PDA

View Full Version : Crazy new board mods again

Methais
12-27-2003, 01:16 PM
Ever notice when a new board mod shows up, they start pulling posts left and right? This is no exception. He doesn't seem to be the brightest star in the sky anyway, and according to an ex-host friend of mine, he's pretty dumb anyway...

Dear BARAKA,

The following message has been removed from the Discussions about the new GemStone topic for the use of a masked vulgarity, which is a violation of Simutronics Terms and Conditions (TAC). The policy states that the use of certain words or phrases is forbidden in Simutronics products since this is a family-oriented service. Even when these words are masked by the use of substitute symbols, if the word is recognizable, it is against policy. I can understand that you feel frustrated at times but out of respect to the other players, that kind of language is not acceptable for public posting.

The problem area of your post was: "d00d OMG WTF!" While I can agree that it was posted in good fun, I still have to remove it because it's in violation of Forum policy.

Please feel free to re-post your message with the violation removed. If you have any questions about my action in removing your message, please don't hesitate to email me so we can clarify the issue to your satisfaction.

Sincerely,

~
GameHost Emeradan
Discussions with Simutronics
MOD-GSEMERADAN@PLAY.NET
~

==== BEGIN COPY OF POST ====
Forum: GemStone IV
Category: The Next Generation of GemStone
Topic: Discussions about the new GemStone
Msg#: 17565
Subject: Re: Experience Bonus

>>if player_name = Kalzondious

Oh man, I had forgotten all about that guy until you made that post. He was responsible for much laughter. Think his name was Kalzandius.

<SNERT>

d00d OMG WTF!

</SNERT>

~ Methais

Kneel before Zod!

==== END COPY OF POST ====

Now this wouldn't be so bad if I was saying WTF in a bitter, pissed off post, or if I've never seen a Staff member use it in a joking way as well.

I'm guessing (hoping?) he just has New-Board-Mod-Must-Pull-Everything-I-Possibly-Can Syndrome, and won't become another Ysbail.

Edaarin
12-27-2003, 01:26 PM
Emeradan isn't a new board mod I don't think

Methais
12-27-2003, 01:46 PM
I haven't seen him around for more than a couple months. Oh well, guess Ysbail's replacement is here, which means time to play some more FF11 instead of GS :P

[Edited on 12-27-2003 by Methais]

Delyorik
12-27-2003, 03:31 PM
Did you start the last Mod thread, Meth? Wasn't it about the same Mod, too? You guys should really have a drink or something.

Better yet, I will for ya :)

BTW, how many posts of yours has he pulled, Methais?

~Dely

[Edited on 12-27-2003 by Delyorik]

Methais
12-27-2003, 04:35 PM
Yep, you can find it here.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=2713

These are the only two posts he pulled, and both for stupid bonehead reasons that make me see him as another Ysbail.

Soulpieced
12-27-2003, 07:43 PM
I don't think it would have been pulled if you didn't use the WTF.

Soulpieced
12-27-2003, 07:45 PM
On a side note, I plan on no longer posting on the official boards, because it's as if none of the old bard's opinions matter anymore.

theotherjohn
12-27-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
On a side note, I plan on no longer posting on the official boards, because it's as if none of the old bard's opinions matter anymore.

I went to the new boards and deleted all my posts last night.

I agree it is a freakin waste of time to post there

Xcalibur
12-27-2003, 08:01 PM
TOS of the official board:

1) You agree to lick our asses
2) we are never wrong
3) in doubts, refer to 1) or 2)

Warriorbird
12-28-2003, 02:08 AM
You can get away with a lot. Just don't post anything actually criticizing any other players or involving vulgarity. Kevralynn got away with flaming the GMs for months (particularly Stealth)....Sassee for months as well.

TheRoseLady
12-28-2003, 06:06 PM
Actually Emeradan is one of the shining stars. He's patient, not overbearing - likes to have fun and tries to let a topic police itself. He's rather enjoyable.

I think that you just had the misfortune of having something that needed pulled Methais. Be thankful you didn't get some lecturing letter from Valeir (he was always my favorite.) Here let me post as my PC then I'll whip out my Moderator outfit and talk to you like a bunch of children. Or better yet, Ysbail - say one word remotely off topic and you are banished to the ends of the earth and your little dog too!

