View Full Version : Taking offers!

AestheticDeath
04-21-2008, 01:54 AM
a krodera-inset silver runeblade
- +40 bastard sword
- exceptionally crit weighted
- 12 lbs
- 99/225, vultite base
- Looking closely at the long blade you see a a myriad of sigils arranged in a pattern both beautiful and disturbing in their chaos. The silver blade has been so finely honed that the edge glints in even the dimmest light, conveying how that the sharp blade could probably slice through the thinnest parchment with ease. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

a translucent vultite-alloy longblade
- +35 falchion
- very heavy crit weighted
- 4 lbs
- scripted - rub, wave, touch
- Crafted from a single piece of translucent metal, this blade is a paradigm of masterful craftsmanship. Rays of light flicker within the facets of the translucent blade, creating a constantly fluid illusion. The cutting surface is honed to a deadly, razor sharp edge, allowing it to cut through flesh and bone like a hot knife through butter. The handle of the weapon is tightly wrapped with two alternating strips of worked leather, and the pommel is exquisitely carved as a roaring tiger's head. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

a charred mahogany staff
- 5x a day self charging Raise Dead (318)
- 2 lbs
- The staff has obviously gone through a fire, but you can still make out some masterful carvings of holy symbols. Emblems of the Arkati are deeply carved into the center of the mahogany staff's base, close to the grip twined with soft spidersilk. Barely legibly inscribed into the wood are the words, "Giver of Life."

a ruic heavy crossbow
- 5x
- mechanical crank, which cocks by turning it, always 3 sec RT
- can be used from hiding
- scripted
- 12 lbs
- The ruic heavy crossbow has a small windlass attached to it. It seems to be in fine working order, the cording recently replaced and the crank and winch well oiled.

a pair of bear hide boots
- 3x per day self recharging Sneaking (617)
- 4 lbs
- The boots are fashioned from bear hide and covered with fur for insulation. Although soft to the touch, the construction is very sound and it looks like they will last for years to come.

Khariz
04-21-2008, 02:10 AM
You are such a bitch.

:hug2:

AestheticDeath
04-21-2008, 02:23 AM
:(

Cash is preferred! Coins or trades can work though.

Khariz
04-21-2008, 02:32 AM
At least those assholes at the auction can now stop thinking that Drizel was one of Tsin's pawns that bid on stuff.

AestheticDeath
04-21-2008, 02:53 AM
Well they should have figured that out when he dropped the 5x masterful hauberk

But I guess it would have been pretty funny, listening to everyone wonder who Drizel was!

thefarmer
04-21-2008, 03:19 AM
Oddly enough, I thought that was you, AE.

Why, I have no clue.

Xaerve
04-21-2008, 09:58 AM
I knew it was him, I imagined he would be reselling.

bluesmith
04-21-2008, 10:01 AM
sweet, sweet bastard sword.

Khariz
04-21-2008, 11:41 AM
sweet, sweet bastard sword.

Yeah, it pains me to not offer AD to buy it, lol. Even though I don't use bastard swords.

KrolvinScout
04-21-2008, 12:19 PM
Yeah, it pains me to not offer AD to buy it, lol. Even though I don't use bastard swords.

Less babble, more posting that Auction List of things that sold ;)

Or you can PM me with it :)

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-21-2008, 12:19 PM
I knew it was him, more power too him also. The whole point of the auction was to sell stuff and have fun doing it.

Personally, I think it was the best part of the whole event.

NocturnalRob
04-21-2008, 12:30 PM
I knew it was him, more power too him also. The whole point of the auction was to sell stuff and have fun doing it.

Personally, I think it was the best part of the whole event.

well, given that it was the only part of the event that came even close to running smoothly...

g++
04-21-2008, 12:32 PM
Master shake would be proud that the Drizel has finally become famous

Khariz
04-21-2008, 12:35 PM
Less babble, more posting that Auction List of things that sold ;)

Or you can PM me with it :)

It's taking me along time to strip all the bullshit out of the logs. I'm trying. At a shitty pace too.

bubbauno
04-21-2008, 01:06 PM
You better hurry up and sell these before everyone finds out that you only paid about half of what you are asking for these!

AestheticDeath
04-21-2008, 01:34 PM
I pay about half for most anything I sell. How else am I suppose to make profit?

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-21-2008, 02:02 PM
I think you paid fair market value for the crowd gathered ;)

Lord Nelek
04-21-2008, 02:27 PM
I think that auction showed that the market has changed and that the value of items have changed drastically. Things are not worth what they used to be.

The question is why?

Dwindling player base? Poor players? (There seems to be lots of silvers being sold still) What is that coin being spent on?

g++
04-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Because you touch yourself at night

KrolvinScout
04-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Because you touch yourself at night

It puts the lotion on it's skin?

AestheticDeath
04-21-2008, 02:46 PM
I think I overpaid on at least one item. And the rest.. who knows. I should at least get back what I paid anyways.

