PDA

View Full Version : Veep?

Clove
05-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Analysis: Could Clinton land the VP nomination?Story Highlights
Carl Bernstein writes that Clinton's campaign wants to step down without "surrender"
By Carl Bernstein
CNN Contributor

(CNN) -- Friends and close associates of both Sens. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton are now convinced that, assuming she loses the race for the presidential nomination, she is probably going to fight to be the vice presidential nominee on an Obama-for-president ticket.

Carl Bernstein writes that Hillary Clinton's campaign recognizes that it faces an uphill battle.

Clinton "is trying to figure out how to land the plane without looking like surrender," a prominent figure in the Obama camp said Friday. This means, in all likelihood, bringing her campaign to a close in the next few weeks and trying to leverage her way onto an Obama ticket from a position of maximum strength, said several knowledgeable sources.

A person close to her, with whom her campaign staff has counseled at various points, said this week, "I think the following will happen: Obama will be in a position where the party declares him the nominee by the first week in June. She'll still be fighting with everybody -- the Rules Committee, the party leaders -- and arguing, 'I'm winning these key states; I've got almost half the delegates. I have a whole constituency he hasn't reached. I've got real differences on approach to how we win this election, and I'm going to press the hell out of this guy. ... Relief for the middle class, universal health care, etc.; I'm Ms. Blue Collar, and I'm going to press my fight, because he can't win without my being on the ticket.' "

Another major Democratic Party figure, who supports her for president, agreed: "It's not going to be a quiet exit. ... Obama has got a terrible situation. He marches to a different drummer. He won't want to take her on the ticket. But he might have to, even though the idea of Vice President Hillary with Bill in the background at the White House is not something -- especially after what [the Clintons] have thrown at him that he relishes. I believe she'll go for it."

However, several important Democrats aligned with Obama predicted that he -- and Michelle Obama -- will vigorously resist any Clinton effort to get on the ticket. Rather, Obama is more likely to try to convince Clinton to either stay in the Senate or accept another position in an Obama administration, should he win the presidency.

Several Clinton associates say there is still a ray of hope among some in her campaign: that a "catastrophic" revelation about Obama might make it possible for her to win the presidential nomination. But barring that, Hillary and Bill Clinton recognize that her candidacy is being abandoned and rejected by superdelegates whom she once expected to win over and that, even if she were to win the popular vote in combined primary states, she will almost certainly be denied the nomination.

In theory, the landing of Campaign Clinton by the end of the primaries -- in early June at the latest, without the prospect of a convention struggle -- would be good news from Obama's point of view and even from the perspective of close Clinton friends and associates who revere their candidate and worry about the legacy of Hillary and Bill Clinton.

However, from the perspective of both campaign camps, there is serious concern about the kind of landing she's aiming for and the precarious task of bringing her plane down, especially if she decides to seek the vice presidential nomination. There could be a number of different landings:

• Smooth and skillful, doing the Obama candidacy no further damage and perhaps restoring to relative health the legacy of and regard for Bill and Hillary Clinton in the Democratic Party.

• Explosive, setting down after the enemy has been carpet-bombed (an "October surprise in May"), something the Obama campaign believes may be less and less likely to come from his Democratic opponent because of the dangers to the party and the Clintons' reputation. Yet the Clinton campaign's search for damaging information and its hope that such information exists continues, according to knowledgeable sources. Strategist Harold Ickes, her premier tactical counselor, warned on the eve of the North Carolina and Indiana that Obama could be vulnerable to an "October surprise" by the McCain campaign.

• Missing the runway and destroying the Democratic village, as even her advocates outside her immediate campaign apparat fear could happen if the Clinton campaign continues to pursue a harshly negative course.

• Just bumpy and scary enough to shake the Obama campaign one last time and get her into the hangar as the vice presidential nominee on the Democratic ticket. Increasingly, this is what people in Obama's corner and those who know her well are becoming convinced she will try to do. Part of this assumption is based on her determination to roll up the biggest numbers possible in West Virginia and Kentucky, and Bill Clinton's argument that she may still win a majority of popular votes in non-caucus states.

