PDA

View Full Version : Fire (Boil?) resistant plate

dszabo
04-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Like the title says. I'm getting crushed by boils and fire out on Teras. Any help would be wonderful if you have some augmented breastplate or halfplate that's premanently fire resistance, I'd be interested.

Danical
04-27-2008, 10:02 PM
boils have both fire and impact crits, IIRC.

Ignot
04-27-2008, 10:30 PM
In the meantime, you could have a ranger give you some armor resistance. that helps a bit.

Stretch
04-27-2008, 10:31 PM
Rangers can't add resistance to plate

Ignot
04-27-2008, 10:38 PM
wouldnt a lessor armor with resistance work better against boils then plate without? maybe im wrong.

Danical
04-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Probably a square or paladin.

If you trade armor that can be rez'd then you'll have problems from physical damage.

Get ranger shimmers?

dszabo
04-27-2008, 11:54 PM
Thanks guys - it's also the fire elemental stuff though, whatever spell that is. I'll just rely on the shimmers for now, unless someone has some fire resistant plate they wanna sell. And yes, paladin it is. Thanks!

thefarmer
04-27-2008, 11:54 PM
When I used padded plate, I found the damage from boils to go down tremendously.

AestheticDeath
04-27-2008, 11:55 PM
Just find some of the fire resistant legguards to wear over your armor

Drunken Durfin
04-28-2008, 12:14 AM
I have a fire resistant hauberk from Anfelt, helped with fire mages quite a bit when I was hunting them.

dszabo
04-28-2008, 01:34 AM
Yeah, I'm currently in 5x hcp half plate, but it's the minors that are annoying me. I'm more concerned with the fire elemental attacks also, then the boils. Also I'm bringing my warrior over, so I'd be looking for some steam resistant plate too, for the lava flats. Thanks!

Danical
04-28-2008, 02:58 AM
Yeah, I'm currently in 5x hcp half plate, but it's the minors that are annoying me. I'm more concerned with the fire elemental attacks also, then the boils. Also I'm bringing my warrior over, so I'd be looking for some steam resistant plate too, for the lava flats. Thanks!

No matter how much rez or crit padding you have, you'll still be getting minors.

Just learn where to forage for ambro leaf and Cac spine and you'll be fine.

I don't know about the fire elemental attack; I always stayed away from them.

Izzy
04-28-2008, 08:29 AM
Just find some of the fire resistant legguards to wear over your armor

Or get some regular leather leg greaves, and get them ranger resisted.
In fact, get all accessories in leather, get them resisted.

Belnia
04-28-2008, 10:16 AM
Or get some regular leather leg greaves, and get them ranger resisted.
In fact, get all accessories in leather, get them resisted.

Won't work. Ranger-made accessories only work if you're wearing leather/scale armor. They won't stack over plate.

Stanley Burrell
04-28-2008, 10:44 AM
Depending on how long you intend to hunt Teras, dodging seriously helped me avoid that fuckery. I don't know what the mechanic is with dodging and boil, but going from .5 to 1.5x (in dodge) alongside trading in the tower shield for an offhand morning-star helped infinitely. I even went from hauberk to plate while doing this. Weirdness.

602, too, for when it getchas, seems to reduce some of the stun damage into 5s and 1-point minors as well.