PDA

View Full Version : finding nodes

Raffles
05-01-2008, 01:04 PM
A. how do i know if im on a node or not and B. is there an enchanting workshop in the Ta'Vaalor Wizards guild?

Some Rogue
05-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Yes, there's a workshop in that guild. It's a pain in the ass to get to if you're just trying to figure it out on your own. You have to have a disk and then you keep going up, riding the disk, all the way to the top. In that room up there is a puzzle to open a portal to the workshop. Been awhile since I did the puzzle but it's something like, touch the orb in the middle, go to the east point, INFUSE, go to the south point, INFUSE, repeat at the west and north...after that I forget, touch the orb again maybe?

Trouble
05-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Re: Nodes

Option 1: try to cast 418, if it's already noded it will say something like the essence is already focused.
Option 2: waste some mana and wait for a pulse.

CrystalTears
05-01-2008, 01:39 PM
What's SENSE for?

Trouble
05-01-2008, 01:51 PM
What's SENSE for?

Ah, I forgot about sense, I still do things the hard way. Is that the one where your eyes flicker blue or whatever?

Some Rogue
05-01-2008, 01:57 PM
What's SENSE for?

Different uses for different classes. I'm not sure it has a purpose for wizards anymore since it looks for mana pools...

Raffles
05-01-2008, 02:05 PM
Yes, there's a workshop in that guild. It's a pain in the ass to get to if you're just trying to figure it out on your own. You have to have a disk and then you keep going up, riding the disk, all the way to the top. In that room up there is a puzzle to open a portal to the workshop. Been awhile since I did the puzzle but it's something like, touch the orb in the middle, go to the east point, INFUSE, go to the south point, INFUSE, repeat at the west and north...after that I forget, touch the orb again maybe?

Thanks i had her hanging around in there and pondering on the puzzle but i wasn't convinced it was the workshop so thank you :)

CrystalTears
05-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Different uses for different classes. I'm not sure it has a purpose for wizards anymore since it looks for mana pools...

Ah, mana pools. Yeah I know each class is different, I just didn't know what it looked for as a wizard since I don't have one. You being the I-Play-All-Classes guy, figured you knew if it still worked.

Some Rogue
05-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Ah, mana pools. Yeah I know each class is different, I just didn't know what it looked for as a wizard since I don't have one. You being the I-Play-All-Classes guy, figured you knew if it still worked.

I don't have a paladin......

yet.

fallenSaint
05-01-2008, 02:38 PM
I don't have a paladin......

yet.

I was waiting for the screenshot of the character creation page for your paladin. ;)

Rimalon
05-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Er, yeah, for what it's worth, SENSE for Wizards still detects mana pools/workshops.

Bonuses to Enchanting and Charge Item as well as Scroll Infusion for Sorcerers.

Raffles
05-01-2008, 02:41 PM
okay i can anchor all the points using infuse and the door clicks shut

Moving deliberately, you walk towards the eastern point of the circle, weaving the strands of mana from the northern point of the circle, bonding with anchored strands over the eastern point of the circle. Brilliant motes of light race along the completed circle, reflecting brightly against the hard edges of the multi-faceted crystal. The twisting strands within the crystal accelerate their chaotic dance.
The faenor door slides shut with a barely audible click

>go cry
You stride confidently to the center of the circle, bounded now by twin bands of pulsing mana that you can sense, rather than see. The multi-faceted crystal gleams brightly before you, refracting the eldritch light.

then im stuck again, touch rub tap infuse crystal dont work...

Raffles
05-01-2008, 03:02 PM
did it!! woo bloody hoo!