PDA

View Full Version : High lvl does not = right

AnticorRifling
07-06-2003, 11:32 PM
I hate the fact that just because someone has high lvl's they feel it's their given right to tell me what I can and cannot do. But I do love the fact that they get extremely pissed when I tell them(tactfully which makes them even more enraged) to piss off.

Case in point; tonight Edaarin and I were carrying on a meanless conversation on the amulet just trying to stimulate and or illicit some sort of response from those in Tal'Illistim. What do I get? Some amulet nazi telling me to take it private. Now when you have zero traffic on the amulet you are not going to miss the need for a rescue because two people are talking, nothing we were discussing was of a private nature so it had no reason to be private. I then proceeded to have a 20+ minute argument with this old person trying to explain that's it's ok to be old and wrong. He/she reverted to the childish name calling once painted into a logical corner and I got the warm and fuzzy of victory. Ishalande you lost, sorry.

Edaarin if you happened to save any snippets of the argument feel free to post them I closed out and then realized in retrospect I should have copied them over(I don't auto-log doh!).

AnticorRifling
07-06-2003, 11:34 PM
Also if you're going to try and reign over the amulet try and present your argument in full sentances that make at least alittle bit of sense.

According to him/her I'm an egomanically person....

Could be worse I could be an ergonomically person :cool:

Drew2
07-06-2003, 11:52 PM
Old people don't intimidate me in the least. Refer to my post on MeanCleric for an example. You just gotta deal with the people that think because they have no life and can spend 60+ hours a week on a game that fills some void in their existance, they have the divine right to change the world around them to suit their wishes. Some people are like that in life too, sadly. Oh well. Us peasants will have to move along somehow.

Bobmuhthol
07-06-2003, 11:57 PM
I always take advantage of that argument, Tayre. If someone is harassing me and I tell them I don't want to hear it, they say, "You've been around forever and you're only 17 (18 now)!! You suck and should be a Great Lord!!" I politely tell them that they wasted their time constantly hunting in a game while I relaxed and took advantage of the fact that it is a game. Then they have to prove that they've done nothing to help their lives by playing GemStone by casting at me. That's grounds for a WARN HARASSMENT at least, no matter what you people say. Warning is not for cowards, I use it as a tool to stop people from thinking they're clever and original when they attack me.

Drew2
07-07-2003, 12:04 AM
Tayre should be older than most of the people that currently reside in Icemule. The fact that he's not, and has a big mouth, does lead to spells (and blades) being thrown his way often. I never resort to the WARN or REPORT commands though... what's the fun in that? I'd rather continue with my volley of insults and comebacks as if I never died...

Growing up, you're taught if you ignore someone long enough, they'll go away. Same works for death. If you let them know it doesn't bother you, they kinda just give up and move to Teras Isle (ie., Gracy!!). Well, she never killed me, but she realized that her WARNings and threats to have me thrown from the lands (empty as they were) just bounced right off my Armor of Morstanya-sized Wit.

People especially like it when, after they kill you, you proceed to tell them how extremely genius they are for being the first person to EVER kill another for saying something they didn't want to hear and how they should be crowned King of Icemule because of their superior wisdom and intellect.

Ok I'm very bored. I'll stop with this post though and find another thread to spread my unwanted opinions.

Xcalibur
07-07-2003, 12:04 AM
when i was 61, and someone pissed me off, i was right, everytime
when i was wrong was when the guy was 100+

ahh arguing? hmm, i can't argue, i'm french speaking!

Bobmuhthol
07-07-2003, 12:07 AM
I remember meeting Sallazarre when he was a kobold hunter in Mule. Then I saw him in the park and thought he was an ass. He didn't remember me, of course. I think he was close to level 30 at that point. If I recall, I didn't hesitate to not get in his way again.

Drew2
07-07-2003, 12:07 AM
babel.altavista.com

Learn to argue. It's a great skill. :lol:

Xcalibur
07-07-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
I remember meeting Sallazarre when he was a kobold hunter in Mule. Then I saw him in the park and thought he was an ass. He didn't remember me, of course. I think he was close to level 30 at that point. If I recall, I didn't hesitate to not get in his way again.

i played him so bad at first, i was KILLED in kobold in icemule. Decayed. I left, hunt rat, bla bla bla... I remembered when you said that you should killed me when you had the chance, which was about 3 days long.. ;)

Xcalibur
07-07-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Tayre
babel.altavista.com

