PDA

View Full Version : Staff "secrets" getting worse?

Trinitis
12-26-2003, 10:28 PM
Ok, I assisted over something thats been buggin me a while..and I after a few min, this is the responce I get.

Quabu whispers, "I learned the answer."

You peer quizzically at Quabu.
>
Quabu whispers, "Be sure everyone in the room is in the group."

You ponder.
You quietly whisper to Quabu, "Eh..why?"
>
Quabu whispers, "Can't say more."
>
You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.
>
Quabu whispers, "I told you as much as I can."
>
You work your fingers under your wide-brimmed hat and scratch your head.
>
You say, "Erm..ok.. If you say so."
>
You chuckle.

Wow..how...helpful..

Sheesh..

-Adredrin

Caiylania
12-27-2003, 03:39 AM
Wondering the same thing, what was your question?

Nakiro
12-27-2003, 03:42 AM
Maybe its, "Why am I not sharing coins with everyone in the room when I put share <amount>?"...?

Just a guess.

Nakiro

Trinitis
12-27-2003, 04:35 AM
I was asking why seemingly randomly, sometimes I cannot pick up all the silver left behind from a bashed box. Its not like there are millions of silver on the ground. Today, Mazelina bashed open a box, and when I tried to take the silver..it took in small ammounts..300, 230, 190, 80, 25, 25, 25, 2, 1.

Wa? And group huh?

-Adredrin

Moist Happenings
12-27-2003, 08:59 AM
I refer you to my "It's a big secret and you have to guess" thing. Not "this is not documented" or "this is a bug"

Delyorik
12-27-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
I was asking why seemingly randomly, sometimes I cannot pick up all the silver left behind from a bashed box. Its not like there are millions of silver on the ground. Today, Mazelina bashed open a box, and when I tried to take the silver..it took in small ammounts..300, 230, 190, 80, 25, 25, 25, 2, 1.

Wa? And group huh?

-Adredrin

How heavily were you encumbered at the time? Encumbrance has (or had) a factor in how many coins you can pick up at once, and it doesn't have to be related to how many coins you're already carrying.

Give us all the facts ;)

~Dely, the Watcher

Trinitis
12-27-2003, 05:51 PM
I had about 11k silver on me after I picked up what was on the ground. Then I dropped 5k, and picked it ALL up in one grab. It has nothing to do with the weight on me..I tested it in many different matters. Fact of the matter is, if they would have just told me exactly what Daina posted, this thread would have never been started.

They treat it like its some HUGE game secret. I jus wanna know why I could not pick up less then 2k in silver.

-Adredrin

HarmNone
12-27-2003, 06:36 PM
Heh. I was really getting worried for a minute there!

You said you assisted, Neff, so I am assuming that Quabu is a GH, not a GM. Please tell me this is so! :D

HarmNone

Caramia
12-28-2003, 01:04 AM
It used to be true that if everyone in the room wasn't in your group, then for some reason you only picked up handfuls of coins at a time. Not sure if this has changed, given what other people have said.

Tsa`ah
12-28-2003, 04:48 AM
I don't think it ever worked like that. When warriors first started bashing boxes open I only experienced the problem when in a group and not leading, the same as when I would pull coins from an open box.

Skirmisher
12-28-2003, 09:43 AM
Hmm, coming late to this, but for whatever reason I just always assumed when there were others in the room unless they were all in a group, if you tried to pick up silver you would get a percentage based on the number of people there to allow others to also have a chance to pick up some.

I could of course be WAY wrong on that heh.

Skirmisher
12-28-2003, 09:45 AM
Ah, just read Daina's post on this.

Another mystery solved!