the part of a starship captain, or communicating in French, Swahili or any earthly language other than English (Elanthia's Common tongue).

Players are expected to remain in character. Generally, if someone wants or needs to be OOC (such as explain game mechanics to another player), they may do so in ways that are not in public. Using a private room (one with a locked or latched door) or talking in whispers is recommended. Note that tables are considered in public.

When one individual is reducing the enjoyment of other players by out-of-character behavior (be it by speech, actions, ESP messages, or any other method of communication within GemStone IV), this may be considered disruptive behavior. Private rooms, whispers, direct thoughts to another player through ESP, or any other methods of communication are not excluded from this if one of the participants involved objects.

Staff Member Characters (GMs, Sages, and Hosts) are necessary to keep the game running smoothly and to assist players with working out problems and are inherently OOC entities because of the nature of their tasks. Because of the reasons a Player may need the assistance of a staff member, interactions with staff characters are not required to be IC. It would be extremely difficult for a high elf to describe the details of a serious game mechanics calculation bug that the character would never see, but the Player has to talk about the numbers involved. This only applies to Staff Member characters, not interactions with Non-player characters (merchants, creatures, royalty, or other NPCs). These should be IC.

Your next unread page is page #3.
>'I thought there was a POLICY NEXT option. Oh well.
You say, "I thought there was a POLICY NEXT option. Oh well."
>policy 3

GemStone IV Player Policy: Abusive Or Disruptive Behavior

Because GemStone IV is a multi-player game, there can sometimes be a conflict between an individual player's idea of entertainment and that of the majority of the players as a whole. In such situations, the majority will be given the greatest weight.

GemStone IV is designed for the enjoyment of everyone, and as a general rule, any behavior which is specifically targeted to lessen that enjoyment for another player may be in violation of GemStone IV policy. While what is disruptive is an extremely long list, it includes things such as harassment, sexual advances, and actions specifically targeted to be disruptive.

Your next unread page is page #4.
>policy 4
You need to read each section fully, you must wait 15 seconds before reading the next page.
>policy 4
You need to read each section fully, you must wait 5 seconds before reading the next page.
>policy 4
>policy 4

GemStone IV Player Policy: Player vs Player Conflict

There are elements in GemStone IV that promote a competitive environment. GemStone IV has been designed to promote competition as player vs. creature, or player vs. puzzle, and not generally player vs. player.

Some events (such as the Gladiatorial Games), encourage player vs. player combat in a structured setting. Also, some players will choose to role-play a competitive situation between themselves, and will combat each other, which is acceptable. What is not acceptable is to initiate combat against unsuspecting victims, especially to prey upon weaker players for the singular enjoyment of the attacker. As a rule of thumb, Character vs. Character (role-playing -CvC) combat is acceptable, while Player vs. Player (OOC or disruptive - PvP) is not.

There are many gray areas in terms of defining what is acceptable competition, and what is abusive behavior. For example, a pickpocket stealing items or silvers. This *can* be considered an open invitation for CvC, but losing 25 silvers isn't exactly cause for death. Losing large amounts might be though. Another example, the classic duel (Character 1: You have insulted my honor and I must defend that to the death! Character 2: Have at thee Knave!) is on the surface acceptable, but on the other hand saying dueling (Player 1: Wanna duel? Player 2: Yeah) isn't as it can be considered OOC.

In general, Simutronics will not get involved in a conflict confined to a small group of players unless it threatens to overlap to others or cause a generally disruptive influence on the game.

Your next unread page is page #5.
>policy 5

GemStone IV Player Policy: Solicitations

GemStone IV may not be used as a venue for promotion of competing products or services. Casual discussion of the genre (such as saying "The Lord of the Rings is a great book") is acceptable as long as it falls within the role-playing section of policy (such as in whispers, locked rooms, etc).

Your next unread page is page #6.
>
* Bexol just bit the dust!
>policy 6
You need to read each section fully, you must wait 26 seconds before reading the next page.
>policy 6
You need to read each section fully, you must wait 6 seconds before reading the next page.
>policy 6
You need to read each section fully, you must wait 3 seconds before reading the next page.
>
* Shaey just bit the dust!
>policy 6
>policy 6
>policy 6

GemStone IV Player Policy: Character Names

The following guidelines are in place to ensure a high level of consistency among the names of the adventurers within our community. Players consistently creating names that violate the guidelines may be formally warned or face suspension of playing privileges.

- Vulgarity of any sort will not be allowed.
- Racist or racist related terms are clearly unacceptable. (Klan, Towelhead)
- Names clearly in bad taste will not be allowed. (Lykmi Pihole or Monkeyspanker)
- Names of well-known historical or religious figures. (Hitler, God, St. Peter, Gandhi)
- Copyrighted or trademarked names. (Nintendo, Lucasfilm, Chevy)
- Famous Out-of-genre literary figures or well-known literary terms. (Buck Rogers, Chewy Bacca)
- Names taken from movies, cartoons or video games.
- Technology based names. (Laserbrain, Jetfighter, Mouseclicker)
- Names of current or past well-known personalities. (Madonna, Goldberg, Cronkite)
- Garbage names. (xxbdgscy , yyyzzz)
- Names with repetitive letters. Two may be allowed, three will not. (xxfredxx, Ghannndalf, Marrrisa)
- Phrases. (Ima toasteroven, Worldsgreatest Treeclimber)
- Names with titles in them. (Knight Blackness, Mistress Bombshell)
- Silly or out of genre names. (Frogeater Tongueodeath, Bumblebee Tunahead)
- Names created specifically to mock current players.
- Names too similar to names of Staff members or NPCs in game.
- Odd punctuation or capitalization. (Fragel DeLYon)

There may be names within the lands that do not adhere to the above guidelines. The fact that these names were created prior to this revision has no bearing on the creation of new names. We will not argue or debate names currently in the game, if we feel a newly created name violates our guidelines.

If you were sent to re-create your name, but feel your name is acceptable, and you wish to appeal, you must file the appeal in writing to feedback@simutronics.com. Your request will be submitted to the senior staff for review. Be prepared to wait 1 to 2 weeks for a review of your appeal.

If an existing name is found to be a blatant violation of our guidelines, the senior staff may either request or force a name change depending upon the severity of the guideline breech or disruption among the community.

Your next unread page is page #7.
>policy 6
You need to read each section fully, you must wait 16 seconds before reading the next page.
>policy 7
You need to read each section fully, you must wait 14 seconds before reading the next page.
>policy 7
You need to read each section fully, you must wait 6 seconds before reading the next page.
>policy 7

GemStone IV Player Policy: Bug Abuse

Attempts to gain an unfair advantage which circumvents the letter or spirit of the rules presented in the documentation and version notes, as judged solely by Simutronics, are a violation of policy. Types of abuse range from sending special characters or signals to the software to obtain an unusual result, to using normal game mechanics in ways they are clearly not intended.

Examples of serious bug abuse: Disconnecting from the merchant manager to avoid paying the purchase price of an item; finding a "feedback loop" with spells or mana points, which allows spells to be cast multiple times with little or no cost; repeatedly injuring yourself (or another character) in order to generate experience for an empath or cleric; finding a special circumstance in which to use a potion whereby its quantity is not decremented when it is used; abusing game mechanics to cause duplication of items or silver.

Abusing bugs disrupts the balance of GemStone IV and reduces its effectiveness to remain an entertaining product. Sometimes there will be a great temptation to abuse a bug for personal gain because the negative effect is not readily apparent. Therefore, Simutronics will exercise no tolerance whatsoever for anyone participating in this type of activity.

Bugs should *always* be reported. Serious bugs should be REPORTed and BUGged, while minor ones should be BUGged. If you observe someone else abusing a serious bug, or discussing a plan to abuse one, and fail to report it, you are subject to the same penalties as they are. Serious bugs should be reported through GemStone IV Feedback.

Benefits obtained from bug abuse may be confiscated. Failure to cooperate with Simutronics as to the extent or nature of a bug, or failure to be honest about the benefits obtained from bug abuse, is grounds for immediate lock-out from GemStone IV.

Your next unread page is page #8.
>
* Appoloin just bit the dust!
>policy 8

GemStone IV Player Policy: Delays Or Slowdowns

Some delay between commands is a normal consequence of playing a game on a network. Delays are typically only a few seconds, but may occasionally be longer. Additionally, some delays may affect only one player, because he or she is having problems with a local network node.

If a character is harmed because of a delay (or "slowdown") which was caused by a Simutronics system-wide delay which affected all users, repair or replacement of the damage may only be authorized if three separate criteria are met: 1. The damage was related directly to the slowdown; 2. The slowdown was at least 10 seconds in duration; and 3. The slowdown is verifiable by Simutronics.

Your next unread page is page #9.
>policy 9
You need to read each section fully, you must wait 16 seconds before reading the next page.
>policy 9

GemStone IV Player Policy: Transferring Characters

Under no circumstances will Simutronics transfer an existing character from one online service to a different service. If you decide to switch online services, you will have to either roll up a new character from the new service, or continue to use the old service to play your old character.

Even within the same service, characters generally cannot be transferred from one account to another, except in certain specific situations. For example, if a user moves, he or she may require a new account, which would require the transferring of the player's character from the old account to the new one.

To request the transfer of your character from one account to another, use the GemStone IV Feedback option. All requests to transfer a character to another account must be approved by the management of that particular service.

Transferring Characters (Platinum Specific)

Due to the extent of disruption caused when a character changes ownership within the Platinum community, any account owner wishing to transfer his or her character to a new account, or any account owner who wishes to transfer his account ownership to a new person, must first gain the approval of the Platinum Guru.

Approval may be gained by consulting the Platinum Guru, either from within the product or via e-mail. The Platinum Guru will endeavor to determine whether the character or account transfer is legitimate.

Legitimate transfers include, but are not limited to:

* Situations where a family started playing on one account, however, they are interested in playing simultaneously and wish to split the account in order to allow access to Platinum to all members of the Family at once.

* Situations where members of a family are parting ways for any number of reasons (going to college, or divorce, etc.) and responsibility for account payment is being passed from the breadwinner of the family to the actual controller of the characters.

* Situations where members of a family, for one reason or another, wish to consolidate all of their characters into one account.

* Any other legitimate situation where multiple people individually controlled separate characters on a single account and wish to split those characters up in legitimate ways into multiple accounts.

Once the Platinum Guru is consulted, the Platinum Guru must have his decision seconded by one of the following people: The Platinum Gurus Senior Manager, the Producer, or the Customer Service Manager.

Should Simutronics determine that the owner of an account is attempting to bypass this policy (either via transfer of credit card or other means); Simutronics reserves the right to confiscate any account or character involved in the transfer.

Your next unread page is page #10.
>policy 10
You need to read each section fully, you must wait 14 seconds before reading the next page.
>policy 10

GemStone IV Player Policy: Character Purges

Certain inactive characters may be removed from the database to make room for active characters. The rules are as follows:

If someone just logs into the game once or twice for a few minutes, and then never returns, their character may be removed.

The criteria are, if a character's TOTAL playing time in the game is under an hour, and they have not visited the game for at least 15 days, they may be removed.

ANY character, even a high-level one, that has not visited the game for 6 months or more may be removed from the database.

If this happens, your only option is to start a new character, as nothing from the old one (stats, silver, fame, inventory, etc.) will be replaced or re-created.

Your next unread page is page #11.
>policy 11
You need to read each section fully, you must wait 4 seconds before reading the next page.
>policy 11
>policy 11

GemStone IV Player Policy: Score Lists

Simutronics is the sole judge of the accuracy of any high score lists and other event score listings. An announcement by Simutronics as to the winners of an event, is final.

Your next unread page is page #12.
>policy 12
You need to read each section fully, you must wait 9 seconds before reading the next page.
>policy 12
You need to read each section fully, you must wait 3 seconds before reading the next page.
>policy 12
>policy 12

GemStone IV Player Policy: GameMasters and GameHosts.

GameMasters are the equivalent to the GM in tabletop role-playing games. They create the world that characters live in, the events that occur within it, and the non-player characters and creatures that populate it.

GameMasters have several roles: Guest Service Representative, Technical Support for game mechanics, and World Builder.

As Guest Service Representative, GameMasters are frequently on duty to answer any calls for technical help or to address Policy issues that arise. GameMasters will ONLY contact players in an official capacity through email from a play.net e-mail address OR in person in-game. They will NOT use any other methods (for example - AIM, ICQ or MSN Messenger). Do NOT share your password with anyone claiming to be a GameMaster, Sage, or Host. They have no need for that information and will NEVER ask you what it is.

Type HELP first, since many questions are answered within the extensive HELP system. If you still have difficulties or a technical problem with game mechanics, type ASSIST for additional sources of information, one option of which will notify on duty staff members that you have a question.

If it is an emergency or technical problem that will affect the integrity of the game, type REPORT and the specifics of the emergency. Also, while we encourage you to instantly inform us where you feel there is an important issue that may require our immediate attention, please try and limit REPORT to one time and then follow-up with an ASSIST.

Instant action and results should not be expected when reporting. Understand that every report is heard even though there may not be someone on duty and the issue will be addressed. While Staff Members try to answer each REPORT, keep in mind that they may need to focus on taking care of the issue (such as stopping a programming loop so that the game doesn't crash or preventing a character from being corrupted in the database time is of the essence) and fixing the problem takes priority over everything else. Therefore, you may not receive an answer to your REPORT.

Unless a staff member requests additional information through REPORT, please try and give additional information through ASSIST. Additional REPORTs can be distracting when the staff is trying to fix a problem. Over-use or misuse of REPORT can result in a warning.

While able to handle Technical Support in depth for game mechanics issues, GameMasters may not give solutions to puzzles or give out details which Players are supposed to discover for themselves. For example, a GameMaster could examine a locked chest to see if it was constructed properly, but would not typically be allowed to tell you its exact difficulty level, or what number you would have to roll in order to be able to open it.