Learn to argue. It's a great skill. :lol:

here come the destruction

Je crois que l'argumentation est une compétence importante et que je devrais la parfaire. Cependant, mon niveau d'expertise de la langue anglaise m'empeche de m'épanouir. Je m'éfforce donc de mieux l'apprendre, au dépriment de mes autres devoirs. J'admet que c'est une langue facile, avec des pieges parfois difficile. En conclusion, je ferais mon possible pour mieux etre comprit
Merci
I believe that the argumentation is a significant competence and that I should perfect it. However, my level of expertise on the English language me empeche to open out me. I éfforce thus to better learn it, with depresses my other duties. I admits that it is an easy language, with pieges sometimes difficult. In conclusion, I would make my possible for being better included/understood Merci

[Edited on 7-7-2003 by Xcalibur]

Bobmuhthol
07-07-2003, 12:13 AM
3 days or not, I could have absolutely PWNED you! Hehe. I'm surprised I didn't use my, "I wish 10000 deaths upon you for every breath you take" bit. I've actually only used that one person, who I forget now, and he bugged me about it every time he saw me.

Xcalibur
07-07-2003, 12:15 AM
3 days or not, I could have absolutely PWNED you! Hehe. I'm surprised I didn't use my, "I wish 10000 deaths upon you for every breath you take" bit. I've actually only used that one person, who I forget now, and he bugged me about it every time he saw me.

you were afraid cause i was the sole war mage with a greatsword AND an attitude. I was the madman, and know what? people feared me! that is power!

AnticorRifling
07-07-2003, 12:38 AM
I never feared you!! You're greatsword couldn't break through my giant golem husk wall shield :cool:

Xcalibur
07-07-2003, 12:45 AM
360 as, with call wind, you would die, one hit;P
before growing pains, i was in FGB, i was invicinble...
they really destroyed war magery..

Bobmuhthol
07-07-2003, 12:45 AM
My fist could break through a golvern-bound mithglin building. I think if I had a greatsword, cutting through incredibly crit *and* damage padded full plate would be easier than typing, "You suck." Hehe. What a waste of a post, but I'm tired and I'm not going to remember I posted it later.

Drew2
07-07-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Xcalibur

here come the destruction

Je crois que l'argumentation est une compétence importante et que je devrais la parfaire. Cependant, mon niveau d'expertise de la langue anglaise m'empeche de m'épanouir. Je m'éfforce donc de mieux l'apprendre, au dépriment de mes autres devoirs. J'admet que c'est une langue facile, avec des pieges parfois difficile. En conclusion, je ferais mon possible pour mieux etre comprit
Merci
I believe that the argumentation is a significant competence and that I should perfect it. However, my level of expertise on the English language me empeche to open out me. I éfforce thus to better learn it, with depresses my other duties. I admits that it is an easy language, with pieges sometimes difficult. In conclusion, I would make my possible for being better included/understood Merci

[Edited on 7-7-2003 by Xcalibur]

Hehehe.. for some reason I couldn't stop laughing for five minutes after reading this. French is hillarious.

Xcalibur
07-07-2003, 12:50 AM
hillarous and french accents give you around 50% more chance to win a non-french girls... imagine the power... we would have if we wouldn't had lost... the war...

Edaarin
07-07-2003, 12:59 AM
Encroyable...you're all butchering a beautiful language...

Sorry Anticor, I don't autolog either. I do remember hearing several people chiming in that they don't care and that any argument was better than quiet. And you know what? We were 100%, completely in character. You damn rolton kisser.

07-07-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol That's grounds for a WARN HARASSMENT at least, no matter what you people say. Warning is not for cowards, I use it as a tool to stop people from thinking they're clever and original when they attack me. Robertamuhthol

What's your favorite color dress? You could warn harassment me all day and night, but if you are running your mouth at me I'll just ignore it.

People like you that run their mouths, insults folks, etc....and then rely on WARNS, and REPORTS to cover your ass are pathetic.

Although to be fair, I have beaten the ever living hell out of you in-game, and at that time you did not WARN me or threaten to REPORT me, so maybe you are just bullshitting when you claim that you use the WARN verb as your personal bodyguard.

Tayre should be older than most of the people that currently reside in Icemule. The fact that he's not, and has a big mouth, does lead to spells (and blades) being thrown his way often. I never resort to the WARN or REPORT commands though... what's the fun in that? I'd rather continue with my volley of insults and comebacks as if I never died... Tayre

Way to be the anti-Bob, Tayre. Throwing insults around when you are willing to take the consequences can be funny at times. But to insult/antagonize folks when you plan on hiding behind the WARN verb? That's just pathetic.

Bobmuhthol
07-07-2003, 11:57 AM
There's a difference between an insult and harassment. If it goes to the point where the person is doing whatever the hell they please for the sole purpose of causing a disturbance, I warn them. If they continue, I ignore it. And if they attack, I report it. It's not my fault people are brutes. I want nothing to do with it.

