PDA

View Full Version : Yasse - Script Program for Avalon (Mac)

lrb508
04-13-2008, 11:26 PM
OK, so this makes absolutely NO sense to me. I downloaded Avalon and was told I needed to get Yasse, which I downloaded, put in the plugins folder in Gemstone...but now I can't access it within the game. Can someone help me out? It's sort-of absolutely ridiculous that I shouldn't be able to use scripts...

Deathravin
04-14-2008, 01:46 AM
step 1, toss out mac
step 2, buy pc
step 3, download lich
you gain 12 intelligence points!

Sylph
04-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Mac is better in every way except one: Just a pain in the butt with the software issues.

fallenSaint
04-14-2008, 12:31 PM
Try Here (http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/bootcamp.html) or This might work too. (http://www.parallels.com/en/products/desktop/)

No matter how you look at it if you want to play gemstone without the urge to cry a lot you don't want to do it in OSX.

Deathravin
04-14-2008, 01:24 PM
I could modify that statment a bit.

if you want to Do Anything without the urge to cry a lot you don't want to do it in OSX.

Mac is better in every way except one: Just a pain in the butt with the software issues.

What do people use Computers for? Chopping celery? I use mine to run... (lets say it all and be proud) SOFTWARE.
I don't want to get into the debate at the moment. http://tv.truenuff.com/mac/ < What the mac ads should be like.

Bobmuhthol
04-14-2008, 01:29 PM
<<Mac is better in every way except one: Just a pain in the butt with the software issues.>>

Oh, so the most important part?

Deathravin
04-14-2008, 01:34 PM
Goddamnit, I hate when I agree with Bob.

CrystalTears
04-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Let's be fair here. Macs have issues with Simu software because Simu won't implement scripts into the program itself. They tell you to get YASSE yet they won't support it.

Celephais
04-14-2008, 02:03 PM
<<Mac is better in every way except one: Just a pain in the butt with the software issues.>>

Uh... no, don't you know computers are supposed to be $2000 fashion statements?

g++
04-14-2008, 02:31 PM
Mac is better in every way except one: Just a pain in the butt doing anything except taking pictures of yourself and editing them

Fixed

Renian
04-14-2008, 09:59 PM
Macs are fine, I don't know what you people are talking about. They've been fine ever since you've been able to install Windows XP on them.

Speaking of which:
1. Download boot camp.
2. Install it.
3. Install XP.
4. Get the Wizard and Lich and PsiNet.
5. Install all three in the correct order.
6. ???
7. Profit!

Deathravin
04-15-2008, 02:16 AM
hehe...

1) Collect underpants
2)
3) Profit!

Classic, early episode. Before they got all preachy and up their own ass with messages. (Still love the show though).

At any rate. I still like that I can upgrade PCs.
Quintessential quote from those truenuff spoofs; "Photoshop isn't a game."

Tisket
04-15-2008, 02:21 AM
Uh... no, don't you know computers are supposed to be $2000 fashion statements?

Jesus dude, you need to comparison shop more.

Tisket
04-15-2008, 05:57 AM
Speaking of Macs, my friend sent me this. He said he created it using Mac's Photo Booth + Comic making program. I now want a mac just so I can do this:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/Sassy_Photos_2007/maccomic.jpg

Sylph
04-15-2008, 06:24 AM

The software issues only are an issue with SMALL COMPANIES and with the popularity of the mac, it's ridiculous to think that some companies still are not making their product compatible to the fullest extent.

The ONLY issue that should arrise is Psinet, as it is coded by a third party, but simutronics' inability to offer a MAC client with scripting is ridiculous.

I can do absolutely everything I want with my computer except play a fucking text based game with scripts. It's ridiculous to think that you are trying to say that it is an error to run, a relatively error free(shocking) alternative to a PC, because of a gemstone product.

Granted, as things stand, the fucking game works better on a PC because of it's history of offering PC clients and the various third party support of said client.

However, if I choose to, then I can easily run windows on this machine... can you run a system without mounds of compounding errors? I thought not.

Bobmuhthol
04-15-2008, 07:07 AM
<<However, if I choose to, then I can easily run windows on this machine... can you run a system without mounds of compounding errors? I thought not.>>

I love how Mac users are so fucking vehemently anti-Windows (hey, lol, not everyone that doesn't use a Mac uses Windows btw).

