PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Wizard training

Izadriel
12-22-2003, 08:38 AM
Ok.. I'm interested in creating a wizard for GSIV.

Basically from looking thru all the old guides out there from GS3.. I can get a basic idea of what to do.

But I am looking for information from an experienced wizard in GSIV.. to help me with stat placement for optimal growth and what skills to train in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Izadriel :bouncy:

AnticorRifling
12-23-2003, 08:28 AM
You need to be more specific. What race, what do you want to do: enchanter, staff user, real wizard (ohe/shield + haste), etc. Give us more details and it will make the process easier.

Ansherak
12-23-2003, 08:35 AM
Create a warrior, this is after all Warriorstone IV....

D-

Kitsun
12-23-2003, 08:49 AM
I don't think too many people will claim to be experienced with GSIV at all yet, I'd be wary of anyone who did make the claim.

I would highly discourage placement for growth alone. It makes earlier levels a nuisance and the levels aren't uncapped anymore. Even if you max the stats, you may not get the right amount of TP's for a reasonable training plan.

And like Anticor said, we'll need some more info before we can give any opinions on a training plan.

Izadriel
12-23-2003, 10:03 AM
Err, pardon how vague I was, thank you for pointing that our Anitcor and Kitsun.

I wanted to create a basic human wizard.. ohe/shield/haste, etc.. but still be able to be a decent enchanter when time comes for his own equipment and my other characters.

Understandably nobody exactly has the greatest grasp on the mechanics of GSIV yet but.. I figured where better to look than on a forum under the Wizard folder.. atleast y'all have experience from GS3.. as I have never delved into trying out a wizard.

Any help is most appreciated.. and thank you. - Iz

Xcalibur
12-23-2003, 10:51 AM
Strength (STR): 8X
Constitution (CON): 70 OR 20, depending on you, if you want high health and some cm manoeuvers
Dexterity (DEX): 7X
Agility (AGI): 8X
Discipline (DIS): 7X
Aura (AUR): 7X
Logic (LOG): 7X
Intuition (INT): 2X
(Wisdom (WIS): 2X or 7X, depending on you
Influence (INF): 4X

If you want to blade well, take some cm, but it's costy

stick to full leath, double leather needs 15 ranks, full only 2, and there isn't that much of difference (except hinderance for the double)

1X hp
1X as
1X miu
2X spells
2X spell aim
1X mana share
1X weapon
1X pt
1X shield
1X perception

rest depends on you

Kitsun
12-23-2003, 01:11 PM
Xcalibur's plan looks about right.

I'll just pipe in and say that trying for the middle path in GSIV seems to be more difficult than in GSIII. As you progress, you'll notice your only singling in a weapon type to become lacking and your inability to keep singled with CM. Also your spells won't keep near your cap because you can only really 2x in spell training.

Good news! You won't suffer from can't-kill-a-rat early on because your not going to try to club stuff with a rune staff. Haste killing is really fun for the first bunch of levels. And actually you'll be able to skill migrate if you change your mind, although it might take a while to ditch all the OHE/Shield stuff for more magical abilities when the time comes.

You might want to try some Earth lore too. Helps with Strength and Stoneskin if you get tagged in offensive.

Also note you won't be able to enchant well right when you get the spell. If your patient and willing to wait, then going warmage is fine.