GameMasters may not make personalized items for players. NPC GM-run characters running special events such as merchants may. GameMasters may not show favoritism towards one player or another. Specific concerns about favoritism or in-game decisions about policy enforcement should be directed to the Senior GM staff.

VERY IMPORTANT: Although one of the roles that a GameMasters fills is Customer Service oriented, their main responsibility is to preserve the integrity of the game's rules and balance. In situations where customer service may conflict with preserving the integrity of the game, the GameMaster is required to put the rules first.

GameHosts

GameHosts are volunteer staff members who assist Players with basic mechanics questions, assist with finding help sources and aid with simple trouble shooting. GameHosts can not handle involved Policy enforcement situations or mediate disputes, but can record concerns and bring issues to the attention of Sages and GMs. Often, GMs will ask Players to put in an assist so that a GameHost may record their side of a problem and/or get a REFER. GameHosts may not replace items nor give out game secrets.

Your next unread page is page #13.
>policy 13

GemStone IV Player Policy: Repair Or Replacement

Simutronics is not obligated to credit or replace losses for any user if their use is interrupted by a software failure or other service interrupt. Simutronics' sole obligation is to make a reasonable effort to fix a software problem or to return service as quickly as possible (except in cases where the service interrupt is not related to the GemStone IV product itself). Simutronics has no control over and is not responsible for hardware or software that it does not own (internet routers or a user's ISP for example).

If it appears that your character is missing some points or that something about your character or its inventory has changed unexpectedly, you may inform us by typing ASSIST and speaking to a GameMaster directly. Simutronics will attempt to investigate the problem, and may, at its sole discretion, authorize adjustments to your score or inventory. GameMasters are empowered to make many on-the-spot decisions about replacement, but some situations will require approval from Simutronics management. GameMasters will inform Players about these situations when further research or approval is required.

Some missing items are caused by normal means, such as a weapon which is broken in combat, silver lost to a pickpocket, or a mis-typed line. For example, if you were to type PUT SWORD IN SACK, this would normally put the sword into your own sack, but if there were to be a sack on the ground (perhaps left there by another player), your sword would instead go into that sack, and when you reached for it later, you might think it had just "disappeared." In any case where an item is lost or damaged through this type of normal game mechanics, repair or replacement may not be authorized. Items lost due to sharing passwords or accounts will not be replaced.

In many instances, Simutronics' only recourse in determining the cause of a problem a user may experience, is to verify that the programming involved is reliable. If specific game mechanics function correctly, and repeated tests under similar circumstances as the reported problem yield correct results, then we must rule that what the user saw is attributed to some type of communication problem or a misunderstanding of the output.

If Simutronics cannot verify that an error in programming has occurred or cannot verify the construction of the missing item, then the replacement request will be declined. Characters will ONLY be replaced due to an error in Simutronics programming. Players may help verify construction of items by registering their items regularly. See the town registrar to register your items. Also see the Unique Items section.

Note that some items may change the way they work from the last time they were handled. See the Game Mechanics section for more information about these instances. Compensation or replacement requests will be declined in cases where mechanics balance adjustments have been made and are working properly.

Your next unread page is page #14.
>policy 14
You need to read each section fully, you must wait 2 seconds before reading the next page.
>policy 14

GemStone IV Player Policy: Unique Items

Because of the volume of items and the wide range of distribution methods used for items that exist within GemStone IV, Simutronics cannot, and does not, maintain detailed records of the types of items, and who claims them.

It is possible that there will be mistakes in item creation from time to time. These mistakes may be technical, invalid or unreasonable parameters, or elements which are outside the guidelines and mythos of the game environment.

Items vary widely in their scope, concept, and usefulness. Some items of similar or exact appearance may have different powers.

Therefore, the following policy is imposed on these items:

- Simutronics will not replace or repair unique items under any circumstances other than bug fixes we initiate at our sole discretion. Therefore, if you lose one of these items in a crash, we may not be able to replace it because we will not have any documentation on what it was, or how it really worked.

- Simutronics can and will, at its sole discretion, make adjustments or repairs to these items as needed. In most cases, if an error represents a clear imbalance, you will not lose the benefits you acquired while the item was working the way it was. The exception to this is if it was a mistake that has an effect on world balance.

- Simutronics is not required to make any notification that a change has occurred. If you see that an item suddenly shifts its operation, then the reason is either due to a repair, or that the item was programmed to do what it does for some reason. Items should never be trusted to ALWAYS behave perfectly predictably.

- In very rare instances, an item may have to be confiscated if it is seriously in error. GameMasters may replace it at their discretion with the next item in the unique item queue (though this will probably not have any relationship to the benefits/powers of the one removed).

Your next unread page is page #15.
>policy 15

GemStone IV Player Policy: Game Mechanics and Game Changes

Simutronics reserves the right to make modifications to any and all game mechanics and rules at any time, without notice.

Simutronics has a responsibility to preserve the balance of the game for the majority of the players, and furthermore, to maintain a level of challenge that is adequate for this type of product. Therefore, Simutronics will routinely add new rules, modify existing rules, and even go back and change new additions that did not function as expected.

These changes can impact your character in a variety of ways. If you feel that the change unfairly penalizes your character, or your character type, given the requirements of balance, challenge, and the general good of the game, then you may make your views known to Simutronics via GemStone IV Feedback (not ASSIST or REPORT).

Simutronics maintains a longer range view which may IV in conflict with short-term and character-specific interests, but Simutronics will always attempt to make the best decision for the overall good of the game.

Your next unread page is page #16.
>policy 16
You need to read each section fully, you must wait 8 seconds before reading the next page.
>policy 16

GemStone IV Player Policy: Quests And Special Events

Quests and special events may happen at any time. Simutronics is not required to give warning that a quest will be run. Some quests are announced ahead of time, while others are run spontaneously. The intent is to involve characters and players in a living story, much as they would if the world was real and the character was truly living and breathing within.

Because of this, quests and special events have inherent dangers in them over and above the normal dangers to your character while playing GemStone IV. This could mean the death of your character, the loss of inventory, the threat of kidnapping or capture, and many other possibilities due to choices your character, someone elses character or even a staff NPC makes. Not every quest or event will end up working out in your favor, so be careful with choices and actions with your character, as they will have repercussions, both good and bad.

You have the option of choosing not to participate in an ongoing quest, by typing ASSIST and requesting that you be removed from the quest. This must be done as soon as you are aware that there is a quest in progress. Once you have become involved, it is up to the GameMaster running the quest as to whether your request to be removed should be honored.

Some quests and special events have a limited capacity. For these limited space quests and events, not everyone who shows up will be able to participate. Most quests and events will be run again at a later date, but there is no guarantee of the frequency of these quests, or that any particular player will be able to participate in any of them.

If you participate in a quest, please do not discuss the details of the puzzles with other players, because this can decrease their own enjoyment of it when their turn comes around. Also, please do not broadcast puzzle solutions or other spoilers over general means of communication, such as the ESP network, or the public Message Board topics.

Awards may be given out at the end of quests and other events, but participation in an event does not guarantee an award. Even though a player may have contributed to the solution of a puzzle, or role-played well, their actions at those times may not be monitored. Simutronics is not required to monitor all quest participants.

Quest participants who are being disruptive may be removed from the quest at the discretion of the GM running the event and will not be eligible for any refunds. Examples of disruptive behavior in addition to the normal disruption definition are:
- Making disparaging comments about the quest or the people involved.
- Actively thwarting the progress of other participants.
- Players who have participated in a quest before or by players who have received puzzle solutions from other participants who lessen the enjoyment of other players who wish to discover the solutions for themselves (Such as solving the quest or giving out answers just to get to the next step).

Your next unread page is page #17.
>policy 17
You need to read each section fully, you must wait 5 seconds before reading the next page.
>policy 17

GemStone IV Player Policy: Privacy

Staff members may not eavesdrop on private conversations unless there is a reasonable concern that such conversations relate to breaking policy, disruptive behavior, or ongoing events. In general, we try to respect player privacy as much as possible, however no area in the game is completely private. All actions and conversations within GemStone IV are subject to monitoring at any time.

Your next unread page is page #19.
>policy 19

GemStone IV Player Policy: Violations Of Policy

Anyone found to be in violation of the GemStone IV policies or Simutronics Terms and Conditions, at the sole discretion of Simutronics, may be warned or removed from the game. Please keep in mind that GameMasters may not rely on a Players word alone when handling possible Policy violations, however a Players history may be taken into account on any given violation decision.

This list is used as a general guideline by GameMasters in determining steps to take. The actual decision will vary based upon the severity of the decision and the history of violations on *any* accounts connected to a players account.

1. First violation: The user will receive a warning describing the breach of policy Simutronics believes they have committed, either onscreen or in e-mail. Incidents of scamming and serious bug abuse may be locked out for a minimum of two months on the first violation. Scamming is deliberate use of game mechanics to bilk another player (for example, selling mystery notes and getting a note of a value lower than the sale from the bank after the sale is made, or deliberately stealing items or silvers from one account to transfer to another.)

2. Second violation: The user may be locked out of GemStone IV for a period of up to one month, and will be notified via Email. A second violation for bug abuse or scamming may result in a permanent lockout.

3. Third violation: The user may be locked out of GemStone IV for any duration up to and including permanent.

4. In certain circumstances, such as extremely abusive behavior, a user may be locked out without warning or notice of any kind.

If the user has more than one account, all accounts, on all services, may be simultaneously subject to the above actions.

Any account that is being used by a person who has already had a lockout issued on them may also be locked out. This includes accounts that are not registered to the person who is locked out. The lockout for *both* accounts will be re-started from the date that the second account was removed.

If anyone is locked out of one Simutronics product, for any reason, Simutronics may choose to lock that user's accounts out of ALL Simutronics products, on all services. This includes current and future Simutronics products. If a user is discovered to be playing on an account which is registered to a fraudulent or incorrect name, address, or billing method, that may also be grounds for immediate lockout.

Players are also always subject to the policies of the online services that provide the connection to GemStone IV. If a player violates the policy of the online service, then that is also considered to be a violation of GemStone IV Player Policy. Reports of such policy violations may be forwarded to the online service involved.

Players wishing to appeal a warning may do so through GemStone IV Feedback (found on the website or through e-mail at gsfeedback@simutronics.com).

Players wishing to dispute a lockout may do so through lockout@simutronics.com. Once a lockout request has been put in place, GameMasters may not handle requests for information or appeals.

Simutronics, at its discretion, will have the Senior GM staff review decisions on warnings or lockouts and take appropriate action. Note that all situations will not merit a Senior GM review.

Your next unread page is page #20.
>policy 20
You need to read each section fully, you must wait 11 seconds before reading the next page.
>policy 20

GemStone IV Player Policy: High Maintenance Guests

In certain situations, the overall pattern of behavior on an account or a set of linked accounts may be determined to be disruptive or abusive, even if no one single act clearly violates any specific policy.

In such cases, Simutronics reserves the right to determine what patterns of behavior are defined as "high-maintenance" or "disruptive" and may take action against the account(s), ranging from a simple request to moderate/control the high-maintenance behavior, to total lockout of all linked accounts.

You have completed reading the policy file.
>tap
You tap your foot impatiently.
>

SEND[Itzel] I will be with you in a moment.

>nod
You nod.
>'I'm not getting why you are pulling all of my characters.
You say, "I'm not getting why you are pulling all of my characters."
>'But my request would be to talk through Renian.
You say, "But my request would be to talk through Renian."
>'Outrageous!
You exclaim, "Outrageous!"
>
* Darandir just bit the dust!
>
A shaft of scintillating light suddenly pierces the ceiling and strikes the ground next to you. The beam of light then explodes in a shower of sparks and Itzel is standing in its place.
>nod
You nod.
>l
[Consultation Lounge]
>look it
She is of a diminutive stature and appears to be youthful. She has kohl-rimmed green eyes and pale, lightly freckled skin. She has short, reddish-gold hair cut into a gamine bob. She has a heart-shaped face and a pointed chin. Her beestung mouth is painted a shiny carmine.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing some angular black-framed spectacles, an ivory leather turtle bandolier, a zombie possum, a sleeveless black linen gown, and a heavy silver signet ring.
>'Not sure why you pulled all characters that I am currently controlling.
You say, "Not sure why you pulled all characters that I am currently controlling."
>
Itzel says, "Having looked at your records, I am requesting a lockout on all four of your, admitted, accounts. You have been locked out previously for bot-scripting, and were instructed at the time of your relase not to engage in that activity again."
>'Please look further into that record, Itzel.
You say, "Please look further into that record, Itzel."
>
Itzel says, "You may contact Feedback if you have questions or concerns."
>'You will see a note that says that Aethor was the one who was scripting, and that I, myself, agreed that I will not script while AFK again.
You say, "You will see a note that says that Aethor was the one who was scripting, and that I, myself, agreed that I will not script while AFK again."
>'Further, I was not AFK in this situation. Further harassment of me will only spark the ire of not only myself, but a large portion of the Gemstone community, especially as I had resolved the previous issue with feedback.
You say, "Further, I was not AFK in this situation. Further harassment of me will only spark the ire of not only myself, but a large portion of the Gemstone community, especially as I had resolved the previous issue with feedback."
>
Itzel says, "I'm afraid this issue is now between you and Feedback."
>
* Kupaka just bit the dust!
>

Tiad, this is an official warning, that Scripting Abuse is against GemStone IV policy. If you persist in ignoring these warnings, you risk losing permanent access to GemStone IV on all of your accounts.

If you feel this warning was received in error, please speak to a GameHost by typing ASSIST REQUEST.

You can also learn more about GemStone IV policies online, by typing POLICY while in the game or by visiting http://www.play.net/gs4/gamepolicy.asp.

>'I take that as a challenge.
You say, "I take that as a challenge."
>
* Rhylie just bit the dust!
>
[The Cell]
You are in a specially-created exitless room. This room was created because of your unacceptable activities in GemStone, which will no longer be tolerated. Please contact us at lockout@simutronics.com for further information, if you desire.
>
* Fehala just bit the dust!
>

Xaerve
06-02-2008, 09:07 PM
HE LOCKED YOU OUT?

