PDA

View Full Version : The "Guild"

Revalos
07-06-2003, 11:41 PM
I've just got to get this out of my system...call it a grudge that I can't let go.

So...Mahegh and TPTB decide that they want to take over the official rangers guild from the players that with Marysa, the previous liason's, help had tried to get people involved in and telling us that we were never representing it to boot.

Then he claims that he's going to do all this amazing stuff to get people involved in the guild, even stealing our idea of getting a guild symbol.

But suprise suprise: Nothing. No posts about the guild, no guild buildings in the EN, no talk of skills, shops, or anything at all.

So, the best part of all this is that most everyone else saw in the beginning that the guild was a gigantic waste of time. And I and some others end up red faced for attempting to bolster a slipshod implementation.

Anyway, I'm just here to vent my continued anger and gain some wry satisfaction that Mahegh isn't doing jack squat for the guild. Anyone else think we are getting a raw deal with the guild?

I mean...Sorcs have a guild function now and Alchemy will be part of it, Wizards have a function, Rogues and Warriors duh. How much trouble would it really be to:

A) Stop stripping sneaking

B) Put in a simple shop

C) Work with the players who were trying to improve the guild instead of telling them to buzz off

D) Open up a hall in the EN

E) Make some simple RP skill that can be learned (Different imbeddible looks, Companion tricks, etc...)

I'm sure there are more. I see nothing unbalancing up there, I just don't get why the guilds were dropped so hard after being half-implemented, like non combat AG skills (cobbling anyone).

Taernath
07-07-2003, 01:50 PM
The guild is a sore spot for me as well. Everything about it screams half-assed, from the spell stripping, to the lame 'lost in the woods' theme (how did that get implemented anyway, to this day I haven't seen one person who likes it) and the lack of anything really worthwhile about it. Well, there's a buffet table, and the guildmasters are named after famous OOG jazz musicians, so if that sounds appealing I guess the guild is perfect for you.

The rate at which the GM's respond to bugs or implement promised changes is really appalling. How hard is it to open a simple shop or design a symbol, anyway?

[Edited on 7/7/03 by Taernath]

Bobmuhthol
07-07-2003, 02:17 PM
Very hard. Very, very hard. If you people hate it so much, apply to be GMs and do it yourself.

Scott
07-07-2003, 02:20 PM
Everyone begged for guilds and they weren't ready for them. However they put them in just so everyone would have a guild. I wouldn't plan on getting anything especially with the work being put into GS4. My characters don't join the guilds (except warrior and rogue) it's pointless. Anyone can get into the wizard's guild shop.... It's just a big waste of resources now, and they should have waited until they were finished projects before putting them in the game in the first place.....

Bobmuhthol
07-07-2003, 02:39 PM
I still laugh when I see people buying enchanting potions from the alchemist. There was a level 60+ wizard that was buying rohnuru for 7500 each, I told him to go to the wizards' guild and he was shocked at the change in price.

Taernath
07-07-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
Very hard. Very, very hard. If you people hate it so much, apply to be GMs and do it yourself.

How do you figure? The wizard and cleric guilds both have had shops added (wizards also got the 'flick' cantrip), so it's clearly not as difficult to code or time consuming as you seem to think it is. The ranger guild has sat around unused since its grand opening, I don't think it's too much to ask that we have our issues addressed.

Bobmuhthol
07-07-2003, 02:56 PM
That post was mainly to be difficult. Sure, it wouldn't be hard to code something, but what's their motivation? They're already paying GMs to code GemStone IV, GemStone: The Fallen, a lot of unfinished projects, and every other thing. What makes the Ranger Guild more important than those? They go for what the majority of GemStone is going to use.

Revalos
08-06-2003, 01:21 AM
Aww see...that Mahegh/lockout thing made me come back to this thread again.

In regards to the "motivation" for this. I don't get that. There shouldn't need to be motiviation, its one of Mahegh's jobs to work on things for the Ranger Guild. Is he doing that? No.

Frankly, I think that Mahegh was given the job after Marysa got fed up with Dimigor. I bet no one wanted the ranger job. Pentar, Banthis, Sleken, etc. all left with bad tastes in their mouths about it. Ever since Banthis was gone its been a massive downward spiral of posting. Now all you see in the Ranger boards are people posting training plans or occasionally talking about Companion which thanks be to god is out of Mahegh's hands.

Here's my new question regarding this. Should I try to bring up the Ranger's Guild thing after GS4 with someone higher up? Not about the players running it thing, that's old news. I'm more interested in it becoming something closer to 3/4 complete instead of 1/5 like it is now. Who do you think I should e-mail? I'm thinking Sleken, Cyr, Uska, Mellisa, and probably Wolv if he is still alive.

Khaitiff
11-30-2003, 03:44 PM
Ok so someone share with me how to get into the guild in Icemule, I know there is the path outside the East Gate but whats the way through the maze?

Stunseed
11-30-2003, 09:47 PM
I, too, would like to know the Guild in Mule's whereabouts. My damnable puma won't eat food anymore, and I won't call her to my side if I cannot take care of her.

Love you Jolena!

Anebriated
11-30-2003, 10:05 PM
The path to get there is the ranger's guild password. Ask the guy at the start for a new one if you dont remember yours.

Halfsilver
11-30-2003, 10:17 PM
If you're wondering where the guild master at the head of the trail to the guild is, check tsoran's maps...they usually have the location on them. That's how I found 'haven's guild.

Khaitiff
11-30-2003, 10:54 PM
The Guild in Icemule is out the East Gate, one room East, you go down the path and ask the guy standing there for directions. Each ranger has their own path through the maze so no one else can tell you. I love the lodge for a guild its a great idea, now to just figure out if there is a node in there somewhere I could live there.

Edited to add. Anyone know if there is a shop in our guild in Mule?

[Edited on 12-1-2003 by Khaitiff]

Anebriated
11-30-2003, 11:01 PM
We have no shops anywhere that I know of. Unless they added one in GSIV.

Halfsilver
11-30-2003, 11:06 PM
They didn't and they won't

Guild work has been put on hold indefinitely with all the work needed on the GS4 release.

There's an announcement about it somewhere.

Khaitiff
11-30-2003, 11:20 PM
Ok any shops in the Guild in Mule noded? Like perhaps the main room with the fireplace?

Halfsilver
11-30-2003, 11:21 PM
None in the landing are noded, Khaitiff.

I'd imagine it's the same for Mule.

Elrodin?