PDA

View Full Version : returning to the game and have no clue

Nylisk
05-27-2008, 09:19 PM
I have some questions:

I've decided to be a forest gnome empath. Is this going to make me very bad at being an empath?
What should I do for stats and perhaps should I change anything based on what race I am?
I've NEVER played an empath before. What training paths are available?

I've seen that empath guide thread tossed around a lot on the forum. Are there any real guides out there?

Celephais
05-27-2008, 09:41 PM
just accept the default training path and start playing, the instant fixskills for 30 days and the 5 re-stats will let you figure things out a bit better and have some fun. Besides Empaths are the least likely to be fucked up profession training wise.

diethx
05-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Since you do have 30 days to change training plans, i'd suggest going sword and board for starters, unless you can somehow have an unlimited supply of twisted wands. Healing sucks especially hard for the low levels, and you'd be best off hunting rats and etc. for the first few (or 9) levels.

Asile
05-28-2008, 09:47 AM
The only 2 big issues I see, which are a problem in general for Forest Gnomes, are that you're going to have a low blood supply (so watch your blood transfers and how many bleeders you've got at once!)...and, of course, encumbrance (which won't really be an issue if you plan to be a town healer, especially once you learn Adrenal Surge so you can still spring to your feet).

My Empath was friends with a little Forest Gnome Empath, though, so it CAN be done.. I just haven't seen her in forever, so I'm not sure if she's still around.