Meanwhile, some of the Clintons' longtime friends and political counselors are intent on trying to talk her down calmly -- something almost like a family intervention -- to get her to concede the Democratic presidential race when the appropriate time comes, in such a way as to heal some of the wounds to the party and to both candidates but allow her to make her best case for the vice presidency.

Almost no one I have spoken to who knows her well doubts that, as she reconciles to the likelihood that her presidential campaign will fall short, she will probably seek the vice presidential spot. One reason: Contrary to common belief, she doesn't look forward to going back to the Senate, they say. Many Democratic senators believe that she would not have an easy time winning an election for majority leader; the tenor and tactics of her presidential campaign have alienated some of her Democratic colleagues in the Senate.

Far more than as one of 100 senators, she could accomplish much of her lifelong social and political agenda as vice president and, if Obama is not elected, could make a better argument that she should be the party's next nominee for president.

One other factor now plays a bigger role in the vice presidential question than on the night of her defeat in North Carolina and her narrow win in the Indiana primary: her unequivocal assertion the following day that she has more support among white working-class voters than Obama has.

In an interview with USA Today, she cited an Associated Press report that, she said, "found how Sen. Obama's support among working, hard-working Americans, white Americans, is weakening again, and how whites in both states who had not completed college were supporting me."

It is difficult to overstate the negative effect this remark has had on superdelegates, party leaders and her Democratic colleagues in both houses of Congress. "That's not a way to land the plane," one of her key supporters said. "If you were a superdelegate, you'd say, 'We have to shut this down right away.' "

But others worried that her words were calculated, that by venturing into such risky, rhetorical territory about race, she might put Obama under increased pressure to take her on the ticket before more damage and loss of support from her working-class base is felt.

Former San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown, an old Clinton friend, said Friday that she had made a major mistake in suggesting "that hardworking Americans are white people."

"This statement has got to be dealt with by Hillary Clinton, and Hillary Clinton alone," he said on MSNBC's "Hardball."

"The sooner she does that," he said, "the sooner her ship is going to start sailing in a better direction."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/10/bernstein.clinton/index.html#cnnSTCText?iref=werecommend

NocturnalRob
05-12-2008, 03:18 PM
god in heaven, if there were ever an easier way for obama to ensure he would lose the election...

Clove
05-12-2008, 03:23 PM
At this point it's about the only thing that will win him the election.

Keller
05-12-2008, 03:25 PM

I thought the election was in November . . . .

CrystalTears
05-12-2008, 03:26 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/Jemah/funnies/1166293700503.jpg

Clove
05-12-2008, 03:28 PM
I thought the election was in November . . . .Yup and at this point he's already lost it. But I know longer have to worry about you showing up at the wrong time to vote.

Keller
05-12-2008, 03:29 PM
Yup and at this point he's already lost it.

And here I thought the candidates might campaign, debate, campaign a little more, malign the character of one another through 527s, maybe another debate, and some final campaigning.

Shit, I didn't know that May polls decided the November election. Where should I send that 500k silver?

Clove
05-12-2008, 03:30 PM
And here I thought the candidates might campaign, debate, campaign a little more, malign the character of one another through 527s, maybe another debate, and some final campaigning.

Shit, I didn't know that May polls decided the November election.Well you also thought tax deductions are built into price so... there you go :P

Keller
05-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Well you also thought tax deductions are built into price so... there you go :P

So you're saying I'm right on both accounts?

CrystalTears
05-12-2008, 03:32 PM
BZZZZZTT! Try again.

Clove
05-12-2008, 03:35 PM
Obama can campaign all he wants, but he's going to need a miracle to beat McCain on his own at this point.

Tax deductions are never built into market prices. You don't take your cost and increase the price because some people may take a deduction against their taxes for it. It just doesn't happen.

Gan
05-12-2008, 03:36 PM
lol

I dont see Michelle Obama going for Hillary as VP either. One queen on the hill is about all there's room for... ;)

Nothing would galvanize the GOP more than the thought of keeping another Clinton out of the white house.

I know people who would vote for Satan himself in lieu of voting for a ticket with Hillary on it. Oh wait, Satan would be ON THAT TICKET... I get it!

:fish:

Keller
05-12-2008, 03:37 PM
BZZZZZTT! Try again.