You'll grow to find him pretty tolerant.

-TRL

[Edited on 12-28-2003 by TheRoseLady]

Methais
12-28-2003, 07:26 PM
Yeah Ysbail sucks ass. Never had any problems with Valeir. I dunno, maybe having 2 posts pulled in a row by him (the first one definitely shouldn't have been pulled, click the link a few posts up to read it), and the one in this thread I guess it's more a matter of which staff member sees it (I'd guess most of the other mods wouldn't have pulled it).

Oh well, nothing I'm gonna lose sleep over. He just struck me at first as one of those staff members that should still be hunting rats and not on staff, but I guess he's ok.

SpunGirl
12-28-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Warriorbird
You can get away with a lot. Just don't post anything actually criticizing any other players or involving vulgarity. Kevralynn got away with flaming the GMs for months (particularly Stealth)....Sassee for months as well.

Kevralynn is a whiny little blowhole, though, so she doesn't count.

-K

Mistomeer
01-02-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Soulpieced

If you're not giving compliments, the official boards are worthless. There's been times where Uliq has said something is the way it is for this reason; I've gone and proven him wrong and rather than address it, he just quits replying.

Methais
01-02-2004, 09:36 PM
I wouldn't say the official boards are completely worthless. Immolation started out as a complete piece of shit spell when it came out in beta, and we managed to convince Nitid of that. Now it's pretty badass.

It's more of a case by case thing. Not all of them are assholes.

Methais
01-15-2004, 02:33 AM
MOD-GSEMERADAN@play.net wrote:

>Dear BARAKA,
>
>The following message has been removed from the Items Over a Million and up to 9.999M topic for the use of a masked vulgarity, which is a violation of Simutronics Terms and Conditions (TAC). The policy states that the use of certain words or phrases is forbidden in Simutronics products since this is a family-oriented service. Even when these words are masked by the use of substitute symbols, if the word is recognizable, it is against policy.
>
>The reason that I pulled this post was because of a reference to a website named goatse.cx, which has been known to be a "shock site" intended to be offensive to most viewers. As referenced here (http://en2.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goatse.cx), the site has been operational since March 1999. Your post was pulled because of the veiled reference to the site, as well as the history of the site.
>
>You can feel free to re-post your message with the violation removed. If you have any questions about my action in removing your message, please don't hesitate to email me so we can clarify the issue to your satisfaction.
>
>I have forwarded a copy of this message to Moderator Quabu, who is the moderator of this particular folder, for his further review.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>~
>GameHost Emeradan
>Moderator
>Discussions with Simutronics
>MOD-GSEMERADAN@PLAY.NET
>~
>
>==== BEGIN COPY OF POST ====
>Forum: GemStone IV
>Category: The Marketplace
>Topic: Items Over a Million and up to 9.999M
>Msg#: 75
>Subject: Re: nice veil iron sheath and a blessing scabbard
>
>>wow methais, you are worse than warclaidhm. You are "publicly" asking him why he does something "publicly." You really need to give it a rest buddy. Stop feeling that you are the editor in chief of the boards and start buying and selling. Otherwise, stop posting. Thanks.
>
>
>Wow Stinkygoatse.cx, you are worse than me. You are "publically" telling me about your disapproval of me doing something "publically". You really need to give it a rest buddy. Stop thinking that you are the snert in chief on the boards and go play with some more goats. Don't even bother buying and selling either, just stop posting plzkthxbye.
>
>And since it seems you're taking a silent stab at me for spelling "publically" wrong, please see this link:
>
>http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=publically
>
>But just to be fair:
>
>http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=publicly
>
>Oh, and do you ever shut up? Don't you have homework to do or chores to finish or an addition and subtraction test to study for?
>
>Selling a rust-stained iron chisel. Chisel your gems with it and add to their value. 40m or so.
>
>~ Methais
>
>Kneel before Zod!
>==== END COPY OF POST ====
>

01-15-2004, 02:36 AM
20k for the chisel

Latrinsorm
01-15-2004, 10:49 AM
Aren't veil iron sheathes supposed to destroy the weapons inside?

30k chisel.

TheEschaton
01-15-2004, 11:40 AM
I love the signature, Latrin.

"I mean, who takes DIETARY ADVICE from McDonald's?"

- TheEschaton -