PDA

View Full Version : Universal movement script?

Rolis
05-27-2008, 07:38 PM
I have tried SBC seems a little weak on the hunting grounds. I was looking for a universal movement script that has script thats will get me to the most hunting grounds. Anyone know what script has most hunting locations on it? How about lich? Does it have scripts for hunting grounds?

Thanks

Nilandia
05-27-2008, 07:43 PM
Lich has a goto script that will allow pick up your location and move to whatever location you specify, so long as both locations and the rooms in between are in the database. You can specify room number or a text string in the room description. You can also save locations so you don't have to keep remembering numbers. If you run the goto, make sure you have your room descriptions turned on, else you can get lost.

PsiNet Atlas does similar, though it works with Tsoran maps. As far as I know, it doesn't work with room description text. You can also use PsiNet locate to find the room number where someone is and use Atlas to get there. (I don't know off-hand if Lich will do that.)

Gretchen

CrystalTears
05-27-2008, 07:43 PM
MTP is better as it adds in hunting grounds. You can find it posted on these boards, or if you have Lich, it's available for download.

Rolis
05-27-2008, 08:00 PM
thanks for the information.. what is MTP.. what does it stand for?

CrystalTears
05-27-2008, 08:03 PM
Merzbow's Taxi Partnership

Ogreslayer
05-28-2008, 10:24 AM
Has anybody updated MTP recently? It's a great script, but it doesn't include newer places like Sunfist outposts, Ravelin, getting to the new Minotaur Labyrinth, and I saw an announcement about some new Warrens in River's Rest.

Speaking of River's Rest, it'd be nice if MTP had a waypoint outside of the Commons instead of all travel going through the Commons. It's easy to see who is using MTP when resting there, because you'll see a rapid occurrence of "Ogreslayer just walked up a dusty pathway. Ogreslayer just walked down a dusty pathway."