PDA

View Full Version : Dark elves skipping merrily.

The Cat In The Hat
12-26-2003, 11:59 PM
Lets play "Guess whats wrong with this picture!"

Lady Demoneta just arrived, skipping merrily.

You see Lady Demoneta the Incantress.
She appears to be a Faendryl Dark Elf.
She appears to be very young and very tall. She has sultry crystal green eyes and bronze skin. She has waist length, glossy deep red hair streaked with silver. She has a delicate face and long pointed ears.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing a faded leather belt, a unicorn etched vultite greatshield, some deep crimson velvet boots, a claret-hued long velvet skirt, a back-laced claret velvet bodice, some sleek black stalking leathers, an engraved imflass armband, a slim dark silver Faendryl wristband, a rune-embossed silver Faendryl band, a rune-etched black Faendryl robe, and a night black backpack embroidered with runes representing House Faendryl.

How do you feel about things like this?

I think movements like skipping should be specialized, in that you cant set it to happen all the time but you would have to type "skip se".

Cat

Kitsun
12-27-2003, 12:19 AM
I think its kinda funny.

Go all out with the name, Demoneta. Spend all the silvers, buying the right Faendryl wardrobe - complete with runes and darkness.

...then to be caught skipping around.

In and of itself it does seem a bit silly, but maybe she's just a really happy dark elf for having her new demon eat a whole town of halflings or something.

I think being able to skip around town isn't that big of a deal. A merry elf or halfling would do it in celebration without even thinking of it!

The stumbling one, on the other hand, seems quite a bit more odd. How darn clumsy can you be!

Tsa`ah
12-27-2003, 12:26 AM
While you can't compare the game to life in most things, in this instance you can.

We have an idea of what is typical of dark elf behavior just as we do any other race. That doesn't mean that there aren't odd balls among the stereotypes.

You will find people in France that aren't rude, people in the UK with perfect teeth, people from the south that are not only educated, but not in-bred.

So it's not terrible RP for a dark elf to skip merrily, or a halfling to be a cannibal, or a Giant-kin to be.... flowery and light on the feet.

Just because they don't fit into the confines of your RP doesn't mean that they are negated.

Caiylania
12-27-2003, 03:17 AM
the only thing that bugs me is the Unicorn etched shield mixed in with all her Faendryl stuff. :D

But I agree with Tsa'ah, her RP may be she was not raised a dark forboding glowering elitest dark elf. Who knows. But if she is not RPing a fitting background, skipping merrily along would be silly.

I play a warrior who is determined in what she does, so I stride everywhere. If I sashayed that would just not 'fit' Caiy. So if anyone ever sees me sashay, they are given permission to knock me off my feet and hit some sense into me!

Warriorbird
12-28-2003, 12:04 AM
Some people are silly. We all have to live with it.

Bobmuhthol
12-28-2003, 12:07 AM
<<I think movements like skipping should be specialized, in that you cant set it to happen all the time but you would have to type "skip se".>>

Anyone who types directions likes typing too much. Making you type skip is as simple as editing 11 macros.

Rastaman
12-28-2003, 12:15 AM
We all know deep down all we want to do is skip merrily. Since skipping merrily down the street will likely get you a merry ass beating, what better place to do it that on Gemstone.

DeV
12-29-2003, 11:08 AM
Love the icon Rastaman...

If you get to the bottom of it, most of the races in GS4 arent roleplayed properly according to their characters racial history anyway.. so stuff like that makes me grin, but doesnt bother me much.

MaryJane
12-29-2003, 11:13 AM
My giant skipped the other day. The thought of a giant skipping amused me.

Kurapira
12-30-2003, 05:52 AM
If I saw some Faendryl dark elf skipping by Kurapira..her first reaction?

>Prep Ewave...
>Cast at idjit.

You can just skip your merry ass into my ewave and bite some dirt.

DeV
12-30-2003, 04:39 PM
you must have to cast that alot then ...

Fallen
12-31-2003, 01:58 PM
She might be a bought character.

Looking at a persons cultural heading is a horrible way to judge someone. Most with specific titles are more than likely not actively roleplaying the culture. Is this right or wrong? It doesnt really matter anymore.

The Cat In The Hat
12-31-2003, 02:23 PM
What I was really more laughing at was her name, and her skipping. Tats kinda like seeing someone named Death skip around.

Cat

Kurapira
12-31-2003, 02:26 PM
Well, Kurapira doesn't cast a lot..and Kurapira does judge on race first. All RP.

I can see your point cat. I find it funny. I was only giving an IC p.o.v.

DeV
01-02-2004, 01:50 PM
Hevinsbane just came sashaying in gracefully.
>
Hevinsbane just sashayed gracefully through the wooden gates.

What do you do about men who sashay?

Fallen
01-05-2004, 02:54 AM
They are careless and fancy free?

Linor
01-07-2004, 10:35 AM
Oh this is so one of my pet peeves, I personally feel all skippers should be kilt on sight.

My not so nice characters tell them to knock it the hell off or die.

My nice characters don't say anything though they will raise an eyebrow.

Czeska
01-07-2004, 10:44 AM
Last night someone seductively asked someone if they'd like to be raised...Ew!
I made a comment, and she grinned, she was a good sport about it and got the point.

Zeyrin
01-07-2004, 08:33 PM
I think it should be open season on all males and dark elves who skip.

If you see me skipping, I'm drunk. Very drunk. You'll be able to tell by my typing. Still, I don't think I could get that drunk. Skipping just annoys the hell out of me.

Fallen
01-08-2004, 09:00 AM
I think you should be able to kill anyone who looks at you cockeyed.