PDA

View Full Version : Mestys on Call Swarm(615)

Fallen
05-05-2008, 06:24 PM
>Can anyone explain to me why 606 gets no benefit from Blessing Lore and 615 gets no benefit from Summoning Lore? -DURGEN

As I was reading this, something about that statement regarding Call Swarm didn't sit quite right with me. Checking back on the spell, it looks like I never advertised the fact that Spiritual Lore, Summoning was incorporated into 615 3 years ago.

The bonus is +1 on a seed 5 scale based on SL:S ranks (+1 at 5 ranks, up to +16 at 200 ranks). The benefit will vary based on the type of attack that the swarm is performing (increased damage, increased penalties, increased roundtime, etc.).

-M.

Latrinsorm
05-05-2008, 06:27 PM
And this is why empirical research pwns all.

Fallen
05-05-2008, 06:48 PM
Now we just need this spell, Camo, and Spikethorn to appear on scrolls.

BigWorm
05-05-2008, 10:41 PM
Now we just need this spell, Camo, and Spikethorn to appear on scrolls.

I agree. Ranger and Paladin spells are the lists where lores coming into effect from scrolls have the most potential to be exploited. As a capped pure, there are many reasons to invest in lore training for in circle benefits. Thus, even though you pay a penalty factor in lore for the semi circle spells, those lists are typically balanced for the much smaller lore investments that semis can afford. Since you have already made the lore investment for your own spells, getting enhanced out of circle spells from scrolls is icing on the cake.

Fallen
05-05-2008, 11:06 PM
Yep. Anyone who trains in Blessings Lore and Summoning lore are up for some great benefits. Throw in some Religion, and you're really talking. Living Spell allows you to steal most of the spells you can't find on scrolls/magic items anyway. Some of us prefer not to blatantly MA to play with said spells, however.