PS. Yes, I can.

Deathravin
04-15-2008, 10:07 AM
I have a buddy at work that I constantly send all the horrible things like this (http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=Mjk3NjIsRGVjZW1iZXIgLDIwMDcsaGVudGh 1c2lhc3Q=) and this (http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=MzE0ODgsLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdCwsLDE=).

I have a linux box. I like it, I can do most things with it. If I never had any other PC I'd think I was getting everything I ever wanted out of my computing experience. It's a bit difficult to learn, but very nice.

I work in technical support and in my work I've had to work on Macs about 5% of the time. And again, I can do most things with it (except game). If I never had any other PC I'd thing I was getting everything I ever wanted out of my computing experience. It's easy to learn, but not powerful enough for the customization I need to do to it.
Every single positive Mac owners throw my way, is either an old standby clich&#233; (PCs crash all the time (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7867914019200314091&q=i+hate+mac&total=791&start=0&num=100&so=0&type=search&plindex=0)), or completely ridiculous (I can run windows (http://tv.truenuff.com/mac/bootcamp.php)! Now I'm better than you).

But the same negatives PC owners have had over Mac owners have stayed the same.
1) You can't upgrade (http://tv.truenuff.com/mac/os.php) them.
2) They don't run the software I need or want.
And I'm sorry, bastardizing yourself to run windows software doesn't count. It just show you that Apple has given up trying to convince software makers to make two version of their software.

First they thought people would just make software for them... Then they thought if they had a unix kernel (and after that, intel processors), software makers would be more inclined... Now they've given in to the fact that Windows is king.

To me, there are three things to try to not talk about... Religion, Politics, and PC vs. Mac debates. So I'm going to stop now, I'm not going to convince anybody anyway.

Celephais
04-15-2008, 10:17 AM
Jesus dude, you need to comparison shop more.
Apple computers come at a cost premium for the same hardware, there is no denying that. I think you can see the hyperbole in the actual price I used (although I've yet to meet anyone w/ a macbook air that didn't just have a $2000 fashion statement).

The software issues only are an issue with SMALL COMPANIES and with the popularity of the mac, it's ridiculous to think that some companies still are not making their product compatible to the fullest extent.

The ONLY issue that should arrise is Psinet, as it is coded by a third party, but simutronics' inability to offer a MAC client with scripting is ridiculous.

I can do absolutely everything I want with my computer except play a fucking text based game with scripts. It's ridiculous to think that you are trying to say that it is an error to run, a relatively error free(shocking) alternative to a PC, because of a gemstone product.

Granted, as things stand, the fucking game works better on a PC because of it's history of offering PC clients and the various third party support of said client.

However, if I choose to, then I can easily run windows on this machine... can you run a system without mounds of compounding errors? I thought not.
You expect simu to dedicate time to creating an FE for a fraction of their user base when several workarounds are present and they have a shitton to do within the game?

SpiffyJr
04-15-2008, 10:37 AM
If you want to do multimedia, use a mac, the tools are there.

If you want to game (and that includes Gemstone), use a PC.

Stop trying to use a screwdriver to drive a nail.

Audriana
04-15-2008, 10:46 AM
If you want to do multimedia, use a mac, the tools are there.

If you want to game (and that includes Gemstone), use a PC.

Stop trying to use a screwdriver to drive a nail.

:jerkit: Macs have no more advantage over multimedia editing than PCs do anymore. This was once very much the case, but the multimedia sector still uses Macs out of habit more than anything else now. As Deathravin said, an old standby cliche that hasn't been true for years.

CrystalTears
04-15-2008, 12:37 PM
You expect simu to dedicate time to creating an FE for a fraction of their user base when several workarounds are present and they have a shitton to do within the game?
They already have a product, they just made it half assed. There's no reason to release the program without a script engine. That's just laziness and retardation mixed in for flair.

SpiffyJr
04-15-2008, 06:23 PM
:jerkit: Macs have no more advantage over multimedia editing than PCs do anymore. This was once very much the case, but the multimedia sector still uses Macs out of habit more than anything else now. As Deathravin said, an old standby cliche that hasn't been true for years.

Yah, but if we keep telling them that it makes them feel better.