PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about returning..

tangman
05-09-2008, 01:37 PM
I'm surprised to find a handful of people actively playing this game.. like 10 years after I left. I must've been about 12 years old playing this lol.

I'm feeling a bit nostalgic and thinking about giving this game another run, but I wanted to know what you guys have to say.

How crowded is it? I used to log on with 2000+ other players. Is it relatively mature or are there still 12 year olds playing?

What class would you recommend? I had a sorcerer up to 27 but it got boring using the same spell 99% of the time. Is there any shortage of a particular class?

I have a fantasy of roleplaying a sexy female character. It's more exciting to me, being a guy. There should be no issues, yeah?

Any other up-to-date websites you'd recommend me take a look at?

And lastly, if I do decide to return, where can I find a group of cool people to hang out with? I'm not great at roleplaying and I can't type in funny accents, but I do my best to have fun.

Ok, thanks! Maybe I'll see you guys around soon.

NocturnalRob
05-09-2008, 01:40 PM
How crowded is it? I used to log on with 2000+ other players.

:rofl:

Asha
05-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Playing a sexy female is the shit.

Don't be a sorcerer.

2000+ players has turned into more like 200

Nilandia.com should sort out any questions, I think.

Want cool peeps to hang with? Go to Rivers Rest or Solhaven.

Raffles
05-09-2008, 02:59 PM
http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

lots on there :welcome:

Allereli
05-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Don't be a sorcerer.

why not?

Durgrimst
05-09-2008, 03:03 PM
Roll up a monk!!

Some Rogue
05-09-2008, 03:04 PM
why not?

They r teh gheyness.

Allereli
05-09-2008, 03:20 PM
They r teh gheyness.

must be too dumb to play one

Gan
05-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Why not reactivate your account with your previous character. Play a while using the new skills/attributes and see if you still like being a sorcerer. Then roll up some other professions and experiment.

CrystalTears
05-09-2008, 03:51 PM
It's called a sense of humor. You should get one. They're nice.

Some Rogue
05-09-2008, 03:53 PM

it r joke, that's y I used teh tardspeek.

And fuck you very much.

lern2joke.

Allereli
05-09-2008, 03:53 PM

says CT...

Allereli
05-09-2008, 03:55 PM
And fuck you very much.

no thanks

CrystalTears
05-09-2008, 03:55 PM
says CT...
Meaning what?

Maybe you should go watch Bad Boys or something. :tongue:

Allereli
05-09-2008, 04:10 PM
Maybe you should go watch Bad Boys or something. :tongue:

Maybe you should go masturbate to Alan Rickman :)

CrystalTears
05-09-2008, 04:11 PM
Maybe you should go masturbate to Alan Rickman :)
At least TRY to insult me, not tell me to do something I already do!

MotleyCrew
05-09-2008, 04:11 PM
Fresh Meat! Muahahaha! :devilsmile:

Theres anywhere from 250 - say, oh 600-700 on, 1000 maybe if theres a good festival (although a lot of those are MAers)

I'd have to go with the don't bother being a sorc camp mentioned here...just my opinion. I just happen to like the more physical ways of fighting myself.

If you haven't played in that long, you have a lot of catching up to do. Five new races, a new profession, with another due out this year (yeah, I'll believe it when I see it), adventurer guild, artisan guilds...and the list goes on.

Don't bother with RR or Solhaven in the evenings, unless you like being ignored by their cliques.

Playing the opposite sex characters can be way fun, but a female sexy...careful, or you'll end up here on the Whore thread... :yes:

The webpages mentioned are good, and you can find a lot on the actual game homepages.

Welcome Back! (hopefully)

Some Rogue
05-09-2008, 04:12 PM

Sorry, I didn't realize you were a real life sorcerer. Please don't planar shift to my house, give me the evil eye and then animate my corpse.

Stanley Burrell
05-09-2008, 04:13 PM
I'm surprised to find a handful of people actively playing this game.. like 10 years after I left. I must've been about 12 years old playing this lol.

I'm feeling a bit nostalgic and thinking about giving this game another run, but I wanted to know what you guys have to say.

How crowded is it? I used to log on with 2000+ other players. Is it relatively mature or are there still 12 year olds playing?

What class would you recommend? I had a sorcerer up to 27 but it got boring using the same spell 99% of the time. Is there any shortage of a particular class?

