PDA

View Full Version : Lich help!!!

lrb508
04-29-2008, 02:10 AM
Please help. I'm unable to open the launcher to GS now to run either program.

I decided finally to install Lich. I uninstalled psinet as the library article said there that Lich should be installed before psinet. So I uninstalled psinet, installed lich, did the "Install to registry thing", then installed psinet. I couldn't open the SGE. So I re-did the install to registry and it said that updates were made, etc., but I still couldn't log in. All I get is the psinet window but no game launches.

What am I doing wrong?

lrb508
04-29-2008, 02:33 AM
OK, so I uninstalled Lich and gave up on it with the hopes that GS and psinet would still work. Now I can't even log on to GS using my launcher WITHOUT Lich. I get this error:

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx (ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(String fileName, String arguments)
at SageDomain.SageApp.InitializeClient()
at SageDomain.Core.MainWindow.MainWindow_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

What do I do??

Some Rogue
04-29-2008, 09:03 AM
Are you using Vista?
Maybe do a system restore to before you installed Lich?

CrystalTears
04-29-2008, 09:07 AM
Which SGE are you using? I know that people are having a hard time with the newest one from Simu.

Some Rogue
04-29-2008, 09:25 AM
Which SGE are you using? I know that people are having a hard time with the newest one from Simu.

I only did when I was on Vista. Had to turn off their UAC shit.

Shaelun
04-29-2008, 04:53 PM
OK, so I uninstalled Lich and gave up on it with the hopes that GS and psinet would still work. Now I can't even log on to GS using my launcher WITHOUT Lich. I get this error:

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx (ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(String fileName, String arguments)
at SageDomain.SageApp.InitializeClient()
at SageDomain.Core.MainWindow.MainWindow_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

What do I do??

SageDomain is PsiNet2. Offhand it looks as though you're launching PsiNet2, which is in turn trying to launch -- I assume -- Lich. Which is no longer there (hence "system cannot find the file specified").

You can always -- as in, always -- get back your access to the game by reinstalling the Simutronics launcher. Not SGE, but the launcher.

By the way, Lich does nothing to (or with) SGE.