PDA

View Full Version : Official: Platinum Point Recovery

graysun
05-23-2008, 04:31 PM
If anyone cares, the following is a quote from the officials:

As was suggested by the player base, I've inquired and am now bringing to you Platinum Point Recovery.

Platinum Point Recovery will allow you to recover any lost item, regardless of how it was lost, by using Platinum Points. The only consideration is that the item MUST have been registered.

The process is simple:

1) Lose an item, 2) ???, 3) Profit.

No, wait, that's not right.

All you need to do is to write to the [Platinum listserv e-mail], and specify what the item was that was lost that you would like back. If you have the appropriate number of Platinum points, and it was registered, you'll get it returned. There will be no combining points from multiple accounts.

Point Cost:

Scripted fluff = 600 points
Weapons / armor = (100*enchant value + (extra for special enhancements)) points
Non-combat auction-level item = 2500 points
Combat auction-level item = dependant on the item

Obviously, this is not meant to be used every week, or for every item you own, and is only for those extra special items that really kills you to lose.

If you have any questions, let me know.

L

radamanthys
05-23-2008, 04:39 PM
Cool?

AestheticDeath
05-23-2008, 04:41 PM
why plat only?

Latrinsorm
05-23-2008, 04:47 PM
Plat has droppage on decay. This is partially why so many Plat people are such insufferable assholes (and I know a thing or two about insufferable assholes!).

KrolvinScout
05-23-2008, 07:04 PM
Plat has droppage on decay. This is partially why so many Plat people are such insufferable assholes (and I know a thing or two about insufferable assholes!).

I really didn't mind Platinum, the only thing that really bothers me is how much you get raped monthly on the Fee for what is basically a game stepping back in the progression scale of GS4 as opposed to forward.

Granted I enjoy the droppage upon death and so forth, the true thing to worry about is because the community is so small, you're either with...or against the masses pretty much. And gossip flies around that place like shit on rice

Renian
05-23-2008, 07:14 PM
And...How many points do you get a month there? 100?

thefarmer
05-23-2008, 07:25 PM
... the true thing to worry about is because the community is so small, you're either with...or against the masses pretty much. And gossip flies around that place like shit on rice

It's RR for more cash and more bullshit.

KrolvinScout
05-23-2008, 08:05 PM
It's RR for more cash and more bullshit.

Agreed. Simply at the expense of possibly better RP, and your chance of owning nice items...But even in Plat, you have people that tend to horde things, though some people...Mainly Jay...Are nice about people who want a very certain item and are willing to cut deals with trades etc.

I can name one particular Gnome that plays or has at least played there that seemingly would respond back you about an item she possessed that she "Collects them and isn't trading/selling it." Regardless of how much use it may get from some other main player there, which I dislike especially in Plat where the community is supposed to be so close with one another.

The Ponzzz
05-23-2008, 08:11 PM
You get the same amount of points per month. This is actually a wonderful change, though, far too expensive to really make use if you decayed. I was calculating the cost for if I decayed and lost everything and it was something like 40000 PPs for non-combat auction items alone.

Great to get back that one item you cherished though.

As for the Platinum comments, it's the exact same as Prime with less people but with a higher percentage of people who RP and really try to do better. We don't get any of that stuff that happens in the complaint folder here at TC.

KrolvinScout
05-23-2008, 08:15 PM
You get the same amount of points per month. This is actually a wonderful change, though, far too expensive to really make use if you decayed. I was calculating the cost for if I decayed and lost everything and it was something like 40000 PPs for non-combat auction items alone.

Great to get back that one item you cherished though.

As for the Platinum comments, it's the exact same as Prime with less people but with a higher percentage of people who RP and really try to do better. We don't get any of that stuff that happens in the complaint folder here at TC.

Not everyone Mario. But you and I both know that Plat does have it's fair share of whining folk, granted they feel they have more room to whine at the price they pay..Which is understandable, but comparing percentages of people who try to make it better in Plat versus Prime is kinda hard to do given the total numbers.

60% of the Plat population can not be compared to 60% of the Prime, since the Prime numbers far exceed that of Plat. Though there are some very good Pro-Active Plat players out there, I for one know Mario is good people there..Along with Josh..SOMETIMES Jay ;)

And a few more genuinely good people who mean well. I don't know if I'll ever make a comeback to Plat, the monthly cost for me is just way too exceeding for a College student with no job. If I knew I could afford it monthly on a long term basis, I'd go back to Plat in a heartbeat.

..And of course, the idea of starting over all together there without any of my old items makes me more hesitant to play Plat.

The Ponzzz
05-23-2008, 08:22 PM
I agree. It is hard to compare and we have people in Platinum worse than Prime, no doubt.

Hips
05-23-2008, 09:40 PM
When are they going to implement transferring plat points to prime? I want my 1600 plat points. :(

KrolvinScout
05-23-2008, 09:45 PM
When are they going to implement transferring plat points to prime? I want my 1600 plat points. :(

Never. They already said they wouldn't relegate in any sort of Premie/Plat point Transfer last I was there...But Mario can likely correct me if I'm wrong

The Ponzzz
05-23-2008, 09:49 PM
He;s not wrong, there isn't any plans on doing PLAT to PREM transfers, we had a PREM to PLAT transfer once last fall which was great.

Hips
05-24-2008, 12:15 AM
But they SHOULD. :(

That Jay
05-24-2008, 08:38 PM
I agree. It is hard to compare and we have people in Platinum worse than Prime, no doubt.

::waves madly and points to himself::

The Ponzzz
05-24-2008, 08:40 PM
Haha, no, not you Jay. Not you at all.

That Jay
05-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Don't mind me. Just giving in to my inner attention whore! :)

Me
05-27-2008, 03:58 PM
You been keeping too low need to stir up more.

Zanti

That Jay
05-27-2008, 11:38 PM
Zanti

Miss you madly Peg.

Zanagodly
05-28-2008, 09:27 AM
Hey Zanti

Me
05-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Hi guys! I miss you too Jay! I saw someone in wow run by with the name Hubris I was like I wonder if its him. Heheh Once in a while I get wistful and think I should go play again and then it goes away. Maybe someday.

Zanti

Ashlander
05-28-2008, 04:37 PM
Meh don't you know AoC is where it's at now! hehe

Nilandia
05-28-2008, 04:50 PM
I'll echo Jay. Been missing you, Peg!

Gretchen

Me
05-29-2008, 03:11 PM
Meh don't you know AoC is where it's at now! hehe

My ranger in AOC is 43 hehehe