I know that I am right regarding home ownership subsidies increasing the fair market value of a home -- so I must be wrong about the election being held in November.

I blame public schools.

Keller
05-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Tax deductions are never built into market prices. You don't take your cost and increase the price because some people may take a deduction against their taxes for it. It just doesn't happen.

I trust economists working with data over CPAs opining on their lunch break.

:yes:

Gan
05-12-2008, 03:40 PM
I know that I am right regarding home ownership subsidies increasing the fair market value of a home -- so I must be wrong about the election being held in November.

I blame public schools.

Actually, I disagree with the tax subsidie idea of increasing fair market values of homes as well. As was pointed out in the thread where it was first discussed (http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=32169). ;)

Gan
05-12-2008, 03:41 PM
But then again, I'm not even an accountant, much less opining.

NocturnalRob
05-12-2008, 03:43 PM

hahahaha

Daniel
05-12-2008, 03:44 PM

Rofl.

Clove
05-12-2008, 03:46 PM

:yes:Well, bring them.

Keller
05-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Well, bring them.

See:

Goodman, John L, Jr. and John B. Ittner. (1992) The accuracy of home owners’ estimates of house value. Journal of Housing Economics 2(4): 339-357.

Poterba, James. (1984) Tax subsidies to owner-occupied housing: an asset-market approach. Quarterly Journal of Economics 99(4): 729-752.

Voith, Richard. (1999) Does the federal tax treatment of housing affect the pattern of metropolitan development? Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia Business Review: 3-16.

Glaeser, Edward L. and Jesse M. Shapiro. (2002) The benefits of the home mortgage interest deduction. National Bureau of Economic Research Working Paper 9284.

Sean of the Thread
05-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Hillary as VP would be a serious set back if I were to cross party lines this November.

Still a lot of time left to figure this shit out. One good thing that's coming out of what appears to be one of the most important/significant elections of all time is it has garnered the highest amount of new voter registrations in recorded history.

Trying to stay positive here.

Mabus
05-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Obama would do better grabbing a Wesley Clark or Bill Richardson. His lack of foreign policy experience is a matter of concern (just as McCain needs an economist, and should go with Romney imo).

Clark could be a good pick, as he fits the "outsider that might change things" image, and has military experience.

Clove
05-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Obama would do better grabbing a Wesley Clark or Bill Richardson. His lack of foreign policy experience is a matter of concern (just as McCain needs an economist, and should go with Romney imo).

Clark could be a good pick, as he fits the "outsider that might change things" image, and has military experience.But Hillary has so much foreign policy experience!

Gan
05-12-2008, 04:28 PM
As much as I'd like to believe that I would vote for Obama if McCain seriously stepped on his crank (figuratively) this summer... Having Hillary on the Obama ticket would preclude any possibility of my voting for Obama ever happening.

Ever.

In a million years.

Keller
05-12-2008, 04:29 PM

Clark could be a good pick, as he fits the "outsider that might change things" image, and has military experience.

I agree.

Putting Romney on the ticket would push McCain into the "unbeatable in May" category.

Mabus
05-12-2008, 04:34 PM
But Hillary has so much foreign policy experience!
Dodging all that sniper fire, eh?

Sean of the Thread
05-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Fully agree with Keller and Gan's last posts.

Gan
05-12-2008, 04:44 PM
http://cagle.com/news/HillaryUnderFire/images/stantis.jpg
http://forthardknox.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/hillary-tank-registered.jpg

http://www.lifeontheright.com/images/hillary_sniper_fire.jpg

http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/bok/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/080408boklores-thumbnail.jpg

BigWorm
05-12-2008, 04:46 PM

I like Richardson. Even if he doesn't get the pick for VP, I think that if Obama wins the presidency, Richardson will get a cabinet post.

landy
05-12-2008, 04:55 PM
I feel the need to point out that the same people scoffing at the idea of Obama defeating McCain in the election come November are the ones who swore he would never be able to overcome Hillary's lead before the primaries. You know absolutely nothing aside from a few tidbits and opinions stated by the same so called experts who were wrong before.

Sorry, but you will have to wait until November to see who can and can not win in this election.

