05-30-2008, 01:40 PM
a falchion that weighs 15??

Askip
05-30-2008, 01:41 PM
Laen was the ICE-age Glaes, very heavy.

:D

Sylph
05-30-2008, 07:08 PM
Been bothering me all day... How the fuck does an ICE metal item have a new service like TEMP crit weighting?

bubbauno
05-30-2008, 07:21 PM
Drunk merchant? Rushed for time? Tired? Forgetful? How does any of the HUNDREDS of illegal things get done every year..

crazymage
05-30-2008, 07:22 PM
gms screw up constantly they turned neleks 'steel shield' into a veil iron one not too long ago.

bubbauno
05-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Yeah the funny part is how people think it's their responsibility to point out such things.. Was talking with Vivaldi earlier and he basically said he thinks it's his responsibility to point out PUBLICLY any mistake a GM makes in order to "preserve the balance of the game".. OMG he got a shimmering cloak!! That merchant lightened plate past 30 lbs! Report him!

One reason I love this game so much is because of the diversity of merchants and how each one has their own personal interpretations of the rules and guidelines they are supposed to follow.. One might be super strict and not allow stuff they should while another might stretch or even break them sometimes whether willingly or accidently. I'd rather have different opinionated people behind the merchants who are capable of making mistakes sometimes than robots who don't even get to decide what to do.

Bottom line, nothing good can come of pointing out mistakes merchants make while working on items. So what if 1 time out of 1000 someone gets an ice age item worked on or an illegal alter made. In the big picture is that really going to unbalance the game? This need to "tattle tale" and publicly point out mistakes a merchant made to either get an item nerfed or get the merchant in trouble is retarded and will only create MORE restrictions. Everyone complains how the rules now are ridiculous but when a merchant lets something slide we have these stupid people jumping at the chance to point it out on the boards.

Lomoriond
05-30-2008, 07:38 PM
Yeah the funny part is how people think it's their responsibility to point out such things.. Was talking with Vivaldi earlier and he basically said he thinks it's his responsibility to point out PUBLICLY any mistake a GM makes in order to "preserve the balance of the game".. OMG he got a shimmering cloak!! That merchant lightened plate past 30 lbs! Report him!

One reason I love this game so much is because of the diversity of merchants and how each one has their own personal interpretations of the rules and guidelines they are supposed to follow.. One might be super strict and not allow stuff they should while another might stretch or even break them sometimes whether willingly or accidently. I'd rather have different opinionated people behind the merchants who are capable of making mistakes sometimes than robots who don't even get to decide what to do.

Bottom line, nothing good can come of pointing out mistakes merchants make while working on items. So what if 1 time out of 1000 someone gets an ice age item worked on or an illegal alter made. In the big picture is that really going to unbalance the game? This need to "tattle tale" and publicly point out mistakes a merchant made to either get an item nerfed or get the merchant in trouble is retarded and will only create MORE restrictions. Everyone complains how the rules now are ridiculous but when a merchant lets something slide we have these stupid people jumping at the chance to point it out on the boards.

Condensed for anyone not wanting to read a wall of bullshit: "I'm still butthurt over getting my weightless ball-sack nerfed and still ranting about it"

Sylph
05-30-2008, 08:19 PM

Yeah, Tsin. It's down to legality in this case... It's ILLEGAL because they can have RL consequences from ICE, no?

Not sure what it is but those ICE metals aren't suppose to exist. This isn't something getting deepened when it shouldn't or whatnot.

Quite the whopper of the mistake, IMO.

AestheticDeath
05-30-2008, 08:20 PM
And yet the mistakes happen all the time around Tsin. Go figure.

bubbauno
05-30-2008, 08:25 PM
Just send the GM 20 bucks through paypal before the merchanting session and you can get anything you want done

Sylph
05-30-2008, 09:00 PM
Eh... I'd rather get a chinese take-away.

Jinsem
05-31-2008, 03:06 AM
a massive galvorn-plated gauntlet
I've had this lightened twice since owning it. Go figure.

Here's one of my more favorite items, has about 8 scripts too ;)
a decrepit ghost wolf pelt (What's wrong with it)

Jinsem
Has crazier stuff hidden away.

Askip
05-31-2008, 06:58 AM
CB 30m to bmiller going once!

Askip
05-31-2008, 11:36 AM
<< a decrepit ghost wolf pelt (What's wrong with it) >>

No clue, do ghost wolves not normally give pelts?

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
05-31-2008, 11:39 AM
They're ghosts. How can a ghost's pelt be tangible?

Belnia
05-31-2008, 02:59 PM
Simutronics, upon breaking off the business arrangement with Iron Crown Enterprises (ICE), was from that point forward legally obligated to cease using ICE terms. Also, whenever possible, it was the obligation of Simutronics to remove those terms from the game. So all the ICE metals were no longer sold, and new names were thought up. References to ICE places, materials, deities and everything else was removed. Thus, the de-ICEing.

Joseph
05-31-2008, 03:28 PM
References to ICE places, materials, deities and everything else was removed. Thus, the de-ICEing.

except for the 10ish places that still exist in game where you can find ICE in the landscape of rooms. Guess the GM's are just too lazy to be through.

Askip
06-01-2008, 09:14 AM
CB 30m to bmiller going twice!
BO 35m

Auction closes 23:59 EDT Monday if no further bids.

Itachi
06-01-2008, 01:39 PM
Man shut the fuck up you whiny cunts.

Jahira
06-01-2008, 02:19 PM
Man shut the fuck up you whiny cunts.

Very productive response. Thank you

Itachi
06-01-2008, 02:33 PM
It would be productive if they followed the instructions.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
06-01-2008, 02:37 PM
This entire thread boils down to: WAHHHHHH! They wouldn't let me get MY illegal merchant service, WAHHHHHHHHHHHH! Just stfu and let the poor guy sell his god damned sword you snivelling brats. Seriously.

Askip
06-02-2008, 07:45 AM
CB 30m to bmiller going thrice, last call!!!
BO 35m

Auction closes 23:59 EDT tonight if no further bids.

Askip
06-02-2008, 01:54 PM
Ten hours left to bid!

Askip
06-03-2008, 06:11 AM
Sold!

Methais
06-03-2008, 06:20 AM
Yeah, Tsin. It's down to legality in this case... It's ILLEGAL because they can have RL consequences from ICE, no?

Not sure what it is but those ICE metals aren't suppose to exist. This isn't something getting deepened when it shouldn't or whatnot.

Quite the whopper of the mistake, IMO.

Yeah, because I'm sure ICE has spies playing GS so that they can catch Simu in the act and then sue them for what....$100?