PDA

View Full Version : Jig boots

Shimeria
05-21-2008, 05:10 PM
I'm looking for the boots that when you tap them it makes you jump up and do a lil jig.

(The action looks like this: suddenly begins a foot stomping, whirling, dancing jig!)

I don't care what the boots look like, so if anyone has a pair they want to sell, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Shim

Belnia
05-22-2008, 10:49 AM
These?

>tap boots
You begin to tap your foot on the ground in a steady rhythm. Next, your head commences to bob up and down to the beat of your pounding feet. Tossing your head back, you suddenly lose abandon and begin a foot stomping, whirling, dancing jig! Taking a deep breath, you look quickly around wondering if anyone noticed your impromptu performance.

They've also got this neat one:
>flip boots
Feeling energetic, you suddenly grab hold of the heel of your boots. With practiced ease you exhibit amazing grace and agility, as you launch your body effortlessly into the air and complete an amazingly flawless somersault! Bravo!

Shimeria
05-22-2008, 09:53 PM
They might be, I sent you a PM with some questions.

Thanks!

Crazy Bard
05-22-2008, 09:56 PM
I used to have those on my bard. Pretty cool stuff

Soulpieced
05-22-2008, 10:00 PM
I owned them at one point too.... 11 years ago.

Shimeria
05-23-2008, 03:05 PM
If anyone finds a pair they want to sell I'm willing to pay you for your trouble.

Thanks

Methais
05-23-2008, 03:22 PM
Jig boots

Racist.

Kitsun
05-23-2008, 03:45 PM
>kick wor
You kick up your heels and do a little jig! It's a bit awkward in the heavy workboots, but you manage anyway.

>stom wor
The heels of your mithglin-plated workboots strike the ground powerfully as you stomp around. That feels great!

Is this it?

Shimeria
05-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Does it make you jump up and do a jig when you tap them?

Kitsun
05-23-2008, 03:57 PM
Sorry, guess it ain't.

>tap work
You knock your mithglin-plated workboots against each other in turn and manage to dislodge some of the mud and dust clinging to your heels. That's good.

Shimeria
05-23-2008, 04:00 PM
Hi Kitsun

I don't think they are the same boots. This is what happens when I use those commands with the pair I have:

>kick boot
Now THAT would be a trick!

>stom boot
It would really need to be on the ground first.

If you find the boots that you tap for the jig action let me know. Thanks for checking!

Drunken Durfin
05-23-2008, 08:04 PM
These shouldn't really be that hard to find. They were an off the shelf item at the last Anfelt.

>rub my boot
Humming softly, you pull out a rag and begin to vigorously remove all traces of dirt from your boots. Twisting your ankle around slowly to admire your handiwork, you nod your head in approval.
>tap my boot
You begin to tap your foot on the ground in a steady rhythm. Next, your head commences to bob up and down to the beat of your pounding feet. Tossing your head back, you suddenly lose abandon and begin a foot stomping, whirling, dancing jig! Taking a deep breath, you look quickly around wondering if anyone noticed your impromptu performance.

I am not posting to tease you, only to say that I am sure that a pair will turn up. They are not THAT rare.

>look my boot
These sturdy combat boots are armored with invar plates and appear to have seen more than their fair share of battle. The heel of each boot is inlaid with silver letters, one reading "Drunken" and the other "Durfin."

Itachi
05-23-2008, 08:38 PM
WELL TARRRRRRNATION!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/Sasuke916/Jiggle_billy.jpg

m444w
05-23-2008, 10:14 PM
The jig boots are much different from the Anfelt stompers, and originated from one of the Grand Auctions I do believe (but I'm too lazy to look it up, and it looks like Belnia has them anyway). To my knowledge they're unique and about the only mechanical advantage to them is you can use them to stand up with any amount of silvers in your pocket (moot point if you're in voln)

Shimeria
05-24-2008, 12:08 AM
Thanks for the details, hopefully it will help!
The reason I posted after Belnias' post was because he is not selling his jig boots since they are being worn by his main.
If the boots are from off the shelf at the last Anfelt, and someone has a spare I'd love to buy them.

Does anyone remember what they looked like unaltered?

Winter's Kiss
05-24-2008, 01:56 AM
Slight correction here.. I've seen a couple people with boots that "jig" and stand them up with any amount of coin in them. So.. I'm sure there's more than a few sets out there. Pretty sure they were sold off the shelf.

-V

Shimeria
05-24-2008, 02:28 AM
Slight correction here.. I've seen a couple people with boots that "jig" and stand them up with any amount of coin in them. So.. I'm sure there's more than a few sets out there. Pretty sure they were sold off the shelf.

-V

That is good news, all I can do is hope someone finds a pair.
Do you remember what they looked like off the shelf?

Winter's Kiss
05-24-2008, 02:32 AM
Sadly I don't, I had the ones that knocked dirt off, but asking Malkave might be a good idea since he had a pair last time I checked.

Sthrockmorton
05-24-2008, 10:43 AM
The jig boots are much different from the Anfelt stompers, and originated from one of the Grand Auctions I do believe (but I'm too lazy to look it up, and it looks like Belnia has them anyway). To my knowledge they're unique and about the only mechanical advantage to them is you can use them to stand up with any amount of silvers in your pocket (moot point if you're in voln)

Not quite. The pair that Belnia has, my dad (Cavyr) actually had made. They were an off the shelf item, altered, and unlocked by the merchant. I can't remember which one though (Sorry Belnia).

They also have push/pull scripts that have to deal with dancing.

Belnia
05-25-2008, 01:02 AM
All totally wrong! The pair I have was bought at the most recent Anfelt and had scripts added there (by Charenda). She took about a 40 person crowd, made a list, and then tracked people down.

She offered two sets of scripts and most people opted for the dancing/flip set. There should be more out there. I actually have a pair of shoes with neater scripts that I'm debating switching to, but I never knew about the auto-stand on these. Hrmmm.

Shimeria
05-27-2008, 08:08 PM
I actually have a pair of shoes with neater scripts that I'm debating switching to, but I never knew about the auto-stand on these. Hrmmm.

If you decide to switch to the shoes with neater scripts and want to sell the boots let me know....