PDA

View Full Version : CRASHED! Driving Disaster

IcyPoison
12-21-2003, 11:04 AM
Well,

Every day seems to be a new drama story for me. I swear I'm going to write a book.. "The fucked up life of yet another person."

Last night after going to look at a room for rent. I was coming back, going a little faster than I should have and I was turning on the on ramp...

Well, being a dumbass and going too fast, I started to slide, I hit my breaks, the tires caught and took me right into the guard rail. My 97 Grand Prix GT now has NO front end. The entire bumper was ripped off, the headlights busted out, the hood smashed in. I'm positive I've done 5-6k in damage.

Currently its sitting at a dealship which is closed, being Sunday and all. My insurance company is closed. I have no transportation other than friends or family currently, and I HATE IT. I used to take pride in knowing that I'm a safe driver with a clean record.. And now... UGH, Just pisses me off. Couldn't have happened at a better time, christmas.. moving out.. so much shit.

But, I just needed to write something and get this off my chest.. Thanks for reading or skimming through, or just plain skipping my bitch session completely.

Anyone else had an accident recently? Want to give the details? I just want to know I'm not the only bad driver!! :)

Carl Spackler
12-21-2003, 11:09 AM
I had something similar but not too recent... it was right after I turned 16, I smoked a stop sign coming around a turn. I hit some black ice and took the thing right out of the ground... I just stood it back up and left.

Bewitchindryad25
12-21-2003, 01:41 PM
Actually last saturday my aunt and I was coming home from christmas shopping. She works late at night so really one of the only places open down here is Walmart .

One of the main highways which is usually 4 lanes had two lanes closed down because of road construction. So you could imagine its a college town, holidays are near, and a saturday night, with only two lanes. Traffic was insane. But we were driving along and some guy come barreling down the road doing 70 and my aunt had a choice to either swerve into oncoming traffic , hit head on, or swerve to the other side. She chose the other side. When she did we nailed the end of a guardrail and rolled down a 20 foot embankment. The passenger side of the van that I was in it crumbled basically and pinned my legs into the car.

So after about 45 minutes I ended up being cut out with the jaws of life and now have a walking cast and crutches *which i'm not using* because I have a fractured lower leg and ankle. My aunt's van is totally screwed up. The guy who would have hit us was drunk.

Because of the traffic it ended up being about a 5 car pile up. Was pretty nasty luckily no one was badly injured or killed. The cop told us later if the drunk guy had hit us head on it would have killed us both instantly.

So trust me you're not the only one who wrecks. We go to court Jan 5, against the guy who was drunk driving. Hopefully he gets his license jerked.

Ravenstorm
12-21-2003, 03:07 PM
In the 20 years I've been driving, I've had 4 accidents. One the fault of an idiot running a red and the other three my 'fault' in that, though I wasn't do anything wrong, it was my car that went out of my control. All three that were my fault happened in the first eight years I was driving.

Accidents happen. Accidents decrease with experience. Figure out what you did wrong so you can do it right next time. Live and learn.

Raven

HarmNone
12-21-2003, 03:13 PM
Ish, hon. You are having a tough time of it right now. I am glad you were not hurt badly, though.

This, too, will pass. :)

HarmNone

IcyPoison
12-21-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Bewitchindryad25
Actually last saturday my aunt and I was coming home from christmas shopping. She works late at night so really one of the only places open down here is Walmart .

One of the main highways which is usually 4 lanes had two lanes closed down because of road construction. So you could imagine its a college town, holidays are near, and a saturday night, with only two lanes. Traffic was insane. But we were driving along and some guy come barreling down the road doing 70 and my aunt had a choice to either swerve into oncoming traffic , hit head on, or swerve to the other side. She chose the other side. When she did we nailed the end of a guardrail and rolled down a 20 foot embankment. The passenger side of the van that I was in it crumbled basically and pinned my legs into the car.

So after about 45 minutes I ended up being cut out with the jaws of life and now have a walking cast and crutches *which i'm not using* because I have a fractured lower leg and ankle. My aunt's van is totally screwed up. The guy who would have hit us was drunk.

Because of the traffic it ended up being about a 5 car pile up. Was pretty nasty luckily no one was badly injured or killed. The cop told us later if the drunk guy had hit us head on it would have killed us both instantly.

So trust me you're not the only one who wrecks. We go to court Jan 5, against the guy who was drunk driving. Hopefully he gets his license jerked.

Yiiikes.. A story such as this makes me thankful for not being hurt. Still miss my car though :(

HarmNone
12-21-2003, 03:56 PM
Oh, Drayad! That accident sounds horrible. I guess we can be thankful that you were not hurt worse than you were, but it sounds like you took one hell of a beating.

Get well quick! :)

HarmNone

IcyPoison
12-21-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Ravenstorm
In the 20 years I've been driving, I've had 4 accidents. One the fault of an idiot running a red and the other three my 'fault' in that, though I wasn't do anything wrong, it was my car that went out of my control. All three that were my fault happened in the first eight years I was driving.

Accidents happen. Accidents decrease with experience. Figure out what you did wrong so you can do it right next time. Live and learn.

Raven

I was completely stupid and going way too fast. Its a bad corner, which I didn't really realize how bad it was until I was going around. I could have saved my car had I turned the wheel the right direction, but I was just too surprised or whatever the case may be.

I still find it hard to accept though.

Ravenstorm
12-21-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by IcyPoison
I was completely stupid and going way too fast. Its a bad corner, which I didn't really realize how bad it was until I was going around. I could have saved my car had I turned the wheel the right direction, but I was just too surprised or whatever the case may be.

Good, so you've learned from the experience. You now have the experience to know:

1) Not to be stupid and go way too fast in general.

2) To be more cautious going around corners you're unfamiliar with.

3) How to steer to correct a spin.

Fortunately, neither you nor anyone else was injured as the cost of your lessons. You got off cheaply.

Raven

[Edited on 12-21-2003 by Ravenstorm]

Skirmisher
12-21-2003, 04:37 PM
I'm glad you are ok Poison.

Auto accidents are scary things and I hate not having my car available even if I don't go anywhere.

I haven't been in one where I was driving since I was i think 20 or so, in my opinion Raven is correct about your driving skills improving with experience.

I know I felt totally in control when i was younger but I also was in all four accidents where I was driving in that 3 year or so period immediately after getting my license.

I hope your insurance is able to cover all the repairs and the deductible doesnt hurt too much.

You are safe and that is really the most important thing.

Bewitchindryad25
12-21-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by HarmNone
Oh, Drayad! That accident sounds horrible. I guess we can be thankful that you were not hurt worse than you were, but it sounds like you took one hell of a beating.

Get well quick! :)

HarmNone

Thanks hon and yeah I'm still sore and got bruises. I'm just glad NO one was badly hurt or killed. Also I'm thankful that neither mine nor her kids were in the car.

Icy, you may miss your car and trust me my aunt does too but be thankful you didn't get hurt. I'm glad your okay. I can't even go look at my aunt's van after they cut me out and I seen the wreckage that it caused from the pile up basically I'm not brave enough to go see it .

Just remember to be more careful and learn from this mistake and be thankful that neither you or anyone else was harmed by it.