PDA

View Full Version : Getting to know you..

Ilvane
12-27-2003, 08:29 AM
Since we have a new social forum, I thought I'd ask everyone to tell something about yourself that we don't know about you already.

It can be an interesting fact, or a story, or something else..just as long as it's true.

Something maybe no one knows about me..let me think..

I'm a new vegetarian..Yeah, boring stuff..:lol:

-A

Weedmage Princess
12-27-2003, 08:40 AM
Hmm..something weird...

I'm currently debating shaving my head when I have my next child (well when I'm pregnant) despite a ton of opposition..hehe.

Reason being is because during the days of big hair (shudder) I managed to dry out/destroy the front of my hair (the 10 ft. high teased bangs, then the crimping on the sides...yeah that was me...stfu stop laughing at me! :( ) and I read in a couple of magazine (and know from experience) that your hair grows fast, strong and healthy when you're pregnant...soooooo..that's my reason for considering it.

Sean
12-27-2003, 10:21 AM
eh sure why not ill post a few weird factiod about myself:

im extremely shy and quiet almost to the point of being completely unapproachable. except when im around people im comfortable with them in lound and obnoxious.

in 1st grade i feel off a motorcycle while riding with my dad in jamaica and tore most ofthe skin off one of my forearms. but it completely healed and no one can tell anything happened.

even though i have 1000s of songs on my computer, most of them i own the CDs for and ripped, ill pick one or two songs a day and just listen to them over and over to the point that would drive most people insane.

and one that everyone knows about me.. im incredibly lazy hence why im seemingly unable to ever capatialize, punctuate, or spell check my posts or IMs.

Kitsun
12-27-2003, 10:30 AM
I am an addicted multi-account user for Gemstone. I can not use less than 2 accounts at once or I suffer from the opposite of information overload, I call it information underload. I constantly need to be able to do something. If I only have one account, I will type in exp, info, fame, skill, profile, who full - all about three times a minute.

DCSL
12-27-2003, 11:03 AM
Alright, my horrible confession of incurable weirdness...

I have a habit of rubbing tags. The tags on t-shirts, the tags on underwear, stuffed animals, anything. As long as it's the kind of tag that's silky on one side and slightly rough on the other. I have no idea where this habit came from, it's just a comfort thing. I usually have a ripped off tag in my pocket, but sometimes, when I'm really uncomfortable, people can see me with my underwear tag hanging out the top of my pants and me rubbing it. Eh heh... thus sealing my rep as a dweeb forever.

Do I win a prize for weirdest habit?

Rastaman
12-27-2003, 11:08 AM
I'm a vegetarian too. I also really like to watch TV. Cosby Show, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Cops and all sports.

Miss X
12-27-2003, 11:18 AM
oooh, I have a few weird habbits. When I'm tired I still suck my thumb, when Im nervous I tap my collar bone over and over till its really painfull. I'm also really into bondage.....

Meos
12-27-2003, 11:19 AM
rubbing tags?! lol that' one on me

Edaarin
12-27-2003, 12:00 PM
I live in the past a lot. I probably spend about an hour every day thinking about decisions I've made and what would have happened if I had made a different choice, or if I had a time machine what I'd do differently.

Rastaman
12-27-2003, 12:02 PM
I have a time machine. Just pack it and ignite it, works wonders.

The Cat In The Hat
12-27-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Kitsun
I am an addicted multi-account user for Gemstone. I can not use less than 2 accounts at once or I suffer from the opposite of information overload, I call it information underload. I constantly need to be able to do something. If I only have one account, I will type in exp, info, fame, skill, profile, who full - all about three times a minute.

I only have one account but I do that too! Shit does this mean I should get another account?

Cat

Edaarin
12-27-2003, 12:17 PM
Put the bong down and back slowly away.

GOD
12-27-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Edaarin
Put the bong down and back slowly away.

::grabs the bong, lights it long, and clears the chamber:: Haha - Wizzel!

