PDA

View Full Version : CoL Spirit Point

bgoodsoil
05-12-2008, 01:53 PM
I guess this can be a more general Spirit Point Question but I usually run into it when using CoL signs.

So, at what point will I take a hit in AS/DS after a loss of Spirit Points? I've got 7 SP right now, and if I hit 5 my AS goes down.

Krakii says: "Possessing fewer spirit points than 20% of your maximum will result in a lowered AS and DS" I read that to say that if you have 10 points and you go down to less than 2 you lose AS, but that's obviously not the case. Is it the other way around? If I had 10 SP total would I not lose AS until I went down to below 8? What if I had 9 total?

Maerit
05-12-2008, 04:48 PM
So long as you have 80% or more of your max spirit you should not see a reduction in --AS--.

7 * .80 = 5.60 (rounds up to 6).
8 * .80 = 6.40 (rounds down to 6).
9 * .80 = 7.20 (rounds down to 7).
10 * .80 = 8.00... ect ect.

This demonstrates the minimum spirit you can have prior to any impact on your AS. As you can see, the difference between 7 and 8 spirit is that you can expend an additional spirit point before it will cause the reduction.

From my experience, I have not seen any reduction to DS actually, only AS (bolt and physical). Perhaps it has a moderate effect on DS, but my sorcerer never noticed the impact of Spirit reduction on DS (and spirit seems to have zero impact on CS). However, it messed up my warrior's AS all the time when using signs at a lower level, but still never seemed to really impact DS.

To take the most effect from CoL you should probably have at least 8 spirit, and even then you'll need level 30 or so before your spirit regen is sufficient to sustain Swords and Shields without taxing your spirit reserves (thats unless you can get a couple good enhancives to fix your regen).

bgoodsoil
05-13-2008, 11:56 AM
gotcha, thanks