PDA

View Full Version : Omens, what a waste of space.

Praefection
12-24-2003, 05:38 AM
I'm not a big fan of logging everything I do so I don't have anything to show but my sorceress Linsha had her first run in with him tonight. I try to RP her as being slightly insane (although it's just an act) by talking/snuggling/cuddling with a dead pet. I've worked out a whole story about the reasons and beliefs behind the damn thing and I pull it out whenever she's resting and I'm looking for interactions. So far I've had a lot of good and fun times with the pet and tonight was starting to be no exception.

Long story short, Omens comes in midway through the conversation I was having with several people in the town park and proceeds to threaten to curse my girl with fleas so she would drop the otter. I felt this was a drastic measure for something as asnine as role playing how I see fit. It's my opinion that I wasn't doing anything highly offensive and no one has complained about it. After proceeding to try and thump Linsha and failing he resorted to a group of people agreeing to curse and steal the animal when she dropped it. Talking about game mechanics (cast from neutral stance for fleas was said several times) and so forth it was finally dropped. My thanks to the people who stuck up for me. Then he mentioned I must be ragging or I wouldn't have such an attitude. Nice one there. So I whisper that I don't enjoy his OOC comments and I find them offensive. I end up being stunned and whispered to that I should "fuck off". Someone else who was part of the origional group who was talking/discussing Linsha's lack of sanity mentioned I should report Omen's to the constable and I did so, hence he was arrested.

I'm a bit pissed that I get this kind of treatment for trying to make my night interesting in a different way. Right now I'm venting a bit before bed and want to know if I'm the only one who finds this moron offensive. I can understand about casting at someone who did something first, but when in the hell is it OKAY just to harass someone for being a bit weird? Verbal spars are fine in my book, casting to show how strong and good you are makes me sick. Threatening to curse someone to drop a RP prop is even worse. Fuckers.

DCSL
12-24-2003, 08:34 AM
Yes, threatening people with spells to show what a big bad evil guy you are IS stupid, isn't it?

Anyway, sorry your night was a little ruined by that. It didn't seem provoked at all. Maybe HE was 'ragging', or he hadn't gotten laid recently, or whatever the male equivilant is.

Parkbandit
12-24-2003, 08:39 AM
Heh.. my rogue had his first interaction with him last night.. I'll post all the herbs, crystals and silvers he stole from him in the park.

So Falgrin cleans him out and Omens then asked if anyone wanted to go to Bonespear with him. Falgrin, being the everloving smart ass that he is said "Be'er make sure ya bring plenny o 'erbs, cause dem critters is downrigh nasty der"... hoping he would get the hint that his entire herb collection had been cleanly lifted out of his knapsack. No such luck.. he just said that nothing there could hurt him and walked away.

Damn. Was hoping for some sort of interaction. :sniff:

Parkbandit
12-24-2003, 05:15 PM
Here is the log.

Great Lord Omens just arrived.

[Town Square, Small Park]
A small, shaded park fills an old vacant lot behind a row of buildings, the bright lamplight from the square filtering through the passage to the north to illuminate the area with a soft glow. You also see the Neferio disk, a falcon, the Gelowyn disk, the Stanisloff disk, the Moerdith disk, the Mordsithpawns disk and a white mouse (sitting).
Also here: Great Lord Antheus, Great Lord Omens, Coffie, Jooniper, Blackscythe, Lord Admis, Lady Lillysierra, Eythan, Vasus (kneeling), Lord Ashraam (sitting), Kodiakc, Warlorious, Ayasashi, Lady Mysticwaters, Inucus (sitting), Osgiliath (sitting), Snugs, Kanarlistt (sitting), Vaegeta (prone), Gelowyn, Reijin (kneeling), Xoxanna, Kitalyi, Dienstov, Mordsithpawns, Lady Kenyadaa, Stanisloff, Moerdith (prone)
Obvious paths: north, south, west

Omens gestures at Coffie.
CS: +275 - TD: +88 + CvA: +12 + d100: +70 == +269
Warding failed!
Coffie is suddenly surrounded by a blood red haze.

You stare at Omens.

Coffie raises an eyebrow in Omens's direction.

Omens raises an eyebrow.

You say, "Der ain no need fer violence in my park now."

