PDA

View Full Version : Bottomless quivers

Edaarin
12-23-2003, 02:06 PM
Anyone know how much one of these would run me?

Kitsun
12-23-2003, 02:07 PM
These things exist?!

Only bottomless arrows I knew of were from those elemental bows but those aren't exactly quivers.

Anebriated
12-23-2003, 02:11 PM
been around archery for a few years and never heard of a bottomless quiver. *IF* they are out there then id guess a couple mil, i dont see the need for one being as you can recover arrows now, i can see the practicality in the days when you had to get new arrows for every hunt though.

Halfsilver
12-23-2003, 02:12 PM
What's an elemental bow?

I'm new to archery.

Anebriated
12-23-2003, 02:23 PM
an elemental bow carries the property of a certain element, they are normally enchanted between +18 and +50, they have an endless supply of arrows, load automatically, flare on every shot....

There are 10-15 of them total if i remember correctly, unless they raffled more off at ebon's.

Ardwen
12-23-2003, 06:13 PM
There are 6 elemental bows and one elemental crossbow,. The endless quivers produced rather special arrows ranging from flaring enchanted arrows thru permablessed enchanted arrows and the best of all defender arrows

Tendarian
12-23-2003, 06:22 PM
How much would an endless quiver of the cheaper versions run you think Ardwen? Seems like it would be pretty expensive to me.

Drew2
12-23-2003, 06:25 PM
Archevald had a energy crossbow or whatever. It was pretty cool.

NOT THAT ANYONE CARES.

Anebriated
12-23-2003, 06:30 PM
There are many more elemental bows now Ardwen, there were 5 or 6 originally, then they raffled off about 10 at one of the recent merchant events. But im interested in these quivers, never heard of them until now. When were they sold?

Kitsun
12-23-2003, 06:36 PM
I was pretty sure a couple of elemental bows were released during the Revel of the Anfelt. Never cared for archery much until just recently as well but I've never heard of those quivers. I guess they're in the hands of the archery buffs and never sold them off.

Vesi
12-23-2003, 07:01 PM
I've had an archer since 1999 (yes it's been a long road). I knew about the elemental bows and I knew about the ones at Anfelt, but I've never heard of these quivers.

Not that I could afford one... but who has them and how much are they worth? I would just like to see one of them. A gal can dream right?

Vesi

Syberus
12-23-2003, 10:19 PM
I thought the original elemental bows relied on your spell aiming skill and not your ranged to use? Has this changed? Are there still bows around that use spell aiming instead of ranged?

Editted because i feel like i'm dying and that means bad grammar

[Edited on 12-24-2003 by Syberus]

Anebriated
12-23-2003, 10:36 PM
Dont feel too bad Vesi, I have been an archer since roughly the same time as you and i never heard of them either. From what i remember only 2 or 3 of the original elemental bows were ever accounted for after they were sold.

Trinitis
12-24-2003, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by Elrodin
There are many more elemental bows now Ardwen, there were 5 or 6 originally, then they raffled off about 10 at one of the recent merchant events. But im interested in these quivers, never heard of them until now. When were they sold?

They came from the last "GM Auction" thing. Me and a Friend share one of them ;) Though I don't use it often. The one we have is a belt worn quiver that produces unlimited crossbow bolts for a heavy crossbow.

The bolts flare every time they strike, and have NASTY ass flares. I actually managed to killed a GM with one bolt by mistake (he was GM invisible in the room outside north gate. I was in the archer tower during the invasion, and I fired out the window. It struk him, and flared, killing him instantly. Was rather amusing.)

The bolts the quiver produces do fire, ice, lightning, acid, and "explosion" flares. There is a blessed arrow with water flares as well. I used to stock pile the blunt tipped arrows (explosion) with my archer, as they do MASSIVE ammount of damage (their flares look pretty much exactly like claidhmore strikes).

When you pulled a bult from a quiver, you got one of the bolts randomly.

-Adredrin

[Edited on 12-24-2003 by LordAdredrin]

Edaarin
12-24-2003, 12:46 PM
I've been seeing a lot of rolaren tipped arrows around in EN, also saw small silver arrows when I went back to WL briefly. So, someone sell me one damn it.

fallenSaint
12-31-2003, 04:08 PM
I can only remember one quiver off the top of my head, it seemed to have an alter that changed on some set timeframe to a different sceenery. And you could draw countless arrows from it. I think the one time I saw it sell was for 10m back before the big Archery uprising that ruined my fun with the bows. Then again what do I know...