-J-Tizzel

Rastaman
12-27-2003, 02:09 PM
I wasn't trying to imply anything. My time machine has side compartments (for packing your luggage) and an ignition (that you ignite to start the hyperdrive). Just say no.

edit: cuz i sux at typign

[Edited on 12-27-2003 by Rastaman]

12-27-2003, 04:03 PM
Heh DCSL. Thats kinda weird. Good thing i won't share my idiosyncrsies. or w\e

Kitsun
12-27-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by The Cat In The Hat
I only have one account but I do that too! Shit does this mean I should get another account?
Cat

Ya oughta try it! You might end up fidgeting less. You trade it in for bouncing from screen to screen though...but if you ever turn on autolog, it'll save your harddrive from being overrun by massive amounts of text.

Its great for hunting too! No more sitting around bored for 3 seconds while your waiting to cast another spell.

DCSL
12-28-2003, 12:02 AM
Mine's not a scary habit just... odd. I don't think I have any scary habits. Except maybe laughing like a stereotypical Hollywood witch. It used to be my actual normal laugh when I was a little girl, but then people started making fun of me for it so now I only chuckle, unless I'm around people I trust. See, I can confess this stuff to you guys, 'cause you all will probably never see/hear it. And I'm a bit of a stronger person now than when I was five, I guess.

That is, unless you go to this next SimuCon. I'll show you my pocket tag, and if you tell me a funny joke, I can release my inner Hollywood witch. ,v,,

Bobmuhthol
12-28-2003, 12:04 AM
I'm awesome.

The end.

Back
12-28-2003, 12:17 AM
Oddly, I tend to attract vegetarian women. No idea why. I love meat, especially pork.

Ravenstorm
12-28-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Backlash
Oddly, I tend to attract vegetarian women. No idea why. I love meat, especially pork.

You just know there's a joke in there begging to come out.

Raven

Stunseed
12-28-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Edaarin
I live in the past a lot. I probably spend about an hour every day thinking about decisions I've made and what would have happened if I had made a different choice, or if I had a time machine what I'd do differently.

You and me both, my friend. That is one of my worst habits, because it leads me to self-doubt. Another habit of mine is making mountains of molehills, and letting stuff I have no power over anger me.

Love you Jolena!

Back
12-28-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Ravenstorm

Originally posted by Backlash

You just know there's a joke in there begging to come out.

Raven

No joke man! I swear its the truth. Odd isn't it?

Drew2
12-28-2003, 12:36 AM
Like Vinh and Stun, I have a bad habit of reliving the past. I'll catch myself blushing or being embarassed over something that happened over 5 years ago, simply because the memory is so vivid I feel stupid about it. I get all angry over things I can't change too, as in decisions I made that led to things that I'm not happy with. I guess a lot of people do that at one point or another.

I've recently developed a habit of playing with my ear. I don't know why. It started probably less than a year ago but I do it automatically when I'm nervous or just waiting for something. I also twirl my hair now if I'm concentrating over homework or something. I guess these are things you pick up when you live alone and have no one to talk to sometimes. Haha.

Hmm... I sing a lot. Like in the shower, in the car, when I'm bored... mostly just anytime I'm by myself.

I can't think of anything else.

Oh... and I dance with doors.

Satira
12-28-2003, 03:27 AM
I have a pet sugar glider. It's a marsupial, and he's really cute. His name is Bo.
I'm also really fun and cool. Oh and I forgot, I'm awesome.

Chadj
12-28-2003, 03:52 AM
Well, Backlash, 95% of the women i've dated, have gone vegitarian... i dunno.. just, suddenly, stopped liking meat... ::sigh::

Back
12-28-2003, 04:10 AM
Here is something else about me, I like my sleep. g'night.

Caiylania
12-28-2003, 04:54 AM
I love textures and smells.... the feelings of things. Like silk, velvet, smooth paper. My daughter's skin and the smell of it. I love the smell of new books or really old ones.

