PDA

View Full Version : Armor question

Tilarium
05-28-2008, 12:37 AM
Ok, back in the lands and although I remember alot there's also a lot I don't remember. This set of questions is in regards to segmented armor. Is there any differance from wearing a full set of segmented armor (breastplate, armored boots, gauntlets, and helm) from wearing a full 1 peice set of armor? Also, how are enchants taken into account for segmented armor peices. Does a +20 helm give me +20 ontop of the enchant of the chest peice? Can segmented armor have flares (that's a neat feature, armor with flares!) and padding, and if so, how does it work on them? Ok, those are the questions of the day :)

Kyle, player of Tilarium

Latrinsorm
05-28-2008, 10:54 AM
The Damage Factor on any hit is always determined by the material of the torso armor: same.

The crit divisor is determined by the material of the torso armor for "actual coverage", the material minus one for "uncovered" areas, or the material of the torso armor for any area with an accessory (of any material) on it: same. (Also note that wearing an accessory on a "covered" area has no defensive impact whatsoever.)

The base armor weight is determined only by the torso armor: MBP has a base weight of 23 pounds, full plate has a base weight of 75 pounds. The base weight is subtracted off whenever an armor of that type is worn; hence, standard full plate will be +75-75 = 0 while piecemeal armor will be +23+accessory weight-23 = not 0.

The CvA and AvD are determined only by the torso armor.

Accessory enchant is defensively irrelevant. Accessories can be padded or flared. If you have an accessory and base armor of the same types or if one is plain, the highest value is taken. If you have an accessory and base armor of different types, you only get half of each value. For instance, if you have a heavy damage padded helm and heavy crit padded armor, you'll only get somewhat of each type on your head.

Martaigne
05-28-2008, 12:54 PM
The Damage Factor on any hit is always determined by the material of the torso armor: same.

The crit divisor is determined by the material of the torso armor for "actual coverage", the material minus one for "uncovered" areas, or the material of the torso armor for any area with an accessory (of any material) on it: same. (Also note that wearing an accessory on a "covered" area has no defensive impact whatsoever.)

The base armor weight is determined only by the torso armor: MBP has a base weight of 23 pounds, full plate has a base weight of 75 pounds. The base weight is subtracted off whenever an armor of that type is worn; hence, standard full plate will be +75-75 = 0 while piecemeal armor will be +23+accessory weight-23 = not 0.

The CvA and AvD are determined only by the torso armor.

Accessory enchant is defensively irrelevant. Accessories can be padded or flared. If you have an accessory and base armor of the same types or if one is plain, the highest value is taken. If you have an accessory and base armor of different types, you only get half of each value. For instance, if you have a heavy damage padded helm and heavy crit padded armor, you'll only get somewhat of each type on your head.

Listen to this guy.

Tilarium
05-28-2008, 09:42 PM
Sounds like I'm better off getting a full suit and just segmenting until I get get into the full plate... now to try and convince the GMs that the nice rolaren-alloy plate I bought is made of ROLAREN and not vultite... HAHA!

JARVISN
12-17-2008, 05:23 PM
So...

If I'm wearing a leather breastplate, my arms/legs/head are treated as if they're covered by soft leather?

Or, on up the scale, wearing a metal breastplate has the effect of covering the limbs and head with chain?

Not very realistic, but nice to know.

-Nolan