PDA

View Full Version : TOWNS TERRORIZED BY DEMONS, LAW STRIKES BACK!

theotherjohn
12-27-2003, 07:33 AM
Several terrorizing demons have forced the justice keepers of the various townships and baronies to convene and rule that evil spirits will no longer be welcome inside town borders. Those who summon them or attempt to bring their demons within reach of the law will find themselves the subject of an arrest. There is some talk of future licensing that would allow demons to wander in town limits, but a decision has yet to be reached.

theotherjohn
12-27-2003, 05:32 PM
>
Wakahashi just arrived.

>
A slobbering ash grey aishan pads into the area.
>

>look
[Town Square, Garden Niche]
This small niche between two buildings has been neatly landscaped into a tiny moonlit garden, its careful mosaic of flagstones interspersed with patches of trimmed grass. A low stone bench rests along one vine-covered wall, and a patch of colorful violets surrounds a painted wooden barrel in one corner. You also see a slobbering ash grey aishan, a peak tiger, a towering blue tanik tree with some stuff on it and a mound of snow.
Also here: Wakahashi, Noxley, Lord Aharil
Obvious paths: east
>

[Entering rest mode...press any key to resume.]

[Leaving rest mode.]

point aishan
You point at a slobbering ash grey aishan.

>Wakahashi put a gold-capped orase runestaff in his Faendryl style robe.
>

>
Wakahashi quietly says, "Doggie."

>"illegal here now
You say, "Illegal here now."

>
Wakahashi snickers.

>
Noxley grins.
>

Wakahashi quietly says, "I don't think so."
>

>
A slobbering ash grey aishan looks very attentive.
>

>
Noxley says, "It is icemule at least."

>
Noxley nods to you.

>'sure it is
You say, "Sure it is."

>
Wakahashi quietly says, "His name is Drooley."

>look
[Town Square, Garden Niche]
This small niche between two buildings has been neatly landscaped into a tiny moonlit garden, its careful mosaic of flagstones interspersed with patches of trimmed grass. A low stone bench rests along one vine-covered wall, and a patch of colorful violets surrounds a painted wooden barrel in one corner. You also see a slobbering ash grey aishan, a peak tiger, a towering blue tanik tree with some stuff on it and a mound of snow.
Also here: Wakahashi, Noxley, Lord Aharil
Obvious paths: east

A voice from the crowd echoes, "Demonic Summoning! Demonic Summoning! Someone call for the town constable!"

>
Noxley cackles!

>
Wakahashi quietly says, "Aah."

>"see
You say, "See."

>
Wakahashi incants arcanely while staring at a slobbering ash grey aishan. He gestures vividly, causing a small murky black rift to open. The aishan is pulled through the rift which closes behind it.
>

Betheny
12-27-2003, 11:21 PM
That's fucking retarded. That's like outlawing stealing, familiars, or spirits in town.

Utterly, fucking stupid.

Bobmuhthol
12-27-2003, 11:21 PM
Stealing is outlawed...

Betheny
12-27-2003, 11:22 PM
Uh, only if you get caught.

Bobmuhthol
12-27-2003, 11:24 PM
Yes, just like having a demon is outlawed only if you get caught.

You just get caught 100% of the time.

Halfsilver
12-27-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
That's like outlawing stealing, familiars, or spirits in town.

It's not anything like that.

Demons are evil. Familiars and spirits aren't.

Betheny
12-27-2003, 11:25 PM

You ignorant dumbass.

What makes demons evil and spirits not?

Halfsilver
12-27-2003, 11:26 PM
Please forgive me....and let me clarify.

Spirits, while some can be evil, are not necessarily evil by nature, while demons, on the other hand, ARE.

ok?

Betheny
12-27-2003, 11:28 PM
...right.

Supernatural beings = supernatural beings. Be they 'demons', 'spirits', or talking dogs and birds.

What the hell is the point of having a demon if you can't use it? You get some sort of an EXP absorption penalty if you don't rest in town. You rest in town, you either have to hide your ass at a table, or go somewhere that people might steal from you. It's nice to have your demon to bite the hell out of thieves, except now that's utterly useless and pointless since you get arrested for havinga demon now.

Stupid. Really stupid.

theotherjohn
12-27-2003, 11:34 PM
It being released last night was a mistake due to a miscommunication on my part with Alyias. It's my fault, so if you want to throw rotten vegetables, throw them at me. I'm waiting to see if Alyias is on tonight so that he can disable it because Justice is his system. If he doesn't show up before I leave for the night I'll change the code myself and turn it off.

If you were arrested for DS, please ASSIST and we'll replace the fine and/or any lost items. Be careful with demons until tomorrow morning after 6:00 AM or so, though, since I don't know at what point tonight it'll get disabled.

Nilven

Halfsilver
12-27-2003, 11:35 PM
Really, it's not that big of a deal.

Rangers have to deal with the restrictions of their Companions, which I'd like to say, are numerous. Roundtimes, waits, restricted areas, constant attention, not dying...

I'm sorry, but if you don't see the difference between a DEMON and a spirit... was there ever a good demon? not that I know of. Are there good spirits? yes.

Suck it up, sorcerors. We rangers did.

thanks

Bobmuhthol
12-27-2003, 11:40 PM
If you want to go by the book, a demon is a spirit but it's specifically a demon because it is evil or a devil.

Betheny
12-27-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Halfsilver
Rangers have to deal with the restrictions of their Companions, which I'd like to say, are numerous. Roundtimes, waits, restricted areas, constant attention, not dying...

I'm sorry, but if you don't see the difference between a DEMON and a spirit... was there ever a good demon? not that I know of. Are there good spirits? yes.

Suck it up, sorcerors. We rangers did.

thanks

1. There aren't demons or spirits, thus how can they be 'good' or 'bad'.

2. AC's can do 29347238947239847 more things than demons can do, INCLUDING GOING INTO TOWN NOW, THX.

Halfsilver
12-27-2003, 11:50 PM
You know...that it takes an average of about 25-30 seconds for my AC to join my character when he has engaged a monster?

By that time, he's either dead or has dispatched his opponant. And that's at max affinity. AC's are just really nice Roleplaying tools, if you ask me. You also have to have high affinity to bring them anywhere populated or indoors.

Demons, on the other hand....extra defense against stealing, they can attack, right? and they can carry messages...and I don't know what else, but they look really nice, and my sorceror is about to get one. I won't be put out in the least if they implement that no demon rule in town.

Bobmuhthol
12-27-2003, 11:52 PM
Oh boo fucking hoo it takes 30 seconds for something to kill an enemy for you. It must suck so much being able to kill things without lifting a finger.

At this time I'd like to point out that warriors get full plate. No companions, no spirits. All we get is fucking armor and a weapon to fight for us.

I repeat, boo fucking hoo.

Bobmuhthol
12-27-2003, 11:53 PM
<<I won't be put out in the least if they implement that no demon rule in town.>>

It's implemented, and there's already a post IN THIS THREAD explaining that it was a mistake and will be removed by tomorrow.