<<But to insult/antagonize folks when you plan on hiding behind the WARN verb? That's just pathetic.>>

How about all the people who antagonize others because they're a higher level and can just kill the person if they fight back? That's pathetic.

Scott
07-07-2003, 01:07 PM
Like you bob? Constantly thumping little 5 trainers. You thump people because they say your name wrong, or say something (not even to you) that you don't like. You warn AND you thump people for no reason. THAT is pathetic. You pick on younger people and thump them and make their lives hell, but as soon as someone older comes and makes your life hell, you are the first person to warn.........

Bob=Warclaidhm Jr.

07-07-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by BobmuhtholHow about all the people who antagonize others because they're a higher level and can just kill the person if they fight back? That's pathetic.

I usually go out of my way to pick fights with those people--but regardless, your attitude is just as bad as the folks that abuse their power.

On the other side of the coin, I'm not going to let someone antagonize and just give them a free pass because they happen to be 50 levels younger. Just live with the consequences of your actions. If someone bullies you, get your revenge at a later date, or know that at some point they'll get theirs when they bully the wrong person.

Regardless, the way you play your character, you should stay away from the WARN verb. You're generous with the insults, and you should expect that some characters will attack you for it.

Frankly, I'd be embarrassed to use the WARN verb, not bragging about it like so many folks seem to do!

Edaarin
07-07-2003, 01:25 PM
Heh, saw a thief hiding behind a level 80ish empath today. Kind of sad when you have to depend on an empath for protection, wouldn't you say?

Bobmuhthol
07-07-2003, 01:27 PM
That's great and all, but I have a very important announcement to make.

All idiots come to the boulder.
...so I can attack you and see if you survive.

Boomsplat warned me against interaction earlier because I killed him. Before he issued the warning, he was talking about how he was going to kill me, and whispered, "You just made the biggest mistake of your life, punk."

Edaarin
07-07-2003, 01:44 PM
Feras?

Bobmuhthol
07-07-2003, 01:51 PM
Yeah. I was mocking Warclaidhm and said, "Can I swing at you, Boomsplat?!" He nodded. I took out feras and swung. Warclaidhm ambushed my head from hiding because of it. It wouldn't be surprising if something along the lines of Warclaidhm moving in with Boomsplat and marrying him happened. He kisses so much ass and calls me weak because he's twice my age, has 50% more redux than me (I have 0%), and uses a claidhmore. WOW! I must suck, huh?

Edaarin
07-07-2003, 03:08 PM
Heh, he tried to get me into a pissing contest about how much redux he has once. I've got like 25 trainings on him, but I'm not a big fan of empaths so I didn't bother.

It's around 66% though.

Bobmuhthol
07-07-2003, 03:14 PM
<<Heh, he tried to get me into a pissing contest about how much redux he has once. I've got like 25 trainings on him, but I'm not a big fan of empaths so I didn't bother.

It's around 66% though.>>

We've talked about a number of characters, I don't know who you're referring to.

--Edited part: I think you meant Warclaidhm.

[Edited on 7-7-2003 by Bobmuhthol]

Soulpieced
07-07-2003, 10:28 PM
Might = Right

Drew2
07-08-2003, 03:51 AM
I has ANOTHER great sorry for ebbyones! (For my first story, refer to the Warn Vs. Roleplay thread)

One day, Tayre was sitting in TC. Arliquin was talkin' about his nasty food, and takes out a green slime-covered cookie. He offers (uknowingly) his wire-wrapped eonake blah blah falchion to Tayre, and of course I gotsa accept then run away wif it! (He intended to offer the cookie, but that's the way it crumbles, I guess!) So aannyways... he gets all huffy and casts Divine Wrath at me, not knowing you can't target it, i guess. So I run back into TC (after giving his falchion back) and tell everyone to Look at the fog! It's neat! (muahaha) So not only do 2 people look at it.. but both happen to be elder clerics! ::cackles:: So Ms. Nice Cleric, just laughs it off and that is that.

But no... Mr. MeanCleric (aka. Crovenant!) decides to threaten my life because he lost his eyes by looking into Arliquin's mist.

... ... ... ...

That makes lot sof sense, right? "Next time you rescue someone and I happen to fog there too, you're dead".

Moral of the story: People are dumb.
Sub-moral: Don't listen to Tayre.

-Tayre

Morstanya
07-08-2003, 01:18 PM
There are plenty of people that have mega trainings and behave like morons. That said...

One thing I really hate is that a lot of 'younger' folks run straight for the "you are only picking on me cause you are older" bullshit when they start something up with an older person. Some older people are right. It's a chicken shit cop out to backslide like that.

