PDA

View Full Version : Atlas in PSINET

Kamkor
05-08-2008, 08:41 PM
How in Atlas do you create paths or map rooms?

I am noticed that Anwyn Castle is mapped, but Atlas and PsiNet doesent show a path from Anwyn Castle to TSC (1000).

I would just like to create the path because I go out there often and I am tired of using MTP.

Flessen
05-11-2008, 03:42 AM
Atlas mapper and atlas plotter

Sylvan Dreams
05-11-2008, 09:54 AM
So are there any instructions for it?

Silique
05-11-2008, 10:22 AM
First rule about Atlas mapper.....

100% Wool
05-11-2008, 10:22 AM
I created a bunch of rooms on one character and it seems the rooms aren't recognized by another character. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

Anyway, anyone know how to import the new rooms to another character?

Silique
05-11-2008, 10:29 AM
i've found that a core update (like the one yesterday) will wipe your room maps.

100% Wool
05-11-2008, 10:36 AM
The rooms I created on the first character work fine. It's my second character that doesn't recognize the new rooms.

Anferis
05-11-2008, 10:48 AM
Maybe psinet saves them in your profile file. They're somewhere in the directory I just can't remember where. The profile files just look like they're in XML format so all you'd have to do is find the custom rooms in your file, and copy them to the new one being SURE YOU ARE DOING IT IN EXACTLY THE SAME SPOT.

Now, if they're not stored in your first characters profile, it's likely in that giant atlas file(6mb of what I assume to be text) and I'm not going to bother digging through that.

I'd tell you a definite answer, but I don't have any created paths/rooms.

SolitareConfinement
05-11-2008, 11:14 AM
i don't care what anyone says. atlas is a pain in the ass. scripts ftw

100% Wool
05-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Found where my rooms are located

In the regular "Atlas" file in the "Atlas" folder.

What I don't get is that its not specific to character. So why isn't that file universal for all my characters?

edit: nevermind. fixed the problem. a regular login/logout fixed it. works fine now.

Kamkor
05-11-2008, 07:31 PM
I am noticing now that I have fixed the path, one of my changes is not sticking. The path itself is sticking, but one of the rooms on the path has it pointing to Elven Nations in Lysserian Hills. I fixed the pathing, but it dosent keep after a login logout.

weired.

Sylvan Dreams
05-11-2008, 07:41 PM
i don't care what anyone says. atlas is a pain in the ass. scripts ftw

...except there's no opt-out function without uninstalling Psinet completely.

100% Wool
05-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Anyone know what's up with ATLAS? It keeps deleting rooms that I've created/mapped out.

Random rooms too.

SolitareConfinement
05-24-2008, 03:57 PM
...except there's no opt-out function without uninstalling Psinet completely.

rofl sure there is....just don't ever type atlas and type something like...

.daistoguild
.guildtoguard
.guardtodais

etc etc etc

Izzy
05-24-2008, 05:10 PM
Anyone know what's up with ATLAS? It keeps deleting rooms that I've created/mapped out.

Random rooms too.

Are you sure it's actually deleting them? It's very possible that the rooms that are gone just haven't had both their night and day descriptions mapped, and you're looking at the unmapped version of it.

100% Wool
05-31-2008, 01:03 PM
o.O

I've never thought about that. Didn't know gemstone had day/night room descriptions. I was mapping the area towards blackmoor and blackmoor itself.

Thanks Izzy. I'll go check it out now

Renian
05-31-2008, 01:39 PM

.daistoguild
.guildtoguard
.guardtodais

etc etc etc

I can't even understand that logic when you can use Atlas from the command line with GOTO <roomnumber>. Especially with aliases. It makes it so you have

.daisfromanywhere
.guildfromanywhere
.guardfromanywhere

Sylvan Dreams
05-31-2008, 01:43 PM

.daistoguild
.guildtoguard
.guardtodais

etc etc etc

I meant that there's no option to have Psinet -withou- Atlas, so everytime Atlas updates, you either have to take the update (soak up hard drive space) or keep seeing that damn box pop up over and over.

CrystalTears
05-31-2008, 01:52 PM
What popup? I have Atlas and I don't have the atlas window popup until I recall it. If I know the room number of the location I'm going to, goto will get me there without the atlas up.

Zarli
05-31-2008, 04:31 PM
it's kind of nice sometimes, but mostly it's a pain.. you can't climb anything without starting it over or stuff like "go pile" stops it, unless I'm doing something wrong, I just started using it on occasion last week.. it's impressive for sure but not always useful and most of the places I want to hunt aren't mapped out it seems.

Sylvan Dreams
05-31-2008, 05:40 PM
What popup? I have Atlas and I don't have the atlas window popup until I recall it. If I know the room number of the location I'm going to, goto will get me there without the atlas up.

I meant the popup when there's a new core update. If you don't want Atlas, you have to either suffer having to repeatedly close the popup box announcing an update, or devote hard drive space to it.