PDA

View Full Version : Lich: What The Christ?

Danical
04-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Alright, I'm trying to install the new SGE, Lich, and Psinet2 on another computer but I can't seem to get the bleeding thing to work.

I've look at other threads, the directions in Lich and various other places but I still cant' seem to get it to work.

I also think by now I've fucked the Registry up proper good.

I've tried uninstalling psinet2, then lich, then SGE and starting over again. No worky.

So, suggestions?

Drew
04-11-2008, 08:36 PM
Format.

Drunken Durfin
04-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore

Back up to a point before you started jacking with everything, this should take care of the registry bork.

Deathravin
04-12-2008, 04:58 AM
i've found new SGE + lich is fairly unreliable

Danical
04-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Does anyone have the old SGE?

This new one can suck it fucking easy.

fallenSaint
04-16-2008, 02:14 PM
I might have it somewhere, didn't know they had a new one heh. Also if your having issues with Lich activating off SGE and don't change computers often you can set it up to launch in a registry type manner so its more consistent.

Edit: see if that attachment works.

Edit2: Here are the instructions for the registry tweak.. I believe they are up to date.

To Make Everything Completely Automatic (by far the easiest method):
1) Run the "Start -> Programs -> Lich -> Install to Registry" link from your Start menu. From then on, Lich will just automatically be there whenever you login.

What this does is replace Simutronics' registry key with Lich's own, causing Lich to be started when you login instead of their Launcher.exe; Lich then starts their Launcher.exe and things happen as normal. However, this is also the method of operation of programs such as Black Lightning and PsiNet, and if some other program starts acting strange after you do this, simply run the "Start -> Programs -> Lich -> Remove from Registry" shortcut to undo it. Additionally, this will not work if you use Microsoft's Internet Explorer to login to the game through the website (Firefox, Netscape, Opera, or any other browser I'm aware of should work fine this way).

**NOTE** If you use this method, YOU MUST RESTORE YOUR REGISTRY WITH LICH before you can play again without Lich. Also see the short notes in the "Lich Launcher" section at the bottom of this document (seriously, either read it or trust your fate to lady luck).

Danical
04-16-2008, 03:10 PM
I might have it somewhere, didn't know they had a new one heh. Also if your having issues with Lich activating off SGE and don't change computers often you can set it up to launch in a registry type manner so its more consistent.

Edit: see if that attachment works.

Edit2: Here are the instructions for the registry tweak.. I believe they are up to date.

To Make Everything Completely Automatic (by far the easiest method):
1) Run the "Start -> Programs -> Lich -> Install to Registry" link from your Start menu. From then on, Lich will just automatically be there whenever you login.

What this does is replace Simutronics' registry key with Lich's own, causing Lich to be started when you login instead of their Launcher.exe; Lich then starts their Launcher.exe and things happen as normal. However, this is also the method of operation of programs such as Black Lightning and PsiNet, and if some other program starts acting strange after you do this, simply run the "Start -> Programs -> Lich -> Remove from Registry" shortcut to undo it. Additionally, this will not work if you use Microsoft's Internet Explorer to login to the game through the website (Firefox, Netscape, Opera, or any other browser I'm aware of should work fine this way).

**NOTE** If you use this method, YOU MUST RESTORE YOUR REGISTRY WITH LICH before you can play again without Lich. Also see the short notes in the "Lich Launcher" section at the bottom of this document (seriously, either read it or trust your fate to lady luck).

I've look at other threads, the directions in Lich and various other places but I still cant' seem to get it to work.

Thanks for the SGE though. This might still work.

EDIT: You didn't give me the SGE :(

Danical
04-16-2008, 03:15 PM
This is my work computer and apparently this whole ordeal is a problem with Special Permissions.

Anyway around this?

Danical
04-16-2008, 03:28 PM
So . . . I uninstalled PsiNet.

I checked the registry here . . . HKEY_LOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\PsiNet.

There is no record of PsiNet.

When I try to reinstall the launcher it points to C:\PsiNet\PsiNet2.exe.

What The Christ?

fallenSaint
04-16-2008, 03:50 PM
Sorry was flipping through the files I had on the work PC, Ill check when I get home. And didnt realized you had done the registry setup most people dont. As for PsiNet ... no idea I really dislike the program so I've never tried to use it.

Danical
04-17-2008, 03:22 PM
COCKS.

JamusPsi
04-17-2008, 05:22 PM
no idea I really dislike the program so I've never tried to use it.

A well formed opinion if I ever saw one.

For PsiNet to work with lich, it must be installed AFTER lich. To return your configuration to the default, run the 'restore registry' bit in lich, then uninstall PsiNet. (You can use the same installer downloaded from my website to do this, http://www.psinfinity.net)

Then, reinstall the SGL (not SGE), available at http://www.play.net/software/lnchinst.exe.

At this point, check that you can login to the game. You should login without PsiNet and without lich, a plain vanilla game. If you cannot login at this point, double-check the steps above! Lich's restore and PsiNet's uninstall clean up after themselves, but installing the SGL should wipe out any changes they made and enable logins.

With this complete, install lich and use the "Install to registry" link. Verify that you can login to the game using the SGE, with lich and without PsiNet. If you cannot, contact Shaelun.

Finally, install PsiNet using the latest installer from my website.

If you have any further problems, feel free to contact me (my information is on the website), be be aware that I will likely ask you to remove lich from the equation, as I cannot truly support that software.

Danical
04-17-2008, 05:23 PM
kick fucking ass.

Thanks.

I'll try this when I've got some time.