I insult people on a regular basis with no regard to friendships and trainings. I don't see why I would bend over backwards for some 'youngun' when I don't blink an eye insulting someone that is older. Most people seem to realize that it's mostly for the 'yuks' and don't take it personally. Those that do take it personally, are wrong, because I'm right, because I'm old...

AnticorRifling
07-08-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Morstanya
There are plenty of people that have mega trainings and behave like morons. That said...

One thing I really hate is that a lot of 'younger' folks run straight for the "you are only picking on me cause you are older" bullshit when they start something up with an older person. Some older people are right. It's a chicken shit cop out to backslide like that.

I insult people on a regular basis with no regard to friendships and trainings. I don't see why I would bend over backwards for some 'youngun' when I don't blink an eye insulting someone that is older. Most people seem to realize that it's mostly for the 'yuks' and don't take it personally. Those that do take it personally, are wrong, because I'm right, because I'm old...

Don't automatically assume
the "youngun" started the crap, in fact the fact of age never came up until he threatened me because I was "talking back" how dare I stand up to someone of XXX trains :o Basically he was wrong and tried to flex his lvls and it didn't scare me but it did make me laugh. He was showing a classic example of might = right and in this case it didn't work for one reason. Anticor is never wrong. Just ask him in game sometime, me I'm wrong from time to time but Anticor doesn't make mistak:cool:

Edaarin
07-08-2003, 03:09 PM
We need to petition Simu to make people whose characters were transferred wear a sign that says, "Hi, I bought a shiny new body."

Gokkem
07-08-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Edaarin
We need to petition Simu to make people whose characters were transferred wear a sign that says, "Hi, I bought a shiny new body."

Um, that would be great....but won't ever happen. If you haven't noticed by now, Simu is not taking any type of stand on cash sales. If they were, they'd terminate character transfers immediately. Sold characters = more revenue for simu; and in this day of declining revenues they need to keep every subscription they can current. Smart business.

Edaarin
07-17-2003, 01:25 PM
Resting on the dais, I see this...

>Suddenly Rosman appears in the room holding onto a ring he has just placed on his finger.
>Rosman slides a gold ring off his finger.
>Rosman put a gold ring in his large cloth sack.
>Rosman slings a sun-faded oval battle shield over his shoulder.
>Sierpas meditates over Rosman.
Sierpas takes Rosman's nervous system damage.
>Sierpas murmurs a simple, mystical chant...
>Sierpas gestures.
Sierpas' nervous system looks better.
>Doozle glances at Sierpas.
>Rosman raises an eyebrow in Sierpas's direction.
>Sierpas leans on his staff.
>Doozle softly says, "That's really rude, we don't ambush heal here"
>Sierpas asks, "Excuse me?"
>Rosman says, "I didnt ask you to heal me."
>Rosman stares at Sierpas.
>Doozle softly asks, "Did I stutter?"
>Sierpas says, "Doozle, all you have been doing here is healing and healing folks as they walk in"
>Doozle cocks her head at Sierpas.
>Doozle softly says, "I've asked or they asked me"
>Sierpas says, "don't tell me you don't ambush heal"
>Sierpas says, "No that is not true"
>Rosman says, "I enjoyed the twitching actually."
>Sierpas says, "On multiple occassions you have been healing that way"
>Doozle softly says, "Don't get wise with me old man"
>look
Doozle softly says, "hardly"
>Sierpas leans on his staff.
>Doozle softly says, "I ask, they whisper, contact is made"
>Doozle softly says, "or I have carte blanche"
>Doozle softly says, "So bite me old man"
>Rosman says, "I've never seen Doozle vulture like you just did."
>Rosman begins chuckling at Sierpas!
>Doozle softly says, "Never"
>Sierpas says, "Wrong Doozle, I specifically have seen you heal the moment the person appears with a ring on their hands or etc"
>Sierpas traces a sign while beseeching the spirits for empowerment...
>Sierpas gestures at Doozle.
CS: +508 - TD: +201 + CvA: +12 + d100: +39 - +5 == +353
Warding failed!
A pall of silence settles over Doozle.
>Sierpas traces a sign while beseeching the spirits for empowerment...
>Sierpas gestures at Rosman.
CS: +508 - TD: +188 + CvA: +12 + d100: +11 - +5 == +338
Warding failed!
A pall of silence settles over Rosman.
>You hear someone snicker.
>You hear the voice of Mithirander say, "talk about rude"
Sierpas says, "I like it better when its quiet"
You hear the voice of Diablery say, "Me-ow."
>Sierpas says, "And no accusations"
>Rosman folds his arms over his chest.
>You hear the voice of Mithirander say, "Sierpas, please never ever heal me"

Damn. Nothing worse than an old empath throwing his weight around. I saw the something similar in the Park while ago, Iwqual was stealing from people and when they retaliated, he'd have Wezas bind/stun them. I blew up all of Iwqual's limbs for stealing at me, Wezas fogs to him, and since he couldn't ward me he just healed him. Disgusting.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-17-2003, 01:35 PM
Thats funny, and exactly why I don't sit on the dais. Douches!

