View Full Version : T3 (spoilers?)

Xcalibur
07-06-2003, 11:57 PM
one word to describe the action: cars
one word to describe the film: disapointing

conclusion? 200 millions wasted

Bobmuhthol
07-07-2003, 12:03 AM
T3 was a damn good movie. I saw it the first day. T2 was amazing. T2 > T3 > T1.

Bobmuhthol
12-29-2003, 03:56 AM
Conclusion: You are dumb and now I have the DVD envy me kthxbye.

Ben
12-29-2003, 06:23 AM
T3 sucks. How could Arnold go from Conan to that mess.

StrayRogue
12-29-2003, 08:00 AM
T3 is poo. T1 and T2 are excellent movies, genre defining movies. T3 is a cash-in. Its the same story as T2, there is no fear that John will EVER be actually killed, the effects blow, and Arnie looks old. Disappointing.

Hulkein
12-29-2003, 10:48 AM
I thought T3 was a really good movie. Are you serious when you say there was no fear of John dying? That wasn't even the main point in this movie... It was obviously whether or not Judgment Day would happen, and the way they did it was awesome. Great movie.

StrayRogue
12-29-2003, 12:38 PM
What was the main point then? Its a total rehash of the second movie. The TX was a poor mans T-1000. It wasn't as atmospheric, wasn't as character driven, as action packed. The only thing it was was funny.

Meos
12-29-2003, 12:45 PM
T2 was awsome, there is no T3 to me.

StrayRogue
12-29-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Meos
T2 was awsome, there is no T3 to me.

I utterly, 100% agree.

Hulkein
12-29-2003, 02:02 PM
Well, I agree that T2 was the best with T1 close second and T3 as third, but I still thought it was good.

GSLeloo
12-29-2003, 02:04 PM
I saw that when it was in theatres... The only movie that was worse than it that I saw last summer was league of extraordinary gentlemen. T3 was awful and a waste of money.

The Cat In The Hat
12-29-2003, 02:13 PM
Oh god! I was dying to see League of extraordinary gentlemen, I got it for christmas.. Too bad you cant return DVD's after they've been opened. I wouldnt even buy that movie out of the discount bin.

T3 was nothing but a chance to cash in and a way to show some T&A with a pretty Terminator. Sad

Cat

GSLeloo
12-29-2003, 02:32 PM
Cat you should've said you wanted it! I would've warned you to run away screaming. Seriously, I can take a lot of bad movies, I even enjoy some... but THAT was so bad that I like died in the movie theatre. The only reason I stayed was because our town had a black out and that was the only thing to do.

The Cat In The Hat
12-29-2003, 04:47 PM
I cant believe Connery made that piece of shit, to be honest.

Now... Stuart looked pretty good, he was the ageless guy with the painting. I got Pirates to, so that makes up for it!

Cat

Latrinsorm
12-29-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by The Cat In The Hat
I cant believe Connery made that piece of shit, to be honest.

Now... Stuart looked pretty good, he was the ageless guy with the painting. I got Pirates to, so that makes up for it!

Cat

I strongly encourage you to read The Portrait of Dorian Grey, or whatever it's called, to get a few facts straight about that ageless guy (I really hope that's who you're talking about). I haven't the slightest idea how they portrayed him in the movie, but I am convinced it is atrocious.

Now, T3. The problem is this: T2 is the best movie ever. There is nowhere to go from there but down. I do like T3 better than T1 because the effects are approximately 10 billion times better. That guy who looks sorta like Benoit in the first one is my boy, but I just can't immerse myself with that claymation stuff. And T3 definitely has funny parts.

The movie isn't worthless, but it isn't of the caliber of the rest of the Terminator series either. I recommend seeing it if nothing else really good is available.

Xcalibur
12-29-2003, 05:13 PM
I think that most people hating t3 are the same that didn't loved star wars episode 1

Pointless movie that could had 2 times the story with 2 times less suckage

The Cat In The Hat
12-29-2003, 07:24 PM
I liked star wars episode 1 and 2 as stand alone movies, but they didnt live up to 4, 5 and 6, not like they had much of a chance to in the first place. But for stand alone movies 1 and 2 are pretty good.

If I can quit reading Anne rice, ill be glad to read that book about Dorian Grey. Im pretty addicted to the vampire chronicles and the witches at present. They didnt tell you much about any of the characters in LXG, I guess they assumed we would just, know. But all that was said really about Dorian was that his painting aged, and not him. When captain Nemo started driving that big boat down the canals of Venice... I pretty much gave up. I dont even know how it ends.

Cat

StrayRogue
12-29-2003, 08:46 PM
Speaking of Anne Rice please don't watch the movies based on her books ;) Trust me.

Xcalibur
12-29-2003, 09:04 PM
wasn't interview with a vampire based on her books? if so, it was a damn terrific movie

The Cat In The Hat
12-29-2003, 10:55 PM
Yes IWTV was, and its a damned good movie, as true to the book as 122 minutes will allow and what was changed was done well.

QOTD, on the other hand was a total piece of shit. But I knew that was going to happen when they announced they were changeing something as simple and noteable as his hair color. She only says its blond um.... 3000 times per book?

Anyway, I read nothing else while I was pregnant bringing my IWTV total to 63! Yeah... I read it like 10 times a year LOL.

Feast of all saints was pretty well done, it was a miniseries on HBO and has been released on DVD. it was slow, like the book, but its a good story all in all.

Now.... I wont start on the rest of the books we'll be here forever.

http://www.danyanddany.com/ has some great fanart for anyone interested! Thats where I got my avatar from as well!

Cat

Overlord
12-29-2003, 11:13 PM
There are lots of things wrong with this damn movie, i wrote a thesis on why the TX alone destroyed that movie......

Xcalibur
12-29-2003, 11:17 PM
tell it, overlord

Cat: I never go watch movies that were DESTROYED by critics, like dungeon and dragon, the queen of the damn, et cetera...

I presumed it was bad when that singer that died was in it, and got confirmed when it didn't even made the top 10

Overlord
12-30-2003, 05:18 AM
Naw i loved T3 merely because it was Live action.... as apposed to multiple Matrix scenes. I mean come on TX was superior to little mr T-101 in every damn way. There is no reason she couldn't have schooled his ass. I mean in T2 Arny got a thorough beating from Liquid Metal boy. Though the storyline was pretty much same deal as T2... stop the begining of the end. Could have been better, but i've seen worse, the Terminator series still kicks ass.

Latrinsorm
12-30-2003, 05:49 PM
There is no T-101. There is a T-800 (Arnold) and a T-1000 (Liquid metal Robert Patrick guy). Arnold-looking fellows are Model 101.

Pointlessly confusing, but then it is a movie with time travel.

Xcalibur
12-30-2003, 08:06 PM
A bad part of t3 is the fact they removed Hamilton à la "hey, we were too cheap to hire her to kill her, so let's all pretend she died between the 2 movies"

Totaly crap