PDA

View Full Version : New verb

Sweets
05-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Tripup (to distinguish it from the cm trip).

Lalalaala goes skipping by and bounces happily in place.

tripup lalaala

You casually stick you foot out in front of Lalaala causing them to fall flat on their face.

You can have it set so it will only work on people with their movement set on skip or if they just used the bounce verb.

Xaerve
05-01-2008, 11:46 AM
Retarded post of the day award.

Skeeter
05-01-2008, 12:01 PM
I like it

ViridianAsp
05-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Tripup (to distinguish it from the cm trip).

Lalalaala goes skipping by and bounces happily in place.

tripup lalaala

You casually stick you foot out in front of Lalaala causing them to fall flat on their face.

You can have it set so it will only work on people with their movement set on skip or if they just used the bounce verb.

It should also work on people who sashay...

I hate that.

Sweets
05-01-2008, 02:19 PM
Retarded post of the day award.

Awwwww. No sense of humor today or do you skip around in gemstone?:tumble:

CrystalTears
05-01-2008, 02:23 PM
As much I don't like people skipping, sashaying or flailing all over the place, I wouldn't want a verb that trips people.

Danical
05-01-2008, 02:31 PM
I motherfucking skip everywhere.

If you did that to me, you'd get a 1030 to the face or I'd just indefinitely lock you in RT until you slammed.

joehollywood
05-01-2008, 02:32 PM
everytime I see someone "sashay" through hunting grounds, I look up and pray for that damn monty python cow to come landing on their face

ViridianAsp
05-01-2008, 02:49 PM

Why? I mean I even have cutesy characters and they wouldn't skip everywhere.

Danical
05-01-2008, 02:58 PM

I like it.

There's already been a thread about it . . . here (http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=13983&highlight=skipping).

----------------
Now playing: Apoptygma Berzerk - Maze (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/apoptygma+berzerk/track/maze)
via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

Sweets
05-01-2008, 03:02 PM

If you did that to me, you'd get a 1030 to the face or I'd just indefinitely lock you in RT until you slammed.

Wow, a hostile skipper. I picture some ugly little guy skipping around with a knife in his hand snarling and drooling like a maniac.

Danical
05-01-2008, 03:08 PM
Wow, don't be a dick and ruin my fun by tripping me.

I actually don't really care to be honest. I took it off for a while because I couldn't get into homes with move set to skip.

This is what you'd see . . .

He is shorter than average and appears to be very young.
He has bright sapphire blue eyes and lily white skin.
He has long, tangled black hair streaked with grey.
He has an angular face, a button nose and dimpled cheeks.

Sweets
05-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Wow, don't be a dick and ruin my fun by tripping me.

I actually don't really care to be honest. I took it off for a while because I couldn't get into homes with move set to skip.

This is what you'd see . . .

He is shorter than average and appears to be very young.
He has bright sapphire blue eyes and lily white skin.
He has long, tangled black hair streaked with grey.
He has an angular face, a button nose and dimpled cheeks.

Eaaasssyyyy! I really doubt it would ever be implemented. Just having alittle fun. I don't like skippers. They tend to make me grind my teeth. They also tend to put "ies" on the end of everything they say. Also a pet peeve. To me this degrades roleplay but whatever floats your boat bud. Fly like a fricking faery spreading pixie love. I have every right to dream of picking off the wings.

CrystalTears
05-01-2008, 03:22 PM
Someone's walking style degrades your roleplay?

Sweets
05-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Someone's walking style degrades your roleplay?

I corrected it to say degrades roleplay and lost the my. Didn't make any sense, you're right. Degrades is even harsh. It's a pet peeve. I have yet to meet anyone that makes skipping an interesting roleplay achievement. It's mostly bouncy, okalies and giggling. Annoying.

thefarmer
05-01-2008, 03:39 PM
I corrected it to say degrades roleplay and lost the my. Didn't make any sense, you're right. Degrades is even harsh. It's a pet peeve. I have yet to meet anyone that makes skipping an interesting roleplay achievement. It's mostly bouncy, okalies and giggling. Annoying.

Pithy and Egyt make skipping an interesting roleplay achievement.

Methais
05-01-2008, 03:57 PM

It has nothing to be cutesy, and everything to do with enjoying the feeling of big black penis being inserted into his anus.