Keller
05-12-2008, 04:59 PM
I feel the need to point out that the same people scoffing at the idea of Obama defeating McCain in the election come November are the ones who swore he would never be able to overcome Hillary's lead before the primaries. You know absolutely nothing aside from a few tidbits and opinions stated by the same so called experts who were wrong before.

Sorry, but you will have to wait until November to see who can and can not win in this election.

You made the same mistake I made. The election is actually occuring now w/ the votes being tallied by Gallup.com. Hope they call you!

CrystalTears
05-12-2008, 05:00 PM
I'm rather hopeful for Obama. I'm looking forward to the debates with McCain to see who I end up voting for.

Hillary as the VP will seriously hinder the possibility of me voting for him though.

Parkbandit
05-12-2008, 05:06 PM
I think it's a little early to say who is going to win the election in November. On one hand, I don't think this country can afford an Obama presidency.. but I also don't think it can afford a McCain one either.

If Clinton is on the ticket, I think it would help the Dems get back together in the same bed.. but it would really pump up the Republicans that might otherwise stay at home that night.

I'm almost willing to vote for Obama.. weather the impending 4 year storm.. and hope it helps bring about a real conservative to the fore front by 2012.

At least Obama is a good speaker.. if nothing else.

Back
05-12-2008, 05:09 PM

For serious.

Obama has out raised and out campaigned everyone. He is polling on average 4% higher than McCain right now. Things will change of course and VP picks are going to influence that along with debates and everything else, but many people on both sides never thought he would get this far. He’s doing everything right so expect him to hit the grand slam when he chooses a running mate.

I can’t believe how weak the republican line-up was this election cycle. They haven’t been doing well since '06.

Back
05-12-2008, 05:18 PM
PS. A good opinion piece about Obama’s potential running mates.

Obama Vice President Picks: Who Are The Frontrunners?

With the Democratic nomination now in its endgame, it's time to speculate on that question that makes politicos weak at the knees: who will be tapped to be vice president? Unlike the top job, there is no election here, and it's the first big choice that we get to see the candidate make about his cabinet.

So, who will Obama pick? Will he favor someone with experience like Joe Biden? A Western governor like Janet Napolitano? Or will he satisfy the media's desire for a dream team and try for the Obama/Clinton ticket?

We've identified 10 possible VP choices for Obama, as well as the general criteria that might guide his decision. Think we're missing someone? Let us know in the comments section. And be sure to register your favorite on HuffPost's Vice President poll.

WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A VEEP

Location, location, location: A VP who is popular at home can help land a win in a tossup state. It's one reason why someone like Sherrod Brown (OH) could be a good pick. Of course, location isn't everything; Cheney, after all, is from Wyoming.

Strong anti-war record: It's not a requirement that someone be against the war to run on an Obama ticket, but they will have to have a good track record explaining why they changed their mind. Otherwise, expect all those comments about Hillary Clinton to come up, as well as one word: "opportunist."

Post-partisan record: If you're running to overcome the divided state of politics, you probably won't inspire confidence by picking Sen. Russ Feingold as your running mate. Sen. Jim Webb (a former Republican) or Gov. Schweitzer (picked a Republican as his Lieutenant General) are good examples.

Complementing record: On the one hand, a VP can balance a candidate's weaknesses. On the other hand, they can magnify those shortcomings. Richardson and Biden, for example, have long resumes that let them go toe-to-toe with McCain, but it could remind voters of Obama's inexperience.

THE TOP TIER

Jim Webb
Webb is the closest thing to a frontrunner for Obama's VP these days. A former Republican, he served as Secretary of the Navy for Ronald Reagan. Webb defeated George "Macaca" Allen to become a junior senator in Virginia.

Pro: Webb is a good foil for Obama's post-partisan message, and he's got the military credentials to match up with John McCain. He's good at playing the attack dog, which will let Obama take the high road. And he's from trending-blue Virginia, which would be a great pickup in November for Democrats. He's also pro-guns.

Con: Webb can be a little out-of-control as attack dogs go.

---

Hillary Clinton
This ticket is either a dream or a nightmare. Some see it as the only way to reunite the Democrats in time for November. Other see it as the fastest way to destroy the Obama brand.

Pro: Strong appeal with working class voters and women.

