PDA

View Full Version : Andraste makes me wanna punch babies.

Brielus
04-21-2008, 09:57 PM
so some foolio is complaining to the merchant that the thing he hates most about love is the smell.. and i say.. thats why you have your partner bathe pre-coitus... and i get this.

SEND[Andraste] Oy... let's keep coitus talk to whispers! PG-13 please.

I didnt know that the word coitus was R rated.. i shoulda just said fuck.. you can get away with that with a PG-13 rating. It still confounds me that the let this retard be in charge of something.

SolitareConfinement
04-21-2008, 10:02 PM
she is such a nazi cunt...one time a much higher train cleric silenced me so i "abused" the act verb with "getting a stick" and writing a note in the gravel and she said she doubts a rogue carries a stick on him for writing notes in the dirt....and i was dumbfounded really because seriously who cares?

Danical
04-21-2008, 10:08 PM
:facepalm:

diethx
04-21-2008, 10:20 PM
i shoulda just said fuck.. you can get away with that with a PG-13 rating.

Pretty sure the second you say fuck it's an automatic R rating.

She's still a trolly cunt, because the word coitus is so much worse than people lifting themselves onto fucking hooks which jab through their back and swing them around the room, and the other sado-masochistic shit from this event tonight (which btw I think was pretty well thought out and the best one i've been to yet, tour-wise, but still NOT family-friendly).

Snapp
04-21-2008, 10:20 PM
lol brielus

Snapp
04-21-2008, 10:23 PM
Pretty sure the second you say fuck it's an automatic R rating.
I've heard the word fuck in PG-13 movies.

diethx
04-21-2008, 10:24 PM
I've heard the word fuck in PG-13 movies.

Which ones, if you remember? Cuz I could've sworn fuck was an automatic R rating.

StrayRogue
04-21-2008, 10:24 PM
Say Rut next time. It's in genre, and she probably doesn't know wtf it means anyway.

StrayRogue
04-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Which ones, if you remember? Cuz I could've sworn fuck was an automatic R rating.

Big.

There's probably loads in my collection, but we don't use your "lol" 13 rating over here.

LMingrone
04-21-2008, 10:30 PM
Don't let your gf's seven and eight year old brothers watch Airplane or Last Action Hero either. I didn't even realize that P13 meant tits and "fuck".

diethx
Big.

There's probably loads in my collection, but we don't use your "lol" 13 rating over here.

According to Yahoo, Big was rated PG. Weird.

Snapp

Beetlejuice off the top of my head. I remember hearing it and being suprised when I was a little kid.

I was so innocent. :saint:

Edit: I actually just looked it up.. according to the web, Beetlejuice was only PG too. Hrm.

Anyway, Andraste is a dumb ass.

diethx
04-21-2008, 10:32 PM
Maybe it's a new restriction? My fiance and I saw some show on TV awhile back about the people who come up with the ratings and it said that "fuck" was an automatic R. Fuck if I can remember WHAT the show was... lol

StrayRogue
04-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Wasn't there any swearing in that steaming pile of garbage called Aliens vs Predator?

diethx
04-21-2008, 10:35 PM
Wasn't there any swearing in that steaming pile of garbage called Aliens vs Predator?

I didn't see AvP 2, so i'm not sure. I'm pretty sure though that shit, ass, etc. are allowed in PG-13, according to that show anyway. Pretty much... any curse you can hear on FX shows you can hear in PG-13 movies, I thought.

StrayRogue
04-21-2008, 10:36 PM
Maybe it's a new restriction? My fiance and I saw some show on TV awhile back about the people who come up with the ratings and it said that "fuck" was an automatic R. Fuck if I can remember WHAT the show was... lol

Definately not, at least not in our country (thank God).

Fuck can be used a few times, in a none sexual context before a film even becomes a PG13 (15 over here).

You're more likely to get a higher rating, in America, if the film features drugs, tits or mass violence.

StrayRogue
04-21-2008, 10:37 PM

Not that AVP2 was any better, but I meant the first one. The sequel tried to be more hardcore by keeping the violence (yet still only managed a child's rating).

Back
04-21-2008, 10:37 PM
I didn't see AvP 2, so i'm not sure. I'm pretty sure though that shit, ass, etc. are allowed in PG-13, according to that show anyway. Pretty much... any curse you can hear on FX shows you can hear in PG-13 movies, I thought.

They say ass and dick on Comedy Central with no bleeps.

Fucks get bleeps though.

I’ve heard “shite” on the Food Network too.

Danical
04-21-2008, 10:38 PM
From Wikipedia:

For example Big, Spies Like Us, and Nothing in Common were three late-1980s PG releases containing PG-13-level innuendo; the dialogue of two contained the word fuck .