07-17-2003, 01:46 PM
Looked like Doozle was asking for it. Don't get smart with me old man? Bite me old man?

Looks like he/she is just trying to prove they aren't afraid of his levels, so they are sure to be extra insulting to prove it.

Edaarin
07-17-2003, 01:49 PM
Ugh. And I'm sorry, but when I see someone that old who has 3m fame, I see someone who sits around town healing all day with absolutely 0% chance of dying for the last 80 levels.

Scott
07-17-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Tea & Strumpets
Looked like Doozle was asking for it. Don't get smart with me old man? Bite me old man?

Looks like he/she is just trying to prove they aren't afraid of his levels, so they are sure to be extra insulting to prove it.

And the other guy that was wondering why someone just healed him for no reason?

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-17-2003, 02:10 PM
How dare he question the flatbottom!

Miss X
07-17-2003, 02:22 PM
Heh, thats funny. I was sitting in TSC quite recently and heard a young healer ask Doozle to stop ambush healing, and she replied 'I'm old enough to heal level 3 scars, so I can do what I like'. Always nice to see hypocrits in action.

07-17-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Gemstone101
[And the other guy that was wondering why someone just healed him for no reason?

I'm not saying that Empath is a model citizen. Doozle had nothing to do with the situation, and yet is instructing the healer how to conduct themselves, with a rather insulting overtone I might add.

Obviously Empath is out of line for silencing the person that he/she had just healed.

But, if you are saying that Doozle should have reported for unconsentual PvP or something else Bob-like, that is ridiculous.

Dighn Darkbeam
07-17-2003, 02:59 PM
Would anyone argue the point that if anyone touches you either with an actual movement verb, the act verb, or the smile verb you are within your rights to use disabling spells?

I run into this situation alot. Name calling is one thing, but I believe if someone touches someone else that is grounds for consensual CvC.

Kris na Su'ta

Parkbandit
07-17-2003, 04:15 PM
I'm just pissed Doozle isn't around the landing anymore. She is an idiot who needs to be annoyed at every turn.

Doozle says, "We need an ATM up here"

I dispise vultures... but I hate OOC idiots worse.

[Edited on 7-17-2003 by Parkbandit]

Parkbandit
07-17-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Dighn Darkbeam
Would anyone argue the point that if anyone touches you either with an actual movement verb, the act verb, or the smile verb you are within your rights to use disabling spells?

I run into this situation alot. Name calling is one thing, but I believe if someone touches someone else that is grounds for consensual CvC.

Kris na Su'ta

Any action towards my character in a way that annoys him would result in action.

Example:

Doozle smiles as she slaps you across the face.

Doozle would need to grow back one right hand.

Betheny
07-17-2003, 05:23 PM
Doozle is one of those empaths that thinks she owns the place. Catty empaths are teh suq.

I remember one time she started telling an empath friend of mine that it was HER dais and she needed to be asked before anyone else could heal there, or something. She was a complete and utter wench about it.

Not only that, but she does the healing without asking, most of the time. She 's done it to me when i'm dead and my demeanor can't stop her.

So, with my experiences regarding her, I'd say the only reason she said anything is because another vulture moved in on her territorry.

Experience whores are the suck.

Red Devil
07-18-2003, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by Xcalibur

you were afraid cause i was the sole war mage with a greatsword AND an attitude. I was the madman, and know what? people feared me! that is power!

was zeyrin, or me i dont remember

Haashek
08-11-2003, 09:10 PM
Anticor my son you are so correct. Although I myself out of respect bow to a High Lord/Lady because they worked hard to get that title. But in no means they are always right. Many of us have benefitted from a mentor of sorts or a buddy system in which we shared our knowledge amongst ourselves. And those with high titles shouldnt bully themselves on younger folks just because of the title. Be the example and show your worthiness. Taunting or bullying lowers the title wearer to a rolton kisser

Drew2
08-11-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Haashek
Anticor my son you are so correct.

Um... unless he's really your son... I think you have character/reality separation issues. Aren't you the dumb guy everyone complained about? Hehe.