Drunken Durfin
04-21-2008, 03:10 PM
It puts the lotion on it's skin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDgS6qLsVM4

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-21-2008, 03:11 PM
I think I overpaid on at least one item. And the rest.. who knows. I should at least get back what I paid anyways.

You didn't pay enough for my crossbow. Jerk.

AestheticDeath
04-21-2008, 03:17 PM
yeah I got that cheap I think

time will tell

Fallen
04-21-2008, 03:18 PM
I think that auction showed that the market has changed and that the value of items have changed drastically. Things are not worth what they used to be.

The question is why?

Dwindling player base? Poor players? (There seems to be lots of silvers being sold still) What is that coin being spent on?

DB still seems to be getting 10-12ish mill per enchant (starting at 4x)

The 7x cloak went for 80.

AestheticDeath
04-21-2008, 03:24 PM
I was pretty sure DBs still went for 12 per enchant minimum.

I don't think any one item actually went for its true 'value' at that auction. Everyone seemed to be holding back, and over half the people there were complaining about not being able to afford stuff.

Seems like the few people who could really afford to bid on items were just there looking for good deals like me!

Stunseed
04-21-2008, 03:28 PM
< Seems like the few people who could really afford to bid on items were just there looking for good deals like me! >

Ayep.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-21-2008, 03:45 PM
High end stuff is always hard to get premium dollar (silver) for. I think the bulk of my stuff went for truly fair market value. High end you always gotta work for that final few million.

Lord Nelek
04-21-2008, 03:47 PM
I was holding out for one item, which is why I passed up several items I would have bought.

AestheticDeath
04-21-2008, 04:23 PM
You didn't buy anything though did you? What item were you holding out for?

Lord Nelek
04-21-2008, 04:43 PM
I wanted those 5x DB bracers.

I passed on the 8x HCP fulls, I passed on the 101 bracelet, I passed on the 150 pound bag, I passed on the longblade you're selling.

I think that's it, I don't even remember, yesterday was the longest day ever with everything that went on.

AestheticDeath
04-21-2008, 05:10 PM
well he is still selling the bracers in his high end thread

NocturnalRob
04-21-2008, 05:12 PM

Unfortunately, Nelek hasn't sucked enough cock lately to get the discount he's after. Keep on trying though, buddy!!

StrayRogue
04-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Wolf sword for the runeblade (if the show can be altered)?

AestheticDeath
04-21-2008, 05:28 PM
If its the wolf sword I am thinking of, its not worth as much as the runeblade.

Maybe 25-40?

StrayRogue
04-21-2008, 05:29 PM
With coins of course.

BigWorm
04-21-2008, 05:35 PM
I overpaid for my toy (1x masterfully crit weighted short sword), but I feel like I got good deals on the other stuff that I bought. Sold one thing I bought for a nice profit before the auction was even over and finally got some nice toys to play with.

Lord Nelek
04-21-2008, 05:43 PM

He wants cash and I don't buy things for cash.

AestheticDeath
04-21-2008, 05:47 PM
I might take the wolf sword as partial trade. Could you remind me of exactly what it does?

I assumed it was something like two abilities, one of them 1x a day? Small amount of permablessed, or the wolf familiar? Or do they both last the whole 24 hours?

StrayRogue
04-21-2008, 05:48 PM
I'll try and get in some time soon and do a proper test, like timing the abilities.

Khariz
04-21-2008, 06:34 PM

The question is why?

I actually don't think this is true at all.

I think people come to an auction looking to get a deal. I was there with over 100 million coins liquid and I only spent 25 mil. I just didn't see anything that struck my fancy in a way to make me want to spend.

I think people (like AD) went there and spent money to get good deals on things so that they could sell that at today's true market price. Those market prices that Tsin was quoting most of the time were pretty spot on for the items. I know I could sell most of that stuff at close to Tsin's suggested market price.

Auctions are just one of those things where the prices are dictated by the money and desire of the people present. They aren't necessarily indicative of the market price at large.

AestheticDeath
04-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Yeah, but more to the point. I spent almost 200m, and I want some of it back!

Someone buy something. Perty pleease?

Khariz
04-21-2008, 06:48 PM
Yeah, but more to the point. I spent almost 200m, and I want some of it back!

Someone buy something. Perty pleease?

I'll give ya 70 for the bastard sword :love:

(Yes, I know what you paid, hehe)

AestheticDeath
04-21-2008, 06:52 PM
:(

Not really looking to lose coins yet, but I will let you know when I decide to do that!

Khariz
04-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Thanks.

P.S. Free Bumps, even though I'm serious.

Augie
04-21-2008, 08:49 PM
I woulda bid on stuffs...but it kinda kills the point of trying to sell off my own stuff so I can quit hah.

Xaerve
04-21-2008, 10:36 PM
I woulda bid on stuffs...but it kinda kills the point of trying to sell off my own stuff so I can quit hah.

I bet Washee is loving one of the major side effects of pregnancy right about now ;)

Boy or a girl, you find out yet?