What the mother fuck; if this is real I am closing down a few of my accounts--I'm not paying to get fucking helper guys locked out that I, like you, only use for myself.

What a fucking crock of shit.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
06-02-2008, 09:09 PM
The new scripting "crack down" is pretty much bullshit.

That's really fucked up.

Sean of the Thread
06-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Holy shit.

Apathy
06-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Wow, what a tool (Itzel). If running a script to automate mundane shit in GS while you're still actively reading/playing will get you locked out I'm glad I didn't give into my desire to make myself a hypocrite and reactivate.

TheEschaton
06-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Wait, they locked out all your accounts, and you were only using scripts to heal your own characters?

-TheE-

Renian
06-02-2008, 09:18 PM
Wait, they locked out all your accounts, and you were only using scripts to heal your own characters?

-TheE-

Ding!

You say, "Further, I was not AFK in this situation. Further harassment of me will only spark the ire of not only myself, but a large portion of the Gemstone community, especially as I had resolved the previous issue with feedback."

Let's show them what kind of ire we can bring.

Naelan
06-02-2008, 09:18 PM
This shit is getting out of hand.

Renian
06-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Oh, bonus: I have two monitors that I use so I can effectively monitor ALL of my characters, and have set up sounds that play whenever I need to pay attention because they are actually doing something that causes me to gain xp/silvers, etc. Meaning I do my hardest to pay attention.

I would ask that all of you write feedback about this situation. I would love you all forever. That's gsfeedback@simutronics.com

Unless you don't want it. That's cool too.

TheEschaton
06-02-2008, 09:20 PM
So, by extension, all those characters which spellup on command they'll be cracking down on too? They provide a mechanical benefit, and I will then have no use for my pocket wizard.

SolitareConfinement
06-02-2008, 09:33 PM
im honestly in shock over this log...just absolutely rediculous, if you get it overturned i'd do something like change the tap to maybe a speak at you match or something to that effect....not sure how scripting works in lich but thats what i'd change make it so you seem to be "rping" with yourself because it seriously seems like the only thing that made them notice and get pissy was the tapping so maybe use a matching situation that respods to a "verbal" request....and with my paranoia i'd actually set up like 5 different responses so they don't pick it up so easily

Numbers
06-02-2008, 09:36 PM
That's pretty bullshit. And it was in your premium home, too?

Itzel needs to suck a wang.

Renian
06-02-2008, 09:37 PM
I am RPing with myself when I tap Tiad. My RP in regards to Tiad is that he is my hired Empath, whom I offered a job after seeing how fast he can heal. However, I constantly mistreat him--but he sticks with me because he knows I'm not really all that bad. Besides, with the amount of wounds I come back with, it gives him amazing, consistent practice at increasing the speed of his heals. And it's mostly relaxing; he doesn't have to move much! The fact that I can just tap him for healing while covered in wounds just means we don't need words to express the obvious. I just tap him because he's dozing off or whatnot.

Yes, I do beat Tiad in public sometimes. And he whines about his poor pay, but he can't deny the experience.

Apathy
06-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Regardless of whether its an emote or matching a phrase, if he's actively playing all of the accounts in question he has every right to use that script.

Demand an apology after your lockout is reversed.

Renian
06-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Fuck that, I demanded disciplinary action against Itzel.

Jaimaltz
06-02-2008, 09:40 PM
It seems like an unwritten rule the GM's use...that if you argue back or try to plead your case at all, they fuck you over. If you had shut the hell up and just agreed to whatever bullshit he said you wouldn't have even gotten a warning. E-Peen power trip for the win!

Renian
06-02-2008, 09:42 PM
It seems like an unwritten rule the GM's use...that if you argue back or try to plead your case at all, they fuck you over. If you had shut the hell up and just agreed to whatever bullshit he said you wouldn't have even gotten a warning. E-Peen power trip for the win!

True. And I won't take it anymore.

Snapp
06-02-2008, 09:46 PM
If that log is accurate, that's pretty fucked up and Itzel seems to have a stick up his ass. Good luck, I hope it's overturned.

Ps: It's Tayre's fault :D

SayGoodbye
06-02-2008, 09:50 PM
She is in good shape.

Looks like a chick.

Drew2
06-02-2008, 09:50 PM
Lol, look what I started.

futhermore, since my ban I've been told that it was Feedback that insisted I be locked out, and indeed not Lothwyn. I'm pretty sure Cuntsand and Co. wrote to feedback enough to annoy them and they just got rid of me.

Renian
06-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Oh. It's a chick? Srsly? That's bad, because my letter to feedback refers to her as a dude.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
06-02-2008, 09:51 PM
It could be possible that Itzel is merely the messenger.

After Andy quit, he did say that he disagreed with what he had to do to Tayre, but that he was forced to do it.

Renian
06-02-2008, 09:54 PM
Maybe. But Tayre caused what GMs perceived as negative externalities for empaths' enjoyment of the game. I don't know what I caused--the fact that I stay up late sometimes and can be the only empath around on Teras? Or the only locksmith? Bard? Wizard?

SayGoodbye
06-02-2008, 09:55 PM
There was no one there to report him. She was watching him.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
06-02-2008, 09:56 PM
In no way do I side with them on this, I think you getting locked out is really jacked up. But I'm just saying that this new "scripting policy" seems to fall in line with what happened to Drew and it seems like there's a decent chance that it's coming from higher up rather than the GMs themselves.

Brielus
06-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Im deffinatly gonna write feedback on this one dude.. havin an asshat like that runnin around pullin people because he didnt get his mornin shot of trim makes me nervous about even spellin myself up.

Naelan
06-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Lol, look what I started.

futhermore, since my ban I've been told that it was Feedback that insisted I be locked out

I know this is probably a stupid question, but who answers the feedback address? Isn't it just a different GM?

LOL BRIELUS
06-02-2008, 09:57 PM
lol brielus, do it!

Renian
06-02-2008, 09:58 PM
It is. But that feedback GM actually seems to like me. And I <3'd Antavian.

The feedback GMs seem more with it.

Naelan
06-02-2008, 10:00 PM
It is. But that feedback GM actually seems to like me. And I <3'd Antavian.

The feedback GMs seem more with it.

But how can another GM just tell Lothwyn he HAS to do a lockout on Tayre? Wouldn't that have to come from the PM or APM?

JohnDoe
06-02-2008, 10:04 PM
If you're writing an open letter, which I agree you should, I'd try to get ppl to sign it petition style. Could use a site like http://www.thepetitionsite.com/ or something: disclaimer, haven't used that site before so it may suck.

That's probably easier than getting people to actually write feedback and people could continue to post the link on play.net. Makes it more public too. I'd still send your letter to feedback as well.

Stretch
06-02-2008, 10:05 PM
That sucks man.

What's funny is that there used to be multiple empath bots in the Birthing Sands and outside the Barrier who never got busted.

Lothwyn's post around Tayre makes me wonder which person is getting heated over script healing.

Jaimaltz
06-02-2008, 10:06 PM
In no way do I side with them on this, I think you getting locked out is really jacked up. But I'm just saying that this new "scripting policy" seems to fall in line with what happened to Drew and it seems like there's a decent chance that it's coming from higher up rather than the GMs themselves.

Partially true, but it was clearly up the GM's discretion because she gave him a way out with just sticking something in his file and not even a warning. Reading the log, as soon as he started to plead his case (and before he got defensive), she's already being outright hostile towards him. The fact that she got all pissed off that he agreed to stop the activity pending a talk with feedback (since if it were actually against policy, he'd get the same answer from feedback) was just absurd. Is she a n00b GM or something, just careening to get her kicks fucking with paying customers that posed no real disruption at all (given by the log which has no one but his own characters to disrupt in the first place), and is was merely doing what a shitload of other people do with multi accounting (which brings simu more money)?

Renian
06-02-2008, 10:07 PM
The petition online means nothing.

I intend to not only write out the letter, but post it on PC and get group revisions, and sign with their character name and the number of accounts that they own that they will cancel should our demands not be met. You know, tell them how much of the Gemstone community they will lose, and the revenue that they will lose. If they have any economic sense and wish to be profit maximizing, they will follow through.

Some Rogue
06-02-2008, 10:20 PM
I knew Adokas was script hunting wind wraiths. It's fucking annoying. Is the other script hunter down there you too?

IdunlikeUeither
06-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Itzels been on a lockout frenzy.. She issued an official warning and 24 hour lockout for saying "rough sex" and then when the person posted on the Officials, the post got pulled and they got ANOTHER official warning.. for inappropriate posting.

Ridiculous... someones either ragging hardcore or on a sick powertrip

Renian
06-02-2008, 10:33 PM
I knew Adokas was script hunting wind wraiths. It's fucking annoying. Is the other script hunter down there you too?

Yeah, I'm Thalish. Are you Porchmaster? lol

If it was bothering you, I can set up my script so it will leave if it sees you. :)

Or, if it's the movement that's bothering you, I can slow that down. He does run crazy fast across that place when he really doesn't need to.

AndyDrew
06-02-2008, 10:48 PM

No, the scripting policy revision was my creation due to the excessive number of bots, and bot clusters, that exploded in recent years.

The Tayre incident, as he said, resulted from feedback complaints that caught the attention of the PM.

And I can guarantee you there is likely a lot more associated with this incident that was not shown to you. I used to come and read threads to see how much detail people left out to make themselves look better and garnish sympathy, and it was amusing.

A

Renian
06-02-2008, 10:48 PM
That sucks, Lothwyn. However, I left nothing out. I have not received any previous warnings from GMs about my recent scripting, telling me to can it. This was incredibly sudden.

I'm sorry, but I'm being completely honest here. Your guarantee falls flat. If there was more, then I am not aware of it.

Naelan
06-02-2008, 10:53 PM
No, the scripting policy revision was my creation due to the excessive number of bots, and bot clusters, that exploded in recent years.

Thats all fine and good. They can revise policy all they want. But the kicker is, he didn't break policy as far as can be seen. At least not in this instance.

Eoghain
06-02-2008, 10:54 PM
post a letter for us to sign, and i'll send it to them from my account.

Methais
06-02-2008, 10:55 PM
If that log is accurate, that's pretty fucked up and Itzel seems to have a stick up his ass. Good luck, I hope it's overturned.

Ps: It's MedicaxyafajfhVIF's fault :D

Fixed.

She is in good shape.

Looks like a chick.

http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/0/V/T/spep_912_ginger_kids.jpg

g++
06-02-2008, 10:55 PM

The Tayre incident, as he said, resulted from feedback complaints that caught the attention of the PM.

And I can guarantee you there is likely a lot more associated with this incident that was not shown to you. I used to come and read threads to see how much detail people left out to make themselves look better and garnish sympathy, and it was amusing.

A

What I dont get is in a game where 200 people are running 400 characters at any given time in a world with thousands of rooms how are you suppost to get anything done without MA'ing and if your MA'ing why would you not want to set up a bot. As long as your watching your other screen...who cares? I dont think I have been able to find a wizard spell up without logging on my own since like 2001.

Drew2
06-02-2008, 10:57 PM
What I dont get is in a game where 200 people are running 400 characters at any given time in a world with thousands of rooms how are you suppost to get anything done without MA'ing and if your MA'ing why would you not want to set up a bot. As long as your watching your other screen...who cares? I dont think I have been able to find a wizard spell up without logging on my own since like 2001.

LOL Yeah as soon as I read this log I thought of how fucked you'll be if they figure out your little setup. Although yours is a little less botted, it seems they don't give a fuck these days.

Renian
06-02-2008, 11:00 PM
I'm going to work on the letter a little bit (or work out) and then go to bed. It'll be done either tomorrow or Wednesday.

But I would just like to say, thank you all* for your overwhelming support. You guys make me remember why I love this game--the community. Whether it be IG, PsiNet, or these forums, you guys are absolutely made of win, and I'm grateful that you are all fighting for me and taking a stand against this bull that is absolutely destroying the game we love. Thank you so much, and I hope that united, we can put an end to this.

Or we can just leave and make Simu's wallet cry on the inside.

*Does not apply to Lysander/Cademus/Lucas/Some Rogue, but may apply to Some Rogue after further discussion and resolution.

g++
06-02-2008, 11:01 PM
Eh mines pretty triggered but it looks pretty natural. Its also entirely in SF. I think what seriously pisses them off is the sheer precision of outside program written bots. They hate the screen scroll and instant no think responses it kind of points out how absurd the game is.

Jaimaltz
06-02-2008, 11:02 PM

A

While you're here, (and clearly it'd be an unofficial answer, but as you said you helped write the policy so maybe we can get somewhat close to it's intention) does simu even consider multi-accounting OK?

I mean, the exact behavior of a bot when only used by one's own characters can be replicated by manually starting a healing script or whatever instead of an automated response to an action, such as a nod. I mean, the only difference is hitting alt-tab and then a macro as opposed to just a macro. Is that something that would get someone locked out too? I imagine there's quite a few people that do just that...and have been for years.

AndyDrew
06-02-2008, 11:02 PM
That sucks, Lothwyn. However, I left nothing out. I have not received any previous warnings from GMs about my recent scripting, telling me to can it. This was incredibly sudden.

I'm sorry, but I'm being completely honest here. Your guarantee falls flat. If there was more, then I am not aware of it.

Renian, you and I both know you've been talked to before about your scripting. In fact, I even remember locking out your cluster of bots last November for running afk healing, lockpicking, and spellcasting bots from your premium home--exactly like this setup.

Further, your cluster was actually last straw that lead to me requesting policy 18 get re-written.

You can play coy with players, but come on. Seriously 'incredibly sudden'? Really?

A stands for amused.

Kyra231
06-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Seriously though, if I'm running my own home made spellup script in private AND watching the screen I'm going to get fucking warned? Or healing myself the fuck down with a script?