Haashek
08-11-2003, 10:18 PM
Dumb? Oh Im the dumb guy that drags older arses out of harms way in invasions all the time. Oh Im the dumb guy that has a large family that knows Im a smart guy. It's folks like you that take half truths and make marginal issues from. As I have stated before and do again. If you took the time to know the man Haashek rather than verbally denouncing him every chance you got, you would see why I have the prettiest ranger in the lands as my wife, (for over 3 years) and my family can tell you Im not dumb rather Im envied. People always make fun of those they are jealous over. So I dont do things by the book. I still succeed. I help anyone that wants my help. So Im still dumb? Heh I think you can check around.. even the warrior guild most guild masters will tell you I work hard and Im helpful and honest with everyone around.
That's not dumb. That is smart.

Bobmuhthol
08-11-2003, 10:19 PM
Please tell me Warclaidhm is your "son." It would be nice insulting two people with one comment. Especially when Warclaidhm is involved.

Haashek
08-11-2003, 10:27 PM
That's Warclaidhm? Ooops no he's not my son Bob. I thought that was Anticor my son who lives in EN. And Bob you can insult me if you want :grin:

Bobmuhthol
08-11-2003, 10:32 PM
U r wicket stoopit.

Taernath
08-11-2003, 10:35 PM
Hahaha... I hope Haashek sticks around. :D

Haashek
08-11-2003, 10:38 PM
Just know Im in shadows Bob.. I see I hear all that goes on as though Haashek is in physical form. The Legend continues....

GSTamral
08-11-2003, 11:22 PM
Haashek, interesting seeing you trying to act all above the rest of us. Anytime anyone disagrees with you, you either warn them, use blatantly out of genre terminology to tell them off, or threaten them with the violence of your whole family.

Most people, not wanting confrontation, will simply walk off thinking that you are some sort of dillhole with a serious inferiority complex. Me on the other hand, hell I'm bored, so I'll take this one for the ride. I remember once simply requesting that perhaps you should learn to hunt more effectively so you wouldnt need all those spells every single time, and your response was not only terse in nature, but extremely rude.

There are warriors well above you in age who can easily overhunt with no spells. It's no one elses fault you refuse to move above brig, and refuse to learn to hunt. You're adamancy about wearing brig displays as much intelligence as a sorcerer using a claid.

It's no one else's fault but yours that you are an incompetent hunter of your own accord. That you have also chosen to be a dick about it. Well, that explains your amazing popularity.

Drew2
08-12-2003, 12:03 AM
So basically, Tamral, he IS dumb?

Haashek
08-12-2003, 02:31 AM
Hey Tamral you MUST be dumb LOL Im retired moron. So go play somewhere else since you are just bored. Im the smart one to get out before the game collapses. The way it's going and the mass exodus about to happen Gemstone will soon just be a memory. Because until they listen to the players and stop assuming they are always right... the real dumb people are in Simu.

daragon13
08-12-2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by GSTamral
Haashek, interesting seeing you trying to act all above the rest of us. Anytime anyone disagrees with you, you either warn them, use blatantly out of genre terminology to tell them off, or threaten them with the violence of your whole family.

What I find funny about this post, is most of you act just like him. Yet you wanna make him your laughing stock? So how is the flipping burger business? :D

Haashek
08-12-2003, 02:56 AM
Daragon that was a whopper of a comment. And you're correct. They are jealous of my family as I have adopted super kids. I dont threaten anyone with my family that is a blatant lie. My kids are old enough to make their own decisions. If they decide to help me they do. And if they were your kids they would do the same. Real dumb assumptions. Sad people are so bitter. LOL What will happen in a year when Gemstone is no more? When all the changes in G4 collapse and they have to kick everyone out to rewrite the game? Or who is going to stay for the un-outstanding customer service at Simu.. when GMs playing favorites and not caring for most folks. Heheheh.. how many here have been victims of that? HighLords Renown title holders not withstanding we all have been. So take from there oh critics of half truths. LOL

daragon13
08-12-2003, 03:08 AM
Daragon that was a whopper of a comment. And you're correct. They are jealous of my family as I have adopted super kids. I dont threaten anyone with my family that is a blatant lie. My kids are old enough to make their own decisions. If they decide to help me they do. And if they were your kids they would do the same. Real dumb assumptions. Sad people are so bitter. LOL What will happen in a year when Gemstone is no more? When all the changes in G4 collapse and they have to kick everyone out to rewrite the game? Or who is going to stay for the un-outstanding customer service at Simu.. when GMs playing favorites and not caring for most folks. Heheheh.. how many here have been victims of that? HighLords Renown title holders not withstanding we all have been. So take from there oh critics of half truths. LOL

That is when they will see that there is another world called Real Life. Heh. I didn't know Customer Service existed in GS. :D

Haashek
08-12-2003, 03:11 AM
Daragon you said it bud. Bottom line is.. they dont care.
If they did we would not be blabbin here LOL !!

daragon13
08-12-2003, 03:14 AM
Daragon you said it bud. Bottom line is.. they dont care.
If they did we would not be blabbin here LOL !!

