PDA

View Full Version : How do I freeze my accts?

TheEschaton
05-21-2008, 10:27 AM
I went to the cancellation page, will that freeze my accts, or delete them? I just want to freeze all three of mine until I have the energy to sell everything off on them.

-TheE-

Trouble
05-21-2008, 10:30 AM
I went to the cancellation page, will that freeze my accts, or delete them? I just want to freeze all three of mine until I have the energy to sell everything off on them.

-TheE-

If you cancel your subscription it will freeze your accounts once the current billing cycle ends. It doesn't delete anything, or isn't supposed to anyway. I didn't notice anything lost when I reactivated recently.

Deathravin
05-21-2008, 10:32 AM
I always just call and make sure I tell them I don't want the characters deleted. But to cancel my account.

This last time told them to make it impossible to reactivate the account without calling. I know I want to play if I'm willing to get off my ass and dial a number.

I've canceled my account >10 times I'd say and I've never lost anything.

Itachi
05-21-2008, 10:33 AM
cancelling will just freeze, you should be fine. It's a pretty neat feature being able to come back at anytime and its all saved server-side. Unlike those fucks at square enix. When i was playing ffxi i quit for a few months, they sent an email to me saying blah blah limited time come back so i did, but i had to buy a whole new game + expansion set because your old one becomes invalid, and even after that I reactivated the account and they wouldnt bring back my old character, so basically i got f'd in the a.

longshot
05-21-2008, 10:46 AM
I'm sure someone here knows more about it than I do, but I'd just give them a call to make sure.

Sean of the Thread
05-21-2008, 11:04 AM
Just call rather than use the dumb form. They're actually pretty friendly and Know nothing really about GS.

I'm pretty sure I've had months pro rated before on a freeze or unfreeze.

But at any rate just call.

TheEschaton
05-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Done. Got that monkey off my back, for now.

Back
05-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Never had a problem re-activating old accounts. They still had all my chars from ’96 when I reactivated last time. That was a trip down memory lane.