Stretch
07-06-2006, 05:59 PM
Random 2.5 year bump.

Looking for a bottomless quiver again.

bubbauno
07-06-2006, 10:03 PM
Speaker has one.. They normally go for 50-75m

Drew2
07-07-2006, 09:43 AM
I was reading this thread, thinking it was current, then I saw Halfsilver posting and I was like WHOOOOOAAAAA and had to check the date.

Needless to say, my heart sank for a minute there.

Snapp
07-07-2006, 10:08 AM
Me too Tayre. Heh, I was like "Wow, when did he crawl back?"

Gan
07-07-2006, 11:01 AM
Random 2.5 year bump.

Looking for a bottomless quiver again.

I thought you hated archery???

Gan
07-07-2006, 11:02 AM
And yes, I'd love to get my hands on a bottomless quiver for arrows. That would definately speed up my firing sequence and save me from having to keep stocked with ebladed arrows in my cloak.

Bobmuhthol
07-07-2006, 11:08 AM
<<I was reading this thread, thinking it was current, then I saw Halfsilver posting and I was like WHOOOOOAAAAA and had to check the date.

Needless to say, my heart sank for a minute there.>>

^

StrayRogue
07-07-2006, 12:39 PM
Speaker never sells.

AestheticDeath
07-07-2006, 06:34 PM
Who was Halfsilver?

Bobmuhthol
07-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Graysalin. If he even still exists.

MrMortimur
07-08-2006, 11:38 AM
Only can think of two off hand, one of them has been around for...I want to say at least 6 years, and the other one someone piped in claiming they owned it, the Torkington variety.

First one was something like rolaren +20/+3 defender arrows, haven't seen it surface in a long time. I think Vurkanaan's player owned it.

The torkington quiver is much cooler though, I so wanted to win that raffle. Shame the other nice quiver he raffled would eventually break or run out of arrows. Think it was something like 1000 arrows, but was guaranteed to flare every shot. Anyhow, I'm sure others know more, but good luck finding one.

Lochiven

Stretch
09-16-2007, 09:38 PM
It's been another year and change. Bump.

Seriously, I've been looking for one of these things for four freaking years now.

AestheticDeath
09-16-2007, 10:31 PM
Id like one too, but I doubt any of the owners would ever sell.

I think the GMs new to raffle off a few new ones so Tsin can win them and sell them to us.

complac3ncy
09-17-2007, 09:58 AM
Brielus is selling one that is on playerauctions right now. I asked him about it a while back and he couldn't give me much information other than it makes its own arrows when you crank it or something and that it does actually have "charges' and it doesn't last forever. I asked him if I could test it out for a bit if I let him hold some collateral or something and he didn't want to. Seemed like he didn't know shit about it and didn't want to sell. I was actually half tempted to buy it but it just didn't seem right to gamble 25m (what he has it for sale for) on a mystery quiver with "charges"

Kitsun
09-17-2007, 11:38 AM
Brielus is selling one that is on playerauctions right now. I asked him about it a while back and he couldn't give me much information other than it makes its own arrows when you crank it or something and that it does actually have "charges' and it doesn't last forever. I asked him if I could test it out for a bit if I let him hold some collateral or something and he didn't want to. Seemed like he didn't know shit about it and didn't want to sell. I was actually half tempted to buy it but it just didn't seem right to gamble 25m (what he has it for sale for) on a mystery quiver with "charges"

That sounds like a Torkington quiver and they were not bottomless quivers. They required arrows to be put inside and have a spell cast at them to give them a flare.

GuildRat
09-17-2007, 12:46 PM
It's been another year and change. Bump.

Seriously, I've been looking for one of these things for four freaking years now.

I thought you quit....sheesh.........AIM me you bastige!!

peam
09-17-2007, 04:33 PM
[Kalenghol] [Merchant]: "Takin offers on wizard dice of fate, an arrow makin quiver, and an alterd cane sword made to look like a fighting stick, and a viperblade."

Warriorbird
09-17-2007, 04:48 PM
Your best bet is tracking down Celtar's...or that...interesting.