Course blabbing here maybe a bad idea, I am beginning to think half of these people are either sleeping with GMs, or just giving them head. :D

Haashek
08-12-2003, 03:29 AM
Not to name names I know a few that are GMS. Frankly I dont care at this point I tried for a long time to be respectful and suggest things to help. They didnt appreciate it and in many cases were quite rude saying the issue wasnt open for discussion. So since they dont appreciate suggestions even if they are not what they are looking for at least they would give me the courtesy and listen to what I have to say. Everyone's opinion is of equal value. And everyone's suggestions also are equal and need to be treated as such. That's just plain good ol customer service. I guess Simu is out to lunch on that aspect in RL. I wish I could fo come to Simucon to meet folks.. grab a diet coke sit at a table and have some great laughs. Folks seriously Im a nice guy. If I offended anyone please dont take me seriously and I apologize to anyone if they were offended. I just want to have fun meet great folks. That is why I adopted so many kids. And I would do it again in a heartbeat. Im retired now as Haashek. I have though connections in the lands. So Im kept up to date on the goings on.

daragon13
08-12-2003, 03:36 AM
Not to name names I know a few that are GMS. Frankly I dont care at this point I tried for a long time to be respectful and suggest things to help. They didnt appreciate it and in many cases were quite rude saying the issue wasnt open for discussion. So since they dont appreciate suggestions even if they are not what they are looking for at least they would give me the courtesy and listen to what I have to say. Everyone's opinion is of equal value. And everyone's suggestions also are equal and need to be treated as such. That's just plain good ol customer service. I guess Simu is out to lunch on that aspect in RL. I wish I could fo come to Simucon to meet folks.. grab a diet coke sit at a table and have some great laughs. Folks seriously Im a nice guy. If I offended anyone please dont take me seriously and I apologize to anyone if they were offended. I just want to have fun meet great folks. That is why I adopted so many kids. And I would do it again in a heartbeat. Im retired now as Haashek. I have though connections in the lands. So Im kept up to date on the goings on.

Hehe I think it would be a very bad idea for me to go to Simucon, I know of atleast one GM I would like to sock just once. But here is the Truth of Business Psychology that Simutronics has yet to conceive. You need Customers to survive. And for that Customer Service is needed. Simple Business Psychology my friends. And Yes it is a course. I took it. heh. The thing is though is half the people that Play GS don't realize you don't have to GULP to get good service. There are plenty of FREE games like Gemstone that have way better Customer Service. :D

daragon13
08-12-2003, 03:39 AM
U r wicket stoopit.

Yeah I just thought that I would point out Bob's mistake in grammar since is such a nazi and all. YOU ARE WICKED STUPID. There. :D

Betheny
08-12-2003, 07:06 AM
Why do I get the feeling neither of you know what the hell you're talking about?

I think if a GM posted here in an 'official' capacity they'd be in deep shit.

Moreover, if you really need to resort to accusations of 'sleeping with the enemy' to make your jackass self feel justified, you really are pathetic.

And since when have the GMs become the enemy? Have you ever thought they might be your 'enemy' because YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING WRONG?

Please. Ponder on this before you accuse me of sucking off one of the staff. And if you do decide to go lamer and respond with something like that, I'd like to know who I'm blowing, so I know who to demand alters and justice from.

GSTamral
08-12-2003, 08:55 AM
Maimara, its because neither of them know what they are talking about. As for jealousy, Haashek, I find that whole jealousy issue rather laughable.

And daragon, you're right, you proved my point quite well. I never claimed to be a better than thou. I'm a person with the same rights as any other, and I know it. I find haashek to be a dick because he believes his own opinion is the only one that has any value, and that his way of life is the only way, and then he's bitter because he cannot hunt even 10 levels beneath him without dishonoring himself by begging for spells.

And just to nip the issue in the butt before he says it, many of the times, the people giving him spells are NOT his friends, but people who spell him up either for money, or simply to avoid his whining.

As for the burger flipping business, if it was meant as some sort of snide commentary, I guess I should return the favor, so how's your shoe shining business coming?

CrystalTears
08-12-2003, 08:57 AM
At least the people in McDonalds are working and making a living for themselves and not begging for favors.

Edaarin
08-12-2003, 11:54 AM
Oh Im the dumb guy that drags older arses out of harms way in invasions all the time.

Have you perhaps thought of ever participating in one of those invasions. Edaarin got killed by marchlords and sentries 8 or 9 times, but still took out about 15-20k in experience worth of them. I saw you during the Jant invasion, you didn't do much except tag along Valicar's group TRYING to tackling jant swordsmen, which are like level 40. Oh yeah. Before I forget, how's Ylandra?