As for temperment, I get mad of stupid stuff but keep my head on important things and sometimes over react when I do something stupid, but not when others do.

Bewitchindryad25
12-28-2003, 09:43 AM
Lets see things that no one here knows. Thats alot hehe. I've played the drums since I was 5 years old.

I have 3 piercings besides my ears, only one is visible I'll let you assume what you will with that.

Oh and when i'm hyper or drinkin I love to randomly sing outloud or sing to people in IM's just ask Weedie I serenaded her with Outkast a few days ago. Least she never gets bored while talking to me :smilegrin:

Thats all I can think of right now.

~Amber

12-28-2003, 11:14 AM
pix plz

Vixen
12-28-2003, 11:37 AM
Hmm things no one knows... is probably the same things no one cares about.. hmm

I've played the violin since I was about 7 or 8. But I refuse to play it in public. I have horrible fear of being on stage. Which is really sad because I was in a million plays in high school. I'd get super sick before all of them.

I'm oversensitive. Everything upsets me, whether it should or not. I'm an extreme worrywart. And I too live in the past.
Mostly wishing some horrible things that were my fault could be changed.
Oh yah, and I sing at the top of my lungs in the car. I turn up whatever is playing and just belt it, which makes me laugh.
I think thats about all anyone cares to know about me.
I do not dance with doors

Jani

DaMaGe
12-28-2003, 12:06 PM
I don't relieve the past. I have a tendancy to daydream about the future. It can be about anything in the future; My daughter, my car, my house, anything. And I do it alot. Probably more than is healthy.

I'm also very shy, but I can walk up and talk to most anyone if I'm motivated. There's something strange about that, I think. Most of the time I won't talk if there are people I don't know around, and sometimes I withdraw even from my friends of thirteen plus years. I'm not sure why, though.

Let's see, there's other stuff I'm sure. I've killed someone before. I'm pretty sure that has to do with my mind being a little bit off. It's not exactly something that does wonders for the (already) fragile mindset of a young adult.

There's more, but I think that's all for now.

-Adam

MaryJane
12-28-2003, 03:23 PM
I go to church.

12-28-2003, 03:42 PM
gasp

Ravenstorm
12-28-2003, 05:26 PM
My guilty secret is...

I own the Best of Cher. In fact, I pre-ordered it.

Raven

Sean
12-28-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Ravenstorm
My guilty secret is...

I own the Best of Cher. In fact, I pre-ordered it.

Raven

ill file this under good blackmail material.

Drew2
12-28-2003, 05:36 PM
100 bucks said Snapp did too.

/flee

Satira
12-28-2003, 07:58 PM
I saw Cher in concert a couple months ago. And I loved it. So blackmail me instead.

12-28-2003, 08:47 PM
Your a girl.

Weedmage Princess
12-28-2003, 09:13 PM
Lots of men like Cher. Did you see her video "If I Could Turn Back Time?" That was a male audience in the video and they were all cheering loudly ::stare::

Sean
12-28-2003, 09:16 PM
they were also sailors ... you know the kind we keep out at see and really get excited when they see any lady.

Skirmisher
12-28-2003, 09:21 PM
Tijay is just scared to admit he was on board that day and saying something along the lines of "Oh, I must be in the front row"

Sean
12-28-2003, 09:22 PM
i was like 10 when it came out just because you were 30 doesnt mean we all were.

Skirmisher
12-28-2003, 09:24 PM
Stowaway!

Ravenstorm
12-28-2003, 09:25 PM
Admit it... when no one is looking you're humming 'In the Navy' by the Village People. :smilegrin:

Raven

MaryJane
12-29-2003, 08:27 AM
Ok, I must share this with .. someone. Anyway, I got this new tube of toothpaste. I forget what kind it is. It was like a free tube in a five pack of Crest or something.. so anyway, it's shaped differently than normal toothpaste tubes. It's like.. rounder.. and uhm.. longer.. and uhm.. thinner than normal. Everytime I pick it up, it reminds me of an exboyfriend. I'm really thinking of throwing it away and getting a new tube.