StrayRogue
04-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Films and TV are totally different.

diethx
04-21-2008, 10:39 PM

Fucks get bleeps though.

Right, that's what I was saying. You can hear pretty much any foul word on FX shows like Nip/Tuck and Rescue Me... except fuck.

SolitareConfinement
04-21-2008, 10:40 PM
i recently seen a documentary on how we rate films in America and the impact of the film industry that these ratings have. and one of the things they went over was what causes what rating. If i remember correctly for a pg-13 rating you can have some light sexual content, no drug references, and usage of the word fuck can be once.

Danical
04-21-2008, 10:40 PM

^^^

StrayRogue
04-21-2008, 10:41 PM
Right, that's what I was saying. You can hear pretty much any foul word on FX shows like Nip/Tuck and Rescue Me... except fuck.

As I said, the governing bodies for TV and movies are different. TV has stuff like watershed which can support (or crucify) the content.

Stretch
04-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Rocksand's innuendo is a shit ton more gross / inappropriate than coitus.

Lame

diethx

Dur, I was just using it as a comparison as to what I thought was allowed in PG-13.

Danical
did you assholes not see my post from Wiki?

:( :( :(

StrayRogue
04-21-2008, 10:43 PM
Dur, I was just using it as a comparison as to what I thought was allowed in PG-13.

TV, as far as I'm aware, doesn't use that scale. At least not until it get's released on video. It's all down to watershed.

LMingrone

Fucks get bleeps though.

Only after a certain time? (10pm?) South Park had that "shit" episode. Honestly, if I had kids right now I'd rather having them watch that than MY SUPER SWEET 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Keeping up with the Kardashians, or however you spell their name.

I can at least try to explain the context and motives of people in most movies to my neices/nephews/kids in my family. I can't figure out most of this reality TV bullshit myself.

diethx
As I said, the governing bodies for TV and movies are different. TV has stuff like watershed which can support (or crucify) the content.

I wasn't saying that they were rated and decided upon by the same people. I was only saying that I THOUGHT you could relate what's allowed in PG-13 to what's allowed on those TV shows.

StrayRogue
04-21-2008, 10:45 PM
I wasn't saying that they were rated and decided upon by the same people. I was only saying that I THOUGHT you could relate what's allowed in PG-13 to what's allowed on those TV shows.

No you can't, because one has a watershed, the other doesn't. It has a rating.

Back
04-21-2008, 10:46 PM
Only after a certain time? (10pm?)

I think this is true.

StrayRogue
04-21-2008, 10:47 PM
I think this is true.

Heh, 9 pm here.

diethx
04-21-2008, 10:48 PM
No you can't, because one has a watershed, the other doesn't. It has a rating.

I have no idea what a watershed is. I do know that when my FX shows come on they say that the code it's given in the corner of the screen is called a rating. Whether or not those differ from movie ratings was not something I was debating, because I wouldn't know. I was merely saying that the two things on two possibly totally different scales seemed similiar from what i'd seen.

StrayRogue
04-21-2008, 10:49 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watershed_%28television%29

diethx
04-21-2008, 10:51 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watershed_%28television%29

Aha!

LMingrone
04-21-2008, 10:51 PM
I may be wrong here, but aren't they governed by different bodies? FCC & whoever the movie ratings group is run by? Two different sets of rules, no?

StrayRogue
04-21-2008, 10:53 PM
I may be wrong here, but aren't they governed by different bodies? FCC & whoever the movie ratings group is run by? Two different sets of rules, no?

Yes, as I've said twice.

diethx
04-21-2008, 10:54 PM

"In the United States, the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA), through the Classification and Rating Administration (CARA) issues ratings for movies."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movie_ratings#United_States

LMingrone
04-21-2008, 10:55 PM
I hate the **aa. The whole lot of 'em.

Back
04-21-2008, 10:58 PM
Everyone knows Kill Bill was partially black and white to get around an X rating because of violence? Right?

StrayRogue
04-21-2008, 11:01 PM
Huh?

Skeeter
04-21-2008, 11:04 PM
X rating doesn't even exist. And if Starship Troopers doesn't get a NC17 rating for violence nothing ever will.

StrayRogue
04-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Or Rambo IV. Or Total Recall.

diethx
04-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Or Total Recall.

I love that movie so freaking much.

StrayRogue
04-21-2008, 11:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8Ep3oc4YsA&feature=related

My NAME IS NOT QUAID

Back
04-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Awesome flick. Phillip K Dick has had influence beyond his years.