Con: See Iraq War vote, 3AM phone call, Bill Clinton in South Carolina, and the month of March.

---

Bill Richardson
You know him, you love him; he's the New Mexico governor with a heart of gold, a kickin' mustache, and -- thanks to James Carville -- a new nickname.

Pro: You've heard them all before. A foreign policy resume a mile long, executive experience, and a lock with Hispanic voters. And he picked Obama, despite his Clinton ties.

Con: Did you watch any of the debates?

---

Joe Biden
He is Mr. Foreign Policy. He also claims the best line of the primary season thus far. Too bad no one told Iowans he was running for President.

Pro: He trumps any foreign policy claims that McCain brings to the table. He can hit McCain hard.

Con: He tends to hit everyone hard. And he's a Washington figure, which could hurt a campaign running against Washington.

---

Brian Schwietzer
Never heard of him? You should. Schweitzer has been Montana's governor since 2005, and is currently one of the most popular governors in the country.

Pro: In addition to his executive experience, Schweitzer has spent a good amount of time around the world (including the Middle East) in his former life as an irrigation developer. His popularity and his pro-gun stance could help Obama in the Mountain West area. He also refused PAC and special interest money during his 2004 campaign. He's also criticized the economic consequences of the Iraq War, an approach that Obama has recently adopted.

Con: Despite his travels, he has no official foreign policy experience. He also doesn't bring in any delegates from his own state (though that could be offset if he helps in places like North Dakota, Wyoming and Colorado).

WORTH WATCHING

Janet Napolitano
Another popular Western governor, Napolitano has settled into a second term in McCain's very red home state. She also backed Obama early in the race.

Pros: She has proven her executive capacity in Republican territory, as well as the Southwest, which will help sway Obamicans. A female candidate could also help reunite the Democrats.

Con: Her stance on immigration could prove costly among Hispanic voters.

---

Sherrod Brown
Brown is a favorite among progressives for his economic populism and outspoken criticism of the war.

Pro: Could help deliver an important swing state.

Con: Doesn't really satisfy the idea of a unity ticket.

---

Chuck Hagel
A Republican senator who has fought with Bush tooth and nail over the Iraq war, Hagel is one of three Republicans who voted with the Democrats over a withdrawal plan. He also has served on the Banking, Foreign Relations and Intelligence Committees. Hagel has also said he's considering endorsing Sen. Obama.

Pro: Broad Senate experience. A living embodiment of Obama's commitment to work with like-minded Republicans. Also is a veteran with experience in Reagan's administration

Con: He is still a Republican (especially on abortion and health care), which would not sit well with a lot of Democrats.

---

Wesley Clark
Rhodes Scholar turned four-star general and once-presidential candidate. A star resource for Democrats on military affairs.

Pro: John McCain would have to salute him. And he has Southern appeal.

Con: Backed Clinton early and has been a very active surrogate. Not always the best politician on a national stage.

---

Kathleen Sebelius
Talk about reaching across the aisle. This Kansas governor convinced a Republican to leave his party, become a Democrat, and run as her lieutenant governor. Kansas is rife with stories of Republicans undergoing conversions, and Sebelius gets a good amount of credit for this.

Pro: Another Red-state governor with an excellent post-partisan record. Having a female VP could be a strong ticket.

Con: Sebelius didn't wow anyone with her response to the State of the Union, which raises questions about how she would do on the national stage. And her location in Kansas doesn't add much that Obama doesn't already get from Illinois.

---

Tom Daschle
The former South Dakota senator, Daschle has been a strong supporter of Obama's campaign; he's a national co-chair and is rumored to play a big part in the campaign strategy.

Pro: Can bring in votes from his home state.

Con: Weak campaigner: he lost his Senate seat while he was the sitting Majority Leader.

HONORABLE MENTION

Mike Bloomberg
Sure, most voters have never heard of him. And sure, he's never been a national player. But the current mayor of New York has been a darling of the media, as they spent months seeing if he would get into the Presidential race. Coupled with some private conversations with Obama that caused a tizzy in the fall, a Bloomberg candidacy could cause some media attention that would rival that of even John McCain.

Pros: Excellent economic record. Interested in policy minutiae. Post-partisan (former Republican switched to Independent). Media darling.