Fallen
05-01-2008, 04:00 PM
The STUMBLE verb used to be able to be used on others. You would stumble into them and you would both fall down. Until people started using this for PvP, that is, then they removed the feature.

Danical
05-01-2008, 04:01 PM
oodalolly, oodalolly, golly what a dong!!!

But really, he's right.

Latrinsorm
05-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Sweets is clearly right, guys, the only REAL roleplayers are those whose characters always use TONE DARK and scowl and wear dark black leather robes darkly embroidered with dark runes of darkness visible only in the darkest shadows.

ViridianAsp
05-01-2008, 04:53 PM
It has nothing to be cutesy, and everything to do with enjoying the feeling of big black penis being inserted into his anus.

Ah, well that clears things up...

Continue skipping.

radamanthys
05-01-2008, 05:51 PM
You would think that with the constant battling, grevious injury and dark abominations throughout GS, it would inspire some pretty insipid PTSD Now if they had a verb for dyskinesia...

Sweets
05-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Sweets is clearly right, guys, the only REAL roleplayers are those whose characters always use TONE DARK and scowl and wear dark black leather robes darkly embroidered with dark runes of darkness visible only in the darkest shadows.

Now if I said that, you might have a point rather than just talking out your ass.

Wow. I never thought finding skippers annoying would so completely make some people cry.

Sweets
05-01-2008, 06:01 PM

I look forward to seeing this then.

Latrinsorm
05-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Now if I said that, you might have a point rather than just talking out your ass.

Wow. I never thought finding skippers annoying would so completely make some people cry.You claimed a segment of the player population was "degrad[ing] roleplay", people didn't agree with you, you backpedaled and got pissy. Where did someone cry besides you?

Danical
05-01-2008, 08:16 PM
:yeahthat:

SayGoodbye
05-01-2008, 08:22 PM
I find people who skip, bounce, giggle, sashay etc. all the time annoying as well. I wouldn't trip them though.. cause then I'd have to.. touch them.

Sweets
05-01-2008, 09:09 PM
You claimed a segment of the player population was "degrad[ing] roleplay", people didn't agree with you, you backpedaled and got pissy. Where did someone cry besides you?

Yeah, I did back pedal a bit. Degrading was harsh and I was called on it. I'm not afraid to admit when I am wrong. I only get pissy when people get sarcastic and idiotic. I'm sorry I made you cry and now you hate me. I won't trip your skippy. I promise.

Sweets
05-01-2008, 09:12 PM
:yeahthat:

I won't trip you're skippy either. I'm sorry I think skipping is stupid. I hope I get to see you in all your skipping glory. If someone proves to me a skipper isn't all "okalies", I will eat a hat.

Snapp
05-01-2008, 09:41 PM

They really are awesome.

And also an exception. Most of those permanent movements are annoying.

Latrinsorm
05-01-2008, 10:04 PM
Yeah, I did back pedal a bit. Degrading was harsh and I was called on it. I'm not afraid to admit when I am wrong. I only get pissy when people get sarcastic and idiotic. I'm sorry I made you cry and now you hate me. I won't trip your skippy. I promise.I don't have any characters that do or would ever skip, but your apparent inability to see any disagreement as anything but an emotionally motivated personal attack probably blurs this part of the post out anyway. :(

Needless to say, people far more intelligent and witty than you have tried and failed to make me cry over the internets, so your quasi-apology is not necessary.

Sweets
05-01-2008, 10:25 PM
I don't have any characters that do or would ever skip, but your apparent inability to see any disagreement as anything but an emotionally motivated personal attack probably blurs this part of the post out anyway. :(

Needless to say, people far more intelligent and witty than you have tried and failed to make me cry over the internets, so your quasi-apology is not necessary.

I don't care if you disagree. Debate can be fun and enlightening. You made a sarcastic comment, not an observation. I am surprised you haven't started to call me names yet. Pleasantly surprised. Keep up the good work.

I will be looking out for the characters Pithy and Eygt. It would be nice to see someone work the skip who has a brain.

Stanley Burrell
05-01-2008, 11:06 PM
You would think that with the constant battling, grevious injury and dark abominations throughout GS, it would inspire some pretty insipid PTSD Now if they had a verb for dyskinesia...

That is fucking custom signature verb for a Warrior if I ever heard one.

ROLTONS IN THE TREES.