LMingrone
04-21-2008, 11:16 PM
I can't believe "Kids" got re-printed. I paid a shit-ton of money to buy it after it stopped getting pressed just 'cause I thought there was no way a studio would release that shitty, way too over-the-top movie.

yesicj
04-21-2008, 11:30 PM

It's the second fuck that gets you the R rating. Travolta and Woods have this conversation at the beginning of Be Cool.

diethx
04-21-2008, 11:31 PM
It's the second fuck that gets you the R rating. Travolta and Woods have this conversation at the beginning of Be Cool.

Aha. I never saw that :)

diethx
04-21-2008, 11:32 PM
I can't believe "Kids" got re-printed. I paid a shit-ton of money to buy it after it stopped getting pressed just 'cause I thought there was no way a studio would release that shitty, way too over-the-top movie.

I liked that movie, kinda. But omg, the VIRGSHIN SURSHGEON was ridiculous. How that ugly little shit got any play is beyond me.

Furrowfoot
04-21-2008, 11:56 PM

Ah, ya beat me to it :( I had a full quote and everything. Fuck it, I'm using it anyway. (This post is now Rated R by the MPAA)

"Be Cool is a sequel that is quite comfortable poking fun at itself and sequels in general. Get Shorty was a potty-mouthed R-rated farce. At the very start of Be Cool, Chili notes that in order to avoid an R rating, a movie can use the infamous “F” word only once. His use of the expletive in explaining the rating system is the first and last time the word gets used in this tame PG-13 sequel."

LMingrone
04-22-2008, 12:00 AM
It depends heavily on in what context the word is used.

Latrinsorm
04-22-2008, 12:33 PM
No you can't, because one has a watershed, the other doesn't. It has a rating.TV shows are also rated - Y, Y7, etc. This lets people know which shows are deemed appropriate for kids whenever they come on.

lol brindraste at how quickly this thread went off-topic though.

Brielus
05-05-2008, 12:02 PM
Back to topic.. god tends to kill stupid fat things so im praying that he will continue to enforce his policy and cause something heavy to fall on that retard.

Allereli
05-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Back to topic.. god tends to kill stupid fat things so im praying that he will continue to enforce his policy and cause something heavy to fall on that retard.

wow, the topic was dead two weeks ago... Wishing death upon someone for poor GMing is just bad karma

Methais
05-05-2008, 12:45 PM
wow, the topic was dead two weeks ago... Wishing death upon someone for poor GMing is just bad karma

Well it's not like he can wish a long and fulfilling life of stuffing your face and being a cunt to everyone you come across on her.

DCSL
05-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Well, he COULD wish that. But that would be good of him, and good is dumb.

Methais
05-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Why wish something on someone when it's already something they have?

And yes, good is dumb.
http://jim.eponym.com/Spaceballs_Dark_Helmet.jpg

Deathravin
05-05-2008, 03:19 PM
Sixteen Candles was released as PG, it has tits (blond chick in the shower - big close-up of em for a few moments), and a few f-bombs and various other foul language.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088128/
USA:PG

It was origonally R, then was "appealed" (eg molly ringwald got on all fours for the rating commission) to a PG.

Other than that, I've heard some F-Bombs on PG-13 movies. Seen a few things that maybe should have been R... And also seen some things get an R rating that should have been PG.

At any rate, the word "coitus" is not in any way offensive. If you're old enough to know what it means, you're too old for it to bother you anymore.

For the record, Personally, I don't think it should have been said at all... But, on the same hand, nobody should have been SENDed for it either. So they're both in the wrong in my rather meek opinion.

Brielus
05-05-2008, 11:28 PM
All karma is bad, there is no good karma.. however i like my karma with a nice honey glaze and a side of i fucking hate andraste.

Anferis
05-06-2008, 06:58 PM
I just burned my hand on my stove while cooking. I can now only type very slowly without pain. This is Andraste's fault because I'm a fucktard who did something stupid and got spanked for it.

That being said, I have been in trouble with Andraste for near-nothing, but it was violating policy whether I liked it or not. She just didn't have to be a cunt about it.

Deadelf
06-04-2008, 05:25 AM
You can say Fuck and keep a PG-13 rating the recent Die Hard movie shows you that. They interviewed Bruce Willis about it and he said they still wanted to use the characters trade mark "Yippie kay aay motherfucker" so they had to limit the profanity in the movie to still keep the trade mark saying and the PG-13 rating.

Sablemane
06-19-2008, 01:41 AM
For the sake of being fair:

Last night Andraste actually WORKED with me to find a weapon worth 10 mil that I inexplicably misplaced somewhere.