That kind of crap is going to make a lot of people cancel extra accts, no point in paying extra to get banned if even being AT the keyboard is going to get you screwed.

~K.

AndyDrew
06-02-2008, 11:06 PM

If you're 100% attentive (and not responding for 5-10 minutes is not 100% attentive--you need to be watching it second by second) you can script as much as you want so long as it does not get into disruptive behavior category (sorry Tayre).

However, people who script generally get lazy and it leads to things like, "I was watching TV but I'm sitting in the chair!" and "I was reading the forums!" You could very well have been, but you still weren't 100% attentive which is a requirement to scripting.

A

Eoghain
06-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Forgetting all previous run ins with Policy 18, what was wrong with this one specific instance? Would I have been locked out for it as well? It's clearly allowed in the Policy.

g++
All my scripts trigger off my main I have to be watching for anything to happen....except fletching...i fucking hate fletching

Some Rogue
Yeah, I'm Thalish. Are you Porchmaster? lol

If it was bothering you, I can set up my script so it will leave if it sees you. :)

Or, if it's the movement that's bothering you, I can slow that down. He does run crazy fast across that place when he really doesn't need to.

Haha, no, I'm not Porchmaster. I'm the other Ren in town hehe. I don't even hunt there now so it's not a big deal. But you're right, he does move really fast.

Renian
06-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Lothwyn,

Were you not informed? It was not I, but Aethor, who was actually AFK. Please read below.

Greetings,

Today I received two IMs reporting to me that my characters had received not one, but two warnings for AFK scripting violations, neither of which I am directly liable for. I wish to know exactly what transpired.
I had given the player of Aethor the access to my accounts to use for his convenience, namely Renian and Tiad, so that he might be able to pick boxes and heal his characters. I am currently enrolled in Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, and have provided him and many others with the services of my characters. With the rigors of my courses, I simply have not had time to play, and trusted him to be able to take good care of my characters, maybe earning them a little bit of XP to boot. I also have attempted to play during whatever leisure time I may have, and use those characters during those times.
However, I was not expecting this. The use of my characters to violate policy? Unacceptable! In my 10+ years of playing, I had not once violated Simutronics policy and was proud of it. I was glad that my characters had a spotless record. I have been checked for AFK scripting before, but on every occasion I have been there. I have consistently been kind and courteous to Simutronics staff as well in all of my dealings with them. I see no reason why these warnings should stick.
Therefore, I ask that I could either meet with a Gamemaster in game to discuss these matters, or have the warnings outright overturned, on the grounds of my previous record, with the agreement that I will continue to abide by the AFK scripting policy (as I have myself), and that I will not give out my account name and password henceforth.

Thank you for your time.

[my name]
[accountnames] account holder
Player of Renian and Tiad

This is currently under review by the senior staff, but the basic circumstances are, the characters were logged in, set up with a script that would activate their specific abilities, and then left there with no supervision. People would walk by, tap them and that would then trigger what they did with no attention paid to the characters beyond that.

Until the staff review is complete, I cannot say with certainty what will happen, but given the extent of the testing process, I expect the request for suspension will go through. Yours were not the only characters involved in this, but all were being used by the same individual who was not paying attention. In one sense this is fortunate. A suspension of this nature is considered to be on the low end of the spectrum and should not have long term consequences.

Having been at this desk for a good number of years now, I can say that this is the least damaging of all the bad things that happen when people share their accounts. It is something we recommend strongly against doing. All too often cases are handed to me where characters have been rerolled, looted, or had other things happen to them from which there is no way to recover.

What happens next will be based on the review, but from first indications, this appears to be exactly why we tell people not to share their accounts.

Respectfully,

GameMaster Sanguious
Simutronics Corporation

Indeed it does make a good case on why people should not share accounts. However, considering that we do know the Simutronics customer that was involved (Aethor), the clean record and respect for policy of my own accounts, and the fact that I was not in on the fact that he was scripting while AFK, I don't see why I should have to take the hit for this.

If I must, for reasons that do not agree with, then I do wish that it be put on my character records that it was not the actual player of Renian and Tiad that caused the violation, but another who had access.

Regards,
[my name]

[my name], the accounts are going to be suspended. To give you a timeline, a couple of the characters were logged in being used as bots for over five days, with multiple incidents during that time. As I was able to identify that another person was playing the accounts, I will add the notes as you request. I also want you to know, the suspension does not apply to the THALISH account. Because of the severity of the incident, all the involved accounts are suspended, and I STRONGLY recommend changing the passwords for all your accounts. I am sorry to have to be the one to inform you what was happening. The full notice is given below.

Because of your repeated violations of Simutronics Policy your ID and all characters attached have been locked out of Simutronics' gaming environment for a period of at least 30 days. This lockout applies to all accounts that are owned or played by you as well. Logging in an account before your lockout is up will result in that account being locked out as well and the lockout time being restarted from the day that account is locked out.

Reason for Lockout: Scripting Policy Violation

I strongly urge you to read our Terms and Conditions file available via our POLICY link. I also urge you to read the Simutronics Terms of Service available in the same area. By violating these policies, you risk not only lockout from this game, but from the entire Simutronics service. You will not be billed while you are locked out.

Your account(s) will be released automatically in one month. Please be aware that if there are further offenses, the account(s) may be reviewed for termination.

Following is a copy of our current policies regarding unattended experience gain:

GemStone IV Player Policy: Scripting Policy

ANY experience-gaining activity while being unresponsive to the gaming environment will be considered against policy. AFK scripting of ANY kind is entirely against policy and is an immediately warnable offense. In addition, ANY activity that allows you to gain NEW experience while using Rest Mode may result in a warning. If your attention is not in the game window, you should log out of the game or stop any experience, skill, or potential and/or actual money-making activities (e.g. fletching arrows for sale), to avoid being warned. The excuse that you looked away from the keyboard or left your desk only for a few minutes will not prevent you from gaining a warning since the Staff will have no way of verifying that fact.

Warnings for scripting or any unresponsive activities are based on the Staff's observation of the character, and the Staff's judgment may vary from instance to instance. Therefore, each instance of long term scripting will be judged independently. Furthermore, GMs have the right to verify any and all characters are following this policy at any time.

Exceptions: In general, if you are running a script or are in Rest Mode and are not gaining any NEW experience, skills, money, or an in-game advantage, it does not fall under this policy. Being AFK or in Rest Mode while absorbing experience you have already gained is not a violation of this policy. However, ANY activity that's deemed by staff to be disruptive or not in the best interest of the game or its players can be warned when discovered. (e.g., if you script moving in and out of a room, a warning may be issued because it causes undue screen scroll. If you are gaining skills passively, a warning may be issued based on your being unresponsive to the gaming environment. If your "Rest Mode" message is determined to be inappropriate, a warning may be issued based on the message being Out Of Character (OOC) or disruptive.)

For the purposes of this policy, all offenses by any character on an account can be treated as having occurred to the same character. As with other policy violations that lead to lockouts, accounts that are "linked" by any method including but not limited to name, address, or other billing information can be treated as the same account in regards to disciplinary action.

First offense: Player receives a formal warning, is moved to a consultation room, loses ALL field experience (unabsorbed experience) and an experience inefficency penalty is added, and must reread and agree to policy before being released. If the character was scripting an Artisan's Guild skill or Adventurer's Guild task, would lose HALF of their current bounty points or 50 ranks in an artisan's or professional guild skill.

Second offense: In addition to the second warning, substantial penalties may be assessed including experience inefficiency penalties, and the loss of all current outstanding bounty points. The character may also be removed from the Adventurer's Guild for 30 days, and lose up to HALF of ALL ranks in artisan or professional guild skills.

Third offense: The account, plus other related accounts, can be locked out for 30 days. In addition, substantial experience inefficiency penalties can be assessed, all Artisan's or professional guild skill ranks may be removed, and all characters on the account may be removed from the Adventurer's Guild for at least 30 days and forfeit all current rewards.

If you have any questions, you may write to me at the above address, and we will do our best to answer you in a timely fashion.
- Show quoted text -

It does not apply to the Thalish account? I am intrigued, and thankful. I am also thankful that you were able to add the notes to Renian and Tiad's accounts. Also, before you even made the recommendation, I changed the passwords of all of my accounts. I do not wish this incident to repeat, and do not have any hard feelings toward Simutronics due to this.

Mostly because by the time those 30 days are up, it'll be Christmas vacation--the only real time I can play again anyway with my workload. Heh!

My thanks to you for adding the notes once again, and for informing me that there is unlikely to be any long-term consequences. That is what I was more worried about.

Regards,
[my name]

No, it does not apply to THALISH, you can still play there as normal. I can see that it wasn't "you" who got the warnings, it was someone using your accounts. On that grounds, I made a point to only remove the involved accounts, and that wasn't THALISH, so that account wasn't suspended. Enjoy the holiday next week, and everyone will be back for the Christmas break.

Sincerely,

GameMaster Sanguious
Simutronics Corporation

Lothwyn, you did the right thing for locking out my characters when you did. They were AFK. But it was not I who was behind them, and it appeared that feedback held no ill will against me for them. Nor do I hold any ill will against you. But I am not Aethor. I am me. And I don't AFK script.

Methais
06-02-2008, 11:10 PM
Lucky for me I'm too lazy (and probably don't know how anyway) to write any bot type scripts, and I have a tattoo on my forehead that says ALT-TAB.

Assuming the OP isn't leaving anything out though, then yeah this GM is a huge fat ginger cuntface.

Celephais
06-02-2008, 11:11 PM
Whenever I hear "lets really show them by closing our accounts!", all I can think of is a little kid holding their breath.

Clearly that log shows you as in the right, being responsive, etc... But the pwnage of you and your "high maintenance" speaks strongly against your evidence.

Anyway, desperation is a stinky stinky cologne.

Naelan
06-02-2008, 11:11 PM
If you're 100% attentive (and not responding for 5-10 minutes is not 100% attentive--you need to be watching it second by second)

A

I had a an instance where I was scripting running drinks with a new character and got a send while the script was running. The check came while the script was moving rooms. I absolutely couldn't see the check due to the screen scrolling so fast. So I got yanked, I responded within a second of being pulled and managed to not get a warn but how would this situation apply? I was there and being as attentive as humanly possible but human eyes are only so fast. Would simply not being able to see the check due to scroll count as AFK?

longshot
06-02-2008, 11:12 PM
post a letter for us to sign, and i'll send it to them from my account.

Oh, that will work...

While you're at it, why don't you handwrite them a letter in red crayon?

Itzel says, "You can either agree to disable it, and I'll put a note in your file, or I can warn you for violating the Policy."
>

You say, "I'll disable it for now while I take it up with feedback, but I'm still not seeing the problem."
>

You say, "I have quoted the relevent piece of Policy 18 that deems this activity acceptable."

You say, "It would appear to me that you are being overzealous."

Why would you say this? If you felt she was overzealous, did you honestly believe that anything good would come by confronting her?

Why couldn't you just disable the script (like you said you would), and then take it up with someone else?

If you're going to try and show someone up, then they're going to get defensive and apply further pressure... which is exactly what happened.

It seems like an incredibly stupid move on your part.

Do I think she went overboard? I honestly can't say. I have no idea of what's happened in the past. All I can see is the snapshot that is this log. I can't infer anything about this particular GM as a person... only their reaction to this particular situation. I don't have all of the facts, and neither does anyone else here.

Does it look like she went crazy? Absolutely... but that doesn't mean that I can definitively say so.

Renian
06-02-2008, 11:13 PM
It seems like an incredibly stupid move on your part.

That particular line? Maybe.

Why couldn't you just disable the script (like you said you would), and then take it up with someone else?

That's what I want to know.

Why would you say this? If you felt she was overzealous, did you honestly believe that anything good would come by confronting her?

We'll see.

AndyDrew
06-02-2008, 11:13 PM
While you're here, (and clearly it'd be an unofficial answer, but as you said you helped write the policy so maybe we can get somewhat close to it's intention) does simu even consider multi-accounting OK?

I mean, the exact behavior of a bot when only used by one's own characters can be replicated by manually starting a healing script or whatever instead of an automated response to an action, such as a nod. I mean, the only difference is hitting alt-tab and then a macro as opposed to just a macro. Is that something that would get someone locked out too? I imagine there's quite a few people that do just that...and have been for years.

As stated in Policy 18, multiaccounting is fine so long as you're not running an unattentive script to control the other characters. If you have scripts controlling the secondary characters, but you have the screens open to where you are visually seeing what is happening from their perspective, and can respond to stuff only they see, then it's fine.

If you're alt-tabbing, and hitting a macro to heal, and then going back to hunting with the other character, you'll likely be tested on the healer to see if a script is running. And since there is no script, you'll be fine. You'll likely get a message around the time you hit your macro again and if you respond to it you're fine. But if you're running a bot that has a verb-attached to activate and is running constantly without being monitored from the bot perception, then you'll get yanked.

A

Renian
06-02-2008, 11:16 PM
I have two monitors so I can watch everyone at any given time, so that's no problem. Plus I responded.

lol, this thread is developing so fast I can't go to bed! Let's see if I can brush my teeth and get my contacts out, eh?

ZeP
06-02-2008, 11:16 PM
Further, your cluster was actually last straw that lead to me requesting policy 18 get re-written.

You did a terrible fucking job looking at the new policy 18 then. I am surprised you will admit to any part of it. Not only does it threaten warnings FOR USING A SCRIPT TO WALK AROUND THE GAME (have you looked at an EN map?) but it doesn't ever say this guy was anywhere out of line. He was responsive the whole time. The whole thing is a piss-fit because the GM suggested he stop using it, he didn't think he was in violation, and used it one more time.

Drew2
06-02-2008, 11:17 PM
I believe you (Lothwyn) specifically told me I could run a bot I was attentive at 24/7 as long as it wasn't in public.

It seems the rules changed a few weeks later.

longshot
06-02-2008, 11:18 PM
You're not getting it.