Cons: Unheard of outside his home state. It's tough not to seem like an elitist when the world 'billionaire' applies to you.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/09/obama-vice-president-pick_n_100869.html

Mabus
05-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Thank you for posting that.

I see that they also listed Clark and Richardson, and as I previously posted those would be my first choices, in that order, if I was Obama.

I disagree with the Sherrod Brown choice, and feel that if he wanted to try for Ohio then Gov. Strickland would be a better choice. Brown would solidify the left, but Obama already has a lock on the left.

Strickland would bring executive experience (and a solid political base and team in Ohio) as governor, 2 terms in the US House of Representitives, is a former professor and he is an ordained Methodist minister. That could bring both a religious and more centrist tone to the VP slot.

Clove
05-12-2008, 09:13 PM

Sorry, but you will have to wait until November to see who can and can not win in this election.Uh, no. I've been saying Hillary would go down for months. Bite me.

Clove
05-12-2008, 09:16 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/09/obama-vice-president-pick_n_100869.html

FFS start your own thread next time.

landy
05-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Uh, no. I've been saying Hillary would go down for months. Bite me.

Wow, months, huh? You must be one of those intuitive souls who can tell people it's raining by the feel of fucking water on their faces.

Back
05-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Thank you for posting that.

I see that they also listed Clark and Richardson, and as I previously posted those would be my first choices, in that order, if I was Obama.

I disagree with the Sherrod Brown choice, and feel that if he wanted to try for Ohio then Gov. Strickland would be a better choice. Brown would solidify the left, but Obama already has a lock on the left.

Strickland would bring executive experience (and a solid political base and team in Ohio) as governor, 2 terms in the US House of Representitives, is a former professor and he is an ordained Methodist minister. That could bring both a religious and more centrist tone to the VP slot.

I was all for Biden. That would be one hell of a team... but, Biden can be a strong SoD. Hagel would be another choice of mine but not all that realistic.

I suspect an October surprise.

Clove
05-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Wow, months, huh? You must be one of those intuitive souls who can tell people it's raining by the feel of fucking water on their faces.Yeah fuck you, earlier than any of the rest of you.

Back
05-12-2008, 09:42 PM
FFS start your own thread next time.

FFS = For Fuck Sake

Don’t start threads on a free message board if you don’t want everyone’s opinion?

Clove
05-12-2008, 09:43 PM
FFS = For Fuck Sake

Don’t start threads on a free message board if you don’t want everyone’s opinion?FFS I didn't want your wall of text. It was about the possibility of Hillary as running mate, focus or STFU.

landy
05-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Yeah fuck you, earlier than any of the rest of you.

And I wasn't specifically saying that you, Clove, were unable to predict the present situation correctly. Rather, it was an indictment of the network political "guru" type who have been making incorrect predictions for quite a while now.

Clove
05-12-2008, 09:45 PM
And I wasn't specifically saying that you, Clove, were unable to predict the present situation correctly. Rather, it was an indictment of the network political "guru" type who have been making incorrect predictions for quite a while now.Well yeah, you can't keep them tuning in if you tell everyone what's going to happen right off.

Back
05-12-2008, 09:49 PM
FFS I didn't want your wall of text. It was about the possibility of Hillary as running mate, focus or STFU.

Do you have any clue on how message boards work?

Put me on ignore and you would not be so agitated.

Clove
05-12-2008, 09:51 PM

Put me on ignore and you would not be so agitated.No Back, why don't you teach us all?

Back
05-12-2008, 09:57 PM
No Back, why don't you teach us all?

It works llke this. Click on User CP. Then, Miscellaneous> Buddy / Ignore Lists. When you get there type “Back” into the second field down. Click ”ok” and you will be happy.

Gan
05-12-2008, 10:09 PM
It works llke this. Click on User CP. Then, Miscellaneous> Buddy / Ignore Lists. When you get there type “Back” into the second field down. Click ”ok” and you will be happy.

Funny, I thought your method was.

1. Click on Register.
2. Create alternate user name.
3. Confirm password/email address/confirm.
4. Attempt to post as a new user.
5. Get called out.
6. Goto 1

Back
05-12-2008, 10:19 PM
Funny, I thought your method was.