Granted, she was condescending and makes a lot of assumptions, but at least she got me what I wanted. This being my first interaction with her I just want to put this out there.

I guess if you're willing to put up with the 'tude she can get the job done.

diethx
06-19-2008, 02:11 AM
For the sake of being fair:

Last night Andraste actually WORKED with me to find a weapon worth 10 mil that I inexplicably misplaced somewhere.

Granted, she was condescending and makes a lot of assumptions, but at least she got me what I wanted. This being my first interaction with her I just want to put this out there.

I guess if you're willing to put up with the 'tude she can get the job done.

Which is basically the opposite of how customer service works in the rest of the country. Thanks Simutronics for hiring troll cunts that give attitude for no fucking reason!

Miscast
06-19-2008, 02:26 AM
She and Emeradan need to commit suicide together.

Joe
06-19-2008, 04:45 AM
She and Emeradan need to commit suicide together.

Sorry, but that's just fucked up.

Methais
06-19-2008, 05:09 AM
Sorry, but that's just fucked up.

You're right. They should shoot each other at the same time instead so that it's not technically suicide.

joehollywood
06-22-2008, 11:10 AM
If one of them makes the kool-aid and the other puts the poison in the glass, does it count as suicide?!

Miscast
06-23-2008, 09:29 AM
Was it Andraste who was all shitbricked over the word "coitus"?

[Old Ta'Faendryl, River Bend]
A huge pile of refuse, broken stone and rotting vegetation blocks the road to the east and spills down along the edge of the river. A strong, musty odor of decay rises from the jumbled pile.
Obvious paths: west
>stat

Active Players: 260

Staff on duty:

Use WHO HELP for more options.
>'coitus
You say, "Coitus."
>
A flickering silhouette solidifies into an Ithzir initiate!
>

An old huntress on her way to provide for her family overhears what is said. She gasps with disgust while quickly grabbing a bar of lye soap from her backpack.

The huntress says, "Miscast, I can't believe you weren't brought up with better manners than that. Maybe this will teach you a lesson!"

She then promptly washes your mouth out with the soap and continues on her way.

The GameMasters have instructed their assistant, the old woman, to wash your mouth out with soap. What you are saying in no way adds to the experience of the game but often offends other players. You are NOT getting an official warning at this time but rather a friendly reminder to please watch what and how you say things.

Only you will know of having your mouth washed out therefore there is no need to tell anyone else unless you wish to. Please do try to watch what you say.

It's fucking OTF.

thefarmer
06-23-2008, 10:10 AM
Doing it to test if you'd get a response seems kinda stupid and childish.

MotleyCrew
06-23-2008, 10:24 AM
:yeahthat:

SayGoodbye
06-23-2008, 01:22 PM
The fact that they soap people for saying "coitus" seems kinda stupid and childish.

CrystalTears
06-23-2008, 01:32 PM
Maybe because there really isn't a reason to say it on its own, out loud. Saying it to see what would happen is just asinine.

SayGoodbye
06-23-2008, 01:35 PM
The fact that it's a soapable word, regardless of context is still, in my opinion, stupid.

Bobmuhthol
06-23-2008, 01:35 PM
Of the last 5 posts, 3 are fucking retarded.

NocturnalRob
06-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Of the last 5 posts, 3 are fucking retarded.

4 of 6.

NOW COUNT MINE!

Methais
06-23-2008, 02:49 PM
I bet half of these soap happy GMs have never been upstairs in the Landing constable's office.

NocturnalRob
06-23-2008, 02:52 PM
I bet half of these soap happy GMs have never been upstairs in the Landing constable's office.

is that where they do the body cavity searches?

Methais
06-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Yes.

Stanley Burrell
06-23-2008, 02:58 PM
Yes.

lol

Martaigne
06-23-2008, 03:25 PM
Don't forget the dirty magazine which seems to have disappeared.

Some Rogue
06-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Don't forget the dirty magazine which seems to have disappeared.

It's still there, or was as of about a month ago.

Martaigne
06-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Ah, my memory's a bit fuzzy as to where it was. Been a few years.

Some Rogue
06-23-2008, 04:03 PM
Down the ladder, underneath the cot.

That Jay
08-13-2008, 01:01 AM
http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=9&topic=3&message=6745

"And yes, I am working on clarifying this for Policy 4, so we can eliminate that gray area once and for all."

"--A."

Great news, since we know how well she adheres to staff policy.

Khariz
08-13-2008, 01:04 AM
Frosted lucky Andraste! She's magically cuntlicious!

Miscast
08-13-2008, 04:03 AM
How many policies are there? Like 20?

How about a Policy 21... Andraste dies. Twice.