PDA

View Full Version : Ambushing

GSIVPlayer
04-27-2008, 06:57 PM
I currently fixskilled to be a 2 handed ambushing rogue..

Strength (STR): 81 (25) ... 81 (25)
Constitution (CON): 61 (15) ... 38 (4)
Dexterity (DEX): 92 (21) ... 92 (21)
Agility (AGI): 96 (28) ... 96 (28)
Discipline (DIS): 67 (8) ... 67 (8)
Aura (AUR): 79 (14) ... 79 (14)
Logic (LOG): 76 (3) ... 76 (3)
Intuition (INT): 61 (5) ... 61 (5)
Wisdom (WIS): 63 (1) ... 63 (1)
Influence (INF): 60 (0) ... 60 (0)

what skills can i get that will reduce my RT to the lowest possible for a maul and claid and such? i have a great bonus for dext and agility as you can see and look to reduce it dramatically asap.. please reply !

GSIVPlayer
04-27-2008, 07:29 PM
also what is the lowest i can get the ambush times down to using THE weapons? like the claid and maul??

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
04-27-2008, 07:31 PM
You can get to 4 pain free ambushing from hiding with a quarterstaff. :)

I know all the player haters will pop in and go "ZOMG NOODLE" but to hells with em, amb kobold head FTW.

Latrinsorm
04-27-2008, 07:31 PM
Dexterity and agility bonuses are the only relevant stat things for RT. Every combined 15 bonus (rounded up) is -1 second, so you have 49/15 = -3 seconds. It looks like you have a half-Krolvin, which is probably not the best bet if you want high speed (plus they're dog-ugly).

No skills will have any impact whatsoever. You can get an enhancive to bump up your ceiling, but -5 is probably out of your reach for awhile.

Latrinsorm
04-27-2008, 07:32 PM
Every weapon base 5 or higher has a minimum ambush time of 6 seconds. A quarterstaff is base 5, so the minimum ambush time is 6 seconds.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
04-27-2008, 07:38 PM
...Uhh? Thought it simply relied on how fast you can swing it +1 for ambush? Mer.

GSIVPlayer
04-27-2008, 07:48 PM
so i cannot get another second off my RT intill i get more dext or agility bonus... ? so i gotta wait till i get +11 more bonus? yikes. and theres nothin i can train in to help out? i'll be ambushin at 8 for over 20 trains prolly?

Danical
04-27-2008, 07:55 PM
so i cannot get another second off my RT intill i get more dext or agility bonus... ? so i gotta wait till i get +11 more bonus? yikes. and theres nothin i can train in to help out? i'll be ambushin at 8 for over 20 trains prolly?

Dexterity and agility bonuses are the only relevant stat things for RT. Every combined 15 bonus (rounded up) is -1 second, so you have 49/15 = -3 seconds. It looks like you have a half-Krolvin, which is probably not the best bet if you want high speed (plus they're dog-ugly).

No skills will have any impact whatsoever. You can get an enhancive to bump up your ceiling, but -5 is probably out of your reach for awhile.

Lrn2read?

GSIVPlayer
04-27-2008, 08:41 PM
so eventually i will get it down? or will i not even hit the ceilling at -5 since i will never have 75 bonus combined?

Stretch
04-27-2008, 08:46 PM
5 swing, 6 ambush is the lowest you will get without Haste / Tonis running with any two hander.

GSIVPlayer
04-27-2008, 09:16 PM
so when will that happen for me? pre cap? lol

Danical
04-27-2008, 09:32 PM
so eventually i will get it down? or will i not even hit the ceilling at -5 since i will never have 75 bonus combined?

so when will that happen for me? pre cap? lol

JESUS TITTY FUCKING CHRIST.

GSIVPlayer
04-27-2008, 09:47 PM
erm wow.. i'm just asking a simple question, simple answer is all it takes. seeing how my stats are almost maxed already i wont get the -5 i dont think, i'm not soo familiar with everything. i can read that only they effect my ambush, but i'm curious if MY character will ever achieve the -5 seconds. excuse me dick.

Danical
04-27-2008, 09:52 PM
You've been given all the tools you need for the "simple answer" to your "simple question" three times now and you're still not sure.

Bobmuhthol
04-27-2008, 09:54 PM
You need 53 combined bonus to remove another second, which is possible. I don't know how the fuck you expected to ever have a 68 bonus (-5 seconds) ever.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
04-27-2008, 10:03 PM
+18 strength chastity belt, duh.

bgoodsoil
05-07-2008, 09:13 PM
http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Two_handed_weapons

here's the stats on the two handed weapons. see how there's two RTs? the base RT then the minimum RT. You can't go below the minimum RT without haste like that other guy said.

Let's take a claid. You start with a base of 8. +1 for ambushing. subtract 3 for your agidex bonus. You should be ambushing with the claid in 6 seconds. Since the minimum is 5 and +1 for ambushing you're already as fast as you're going to get. Am I forgetting anything?

Philosopher
05-08-2008, 12:08 AM
Is GSIVPlayer a new player? If so, maybe he doesn't know how to determine how quickly his stat bonuses will progress. Many of his questions here have been along the lines of, "So how long will this take? How many more levels? Will I achieve this before cap?" Telling him that he needs a certain combined AGI/DEX bonus will not answer those questions, at least not "simply" (he'll need to do research to find out when his bonus will add up to a certain number, at least). His responses are only entirely idiotic on certain assumptions about what he already knows, but maybe he doesn't know those things. I have no idea.

GSIVPlayer, to figure out your stat bonus progression, I'd recommend using Tsoran's spreadsheet. If you don't know where to get that, it's at http://www.tsoran.com/. Also, a table showing the maximum natural combined AGI/DEX bonus that any race will achieve is here: http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Roundtime. [EDIT: As the chart indicates, a half-krolvin will not get higher than a combined 55 bonus without enhancives.]

GSIVPlayer
05-08-2008, 12:40 AM
Heh thanks.. I'm fairly new to GS4.. quit bout 5 years ago and came back.. Never got too deeply involved with mechanics.. came out that when i fixskilled i was ambushing with 6 with a claid and 6 with my maul, only lasted 3 hrs then went to 7 and 8.. So i was really confused and upset cause having the 6 was reallly fucking cool. But i spoke with a GM and it was a bug in Fixskills that fixed itsself.. wish that didnt happen, but anyways, thanks for those links, been along long time. thanks again
=Sean

Anebriated
05-08-2008, 12:44 AM
=Sean

did anyone else just get flashbacks?

Latrinsorm
05-08-2008, 12:28 PM
Let's take a claid. You start with a base of 8. +1 for ambushing. subtract 3 for your agidex bonus. You should be ambushing with the claid in 6 seconds. Since the minimum is 5 and +1 for ambushing you're already as fast as you're going to get. Am I forgetting anything?Ambush is +3 to actual roundtime, +1 to minimum roundtime. Base 8 + 3 - 3 = 8.

bgoodsoil
05-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Ooooooooh....I get it..............doh!