Just do as she says, and then go to someone else. Why actually say that TO HER? You're holding it over her head that you think her opinion, or her instructions, or whatever it was she was supposed to do, means shit.

If you have issues with her, or what she did, how is confronting her right then and there going to accomplish anything? It's not going to. And you're thinking that it would shows that you simply don't get it.

You're like the guy that got pulled over for a speeding ticket, and rather than take it up with someone that could actually do something about what happened, ran your mouth at the cop... and got maced.

Renian
06-02-2008, 11:18 PM
God, I love you guys.

Celephais
06-02-2008, 11:20 PM
I had a an instance where I was scripting running drinks with a new character and got a send while the script was running. The check came while the script was moving rooms. I absolutely couldn't see the check due to the screen scrolling so fast. So I got yanked, I responded within a second of being pulled and managed to not get a warn but how would this situation apply? I was there and being as attentive as humanly possible but human eyes are only so fast. Would simply not being able to see the check due to scroll count as AFK?
Devil's advocate... if you're moving around too fast to possibly respond to anything, then you are "unattentive" to the game enviroment. :shrug:

Methais
06-02-2008, 11:20 PM
You're not getting it.

Just do as she says, and then go to someone else. Why actually say that TO HER? You're holding it over her head that you think her opinion, or her instructions, or whatever it was she was supposed to do, means shit.

If you have issues with her, or what she did, how is confronting her right then and there going to accomplish anything? It's not going to. And you're thinking that it would shows that you simply don't get it.

You're like the guy that got pulled over for a speeding ticket, and rather than take it up with someone that could actually do something about what happened, ran your mouth at the cop... and got maced.

Except there's no policy against telling a GM you think they're wrong.

Plus he still agreed to disable the script. He just said he was going to take it up with feedback because he didn't agree with her reasoning.

How is that a reason to get locked out? It's not. It's more a case of "Oh yeah well since you're not going to kiss my ass, watch this!"

>lockout renian

ARE YOU SURE?

>yes

You suddenly feel much better about your existence.

AndyDrew
06-02-2008, 11:21 PM
Lothwyn,

Were you not informed? It was not I, but Aethor, who was actually AFK. Please read below.

Lothwyn, you did the right thing for locking out my characters when you did. They were AFK. But it was not I who was behind them, and it appeared that feedback held no ill will against me for them. Nor do I hold any ill will against you. But I am not Aethor. I am me. And I don't AFK script.

Unfortunately, this is what happens when you share accounts. But all intents purposes, even if it wasn't you personally, your account still received warnings and a lockout for afk scripting.

And again, I say... you should know better by now after going through that mess.

A

Naelan
06-02-2008, 11:22 PM
You're not getting it.

I don't see how saying "yes sir, I'll stop but I'll take it up with your superiors" gets you fucking maced anywhere outside of Iran.

Methais
Unfortunately, this is what happens when you share accounts. But all intents purposes, even if it wasn't you personally, your account still received warnings and a lockout for afk scripting.

And again, I say... you should know better by now after going through that mess.

A

Isn't that why feedback said they'd put a note on his record to indicate that it wasn't him in the previous instance?

Drew2
Any way you slice it, I can basically assume I'll get re-banned if I come back and use a healing script of any sort, whether i start it manually or not, so I see no reason to play this game. To hell with typing out all that shit, I did that for the first 6+ years I played, I'm tired of it.

AndyDrew
06-02-2008, 11:24 PM

Yes, it would count as being afk. If you didn't respond when you got checked due to the speed of moving through rooms, then by all accounts you were afk scripting. I would suggest slowing down the movement, because it can also lead to other warnings (such as scrolling moving in and out of rooms).

That said, depending on your history, I may be lienant on you and let you slide. If you were caught again, and used the same excuse, though, you're out of luck.

A

Jaimaltz
06-02-2008, 11:24 PM
You're not getting it.

Well technically, (and going completely by the log) he said he'd agree to stop pending a conversation with feedback. That's like a cop saying "Do you agree that you were speeding and you'll never do it again!?" and replying "um..no I'm going to take that up with the judge at our hearing while I contest the ticket" and then getting tased.

Stunseed
06-02-2008, 11:26 PM
< That said, depending on your history, I may be lienant on you and let you slide. If you were caught again, and used the same excuse, though, you're out of luck. >

It must be liberating to actually be able to say your opinion on things. Sirius.

longshot
06-02-2008, 11:27 PM
I don't see how saying "yes sir, I'll stop but I'll take it up with your superiors" gets you fucking maced anywhere outside of Iran.

You're right.

He did absolutely nothing wrong. He handled that situation perfectly.

Going into that consultation, his lockout was inevitable.

My mistake.

Please, let the pity party continue.

ZeP
06-02-2008, 11:27 PM
Yes, it would count as being afk. If you didn't respond when you got checked due to the speed of moving through rooms, then by all accounts you were afk scripting.

. . .

I don't know where to begin.. I think it just speaks for itself..

diethx
06-02-2008, 11:28 PM
As stated in Policy 18, multiaccounting is fine so long as you're not running an unattentive script to control the other characters. If you have scripts controlling the secondary characters, but you have the screens open to where you are visually seeing what is happening from their perspective, and can respond to stuff only they see, then it's fine.

And like he said, he has two monitors so he can watch every single character's game window at once. And he was obviously NOT unattentive. So why did he get in trouble again? Surely not for something that happened in the past which he had already been punished for?

Celephais
06-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Yes, it would count as being afk. If you didn't respond when you got checked due to the speed of moving through rooms, then by all accounts you were afk scripting. I would suggest slowing down the movement, because it can also lead to other warnings (such as scrolling moving in and out of rooms).

That said, depending on your history, I may be lienant on you and let you slide. If you were caught again, and used the same excuse, though, you're out of luck.

A
Along these same lines... if I'm manually tearing ass through a hunting zone (it's really not that hard) and don't notice something because it isn't monster bold, can I get in trouble for that? I can't imagine being told to "slow it down" when manually running through rooms (I know I've mashed my way through the catacombs on far too many characters that I can do it in my sleep... only stopping (and going back 3 rooms) for yellow bold).

AndyDrew
06-02-2008, 11:29 PM
You did a terrible fucking job looking at the new policy 18 then. I am surprised you will admit to any part of it. Not only does it threaten warnings FOR USING A SCRIPT TO WALK AROUND THE GAME (have you looked at an EN map?) but it doesn't ever say this guy was anywhere out of line. He was responsive the whole time. The whole thing is a piss-fit because the GM suggested he stop using it, he didn't think he was in violation, and used it one more time.

Point to where it says you can get locked out for walking around the game (asides from fast scripts that cause scrolling).

And secondly, I stand by my statement that there likely is something not shown in the log, such as a time delay between being checked and him finally answering. :)

Oh, and thirdly... failing to agree to abide by policy, because you think you know better, is an automatic lockout--usually. Some GMs are patient and nicer, like when I say in consultation lounge with a player for 3 hours having them scream and throw vulgarities at me. That was amusing.

And fourthly... this is making me miss GMing. >.> I need to go do something more productive.

A

longshot
06-02-2008, 11:30 PM
Well technically, (and going completely by the log) he said he'd agree to stop pending a conversation with feedback. That's like a cop saying "Do you agree that you were speeding and you'll never do it again!?" and replying "um..no I'm going to take that up with the judge at our hearing while I contest the ticket" and then getting tased.

I apologize for not parsing the text of a gigantic log, but he didn't sit there and continue to argue about policy with her? Why would you do that? What good is going to come of it?

This was 100% the GM's fault? You've got to be kidding me.

If you're unhappy with policy on scripting, or the particular GM, fine. But this was a pretty awful way of dealing with it. And without knowing anything, as Andy said, I think it's pretty ridiculous that you're all calling for this girl's head.

Renian
06-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Oh, and thirdly... failing to agree to abide by policy, because you think you know better, is an automatic lockout--usually. Some GMs are patient and nicer, like when I say in consultation lounge with a player for 3 hours having them scream and throw vulgarities at me. That was amusing.

I bet the screaming and vulgarities were hilarious man.

But. I agreed to abide by policy pending Feedback, so it shouldn't be a lockout.

I apologize for not parsing the text of a gigantic log, but he didn't sit there and continue to argue about policy with her? Why would you do that? What good is going to come of it?

If you're unhappy with policy on scripting, or the particular GM, fine. But this was a pretty awful way of dealing with it. And without knowing anything, as Andy said, I think it's pretty ridiculous that you're all calling for this girl's head.

Do you forget that we pay for this game to have fun, not to be subject to some crazy 1984 stuff?

This was 100% the GM's fault. I really wish it wasn't. But it has to stop now, and we all know it. Even if I'm just some MA'er, I deserve to be treated fairly just like everybody else. In this case, I completely abided by policy and was banned. By customer service. That's not justice. That's not customer service. That's making sure the customer gets served. And lousy customer service makes for a lack of customers.

I argued policy because I knew I was right. I argued policy because her actions were not just. I argued policy to show the hypocrisy of the employees of Simutronics. I'm sick of it. It has to end.

AndyDrew
06-02-2008, 11:33 PM
Any way you slice it, I can basically assume I'll get re-banned if I come back and use a healing script of any sort, whether i start it manually or not, so I see no reason to play this game. To hell with typing out all that shit, I did that for the first 6+ years I played, I'm tired of it.

If you use the "auto-heal" script in main healing hubs, yes... I can likely say you will get banned again, and ultimately terminated permanently.

Course, your statement you were doing it to grief a specific player doesn't help the case.

A

Naelan
06-02-2008, 11:34 PM
I apologize for not parsing the text of a gigantic log, but he didn't sit there and continue to argue about policy with her?

Nope, wasn't much of an arguement at all. Basically he was told it violated policy, He asked why, the GM has him read policy and asks him to disable the script and not use it. He says ok, but I'll be talking to feedback. She goes off to check his record.. BLAMMO LOCKOUT

Renian
06-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Nope, wasn't much of an arguement at all. Basically he was told it violated policy, He asked why, the GM has him read policy and asks him to disable the script and not use it. He says ok, but I'll be talking to feedback. She goes off to check his record.. BLAMMO LOCKOUT

Winner.

Naelan
06-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Course, your statement you were doing it to grief a specific player doesn't help the case.

A

Given the reputation of the player being griefed, I can't exactly feel much sympathy. I mean exactly how much whining would I have to do to get my very own "temporary lockpicking/healing/spellup location?

Methais
06-02-2008, 11:39 PM
In this case, I completely abided by policy and was banned. By customer service. That's not justice. That's not customer service. That's making sure the customer gets served.

Technically speaking though, you did get served.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/drloomis3/Cat-YouJustGotServed.jpg

/troll

Methais
06-02-2008, 11:40 PM
If you use the "auto-heal" script in main healing hubs, yes... I can likely say you will get banned again, and ultimately terminated permanently.

A

While you're here and we're on the topic, what do you think about Vif/Rocksand/Mecixacvjavhdioha? And why is she still allowed to play?

I remember Vif told me she was a GM once a long time ago. That was a lol moment.

AndyDrew
I bet the screaming and vulgarities were hilarious man.

But. I agreed to abide by policy pending Feedback, so it shouldn't be a lockout.

Then there's something missing from the log, or it'll be turned over by SGM review.

All lockout requests get SGM approved / reviewed before it gets to the lockout department.

A

Renian
lol Methais

Then there's something missing from the log, or it'll be turned over by SGM review.

All lockout requests get SGM approved / reviewed before it gets to the lockout department.

A

Alright, then the latter should happen. Thanks for that, Lothwyn. :)

Oh, BTW...I'm sorry that my cluster made you rework policy. I apologize for that inconvenience. I just want to say that now. I understand why you are suspicious due to the Aethor Incident, and don't blame you.

longshot
06-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Winner.

You think that's "win." That's why you're locked out...

Pretty funny.

Renian
06-02-2008, 11:43 PM
While you're here and we're on the topic, what do you think about Vif/Rocksand/Mecixacvjavhdioha? And why is she still allowed to play?

I remember Vif told me she was a GM once a long time ago. That was a lol moment.

That'll be in the open letter, I assure you.

Renian
06-02-2008, 11:43 PM
You think that's "win." That's why you're locked out...

Pretty funny.

Never lose your sense of humor. Especially when it involves LOLcats.

Jaimaltz
06-02-2008, 11:44 PM

I didn't say it was 100% the GM's fault. Notice my "(and going completely by the log)" statement, indicating there may be more to the story. It appears that either one of them could have ended it, the GM by accepting his agreement to stop the scripts pending a talk with feedback (which would have gotten him the same answer), or him shutting his mouth. If it's common GM policy to ban people for stating they're going to talk to feedback about a policy issue, it should be written into the official policy docs.

Regardless, if the GM was going to just ban him and all the accounts he was using over the incident, and not simply because he had an unpleasant demeanor or that he dared to argue with her briefly, why did she offer him a way out without even a warning?

TheEschaton
06-02-2008, 11:46 PM
longshot strikes me like the type to let the cop search his car even though there's nothing in it and there's no reason to search.

Sometimes you make the argument because what is being done to you is WRONG, and shouldn't be uncomplained about. When you don't complain, you get Administration officials saying shit like "Well, he had all the opportunity to take this up with those people back then, instead he's just writing this book 3 years later..."

In re: to GS, I cancelled my accts because it was a tedious grind with no variety whatsoever. And that was WITH all my scripts, including spellup scripts from ancillary, MA'd chars (but like Methais, I don't have them set on "auto", I alt+tab them). I couldn't even imagine playing the game without that kind of help, it'd be even more of a pain in the ass.

-TheE-

AndyDrew
06-02-2008, 11:46 PM

Well, first off... having players, specifically the group on these boards, go after Vif/Rocksand/Mediawhatever, helps her case more than yours (general yours). Specifically targeting, harassing, griefing a player will get GMs on the target's side faster than your side.

My honest assessment would be to ignore her, and stop trying to get her on petty things by reporting everything she does. If there are serious infractions, then report.

