PDA

View Full Version : Benson charged with boating while intoxicated, resisting arrest

RichardCranium
05-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Bears running back Cedric Benson, the fourth overall pick in the 2005 NFL draft, was charged with boating while intoxicated and resisting arrest Saturday night near Austin, Texas,

Both charges are misdemeanors.

Travis County Sheriff's Department spokesman Roger Wade says Benson was freed from jail on a $14,500 bond Sunday morning.

Benson, who starred at the University of Texas, failed a field sobriety test on his 30-foot boat. According to multiple media reports, there were 12-15 people on Benson's boat, but the running back was the only one arrested.

When police tried to get Benson to take the sobriety test on land, Benson resisted and refused to put on a life jacket, police said.

Last season, Benson played in only 11 games for the Bears due to injury and gained 674 yards for a career-low 3.4 yards per carry average. He did have a career-best 123 receiving yards in 2007.

Link here. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3380764)

Boating while intoxicated is only a misdemeanor? Really?

Ignot
05-04-2008, 12:35 PM
sounds like the cops were picking on him. did he really need to do another test on land? he did one on the freaking boat. and nobody else got arrested? he was out having fun drinking on his boat, big deal.

RichardCranium
05-04-2008, 12:46 PM
You do as many as they tell you to do. And I'll wager he was the only one arrested since he was the only one driving his boat?

Edited to add: To me it sounds as though they may have been giving him an out and he acted an ass. And I can't wait until I own a boat that I can take 15 of my friends out on.

Ignot
05-04-2008, 12:57 PM
i never did understand why these rich ball players cant hire someone to drive or boat them around.

RichardCranium
05-04-2008, 01:07 PM
For real. Cars too.

Apathy
05-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Do you know how canned you have to be to get charged with intox on a boat? He must have been completely gone.

Maybe he has an alcohol problem; that would explain why he sucks.

Sean
05-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Rough week for the NFL image with this and the Marvin Harrison shooting.

Stunseed
05-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Rough week for the NFL image with this and the Marvin Harrison shooting.

But his gun was found on his car wash, hidden! It could never be Marvin Harrison!

Stanley Burrell
05-05-2008, 12:21 AM
Boating while intoxicated is only a misdemeanor? Really?

If he busts out a wicked pirate impersonation and/or dons a shoulder parrot they automatically need to reduce sentencing. And you tell me how to make that shit funny as a self-respecting black man without downing a few brewskies and Old E's. As a buccaneer of African American heritage.

Bravo, I say. Them popo always trying to put a black eye in the seaworthy culture of the original man. And I'm not going to let them.

Avast. Man the inflatable raft and gather your Heinekens and NWA albums. We're going fishing on the white waters, brethren.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
05-05-2008, 12:26 AM
WTF did Marvin Harrison even do? Did he cap some punk ass biyatch?... or is this some kind of Jayson Williams nonsense where he'll just walk anyway?

Skeeter
05-05-2008, 09:25 AM
:( I thought this was going to be a thread about Robert Guillaume.