1. Click on Register.
2. Create alternate user name.
3. Confirm password/email address/confirm.
4. Attempt to post as a new user.
5. Get called out.
6. Goto 1

I’ve already admitted my mistakes in trying what you have described. Now I am Back.

You’ll never own up to your own ass-hattery in pointing fingers at everyone and being completely wrong about it.

If you don’t like me posting here I recommend my initial instructions.

Ignot
05-12-2008, 10:24 PM
i used to not read these political threads, in fact, i hated them but then i realized that the people who post here are the biggest haters and their hatred just spews out into their posts. It makes for awesome comedy and good reading.

Sorry for the off topic, let the hatred proceed please!

Back
05-12-2008, 10:37 PM
i used to not read these political threads, in fact, i hated them but then i realized that the people who post here are the biggest haters and their hatred just spews out into their posts. It makes for awesome comedy and good reading.

No hate here. Just analysis.

Politics should not be about hate. Voting should be about who you like.

Keller
05-13-2008, 12:47 AM

Put me on ignore and you would not be so agitated.

To quote Tabor:

" . . . "

Keller
05-13-2008, 12:50 AM
I’ve already admitted my mistakes in trying what you have described. Now I am Back.

You’ll never own up to your own ass-hattery in pointing fingers at everyone and being completely wrong about it.

What kind of a vague, unsupportable, toddler accusation is that? Gan is one of the, if not the, most fair and impartial posters on this forum. If you think he's got it out for you -- maybe you need to reread my last sentence and think of a logical conclusion.

Daniel
05-13-2008, 12:59 AM
To quote Tabor:

" . . . "

Let's not forget what PB thinks about those who ignore people.

OMG NOOOOO! U BLOCKED ME!!!!!! HOW WILL I EVER LIVE WITH MYSELF!!!!111

But you blocking me makes me happy.. it's like a badge of honor. I bothered you SO much, that instead of crying and realizing you are one really, pathetic little nerd.. you blocked me. I can see you now.. rocking in your little computer chair.. saying "My mom likes me.. I like me.."

Keller
05-13-2008, 01:16 AM
Lol -- did he actually say that?

Gan
05-13-2008, 07:52 AM
Are you like on the 12 step PC Asshatery Program? Where admitting your problem is the first step to recovery? WTFEver. Quit being a hypocrite and calling others out on behavior you've mastered and demonstrated for a long time now.

hahahaha. Still buthurt about being outed. Alas I cant take all the credit for that - there were others who picked up on your 'other' identities way before I did. :lol:

Actually, I like you posting here. The entertainment value is off the chain when you do (post in the politics folder at least).

Gan
05-13-2008, 07:53 AM

+1

ClydeR
05-13-2008, 02:28 PM
It looks like (http://www.usnews.com/blogs/capital-commerce/2008/5/12/source-huckabee-tops-mccains-veep-list.html) McCain is strongly considering picking Huckabee as his veep, just as I've been saying he should.

Mike Huckabee, the former governor of Arkansas and defeated contender for the GOP presidential nomination, is currently at the top of John McCain's short list for a running mate. At least that's the word from a top McCain fundraiser and longtime Republican moneyman who has spoken to McCain's inner circle. The fundraiser is less than thrilled with the idea of Huckabee as the vice presidential nominee, and many economic conservatives—turned off by the populist tone of Huckabee's campaign and his tax record as governor—are likely to share that marked lack of enthusiasm. But here is the logic of picking Huckabee:

1) He is a great campaigner and communicator who could both shore up support in the South among social conservatives (Huckabee is a former Baptist minister) and appeal to working-class voters in the critical "Big 10" states of Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Ohio.

2) As any pollster knows, voters search for candidates who "care about people like me," and Huckabee would probably score a lot higher on that quality than millionaire investor Mitt Romney. Plus, given all the turmoil on Wall Street, 2008 would seem to be a bad year to pick a former investment banker for veep.

3) Economic conservatives and supply-siders may balk, but the threat of four years of Obamanomics and higher investment, income, and corporate taxes might be enough to keep them on board.

Let me add that a top Republican political strategist told me about a month ago that he also believed Huckabee to be the leading veep contender.