A

Renian
06-02-2008, 11:47 PM
It appears that either one of them could have ended it, the GM by accepting his agreement to stop the scripts pending a talk with feedback (which would have gotten him the same answer), or him shutting his mouth.

Maybe. I think she wanted my ass from the start.

Naelan
06-02-2008, 11:49 PM
Well, first off... having players, specifically the group on these boards, go after Vif/Rocksand/Mediawhatever, helps her case more than yours (general yours).
A

Yep, that pretty much confirms the GMs are "somewhat" biased against people that post here.

wow

that sucks

AndyDrew
06-02-2008, 11:51 PM
Yep, that pretty much confirms the GMs are "somewhat" biased against people that post here.

wow

that sucks

That's totally not what I said.

A

Tolwynn
06-02-2008, 11:52 PM
Par for the course, though.

Lucas
Renian,

I'm uncertain of how long the time delay was between you being addressed by the GM and the time you responded. If it was less then 60 seconds then this GM is COMPLETELY WRONG to have done what she has done. I don't know if GMs can "check" how long it took you to respond since this is a text based game but perhaps all commands inputed into the game has a time stamp attached to it?

Anyhow, it looks like from the log that you were fully attentive to the screen seeing how the both the bot and the person using the bot was YOU on two different accounts. I see absolutely nothing wrong with this.

Lothwyn,

The rules should be if one of your characters in the room are attentive and the person using the bot is the same account/same IP address then there should be absolutely no problem. Because the person illiciting the response from the bot knows what the bot WILL do and is EXPECTED to do and thus being attentive to both characters. Really, the only reason why this rule exists is to deter players from multi-accounting altogether. If Simu wants to lose money then be me guest.

diethx

A

You also didn't answer Methais' question either. It was a typical GM response. Time to stop doing that :)

Naelan

A

Alright, how should I be reading that "Specifically" part? I'm not being a smartass but that was how I took it.

AestheticDeath
06-02-2008, 11:53 PM
Well, first off... having players, specifically the group on these boards, go after Vif/Rocksand/Mediawhatever, helps her case more than yours (general yours). Specifically targeting, harassing, griefing a player will get GMs on the target's side faster than your side.

A

That's fucked up.

Why do you think a large number of people target her?

Why should 'this' group of customers not have an opinion worth listening to?

That player has to be one of the most annoying people I have come across in Gemstone, and I don't even stand next to them in the game. Ever.

At the least you guys could have banned her from the amunet, and give OOC warnings when she pulls all her BS.

Snapp
06-02-2008, 11:54 PM

How did you get that from his post?

I took that to mean when you announce "IM GONNA HARASS MEDICUNT LOLOL" on a public message board that some GMs read, that it shouldn't come as a surprise when GMs pull you for it.

Edit: I am by no means standing up for Rocksand/Vif/Medicunt, btw! I hate her fucking guts.

AndyDrew
06-02-2008, 11:56 PM

I took that to mean when you announce "IM GONNA HARASS MEDICUNT LOLOL" on a public message board that some GMs read, that it shouldn't come as a surprise when GMs pull you for it.

Yes, what he/she/it said.

Sorry, I don't know your gender!

A

TheEschaton
06-02-2008, 11:57 PM
Snapp is a he who likes to behave like a naughty she.

Naelan
06-02-2008, 11:59 PM

Edit: I am by no means standing up for Rocksand/Vif/Medicunt, btw! I hate her fucking guts.

Well, lets put it this way. Given the sheer amount of bitching about staff and other players that goes on here, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that people that post here doing that kind of stuff garner just a little bit more attention by GMs than the regular joe who doesn't post at all. The squeaky wheels get the proverbial grease type of thing. Hell, I'm not even a regular poster here and have thought twice about saying what I have tonight. Then again, I'm a paranoid person by nature.

AestheticDeath
06-02-2008, 11:59 PM
People have disliked Vif long long before anyone mentioned harassing or reporting in game.

waywardgs
06-03-2008, 12:06 AM
Boo petty bureaucrats.

Yay people power.

I wrote. And I don't even run multiple accounts. I just think this nonsense has gone too far. What possible difference does it make if someone wants to squeeze as much as they can out of the time they spend playing this game, especially if they're paying to do it? Doesn't affect anyone else in the slightest. So why are the gm's getting so uppity? I still have fun. If someone else's idea of fun is running 3 wizards, 2 empaths, 14 rogues and a half dozen clerics, more power to em. This is a game. It's for fun. Have fun. Go to town with your ma's and scripts, if that's what floats your boat. Why all the interference??? Instead of pulling someone for healing one of his own characters, maybe a gm could spend that time writing code for monks or devising an event. That'd make *me* happy. As far as I'm concerned, this bullshit is a waste of resources.

Snapp
06-03-2008, 12:07 AM
Snapp is a he who likes to behave like a naughty she.

Shush up and let Latrin play with your moobs. :p

TheEschaton
06-03-2008, 12:07 AM
You cut me real deep, bitch. ;)

AndyDrew
06-03-2008, 12:13 AM
Too much GSIV related converation for the day is making me miss GMing a lot. I leave now.

A

Renian
06-03-2008, 12:15 AM
Renian,

I'm uncertain of how long the time delay was between you being addressed by the GM and the time you responded. If it was less then 60 seconds then this GM is COMPLETELY WRONG to have done what she has done. I don't know if GMs can "check" how long it took you to respond since this is a text based game but perhaps all commands inputed into the game has a time stamp attached to it?

Anyhow, it looks like from the log that you were fully attentive to the screen seeing how the both the bot and the person using the bot was YOU on two different accounts. I see absolutely nothing wrong with this.

Lothwyn,

The rules should be if one of your characters in the room are attentive and the person using the bot is the same account/same IP address then there should be absolutely no problem. Because the person illiciting the response from the bot knows what the bot WILL do and is EXPECTED to do and thus being attentive to both characters. Really, the only reason why this rule exists is to deter players from multi-accounting altogether. If Simu wants to lose money then be me guest.

Lucas is...talking sense?!

Wow. Maybe I was wrong about you to some extent. I'm sorry.

But yes, given the time I started healing Adokas' wounds and the first message (which got cut off by the Wizard, and I only log Renian :(), it was less than 60 seconds.

Naelan
06-03-2008, 12:16 AM
Too much GSIV related converation for the day is making me miss GMing a lot. I leave now.

A

Good travels. Thanks for actually coming and posting about things. Most of the time we don't get to see things from the GMs perspective.

Renian
06-03-2008, 12:18 AM
Good travels. Thanks for actually coming and posting about things. Most of the time we don't get to see things from the GMs perspective.

^^^^^^

Even though you are suspicious of me, thank you for your posts. It helped me be more transparent by posting the emails regarding the Aethor Incident.

Now guys, I'm going to go to bed. Srsly. I promise.

Nilandia
06-03-2008, 12:19 AM
Who said you were allowed to go to bed?!

Gretchen

Renian
06-03-2008, 12:19 AM
Fine, you can come too.

Nilandia
06-03-2008, 12:21 AM
Woo!

Gretchen

daisey
06-03-2008, 12:59 AM
hmmmm...Kapera capped her empath while she slept using that tap script. Everyone in Teras knew to tap her for healing while she was afk. I don't understand why some people get pulled from the game and some are aloud to use it. Are they just now starting to inforce the policies after 15? years or are they just selective on who they pull.

That Jay
06-03-2008, 01:05 AM
Renian, you and I both know you've been talked to before about your scripting. In fact, I even remember locking out your cluster of bots last November for running afk healing, lockpicking, and spellcasting bots from your premium home--exactly like this setup.

You can play coy with players, but come on. Seriously 'incredibly sudden'? Really?

A stands for amused.

Granted you are no longer a GM but isn't it verboten to reveal past player discipline to other players? Aren't you still bound by the NDA in that regard?

I have no sympathy for the player in the circumstance but it is the principle of the thing.

Khariz
06-03-2008, 01:08 AM
Granted you are no longer a GM but isn't it verboten to reveal past player discipline to other players? Aren't you still bound by the NDA in that regard?

I have no sympathy for the player in the circumstance but it is the principle of the thing.

What are they gonna do to him? Fire him? Oh wait...

That Jay
06-03-2008, 01:11 AM
What are they gonna do to him? Fire him? Oh wait...

No, but way to burn a bridge.

ZeP
06-03-2008, 01:20 AM
Point to where it says you can get locked out for walking around the game (asides from fast scripts that cause scrolling)

Reread the post and stop misquoting, I did not use the phrase "locked out" and I addressed scripting.

And fourthly... this is making me miss GMing.

Why? You enjoy imposing unnecessary discipline on a population of like 400? Go start a fucking cult. This is a game that most people think is dying altogether and you think movement scripts are a big problem. If you start playing again it will be interesting to hear what macros and scripts you will be using. I trust that you will be able to respond to a command in between the time you prep and cast a spell... you've sure made it seem on these boards like you would be able to do so.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
06-03-2008, 01:25 AM
Reread the post and stop misquoting, I did not use the phrase "locked out" and I addressed scripting.

Why? You enjoy imposing unnecessary discipline on a population of like 400? Go start a fucking cult. This is a game that most people think is dying altogether and you think movement scripts are a big problem. If you start playing again it will be interesting to hear what macros and scripts you will be using. I trust that you will be able to respond to a command in between the time you prep and cast a spell... you've sure made it seem on these boards like you would be able to do so.

I don't agree with Lothwyn on everything and I don't agree with this new policy, but then I don't even agree with some of my closest friends from GS on every thing. To say that this was his main contribution or that cracking down on scripters was his top priority is silly.

ZeP
06-03-2008, 01:33 AM
I don't agree with Lothwyn on everything and I don't agree with this new policy, but then I don't even agree with some of my closest friends from GS on every thing. To say that this was his main contribution or that cracking down on scripters was his top priority is silly.

I didn't say that. Come on, I have like 5 posts and I get misquoted? I'm just responding to some of the unbelievable shit he's posting here.

Methais
06-03-2008, 01:39 AM

My honest assessment would be to ignore her, and stop trying to get her on petty things by reporting everything she does. If there are serious infractions, then report.

A

I just meant do you think she's a stupid twatwaffle like the rest of the world that should have been banned years ago for being as stupid and annoyingly ooc as she is and all her general gayness over the past however many years?

Mighty Nikkisaurus
06-03-2008, 01:47 AM
I didn't say that. Come on, I have like 5 posts and I get misquoted? I'm just responding to some of the unbelievable shit he's posting here.

I fail to see how what he's posted is unbelievable. You're not even misquoted, I quoted exactly what you said. I'm merely saying that the fury with which your posting and what you said makes it sound like you think Lothwyn's missing fucking with PCs and making their lives miserable. Whether or not that's what you mean, that's how it comes across and I disagree with it.

DCSL
06-03-2008, 01:47 AM
Twatwaffle is a good combination. I applaud you, Methais, and I will be using it soon.

Gan
06-03-2008, 01:51 AM
If you didn't respond when you got checked due to the speed of moving through rooms, then by all accounts you were afk scripting. I would suggest slowing down the movement, because it can also lead to other warnings (such as scrolling moving in and out of rooms).

This statement along makes me smile with the thought that you are no longer a GM. Especially given the precedence that travel script usage has in this game's history. Whats next? Going afk at tables or on the mine cart ride in Zul Lagoth will be against policy too? Can we expect the same consistency of enforcement (or lack thereof) with that as we have come to expect and witness with other issues that are dealt with by the GM's?

Your input here has given some interesting (and somewhat predictable) insight. Thanks for posting, even if you did not do any favors for the current reputation that GM's have amongst the past and current players here on the PC.

This thread is disappointing. I give it 2 stars.

Methais
06-03-2008, 01:51 AM
Quick someone photoshop some eggos.

Alfster
06-03-2008, 01:54 AM
I have nothing to add other than

Hahaha.

Asha
06-03-2008, 02:47 AM
I have nothing to add other than

Hahaha.

I'm going to go with that too.

Script enforcement has become out of hand, and Simu's policies regarding it are not only riddled with holes with which we can easily fall through and get into trouble but holes and grey areas with which they can 'justify' too much of their judgements.

I don't think Renian was being discourteous at all by saying what course of action he was going to take especially considering it's the only one left open to him and also recommended by the GM.
Also I don't see why letting a GM know you'll do exactly what they ask, right before you intend to take it up with feedback should sway their decision.

That implies if you piss them off they can act in a way not impartial but completely through personal taste, disregarding what actually transpired.
And I'm not saying you can call them cunts and get away with it.
That didn't happen in this case.

If what he said made Itzel look into his past etc and that past was what made her see he warranted being banned, then it would happen anyway no matter what he'd said.
It was bound to be any GMs next step while he was being forced to read policy.

I think Itzel had an agenda here. Like any GM who're watching anyone they know to script.
And even if he was acting within the rules, I don't think he had a fucking chance to begin with.
Who's next I wonder.

I still think Alfters post said it best.

ZeP
06-03-2008, 02:51 AM
I fail to see how what he's posted is unbelievable. You're not even misquoted, I quoted exactly what you said. I'm merely saying that the fury with which your posting and what you said makes it sound like you think Lothwyn's missing fucking with PCs and making their lives miserable. Whether or not that's what you mean, that's how it comes across and I disagree with it.

No, you aren't using quotes. What I just did there is quoting. Also, two things:

1) He posted that you should pass a check moving between rooms. If you check for that, you are fucking with people.

2) I have no idea what any of his GM contributions are and I am aware of the player contributions. I am not responding to either or trying to take them away. My responses were to his posts in this thread.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
06-03-2008, 02:56 AM
No, you aren't using quotes. What I just did there is quoting. Also, two things:

1) He posted that you should pass a check moving between rooms. If you check for that, you are fucking with people.

2) I have no idea what any of his GM contributions are and I am aware of the player contributions. I am not responding to either or trying to take them away. My responses were to his posts in this thread.

Thanks for clarifying then.