Someone point Soulpieced to this thread.

And Dargius. It's pretty low to insult someone's job. I'm a college student, I'm probably going to be doing work study at one of my school's libraries for something like minimum wage during the year. I'm not asking my parents to pay for uition, or room and board, or my books, and I need a job with flexible hours.

[Edited on 8-12-2003 by Edaarin]

[Edited on 8-12-2003 by Edaarin]

Warriorbird
08-12-2003, 12:45 PM
Yup. Threatened people with his family, threatened people with the GMs...

I offered him help. Many people did. All attempting to try to make him not such an idiot, because he lookd bad in general, and made the warrior profession look bad as well.

He refused. He claimed we were jealous. He told both the warrior GMs that they obviously didn't know much about the warrior profession, and that it was impossible to hunt without spells after 50th level. Even more amusingly, he told Psycat this, and Psycat has hunted his warrior into the Rift without spells.

Haashek continued to be a moron. And now, lo and behold, with changes that would've probably made it easier for his punk self (stance changes, dodge, block, parry) he flails his hands in the air and quits Gemstone.

Way to be stupid.

Drew2
08-12-2003, 01:18 PM
Sounds to me like Haashek has insecurity issues in RL he is trying to compensate for in GS... or now on the boards, rather, seeing as he's trying to be a martyr by proclaiming his retirement.

Either way, he needs to get a life. Whether it be in another RPG or in RL.

And I repeat.. they're not really your kids, Haashek. Nobody is jealous of a pretend family.

Edaarin
08-12-2003, 01:19 PM
"I dont threaten anyone with my family that is a blatant lie."

Sorry, I didn't catch this the first time through. I distinctly remember after Arkans owned you and then left Voln, you said something along the lines of "I won't do anything, but when you've got 40 kids, they don't take kindly to murder." Sounds like a threat to me.

CrystalTears
08-12-2003, 01:37 PM
40 kids and you need to beg for spells and constant help? With a family like that who needs enemies.

daragon13
08-12-2003, 02:28 PM
<Maimara & GSTamral : Muffled Sounds>

Whats that?

<Maimara & GSTamral : GULP>

Yup thats that I thought.:D

Taernath
08-12-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Edaarin
"I dont threaten anyone with my family that is a blatant lie."

Sorry, I didn't catch this the first time through. I distinctly remember after Arkans owned you and then left Voln, you said something along the lines of "I won't do anything, but when you've got 40 kids, they don't take kindly to murder." Sounds like a threat to me.

He's also threatened several of my characters as well.

[Edited on 8/12/03 by Taernath]

daragon13
08-12-2003, 02:47 PM
I never actually had a problem with him. He has helped my characters out many times. But with half the people posting bad about him, I can see why he messes with you. It's called you probably deserved it. :D

Drew2
08-12-2003, 03:33 PM
Someone disable daragon's ability to use faces. He's abusing the privilage.

daragon13
08-12-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Tayre
Someone disable daragon's ability to use faces. He's abusing the privilage.

:D

Parkbandit
08-12-2003, 03:59 PM
Dumb? Oh Im the dumb guy...

You could have simply left it at that and saved me an extra minute of my life.

Parkbandit
08-12-2003, 04:06 PM
Oh, and Haashek.. I thought the reason you were leaving the game was that people were picking on you and the GMs wouldn't make them stop.

I can rest easily knowing I helped run you out of Gemstone.

Betheny
08-12-2003, 04:10 PM
I don't even know Tamral, dipshit.

GSTamral
08-13-2003, 12:08 AM
get off your pedestal daragon. It's already 30 feet underground and sinking. If haashek was such a nice person, why is it you suppose many more people dislike him compared to those who support him?

more importantly, why would be so highly rated amongst the most disliked people in the game? Because people are jealous of his warmongering family? please...

Artha
08-13-2003, 12:18 AM
Anyone who needs to use their family as a weapon should be bludgeoned with a baseball bat.

Scott
08-13-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Artha
Anyone who needs to use their family as a weapon should be bludgeoned with a baseball bat.

Ben? Is that you?

Warriorbird
08-13-2003, 10:22 AM
Scary thing is...I don't think most of his "family" would've acknowledged him if he asked for help attacking someone. It was one of those "comfortable delusion" type things.

And Artha != Ben.

StrayRogue
08-13-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by GSTamral
more importantly, why would be so highly rated amongst the most disliked people in the game? Because people are jealous of his warmongering family? please...

Just speaking for myself, I am jealous for his immense hunting capabilities, as well as him ghetto speak and his 5x brig. kthx.