I have a fantasy of roleplaying a sexy female character. It's more exciting to me, being a guy. There should be no issues, yeah?

Any other up-to-date websites you'd recommend me take a look at?

And lastly, if I do decide to return, where can I find a group of cool people to hang out with? I'm not great at roleplaying and I can't type in funny accents, but I do my best to have fun.

Ok, thanks! Maybe I'll see you guys around soon.

If you're training in a retardedly light OHB/OHE, or better a brawling weapon, I'll forge you some shit.

Allereli
05-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Sorry, I didn't realize you were a real life sorcerer. Please don't planar shift to my house, give me the evil eye and then animate my corpse.

I don't have the pattern, can't shift there. But what room # is it? I'll zoom there instead.

CrystalTears
05-09-2008, 04:18 PM
I don't have the pattern, can't shift there. But what room # is it? I'll zoom there instead.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/Jemah/funnies/missingthepoint.png

At least put it in italics or put the word SARCASM at the end so we know you're kidding and not actually this weird.

Allereli
05-09-2008, 04:22 PM
At least put it in italics or put the word SARCASM at the end so we know you're kidding and not actually this weird.

what i wrote was so ridiculous, how could you possibly think i'm serious? :rofl:

how am i supposed to know some rogue is kidding when he writes a two word response? where is the retard speak rulebook that I seem to be missing out on?

Renian
05-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Tangman, see if you actually reactivate your sorcerer, unless he has a retarded name. If he does, roll up a new one. Sorcerers are currently one of the best killing classes in the game, if not the best.

As for shortages...uh...bards? Paladins? Not sure on this one at all, I think most classes are in plentiful supply. And if there's many warriors, no one gives a damn, as the only worthwhile service they can provide is the "exact" amount of weighting a particular weapon (that they train in) has.

It's not as crowded anymore, but if you want to find a cool group of people to hang out with, first get PsiNet at http://psinet.dynalias.net/download.html. Tune into OOC, and you can meet the players of the characters through that rather effectively, provided you can get past some of the /b/ like comments. You'll also basically be updated of exceptionally poor RP and major douchebaggery from characters, so you'll know not to hang out with them. Ex: Meditrixrayah, Vif, Rocksand, any character Seany Digital plays, etc.

Some Rogue
05-09-2008, 04:24 PM
what i wrote was so ridiculous, how could you possibly think i'm serious? :rofl:

how am i supposed to know some rogue is kidding when he writes a two word response? where is the retard speak rulebook that I seem to be missing out on?

I pickpocketed it because I am a rogue in real life.

Also, most of my posts are just jokes.

Unless it's about PB. He really is a dirty old pervert.

CrystalTears
05-09-2008, 04:25 PM
It's not as crowded anymore, but if you want to find a cool group of people to hang out with, first get PsiNet at http://psinet.dynalias.net/download.html. Tune into OOC, and you can meet the players of the characters through that rather effectively, provided you can get past some of the /b/ like comments. You'll also basically be updated of exceptionally poor RP and major douchebaggery from characters, so you'll know not to hang out with them. Ex: Meditrixrayah, Vif, Rocksand, any character Seany Digital plays, etc.
No no no no no no no no no no no and no.

Download PsiNet for the utilities, but for God's sakes, do NOT tune into any chat channels. You'll regret it.

Allereli
05-09-2008, 04:28 PM
if you do tune into OOC, and it does have some uses, be sure to psinet ignore liberally, or have a screen scroll of a bunch of people chatting in all caps about some 18-year-old's tits.

Asha
05-09-2008, 04:32 PM
if you do tune into OOC, and it does have some uses, be sure to psinet ignore liberally, or have a screen scroll of a bunch of people chatting in all caps about some 18-year-old's tits.

What 18 yr old tits?
Where are these tits?

PM, AIM, E-mail. Whichever.

Thanks.

(also no, I have no idea how to play/use a sorcerer)

Allereli
05-09-2008, 04:44 PM
What 18 yr old tits?
Where are these tits?

PM, AIM, E-mail. Whichever.

Thanks.

(also no, I have no idea how to play/use a sorcerer)

Sorry, without "SARCASM" or some sort of emoticon or use of italics, you just come off as creepy.

Martaigne
05-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Did someone say "tits"?

CrystalTears
05-09-2008, 04:49 PM
What do you have against 18 year old boobies? They're purdy.