Like I said, I disagree on the point of scripting. I think some things are reasonable to expect people not to script, but certain things are pretty harmless.

Last I checked, movement scripts weren't even requiring you to be at the screen I thought? Not that I'd ever AFK script moving (in case I get hit or something) but I thought it had to provide a mechanical benefit.

ZeP
06-03-2008, 03:02 AM
The movement thing is something that was just posted here and not as a GM. It is just troubling to hear from someone who was just a GM and could have enforced it a few days ago.

EDIT: Well there is movement covered in policy 18. I meant he didn't post about this as a GM, or if he did, that is not what I am responding to.

Nilandia
06-03-2008, 03:20 AM
The movement thing is something that was just posted here and not as a GM. It is just troubling to hear from someone who was just a GM and could have enforced it a few days ago.

EDIT: Well there is movement covered in policy 18. I meant he didn't post about this as a GM, or if he did, that is not what I am responding to.
The only problem with your claims is that the post in question did not address a movement script, but movement as part of a script to run ale in Ta'Vaalor, which generates both experience and silver. That would put the script into possible policy 18 territory, so script checks are not out of the question.

Refer to: http://forum.gsplayers.com/showpost.php?p=740224&postcount=72 Note the post responded to described the situation as, "I was scripting running drinks with a new character."

Gretchen

DwarvenTank
06-03-2008, 03:35 AM
What a bunch of crap. Last I knew GMs deal in customer service, Itzel was unprofessional and out of line. Her reaction to being questioned on her judgement call is bullshit. If someone ever treated me like that to my face for a service I paid for you bet your ass I'd raise hell to them and their boss until something was done to my satisfaction.

I dont get it, is it because its the internet people think its acceptable for someone in customer service to treat a customer this poorly because they rightfully questioned your judgment?

PS. Fucking Methais, you crack me up.

Furrowfoot
06-03-2008, 03:36 AM

A

It gets better, hehe.

:welcome:

Methais
06-03-2008, 05:41 AM
This statement along makes me smile with the thought that you are no longer a GM. Especially given the precedence that travel script usage has in this game's history. Whats next? Going afk at tables or on the mine cart ride in Zul Lagoth will be against policy too? Can we expect the same consistency of enforcement (or lack thereof) with that as we have come to expect and witness with other issues that are dealt with by the GM's?

Your input here has given some interesting (and somewhat predictable) insight. Thanks for posting, even if you did not do any favors for the current reputation that GM's have amongst the past and current players here on the PC.

This thread is disappointing. I give it 2 stars.

Have you ever been in a...in a Turkish prison?

Kembal
06-03-2008, 06:38 AM
The only problem with your claims is that the post in question did not address a movement script, but movement as part of a script to run ale in Ta'Vaalor, which generates both experience and silver. That would put the script into possible policy 18 territory, so script checks are not out of the question.

Refer to: http://forum.gsplayers.com/showpost.php?p=740224&postcount=72 Note the post responded to described the situation as, "I was scripting running drinks with a new character."

Gretchen

What Gretchen said. You don't get checked for travel scripts. You get checked for a script designed to level you up to level 4.

Daniel
06-03-2008, 06:42 AM

You've never watched cops I take it.

Tea & Strumpets
06-03-2008, 10:53 AM

I think you are misinterpreting what Feedback said. The guy said he'd put a note or whatever on your account, which is probably something to the effect of "Player said his friend was playing at the time, and it wasn't him."

Do you think that has any meaning? Do you think if you got a policy violation at some future date they would look at your record and say "Well he has two warnings, but the first one he said his friend was playing."

Sean
06-03-2008, 11:35 AM
I tried for years to get Murp banned. He was a douche bag... him and Vif are two peas in a pod.

CrystalTears
06-03-2008, 11:36 AM
I tried for years to get Murp banned. He was a douche bag... him and Vif are two peas in a pod.
I'm trying to now!

Some Rogue
06-03-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm trying to now!

Me too! He keeps breaking my warn interacts!

Renian
06-03-2008, 01:40 PM
I think you are misinterpreting what Feedback said. The guy said he'd put a note or whatever on your account, which is probably something to the effect of "Player said his friend was playing at the time, and it wasn't him."

Do you think that has any meaning? Do you think if you got a policy violation at some future date they would look at your record and say "Well he has two warnings, but the first one he said his friend was playing."

BOTH warnings were while he was playing.

Joe
06-03-2008, 01:55 PM
BOTH warnings were while he was playing.

So... lesson is that sharing accounts is, what... bad?

Deathravin
06-03-2008, 02:01 PM
So... lesson is that sharing accounts is, what... bad?

Not sure how many more people need to be banned or whatever with other people playing their accounts for the public at large to get that giving your user data out is retarded.

I gave my account to somebody when my main character was like level 40 or something and the guy sent him Demonic. I had 10 deeds, how do you die 10 times and not see you're at 0 deeds?

Never gave it out again.

After the FIRST AFK violation, I would have changed my passwords and never given it out again.

Omens
06-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Why does White Castle make you fart so much?

I swear the morning after eating White Castle, The house smells like a big poopy slider.

Renian
06-03-2008, 02:11 PM
After the FIRST AFK violation, I would have changed my passwords and never given it out again.

They were given out in rapid succession, on the same day, in the course of like...one, two hours?

It was not possible for me to change my information right away. I wasn't informed; I was probably asleep or studying at college at the time. Otherwise, I would have.

Deathravin
06-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Unfortunatly your whole post is completely null. I don't condone being banned for scripting while looking at the screen, thats completely unacceptable.

HOWEVER #1, any scripting violations after 2 previous warnings I could certainly see a temp or perminant ban for the character in question.

HOWEVER #2, banning other accounts just because you own them doesn't make sense. They are banning the unacceptable activity done on an account, not the person themselves. If that were the case, they should ban the credit cards themselves.

DCSL
06-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Could have been a lot worse. You're only locked out for a little while. Could have lost all your stuff.

Renian
06-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Unfortunatly your whole post is completely null. I don't condone being banned for scripting while looking at the screen, thats completely unacceptable.

HOWEVER #1, any scripting violations after 2 previous warnings I could certainly see a temp or perminant ban for the character in question.

Not seeing how it's null. I actually agree with #1, but since I wasn't actually violating anything, #1's moot.

HOWEVER #2, banning other accounts just because you own them doesn't make sense. They are banning the unacceptable activity done on an account, not the person themselves. If that were the case, they should ban the credit cards themselves.

I also agree. And so did Simu--they did not ban the Thalish account after the Aethor incident, nor did they ban Adokas. Neither received a warning, as well.

Could have been a lot worse. You're only locked out for a little while. Could have lost all your stuff.

I don't know. They haven't even given me a time period. Heck, feedback hasn't even responded to me yet. But I think that's because of all you guys, sending your letters to feedback on my behalf. I bet when the feedback GM woke up this morning and looked at his email, he was probably like, OH SNAP! WTF HAPPENED TO RENIAN?!

But that's fine. The volume of feedback and the general sanity and humanity of the last two feedback GM's I've dealt with should be enough to get this resolved.

Anferis
06-03-2008, 03:29 PM

Hey wait a minute.. You're *insert that black guys name here, as I don't remember*.

No, I'm the copilot.

Skeeter
06-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Yeah I bet feedback is being flooded on your behalf.

Anferis
06-03-2008, 04:22 PM
All this Itzel stuff is making me want to stop afk fletching while I'm asleep.

NAH
Still haven't been caught

CrystalTears
06-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Anferis, you just put a big bull's eye on your forehead for stating that.

The volume of feedback and the general sanity and humanity of the last two feedback GM's I've dealt with should be enough to get this resolved.
The volume? :lol: Ego much?

Anferis
06-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Well it's too late now, I'm a rank from master. I think they just watch people with previous warnings/notes. Sorry to hear about your lockout Renian and if I knew what to write to feedback I probably would.

Gan
06-03-2008, 04:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHEivPHjimw

hahaha.

Pardon me for being a little slow in catching this one. I missed it earlier. :(

CrystalTears
06-03-2008, 04:51 PM
I think they just watch people with previous warnings/notes.
That's my feeling as well.

Trouble
06-03-2008, 04:53 PM

And in common locations (tables, TSC/Dias, etc).

Anferis
06-03-2008, 04:55 PM
I either do my scripting at a table or in some offstreet no one uses.. I don't think they consider tables.

CrystalTears
06-03-2008, 04:58 PM
And in common locations (tables, TSC/Dias, etc).
Not necessarily as I fletch at a table and I've yet to be tapped for a response. I'm always watching the script though.

Actually Anferis, IIRC, they started to buckle down on scripts because of all the scripting going on at tables, so don't rule it out as safe.

Gan
06-03-2008, 05:03 PM
I know someone who mastered in their house. But as previous incidents have uncovered - even those areas arent safe anymore.

Anferis
06-03-2008, 05:06 PM
Hm.. No more tables then.. It's hard to find places in TV where people aren't going to walk though =[

@Gan I've seen that movie way too many times to not get that reference :P

Nieninque
06-03-2008, 05:30 PM
longshot strikes me like the type to let the cop search his car even though there's nothing in it and there's no reason to search.

Without wanting to indulge your "HEY GUSY!1111 I R LORE STOODENT!!!" ego boost, if a Police officer in the US wants to search your car, do you have the rights to stop them? I ask because in the UK, if they want to search you, they search you. Trying to stop a police search is a quick road to arrest.

Sometimes you make the argument because what is being done to you is WRONG, and shouldn't be uncomplained about. When you don't complain, you get Administration officials saying shit like "Well, he had all the opportunity to take this up with those people back then, instead he's just writing this book 3 years later..."

And yet somewhere in between "right now" and "three years later", I see a whole load of middle ground. Pretty sure Longshot wasn't saying "stand there are take it up the arse"...moreso "obstructing those police officers is going to get you arrested and your car will still be searched, whereas letting them search and then raising it with their superior/complaints department might be a little more productive."

Now we have that sorted, kindly stfu.

Renian
06-03-2008, 05:50 PM
The volume? Ego much?

A little. :P
Then again, none of us have actual numbers. It's at least 10 though, lolz.

Stunseed
06-03-2008, 06:07 PM
A little. :P
Then again, none of us have actual numbers. It's at least 10 though, lolz.

Not to be the negative nancy here, but you realize your "let's bomb feedback" action plan is quickly negated by someone emptying their inbox. I'd imagine they would read your e-mail, and the 24k or 10, whichever # is true get tossed.

Deathravin
06-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Do warnings drop off your account after a certain time?

Martaigne
06-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Nope, they're there for LIFE!

"This will go on your permanent record!"

That Jay
06-03-2008, 06:43 PM
And trust me, they will bring up stuff from years ago.

BigWorm
06-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Without wanting to indulge your "HEY GUSY!1111 I R LORE STOODENT!!!" ego boost, if a Police officer in the US wants to search your car, do you have the rights to stop them? I ask because in the UK, if they want to search you, they search you. Trying to stop a police search is a quick road to arrest.

Yes, its called the fourth amendment.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Not that very much of it is left anymore...

Deathravin
06-03-2008, 06:50 PM
If a cop asked if he could search my car, I would tell him no. He would take the time to get a warrant because it's supicious, 2 hours later the warrant would be sent to him. He would search my filthy disgusting trashcan of a car for an hour or two and find a bunch of garbage, but not much else.

He'd then yell for me to stop running (as I look up at him from the sidewalk), Yell for me to put down the gun, shoot me in the chest, sprinkle a bit of crack on my dead body and get a medal of valor from the police chief.

Deathravin
06-03-2008, 06:51 PM
Oh what am I talking about? I'm not black...

I'd get a warning and let on my way as he looks right at the Uzi on passenger seat and help me do a like or two of coke from the dashboard.

Martaigne
06-03-2008, 06:57 PM
LMAO

That was awful... but still LMAO!

Stanley Burrell
06-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Oh what am I talking about? I'm not black...

I'd get a warning and let on my way as he looks right at the oozi on passenger seat and help me do a like or two of coke from the dashboard.

Nothing more fun than downing Ouzo and running around with an Uzzi.

Latrinsorm
06-03-2008, 07:03 PM
"Uzi", ffs.

Aphyd
06-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Itzel is the biggest fucking tool GM there is currently...

I've had ZERO good encounters with her...she's a bitch through and through. She's got a major case of the permanent PMS's, and is so full of herself that shit is blowing out of her ears.

Bobmuhthol
06-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Did Itzel replace Andraste or something?

Renian
06-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Andraste left? lol

Bobmuhthol
06-03-2008, 07:56 PM
I meant theoretically, in terms of being the biggest cunt GM ever. I've never heard of Itzel before this.

Renian
06-03-2008, 07:56 PM
o.

TheEschaton
06-03-2008, 08:50 PM
And trust me, they will bring up stuff from years ago.

Shit, when I was interviewing to be a Mentor, they brought up ONE incident from 3 years prior where someone reported me for silencing them, where I was pulled by a GM, but exonerated because they had logs of the kid mouthing off to me, which I promptly took care of in a rather CvC kind of way. This was before we had to outright ask for consent before we could do anything negative to another character.

And that was 5 years ago, I bet they'd still bring it up.

-TheE-

Methais
06-04-2008, 12:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHEivPHjimw

hahaha.

Pardon me for being a little slow in catching this one. I missed it earlier. :(

This guy is awesome too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd9oTKwRyIk&NR=1

Bobmuhthol
06-04-2008, 12:59 AM
Let me also toss in a "stfu, Lothwyn," now that I think of it.

Lulfas
06-04-2008, 01:12 AM

Kind of. Due to the Bill of Rights (4th amendment in particular, obviously), an officer may not search your vehicle without probable cause. Originally, the ruling was you needed a search warrant, but this was changed in a Supreme Court ruling (I can't remember the case, sorry), which said that the lesser need of "probable cause" was all that was needed, due to how easy it was to move/change a car. In further court rulings, it was found that not allowing an officer to search your car gives the officer "probable cause" when compounded with whatever it was they stopped you for in the first place.

