PDA

View Full Version : Vista sucks

Parkbandit
04-18-2008, 01:59 PM
I really, really, really hate Vista. Their sound management SUCKS. It shouldn't be rocket science to use a new pair of headphones. Whatever happened to simple "plug and play"?

Sean
04-18-2008, 02:02 PM
I love my vista system I've had 0 problems with it.

Parkbandit
04-18-2008, 02:05 PM
I just bought some new headphones (AudioFX Pro 5+1) and installed the software per instructed. Plug them in.. and they don't work. I had a similar problem when I first activated this computer.

Asha
04-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Doesn't Vista's background programs which you can't shut off, completely drink up your gaming resources? Apart from this thread that's the only thing I've heard that stops me upgrading.

The Ponzzz
04-18-2008, 02:16 PM
I don't have any trouble with vista. I wish I went with the 64 bit vista, but the price drop for home premium made me go with that instead.

PB, do you have your UAC off? That may cause that.

As for resources being chomped up, as long as you rock 2GB, you're fine. I'll let you know when AoC comes out if vista is hurting me.

AnticorRifling
04-18-2008, 02:20 PM
I see Vista going away and Microsoft trying to forget it happened much like WindowsME. Just my opinion though. I love my XP Pro.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-18-2008, 02:22 PM
I can't get VPN to work at all on VISTA, and I can't respond to webmail on either of my Vista machines. No idea why.

TheEschaton
04-18-2008, 02:28 PM
I had to upgrade to Vista Ultimate to get VPNs working. Luckily, as a student, I could buy an upgrade from Home Premium for $15.

-TheE-

g++
04-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Doesn't Vista's background programs which you can't shut off, completely drink up your gaming resources? Apart from this thread that's the only thing I've heard that stops me upgrading.

It uses alot of memory, then it lists that under requirements too. Vista works perfectly for me. Can VPN, use putty, use ftp software, got eclipse installed, set my enviornmental variables, its just XP with features and hardware capacity IMO.

The whole "You cant control whats running" this is pretty much BS, I have vista running with absolutely no security, aero turned off and its like rocket skates. It took me literally 2 minutes to figure out how to turn all that crap off the first time i booted a vista machine.

Your webmail problem might be because when you installed vista it installed a new version of IE try using firefox if you have not already. Oh my headphones work too, no cd required.

Some Rogue
04-18-2008, 02:33 PM
I have vista running with absolutely no security..

Isn't that like the big selling point of Vista??

g++
04-18-2008, 02:37 PM
The big selling point of vista for me was it came on my computer. I dont need all that security sitting at home on a broadband cable modem and 90% of the problems come from the fire wall and security features.

TheEschaton
04-18-2008, 02:44 PM
God, uninstalling NAV was perhaps the best decision I ever made in re: to my Vista machine.

Gan
04-18-2008, 03:19 PM
2nd the :heart: for XP pro.

I only have one unit on vista and thats the wife's laptop. She's fine with it. Not me when I have to fix something. :(

Parkbandit
04-18-2008, 03:30 PM
Finally got the headphones to work on all my applications/games.

Stanley Burrell
04-18-2008, 03:34 PM
I really, really, really hate Vista.

WOAH NELLY. EASY THERE BIG FELLA.

You wouldn't want Bill to get angry, wouldja?

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/die-simpsons-bill-gates/568833021

In German? :wtf:

Drew
04-18-2008, 05:11 PM
I've had nothing but trouble with Vista, hardware installs have been horrible. Horrendous. XP Pro is what I'll be sticking with, I see no reason to use Vista currently.

Nieninque
04-18-2008, 05:32 PM
Finally got the headphones to work on all my applications/games.

A little reprieve from the Old Timers?

Parkbandit
04-18-2008, 05:42 PM
No.. I still think Vista is a buggy piece of resource hogging shit.

Some Rogue
04-18-2008, 05:44 PM
A little reprieve from the Old Timers?

The only way he is able to hear his games is when he puts the speakers right next to his ears.

BigWorm
04-18-2008, 07:00 PM
<3 linux

ElanthianSiren
04-20-2008, 10:33 AM
2nd the :heart: for XP pro.

I only have one unit on vista and thats the wife's laptop. She's fine with it. Not me when I have to fix something. :(

third.

I had to get Vista when I came back from vacation and found the HD in my other comp dead. Tried to do data recovery with it, and it turns out it's totally incompatable with XP. If you even try to ATTACH an XP drive in any way, the whole boot sequence gets screwy, and it boots in about 30 minutes.

I despise this OS. It's clunky and like somebody else said will probably go the way of ME. Of course I'm vaghurt cuz I loved my XP computer too.

Celephais
04-20-2008, 09:37 PM
Big love for Vista (fist-a?, freudian slip typo there?) It's been running beatuifully for me, granted I built a machine around expecting visita, but I've been extremely happy with it, took me minutes to have it configured in such a way that I liked (faster than it takes me to configure an XP machine to my liking).

I have a lot of the Aero features on, and I'm not normally woo'd by such things (as performance is top priority for me), I just don't feel they really hurt me as much as everyone complains, I've had no problems running demanding games in WUXGA with the setting cranked. Love Vista.

Alfster
04-21-2008, 09:01 AM
I had to upgrade to Vista Ultimate to get VPNs working. Luckily, as a student, I could buy an upgrade from Home Premium for $15.

-TheE-

I never had to pay for any Microsoft programs through school, you my friend, got jewed.

Sean
04-21-2008, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by ES
third.

I had to get Vista when I came back from vacation and found the HD in my other comp dead. Tried to do data recovery with it, and it turns out it's totally incompatable with XP. If you even try to ATTACH an XP drive in any way, the whole boot sequence gets screwy, and it boots in about 30 minutes.

I despise this OS. It's clunky and like somebody else said will probably go the way of ME. Of course I'm vaghurt cuz I loved my XP computer too.

I attached my old XP HD when I got a new Vista box through a USB enclosure and had 0 problems.