Czeska
12-29-2003, 10:01 AM
Oooooook I just don't know what to do with that one.

Something no one knows.. I used to have "Eddie and the Cruisers" on Beta and I watched it 31 times.

<glares at the ones saying "what's beta">

Snapp
12-29-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Tayre
100 bucks said Snapp did too.

/flee

STFU! Actually, the sad part is, I do have it ... :( And I've seen her in concert... how stereotypical of me.

Drew2
12-29-2003, 02:17 PM
ROFL.

OK JACK.

Moist Happenings
12-29-2003, 02:18 PM
Hrm....I have several small pieces of gravel imbedded in my left shin from being run over by an ATV as a child! Nobody knows that except maybe one of my ex's.

Drew2
12-29-2003, 02:20 PM
Rofl I don't understand how people get run over by cars/atvs/etc.

OH NOES I DIDN'T SEE SOMETHING 4 TIMES MY SIZE COMING AT ME AT HIGH SPEEDS!!11

Call me crazy.

Moist Happenings
12-29-2003, 02:25 PM

I pick my nose

Dude, that's nasty.

Rofl I don't understand how people get run over by cars/atvs/etc.

OH NOES I DIDN'T SEE SOMETHING 4 TIMES MY SIZE COMING AT ME AT HIGH SPEEDS!!11

Call me crazy.

Ahem. I was running away from it, down a gravel driveway. The rider was a mildly retarded kid and he lost control and ran me over after jerking it to one side. THAT is how one gets run over.

Kurapira
12-29-2003, 04:04 PM
I don't have anything that you people don't know about. I'm not weird, and I don't do anything bad...

::whistles and then smiles innocently at drew and tijay::

la la la

Skirmisher
12-29-2003, 06:27 PM
I was an altar girl, so there.

I worked in our food pantry collecting and distributing food and food baskets (well ok, boxes) at christmas and thanksgiving.

I brought sandwiches and coffee and coats into NY to distribute to the homeless.

I was in three different choirs and two youth groups.

And look at me now! A godless heathen.

Can I get an amen!.......well maybe not :)

Souzy
12-29-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Skirmisher
I was an altar girl, so there.

I worked in our food pantry collecting and distributing food and food baskets (well ok, boxes) at christmas and thanksgiving.

I brought sandwiches and coffee and coats into NY to distribute to the homeless.

I was in three different choirs and two youth groups.

And look at me now! A godless heathen.

Can I get an amen!.......well maybe not :)

Praise the Lawd!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I'm in church.

Kurapira
12-29-2003, 08:21 PM
Well, I have gone to church at one time too.

I was in the orchestra, choir, theatre and I worked in the food pantry there until they had to close it down due to no funds.
I went to many private christian schools. Also when to one private catholic school back on the east coast when I was living there.

I was in and still am in Girl Scouts too. I am able to start my own troop if I wanted to.

Like I said, I'm a good girl. hehe

DaMaGe
12-29-2003, 08:23 PM
I dig good girls.

-Adam

Drew2
12-29-2003, 08:46 PM
Kurapira is as good as Britney Spears.

Take that as you will.

12-29-2003, 10:10 PM
I Crank it to the Picture post thread.

Kurapira
12-30-2003, 05:29 AM
Kurapira is as good as Britney Spears.

Take that as you will.

:flamed: Die!

Carl Spackler
12-30-2003, 09:49 PM
I play hockey, I watch sports. I like beer, especially blue light. Also Red Bull and Jaeger. I like to workout, but i hate work. I hate the detroit redwings, and I love the Colorado Avalanche.... thats all i can think of nwo

Betheny
12-30-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by RangerD1
I Crank it to the Picture post thread.

But what you didn't tell us, is when you do it, you're thinking about the GUYS.

12-30-2003, 09:57 PM
Well its mostly to my own picture. Thats what i got aweb cam.