Due to random issues with this and random people (who were obviously doing bad stuff in the first place, since they were caught with it in the car), some states have police use the "1-800-warrant" (not real) number inside their police car to talk to the on-call evening judge and quickly secure a warrant, using the officer's suspicions and the refusal of the car's owner to allow the search as probable cause.

Methais
06-04-2008, 01:41 AM
I meant theoretically, in terms of being the biggest cunt GM ever. I've never heard of Itzel before this.

While it's probably not Andraste in disguise, some GMs do/did have more than one GM character.

Deadelf
06-04-2008, 03:34 AM
GM Itzel in my opinion is one of (key words being one of theres been a few that have made my list)the worst hires they've had in recent years. She appears to not understand policy her self, does not appear to follow how a GM is to handle customer interactions and will not answer questions no matter how reasonably worded.

She actually is one of a few reasons I have no intention of coming back actually. She appears to suffer from the same short comings the Andraste, Emeradan and Khaladon suffer from. A rather loose definition of what is policy and all three are great at holding a grudge and being petty and vindictive.And from what I'm seeing Itzel is following right in their foot steps.

I dont care if your the worst customer Simu has, if your not insulting the GM/Host/Feedback etc and your not being profane then your questions should be answered. I don't see a policy violation here by any means and this isnt the first time Itzel has walked all over a customer.

Even if you are what Simu considers a problem account, (if you are a problem account then SIMU should just cancel your ass) until proven that you've done something wrong for the particular incident that they are dealing with, then you shouldn't have your past held against you. Each offense merits its own consideration, only punishment if found guility is when the customers/accounts past should play a role.

Nieninque
06-04-2008, 03:46 AM
Let me also toss in a "stfu, Lothwyn," now that I think of it.

^^^

Fuck off with all your "I miss GMing" shit, AndyDrew. You left in a hailstorm of handbags and tears. Don't drown us in more of your drama.

P.S. you were wrong.

thefarmer
06-04-2008, 03:53 AM
And here I thought you were long gone from the GS-related world..

EDIT: That was in response to Deadelf's post. Since Nieninque beat me to responding next and this looks sort of random.

Deadelf
06-04-2008, 03:58 AM

A

To bad there are griefer GMs out there who arent reigned in.

Deadelf
06-04-2008, 04:20 AM
And here I thought you were long gone from the GS-related world..

EDIT: That was in response to Deadelf's post. Since Nieninque beat me to responding next and this looks sort of random.

I am gone, I just had a wild hair up my ass and and had heard through various people about once again how Itzel fucked the duck and the more I thought about it the more I couldnt resist coming over to post. :)

And again that is indeed part of why I do not return, I have serious disagreements with mechanics changes of course that Warden and a few others pushed for and got that made how I trained various characters unbearable and tedious to advance. But again its when they can get a reaction from me with how they handle customers and enforce policy that makes me not want to come back for sure.

Btw someone mentioned Antavian, he's nolonger onsite feedback. I always like him and most of the onsite staff for that matter. Sangious<Sp> is the one who appears to handle feedback now a days onsite and I've not liked how he would post on the DR bbs so I am not surprised by what I read in his feeback response.

Belnia
06-04-2008, 11:18 AM

I've been script tested in the forges before, and I've never had a warning for AFK scripting. Granted, the GM in question did say she just found 2 people AFK in neighboring workshops, so I assume she checked the whole forge at the point.

But for bothering me at 7 AM, you could at least bring coffee.

TheEschaton
06-04-2008, 11:49 AM
In further court rulings, it was found that not allowing an officer to search your car gives the officer "probable cause" when compounded with whatever it was they stopped you for in the first place.

This is definitively not true. In fact, SCOTUS has ruled quite the opposite: that asserting one's 4th Amendment rights DO NOT add to probable cause, or give probable cause, or anything - it is merely an assertion of rights, and cannot be considered negatively by the officer. If the officer already has probable cause to search, but the person refuses, that simply means they're resisting police action and will be noted. It doesn't somehow increase his right to search the car.

-TheE-

CrystalTears
06-04-2008, 11:54 AM
Ugh, not the probable cause shit again. :die:

TheEschaton
06-04-2008, 11:57 AM
I'm sorry if I find misinformation of one's rights as a citizens as outlined by the Constitution of the United States something I shouldn't just let slide.

Celephais
06-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Either way you still have to physically do everything the officer tells you to do, you can say you haven't given him permission, but you better move aside and hand him your keys.

As that applies to this thread, he said he'd turn off the script, pending a request from feedback... if she were a dense brick she could have interpreted his wording to the inverse... that he would turn it off once feedback told him to (not what he meant, which was "I'm turning it off, but I plan on turning it back on one feedback gives me the OK").

Kefka
06-04-2008, 12:23 PM

Don't know how many other ways to read this. Itzel has issues.

Deathravin
06-04-2008, 12:25 PM
[Consultation Lounge]
>
A shaft of scintillating light suddenly pierces the ceiling and strikes the ground next to you. The beam of light then explodes in a shower of sparks and Isten is standing in its place.

look
[Consultation Lounge]
Also here: Senior GameMaster Isten who is sitting

Itzel says, "Hello."

Isten says, "Good evening."

Itzel asks, "How are you?"

Isten says, "I'm quite well, thank you."

Itzel asks, "So what's up?"

Isten says, "I'm afraid, however, that this ignorance to the scripting policy isn't acceptable."

Itzel asks, "Huh?"

Isten says, "For the purpose of this policy, a character "bot" is defined as any character that is UNRESPONSIVE to the gaming environment except for scripted responses to triggers which can be executed by third parties to perform automatic "services" (e.g., healing, lock picking, spell casting, etc.)."

Isten says, "That would be Policy 18."

Itzel says, "Can you define Unresponsive?"

Itzel says, "Which is what I'm looking at too."

Isten says, "Like I said, I'm afraid this isn't an option. The policy specifically addresses botting, and it's defination."

Isten says, "I'm sorry, this player didn't violate Policy 18."

Itzel asks, "Why not?"

Isten says, "You can either agree that you're a dumb cunt, and I'll put a note in your file, or I can warn you for violating the GM Policies."

Itzel says, "I'll admit I'm a dumb cunt for now while I take it up with feedback, but I'm still not seeing the problem."

Itzel says, "I have quoted the relevent piece of Policy 18 that deems this activity unacceptable."

Itzel says, "It would appear to me that you are being overzealous."

Isten says, "I'm sorry, but I need you to agree that you have been and always will be a dumb cunt to let you out of this room."

Itzel says, "Once again, I am agreeing that I am a dumb cunt, but I will be taking up this issue with feedback."

Itzel says, "However, I see how that script was causing a disruption, and still how it is violating Policy 18."

Itzel says, "I reviewed Policy 18 when the changes went into affect and saw nothing wrong with my actions."

Isten says, "I'm afraid however, that I do not see it the same way. You are failing at being a GM, which is against Policy."

Isten says, "I'm going to set you up to read the Policy again, and then will release you back into the game."

Itzel says, "And Policy 18 repeatedly says that this is only true if the "bot" is unresponsive."

Itzel asks, "Just 18, or the whole thing?"

Isten says, "The whole thing. I'll rejoin you when you're done."

Isten gestures and a shaft of scintillating light from somewhere above pierces the ceiling and engulfs her. When the light recedes Isten is no longer there.

Itzel says, "Sure thing."

[reading]

Itzel has completed reading the policy file.

Itzel taps her foot impatiently.

SEND[Isten] I will be with you in a moment.

Itzel nods.

A shaft of scintillating light suddenly pierces the ceiling and strikes the ground next to you. The beam of light then explodes in a shower of sparks and Isten is standing in its place.

Itzel nods.

[Consultation Lounge]
Also here: Senior GameMaster Isten who is sitting

Itzel says, "Not sure why you revoked all warnings I've ever given."

Isten says, "Having looked at your records, I am requesting a lockout on your account. You have been locked out previously for being a dumb cunt, and were instructed at the time of your relase not to engage in that activity again."

Itzel says, "Please look further into that record, Isten."

Isten says, "You may contact Feedback if you have questions or concerns."

Itzel says, "You will see a note that says that I am the daughter of the king of Simutronics, and thus cannot be fired. Why else would I still be a GM after failing so miserably at it time and time again? Abusing my power is the only joy I get in this world."

Itzel says, "Further, I was not a dumb cunt in this situation. Further harassment of me will only spark the ire of not only myself, but my daddy, the king, especially as I had resolved the previous issue with feedback."

Isten says, "I'm afraid this issue is now between you and Feedback."

Itzel this is an official warning, that you are a stupid cunt who doesn't know the rules she is trying to enforce, and that is against GemStone IV policy. If you persist in ignoring these warnings, you risk losing permanent access to GemStone IV on all of your accounts.

If you feel this warning was received in error, please speak to a GameHost by typing ASSIST REQUEST.

You can also learn more about GemStone IV policies online, by typing POLICY while in the game or by visiting http://www.play.net/gs4/gamepolicy.asp.

Itzel says, "I take that as a challenge, my dad the king will hear of this!"

Itzel feels herself being pulled away...
[The Cell]
You are in a specially-created exitless room. This room was created because of your unacceptable activities in GemStone, which will no longer be tolerated. Please contact us at lockout@simutronics.com for further information, if you desire.

Renian
06-04-2008, 12:35 PM
LAWL @ Deathravin.

That needs to actually happen.

Methais
06-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Itzel did something cool today.

Summary: I died in a warcamp, logged for a few thinking I'd log back in outside the warcamp because I haven't done my homework on how warcamp deaths work, then logged back in but all the critters despawned and they weren't gonna spawn again just for a corpse, so I was stuck.

>report Hey guys, sorry for the bother but I have a question. If I get logged out while dead in a grimswarm camp and by the time I get back in all the grimswarm are gone, am I screwed since there's nothing to eat my corpse and kick me out?

Message sent to all online game staff. While no staff members are currently on duty, there are likely to be several lurking behind the scenes to investigate your report. If you feel the need to speak with the staff, please type ASSIST for a list of options.

SEND[Itzel] Sorry for the delay, we're checking.

>

The world before you dissolves into a grainy montage of color...

You find yourself wandering amidst endless streaming light and vast nothingness. This place feels torn between two powers, polar opposites vying for your loyalty. You are surrounded by the spirits of those who could not choose. The only way out seems to be through light or darkness.

Time has no meaning as you wander aimlessly amidst the uncomfortable tugging for your attention. Hopelessness washes over dreams you once held like the creeping tide of doom.

After what could be moments, or perhaps an eternity, the goddess Lorminstra finds you wandering in the endless space and speaks soothingly to you. She gently reassembles the pieces of your tattered soul and then, taking you by the hand, the goddess leads you back to mortality...

You feel drained!
[Temple, Altar of Lorminstra]
An ethereal light shines down through several stained glass windows, illuminating a black marble altar. Simple tapestries line the stone walls, and simple wooden benches line solemnly before the altar. An old dwarven woman kneels before the altar, praying softly under her breath, while silent acolytes wander quietly about, lighting candles and incense. You also see a black marble arch.
Also here: Macryte who is lying down, Ryenn, Lord Kelrathir

>report Bah, well I decayed. Let me know anyway though when yuo find out for future reference? :)

Message sent to all online game staff. While no staff members are currently on duty, there are likely to be several lurking behind the scenes to investigate your report. If you feel the need to speak with the staff, please type ASSIST for a list of options.

SEND[Itzel] Sorry about that. If it happens again, please REPORT. It's a known bug, but there isn't a fix in yet. Our apologies.

>report Hmm. Is there any chance of undoing this decay then, since it's technically a bug that caused it?

>

SEND[Itzel] I'm working on it ;)

>
Your Death Recovery point and Inefficiency Point totals have been reset to 0.
>report Thanks a bunch, I appreciate it :)

SEND[Itzel] No problem, again, our apologies.

Gan
06-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Ugh, not the probable cause shit again. :die:

Yea, I saw that dead horse earlier and declined to even walk near it.

And LOL at Deathravin's post. :lol:

Renian
06-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Itzel did something cool today.

http://photo.gangus.com/d/26788-2/ackbar.jpg

Rhaindrop
06-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Itzels been on a lockout frenzy.. She issued an official warning and 24 hour lockout for saying "rough sex" and then when the person posted on the Officials, the post got pulled and they got ANOTHER official warning.. for inappropriate posting.

Ridiculous... someones either ragging hardcore or on a sick powertrip

Thought this was a good one for the pile....sent to a character last night after referring to someone being 'on the bottom'.

SEND[Itzel] Please refrain from using terms like "bottom" to refer to other players. You're walking a fine line of disruptive behavior, and veiled sexual references. This isn't a warning, just a "watch yourself," please.

diethx
06-15-2008, 05:05 PM
lol, what a dumb cunt. Her, not you.

DCSL
06-15-2008, 11:56 PM
I guess she prefers catcher.

100% Wool
06-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Itzel says, "And by the way, it's generally considered bad form to script reading the Policy while I am right here."
>
Itzel stares.

Parkbandit
06-21-2008, 01:17 PM
:rofl:

nice.

Fallen
06-21-2008, 01:34 PM
Itzel says, "And by the way, it's generally considered bad form to script reading the Policy while I am right here."
>
Itzel stares.

HAAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHa

Methais
06-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Thought this was a good one for the pile....sent to a character last night after referring to someone being 'on the bottom'.

SEND[Itzel] Please refrain from using terms like "bottom" to refer to other players. You're walking a fine line of disruptive behavior, and veiled sexual references. This isn't a warning, just a "watch yourself," please.

http://kevinchiu.org/emote/facepalm.jpg

Miscast
06-21-2008, 03:32 PM
She is wearing some angular black-framed spectacles

Even looks like a bitch

Inspire
09-25-2011, 04:56 PM
What a bitch.

WTC7
09-25-2011, 05:26 PM
You are the bitch.

WRoss