You reach into Omens's spidersilk knapsack and pull out a black crystal.

You reach into Omens's spidersilk knapsack and pull out some wolifrew lichen.

Omens squints at you.

You reach into Omens's spidersilk knapsack and pull out some woth flower.

You reach into Omens's spidersilk knapsack and pull out some basal moss.

Omens seems to be waiting for something.

You reach into Omens's spidersilk knapsack and pull out a black crystal.

Omens traces a sign that contorts in the air while he forcefully incants a dark invocation...
Omens gestures at Coffie.
CS: +275 - TD: +88 + CvA: +12 + d100: +28 == +227
Warding failed!
Coffie is suddenly surrounded by a blood red haze.

You reach into Omens's spidersilk knapsack and pull out some acantha leaf.

Omens rocks back on his heels.

You reach into Omens's spidersilk knapsack and pull out some ambrominas leaf.

You reach into Omens's spidersilk knapsack and pull out a white crystal.

Coffie calmly says, "That wasen't noce sweetie."

Coffie calmly says, "Er nice."

You reach into Omens's spidersilk knapsack and pull out some basal moss.

Omens gently bites Coffie.

You reach into Omens's spidersilk knapsack and pull out some ephlox moss.

You couldn't find anything worth taking. Maybe you should offer Omens a donation instead.

Omens roars!

Omens stamps his feet.

Omens says, "I'm so bored."

You ask, "Anyone got any ephlox moss?"

Omens says, "So who wants to go to Bonespear with me."

Omens raises an eyebrow.

Omens rocks back on his heels.

Omens gazes in wonder at his surroundings.

You say, "Ifn ya go ta Bonespear.. ya be'er bring plenny o 'erbs.. dey mean critters der."

You nod to Omens.

Omens asks, "Mean to who ?"

Omens says, "Aint nothin in Bonespear that can hurt me."

You say, "Mean ta folks dat 'unt der. Ain many empat's der."

Omens says, "Maybe you need hurbs."

Omens nods.

You ask, "So ya don need no 'erbs?"

Omens asks, "Fer what ?"

You say, "Hmm.."

You say, "No worries den."

Omens removes a plain iron chest from in his spidersilk knapsack.

Omens gestures at a plain iron chest.
You hear a soft click from the chest and it suddenly flies open.

Omens gathers the remaining coins from inside his iron chest.

Omens drops a plain iron chest.

You reach into Omens's pockets and pull out 85 silvers.

You reach into Omens's pockets and pull out 61 silvers.

You reach into Omens's pockets and pull out 180 silvers.

You reach into Omens's pockets and pull out 195 silvers.

You reach into Omens's pockets and pull out 177 silvers.

You couldn't find anything worth taking. Maybe you should offer Omens a donation instead.

You grab the iron chest and drag it south with you...

You say, "Needa clean up da park."

Volstock
12-24-2003, 05:24 PM
ROFL gooo Park....

Anebriated
12-24-2003, 05:32 PM
That is just hilarious.

Note to self: go to park with no coins or herbs...

Praefection
12-24-2003, 09:56 PM
You are my new found hero. Not many people piss me off that badly but for some reason he does Glad he was able to donate so well to your bank account.

Kitsun
12-24-2003, 10:03 PM
You've got to be a jackass to use curse to disarm an RP prop.

You should assist and report him for abusing the spell. You weren't in conflict with him and he had no reason to try to swipe an item.

Caiylania
12-26-2003, 09:20 AM
I read this thread after my first time meeting him. I have to say it suprises me. I went into TSC to ask if anyone would like to hunt Vereri with me and he and two others joined up with me. I was half way to the temple when I realized he was a Great Lord but they stayed with me anyway and had fun hunting. He and Kazami were very nice to me even though I didn't even know them.

I guess everyone has two sides to them.

Parkbandit
12-26-2003, 10:17 AM
Falgrin has had only the above interaction with him.. Didn't say he was good or bad... the total interaction was a mere 15 minutes and it was mostly Falgrin stealing from him.

I was actually hoping for more.. thus the reason Falgrin dropped the big 'hints'.. in hopes I would get a "Where the hell did all my herbs and crystals go to dammit!" type of response.

Caiylania
12-26-2003, 06:50 PM
How much have you gotten from me? :D