PDA

View Full Version : Win free silvers!

Lysander
04-12-2008, 08:28 AM
I'm having a contest, conditions are as follows.

I have 17 mil to hand out. So we'll have 17 winners in the end winning 1 mil each.

Winners will be determined by who can pick out any of the upcoming monk abilities. All you need to do is pick out a monk spell, unarmed combat skill, or any mechanical ability associated with the monk.

If there are two or more winners for a particular choice then it'll be split evenly between them.

Contest ends the day before they make the monk release. So if it released today it would have ended 24 hours before.
You can make 1 choice per person.So place your bets now!

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
04-12-2008, 08:32 AM
Monks will have the lvl 2 spell, "noob disruption", in which they distract all creatures and players in the area for RT subject to warding. A modifier is in place when cast on any of your dumbshit alt accounts on this forum, in which you simply are so distracted, you stfu for eternity. Kthx.

Xeromist
04-16-2008, 03:27 AM
I'm thinking the "spells" that monks can learn from their circle will include physical attacks that cost mana...like how wizards learn their bolt spells. Only instead of spell aiming, a monk would require brawling to boost the AS of the attack. That's the only feasible way I can think of unarmed combat actually dealing out a respectable amount of damage without completely revamping the current brawling system. And monks are all about chi and focus--so that pretty much translates into mana usage in Gemstone terms.

I don't keep up in the GS forums and what's already been discussed by GMs and other creative minds, so if this is something people have been talking about for a long time already, you're welcome to laugh and make fun of me. This is just the first thing that came to mind.

upperguy
04-16-2008, 02:28 PM
punch
kick

what do I win?

AnticorRifling
04-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Boot to the head!

Some Rogue
04-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Skullfucking.

Lysander
04-16-2008, 05:30 PM
I'm thinking the "spells" that monks can learn from their circle will include physical attacks that cost mana...like how wizards learn their bolt spells. Only instead of spell aiming, a monk would require brawling to boost the AS of the attack. That's the only feasible way I can think of unarmed combat actually dealing out a respectable amount of damage without completely revamping the current brawling system. And monks are all about chi and focus--so that pretty much translates into mana usage in Gemstone terms.

I don't keep up in the GS forums and what's already been discussed by GMs and other creative minds, so if this is something people have been talking about for a long time already, you're welcome to laugh and make fun of me. This is just the first thing that came to mind.

Combat system is going to be completely fresh brand new. Thus, anything can happen.

Some Rogue
04-16-2008, 05:53 PM
I'd like to amend my statement to say eye gouge + skullfuck as the ultimate combo.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a64/lrenzo2/5d219fe8.jpg

LMingrone
04-16-2008, 05:56 PM
I bet you're the kind of person that doesn't have the common courtesy to give a reach-around.

edit: And that movie hurts my feelings. God damn parents had to name me Lawrence, fuckers.

Some Rogue
04-16-2008, 07:31 PM
Lawrence? Lawrence what? Of Arabia?

That name sounds like royalty? Are you royalty?

diethx
04-16-2008, 07:34 PM
That's my dad's middle name. His first name is totally gay though.

Xeromist
04-17-2008, 03:34 AM
Combat system is going to be completely fresh brand new. Thus, anything can happen.

Well...hell!